**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should Kabam take the sentinels out of aq

PFunkPFunk Posts: 111
edited April 2018 in General Discussion

Should Kabam take the sentinels out of aq 181 votes

Yes
72% 131 votes
No
27% 50 votes

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I’ve used a lot more heals and revives now. This stupid sentinel, just sits on the corner blocking for nearly 10 seconds. Finally give up and go in and they use damn sp1. As well the skill sentinel just shrugs of debuffs. Sure so did the skill symbiod but it was much easier to fight. I don’t understand why they would add sentinels who, are much more difficult to fight. If you don’t agree that’s your opinion, not everyone has the right champs to fight them. While keeping the same rewards. Why wouldn’t you just wait to refresh the whole of aq, including the rewards... Now I hate war and aq. Take out the sentinels or up the rewards. Is it really hard to change the rewards?
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    They are annoying and hard to kill. It would be nice for kabam to recognise they had made aq a lot harder for most people. People will adapt, especially the endgame community, but that may require ranking up different champs and that takes resources. I dont think though that they are impossible and alliances can always do the map below if they find they cant so it. It is for that reason that i think it would be nice to have a boost to the map rewards.
  • Savio444 wrote: »
    I’ve used a lot more heals and revives now. This stupid sentinel, just sits on the corner blocking for nearly 10 seconds. Finally give up and go in and they use damn sp1. As well the skill sentinel just shrugs of debuffs. Sure so did the skill symbiod but it was much easier to fight. I don’t understand why they would add sentinels who, are much more difficult to fight. If you don’t agree that’s your opinion, not everyone has the right champs to fight them. While keeping the same rewards. Why wouldn’t you just wait to refresh the whole of aq, including the rewards... Now I hate war and aq. Take out the sentinels or up the rewards. Is it really hard to change the rewards?

The skill syms did about the same thing. They had a chance every time u hit them to remove all debuffs
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Although I voted yes, I'm not necessarily against Sentinels in AQ, I just think their abilities are a little over the top. I had more trouble with the Sentinels than Dormammu boss. Thats ridiculous. And it may be in part because Sentinels are awkward, but its also because they are OP in my opinion. But if they just improve AQ rewards I'm fine with it the way it is.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Was it a new wrinkle? Yes. Is it as bad or hard as everyone is making it out to be? No.

People need to stop freaking out every time they change something in the game. It takes a bit to adjust, then everything is fine.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Carames wrote: »
    Was it a new wrinkle? Yes. Is it as bad or hard as everyone is making it out to be? No.

People need to stop freaking out every time they change something in the game. It takes a bit to adjust, then everything is fine.

Of course its an adjustment, but I was surprised how much harder AQ actually is with the Sentinel change. I'm curious to see how people adjust though.

• PFunkPFunk Posts: 111
    Guys and gals, I’m not looking for a discussion. Just a simple yes or no. There are plenty of discussion posts elsewhere.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    I don't think they should take them out now that they are there. But I do think they need to be dialed back a bit until players get a little more practice on them. The jump in difficulty is in my opinion too high for what should have been (and what was described as intending to be) a small variety tweak to AQ.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »

The skill syms did about the same thing. They had a chance every time u hit them to remove all debuffs
    I know I already said this...
  • batatobatato Posts: 30
    STAFF - If you see this. You now know how 90% of YOUR players Terribly Hate this. FIX PLS

12.0 RETURNS
  • RawInstinctRawInstinct Posts: 61
    The funny part of it is that they are the hardest thing to fight on the map yet they aren’t in map 6 all of a sudden map 6 is easier than map 5 work that out only to Kabam can that make sense.

The Sentinels aren’t “fun” to fight against and pretty much any regenerating champ has become useless.

Rewards need to go up now not next month right now it’s just not worth it
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Don't take out sentinels instead increase rewards
  • Batpotter1Batpotter1 Posts: 348
    You could just increase rewards
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    They need a tweak, charges shouldn’t build up for baiting when they won’t use their l1, and the mystic dispersion and powergain nodes need to be taken away, was a clumsy addition, there shouldn’t be so many identical fights in aq. Plus there counters don’t seem to be working properly, (medusa and nebula) take them away or majorly fix them
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    PFunk wrote: »
    Guys and gals, I’m not looking for a discussion. Just a simple yes or no. There are plenty of discussion posts elsewhere.

What did you think was going to happen?
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    edited April 2018
    They amped up the ai, map 5 has never been this difficult.
  • The poll needs another option, as in Keep Sentinels but tone them down from 11 to 7 or 8
  • Animatronics_to3Animatronics_to3 Posts: 64
    edited April 2018
    No. They provide a new and interesting spin on AQ. However, there needs to be something to compensate them. More rewards(more crystals, more catalyst shards, more Gold and BC so we have some to spare after donating them back). Just something that makes it apperent that this is a challenge and that the rewards need buffs. 1/4 of a basic is hardly anything for an ENTIRE WEEK of AQ(referring to the 1800 shards given out at the end of each aq)
  • RawInstinctRawInstinct Posts: 61
    For the record I voted not to be removed I think there should be less of them and more real characters added
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    The fights are long and boring. Putting aside difficulty and rewards the fun factor just isn’t there.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Can anyone here tell me how to add a poll?
  • Christian899Christian899 Posts: 88
    edited April 2018
    Yes, they should. AQ is stale and would benefit greatly from more champ diversification.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    No, AQ was a breeze before this change, now you actually have to pay attention. They're not overly difficult once you figure out how to slow down the analysis charges but still wouldn't say no to an increase in rewards.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Another option that would benefit to AQ would be to make every champions, but the boss and mini-boss, random.

I mean, you can still know the class of the champion you will face but (for a cosmic) never know if you will fight a Thor, a Hyperion, a Medusa or a Carnage ! Considering the bonus on a node you could face real difficulties.

THAT would increase the fun in AQ, perhaps increase a little bit the difficulties and allow player to really enjoy the AQ.

And Yes you could get Sentinels from time to time but not half a dozen time as now...
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Yes, they should. AQ is stale and would benefit greatly from more champ diversification.

AQ WAS stale, now that mini bosses have changed and sentinels are in its much better.

Real talk.
  • AbarttoirAbarttoir Posts: 38
    Before these new Sentinals I was having more fun with AQ then War. Glad they fixed it so both feel rigged.

If you block you still get Incinerated, Limbered or just lose half your R4 champ. Yippie ki yay, great update!! Always love to spent a fortune on alliance health and revives. That way at least don’t have enough units to buy an other overpriced offer.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    edited April 2018
    Take em out! The best player in my Alliance just left, one of the better guys left yesterday, I’m out the door on Saturday. I foresee a few more before my departure and a couple more after AQ rewards come in. These sentinels are not only sucking the joy outta AQ, but they’re destroying what were once solid, Map 5 100% 14+/week Alliances.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    they should take all generic champs out of the game and replace them with real champs.
This discussion has been closed.