**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aliance quest

124»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    BrandJenn wrote: »
    Get some heavy hitters, try them out... These aren't the boss level sentinels from last month's event

You missed the above point in that you cannot "try them out". Trying and failing means you've boned your alliance mates.
    If an Ally can't understand that you're learning to fight a new Droid, then I would suggest finding one that's more understanding.

So as long as your alliance is understanding, its okay to screw them. That would be useful advice, if I was a sociopath. Unfortunately for me, I do not appear to be, as instead I'm potioning my way past mistakes to prevent them from being affected by my learning curve. I'm compelled to do that until I run out of money or the will to live.

Screw them? No. I was speaking more to the pressure from dying on them rather than intentional disregard. If people are still learning, that should be taken into account. There are some Allies that are more rigid with people dying. I wouldn't necessarily condone throwing things intentionally to gain experience.
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Lovingkid wrote: »
    Because of this statement-
    "You increased the difficulty but not the REWARDS."
    It is Demotivating to force players to go extra mile for for the same rewards as 6 months before

It's not hard.
  • Options
    DangerNoodleDangerNoodle Posts: 235
    Look I don't like Sentinels either and they ultimately reduce the fun I get out of AQ but at the end of the day it's Kabam 's game. They get to change it how they see fit and we keep playing because we love the game. Eventually they were going to have to change AQ anyway. Now they may not have taken the best course of action to do that but they have to try things out to know they don't work. And change is just a normal thing that happens anyway in a game like this that is constantly updating. And with change in games like this usually comes increased difficulty. Not much you can do but bare with them while they are figuring out how to best improve the game.
  • Options
    LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Look I don't like Sentinels either and they ultimately reduce the fun I get out of AQ but at the end of the day it's Kabam 's game. They get to change it how they see fit and we keep playing because we love the game. Eventually they were going to have to change AQ anyway. Now they may not have taken the best course of action to do that but they have to try things out to know they don't work. And change is just a normal thing that happens anyway in a game like this that is constantly updating. And with change in games like this usually comes increased difficulty. Not much you can do but bare with them while they are figuring out how to best improve the game.

Dude i understand the point, thats why im making this thread so they atleast have a look at it and countless others alike which you know are there.
    I just 100% act 5 2 days ago and lack of t1@ and other stuuf combined with increased difficulty is really Demotivating to proceed further.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Get some heavy hitters, try them out... These aren't the boss level sentinels from last month's event

You missed the above point in that you cannot "try them out". Trying and failing means you've boned your alliance mates.
    If an Ally can't understand that you're learning to fight a new Droid, then I would suggest finding one that's more understanding.

So as long as your alliance is understanding, its okay to screw them. That would be useful advice, if I was a sociopath. Unfortunately for me, I do not appear to be, as instead I'm potioning my way past mistakes to prevent them from being affected by my learning curve. I'm compelled to do that until I run out of money or the will to live.

Screw them? No. I was speaking more to the pressure from dying on them rather than intentional disregard. If people are still learning, that should be taken into account. There are some Allies that are more rigid with people dying. I wouldn't necessarily condone throwing things intentionally to gain experience.

You're missing the point. The problem with failing on an alliance is not that the alliance won't forgive me, it is that I cannot allow my failures to affect them enough to have anything to forgive. If they have to forgive me, its because I failed them in the first place. The pressure doesn't come from them, it comes from me, and I presume that is true for a lot of players. I'm limited not by what my alliance will allow, but what I will allow my experimentation to inflict upon them. Because my conscience kicks in long before their mercy has an opportunity to.
  • Options

You're missing the point. The problem with failing on an alliance is not that the alliance won't forgive me, it is that I cannot allow my failures to affect them enough to have anything to forgive. If they have to forgive me, its because I failed them in the first place. The pressure doesn't come from them, it comes from me, and I presume that is true for a lot of players. I'm limited not by what my alliance will allow, but what I will allow my experimentation to inflict upon them. Because my conscience kicks in long before their mercy has an opportunity to.
    No one is perfect. That's my point. People can't expect to have no issue at all when things are changed. Experimenting for the sake of experimenting wouldn't be wise, no. Trying options through the normal run of AQ is fair. The point I'm really making is we are going to fail to learn from time to time. Somehow it becomes some type of injustice that people have to use Pots and KO when they're learning something new.
  • Options
    DangerNoodleDangerNoodle Posts: 235
    Lovingkid wrote: »

Dude i understand the point, thats why im making this thread so they atleast have a look at it and countless others like which you are there.
    I just 100% act 5 2 days ago and lack of t1@ and other stuuf combined with increased difficulty is really Demotivating to proceed further.

True, but how many posts do you think there needs to be about this. There have been hundreds of posts on this topic and the ones that an admin has responded to they say that they will forward the advice to their team and all that stuff they say to make us feel better. But everyone making a post on the same thing doesn't change anything. Frankly how much do you think a post called "AQ sucks" would change?
  • Options
    BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    As many as it takes for Kabam to get the point. I wished 1000x more different people would make a post showing their thoughts on this topic @DangerNoodle
  • Options
    As many as it takes for Kabam to get the point. I wished 1000x more different people would make a post showing their thoughts on this topic @DangerNoodle

They are listening. There's no need to keep opening Threads.
  • Options
    Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    Jkw634 wrote: »
    As a 14 million alliance we have 3 leaving and another double digit people done with aq. It was already no fun and a chore. Now it is just drawn out more. I have not had any problems with the new aq but it is more boring. Same reason I hated modok labs some of the worse content dropped because of how drawn out the fights can be. I told my alliance mates that kabam dropping halls of healing was not them being nice but giving players revives and potions for new aq. It will only get worse once it’s done and people have to use their units and money.
    Yagami9999 wrote: »
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Fighting the skill sentinels on the immunity path is not something I relish doing 5 days a week, I’m already sick of it. The ultra-passive AI, coupled with the way their analysis charges stack up before the unblockable SP2s are unleashed ... just change the 3D model into that of a cash register, this was the most brazen cash grab I’ve ever seen from Kabam.

Combine this with the new “bug” which has increased block recovery time, preventing you from evading back in a timely fashion.

Finally, Kabam’s “inability” to increase the rewards “at this time” is just the icing on the cake and verging on insulting, if the intention was to completely alienate their player base then they’ve achieved it in spades.

This is actually pretty spot on.

Have 7 members retiring from Sentinels
    These are working professionals who join AQ & AW during lunch and toilet breaks
    But the ultra passive nature of the Sentinels means you cannot fight them fast, and you then get a very long toilet break.

They are very skilled players, have no trouble fighting sentinels, but the passive nature killed their interest as AQ have a 3min timer on the fight and on day 5 it's a nightmare especially the skill sentinel (which need a mutant as class advantage but mutants give double analysis which is NOT an advantage)
    Yagami9999 wrote: »
    Have 7 members retiring from Sentinels
    These are working professionals who join AQ & AW during lunch and toilet breaks
    But the ultra passive nature of the Sentinels means you cannot fight them fast, and you then get a very long toilet break.

That's a crappy situation to be in.

Yeah same for my alliance
    14.8mil alliance
    5x5 AQ top 600
    Tier 4 AW Gold 1 rank 400

I can't replace people when 7 leave at the same time
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

No one is perfect. That's my point.

If you wish to make a point completely unrelated to the point I was making in a post, it would be less confusing if you didn't quote and reply to that post.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

If you wish to make a point completely unrelated to the point I was making in a post, it would be less confusing if you didn't quote and reply to that post.

Pretty sure that point directly related to what we were talking about. Whether it's pressure from the Ally or ourselves, no one is perfect. When you're talking about failures as if it's some sort of dire transgression, that's not reasonable IMO. People are going to #### up from time to time when they're learning how to deal with something new. As I stated previously, I wouldn't suggest experimenting for the sake of experimenting with disregard to the effect on the rest of the Ally. However, how will anyone know what works best for them if they're afraid to try it in AQ because of a self-imposed sense of responsibility? There's too much pressure to win, from either side. To the point where learning is seen as an unnecessary liability.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Well they ruined war, took them several months to get it back close to where it was, but had to add war season to make people actually care about it again. Now they've ruined AQ, I'm sure it will take several months to fix it. It just ruined my current alliance, several of the best members quit including the leader which will be to big of hit to keep the alliance competitive so I'm having to leave which makes it even weaker. Probably going from a 15 million alliance to a 13 million one after we are replaced.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Well they ruined war, took them several months to get it back close to where it was, but had to add war season to make people actually care about it again. Now they've ruined AQ, I'm sure it will take several months to fix it. It just ruined my current alliance, several of the best members quit including the leader which will be to big of hit to keep the alliance competitive so I'm having to leave which makes it even weaker. Probably going from a 15 million alliance to a 13 million one after we are replaced.

These latest changes are the final straw for many. Every big change since 12.0 has been unwanted by the community. But they don't care, they keep pushing their agenda more and more.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★

Pretty sure that point directly related to what we were talking about. Whether it's pressure from the Ally or ourselves, no one is perfect. When you're talking about failures as if it's some sort of dire transgression, that's not reasonable IMO. People are going to #### up from time to time when they're learning how to deal with something new. As I stated previously, I wouldn't suggest experimenting for the sake of experimenting with disregard to the effect on the rest of the Ally. However, how will anyone know what works best for them if they're afraid to try it in AQ because of a self-imposed sense of responsibility? There's too much pressure to win, from either side. To the point where learning is seen as an unnecessary liability.

Cool story bro. And they owed the players nothing as usual right? Not free map costs for a week or 2 to offset failures due to learning curve? Kabam is 100% in the right agai, correct? You're such a mascot. Have some self respect and look at how you conduct yourself here. You just type long winded responses being contrary to anyone with a complaint alllll daaaaay.
  • Options
    This has goten soo much more hits than i thought.i do like to see all the diferent opinions good and bad as it allows everyone to see what everyone truely thinks of the progression or lack there of in this game . Thank you all for your input
  • Options
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Cool story bro. And they owed the players nothing as usual right? Not free map costs for a week or 2 to offset failures due to learning curve? Kabam is 100% in the right agai, correct? You're such a mascot. Have some self respect and look at how you conduct yourself here. You just type long winded responses being contrary to anyone with a complaint alllll daaaaay.

That's a whole lot of conjecture right there.
  • Options
    noobBAFnoobBAF Posts: 9
    I just hate the unavoidable ability to reduce your attack and raise theirs, it’s a clear intent to stop skill players who haven’t been lucky to get good 5* and rank them up. It’s like they don’t even remember why we all hated idea of challenger rating .
  • Options
    noobBAFnoobBAF Posts: 9
    Ron7m1 wrote: »
    Could put a playstation 4 or xbox1 in every room in my house with games With all the money I've spent on this game . but im the sucker for doing it
    Show more respect to ppl on rewards and everything else. its like puttin a treat in front of a dog and pulling it away with a string
    I find this issue always with any mmo game I ever played, mobile games are “shopping games” nothing else. Not war games , fighting games, or strategy games, they are all about getting best value for time you put in. There is no player I think who ever bought anything in any mobile mmo that didn’t regret doing it later, even if spend ,, get lucky and pull what you wanted, the whole meta changes shortly anyway. Follow some of Brian grant rules , even just that structure to approaching these games will get you most enjoyable experience. The game isn’t about the challenges in the game (aq, aw, lol , etc) it’s about the whole way you approach spending items and spending actual money if you do that✌️