**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Time to UN-NERF!

DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
Proxima Midnights ridiculous 400k damage gives KABAM no more excuses to unnerf
DOCTORS STRANGE
SCARLET WITCH
LOKI
THOR
BLACK WIDOW
And release these characters in 5 Star orn6 Star version

Comments

• Claytons2112Claytons2112 Posts: 66
    Scarlet witch wasn’t even funny. She literally required no skill. Power lock, Infinite stun lock, great damage. She’s way to powerful to bring back. She’s still good how she is. I would appreciate a 5*/6* version of these guys tho.

You're right about SW tho, she is still plenty powerful
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Un-nerf or not, at least let's bring on their 5* and 6* version, and let is see if we still need to worry about considering un-nerfing. Maybe we'll love their 5* and 6* version so much that they are talking about nerfing their 5* and 6* version. Oh wait, they already know they will be OP therefore they won't even release the 5* and 6*, by NOT releasing the 5* and 6* they are actually permanently NERFING them to 0 abilities, i.e. complete non-existence! :D

Haha, just kidding, joke aside, I really welcome their 5* and 6* version, will cheer the community up, and will certainly be good to Kabam's revenue stream!
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    All they need to do is bring those champs in as 5* or 6* and they would be god tier again (minus Loki, how did he get in there). 6* versions of Scarlett Witch, Dr strange, Thor, BW would make them very relevant again and some of the best 6*, when they get their proper dupes. It’s kind of strange to have many of the core avengers not available as 5* or 6*.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    All they need to do is bring those champs in as 5* or 6* and they would be god tier again (minus Loki, how did he get in there). 6* versions of Scarlett Witch, Dr strange, Thor, BW would make them very relevant again and some of the best 6*, when they get their proper dupes. It’s kind of strange to have many of the core avengers not available as 5* or 6*.

Imagine DC's Injustice and Injustice 2, NOT having the core founding members of the JL (or JLU) being available at all star/level/tier/rank, and being nerfed and not being the meta and most powerful characters in their game ... :D
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    While I think SW is probably about right, they didn't need to Nerf the rest the way they did. I'd be interested to see what a 5* doctor Strange would be like but still think he needs buffed a little bit. Diminishing returns nerfed black widow more than enough, she should be restored. If I remember correctly they even nerfed ultrons crit rate by about 7 percent which is ridiculous, while still a great champ a damage dealer he isn't.
    Out of all of those I'm still upset about how they pushed the Dr. Strange crystals right before the Nerf and the Ultron Nerf because he's the only 5 star out of the bunch. In reality if they don't release them as 5* I don't really care if they fix just 4 star champs. There's lots in the game that needs fixed before fixing 4* only champs. That said I'd be thrilled if they released them as 5s.
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    They nerfed them because they were never going to release more powerful versions of them and all the top boys had them maxed out which meant no more $$'s would be spent but you guys are right they should un-nerf them now or release 5* versions or are they still overpowered???
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Dtl7714 wrote: »
    You're comparing apples and oranges.

It is not an apples to oranges comparison. Kabaam's stated reason for nerfing those characters was that they were too powerful. They then turn around and release more powerful characters. Which means either they lied or the strength of those characters is no longer an issue. Either way unnerfing them isn't an unreasonable request

No. They didn't nerf then because they were powerful. They nerfed them because they couldn't create content that those Champs could not cut through. It wasn't just that they were OP. The Champs in combination with the Synergies and the old percentage-based system meant their strength multiplied exponentially. Which is why they also changed the system along with the nerfs. One Champ that has a very specific OP Ability that requires a very specific set of circumstances is not the same as a hot knife through warm butter like those Champs were. They were all-around OP. Nothing could really stop them. That's not the case with the new Champs, and just because one is strong at something doesn't mean it's the same situation. There's a misconception that the nerfs were to make all Champs equally powerful. That's not the case. Some Champs will have very strong skills in some areas, but none have a Swiss Army Knife quality like those Champs did.
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    I don’t think they need to be rolled back but I don’t see a reason for not releasing them as 6* in their current form.

As previously mentioned they’re all mainstream champions and the kind you would expect to be available throughout the game. It’s pretty poor that you can’t get the likes of Dr Strange or Black Widow at 6* but can get far more obscure champs.

The only person I could see as being too OP for 6* would be Wolverine.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    While I think SW is probably about right, they didn't need to Nerf the rest the way they did. I'd be interested to see what a 5* doctor Strange would be like but still think he needs buffed a little bit. Diminishing returns nerfed black widow more than enough, she should be restored. If I remember correctly they even nerfed ultrons crit rate by about 7 percent which is ridiculous, while still a great champ a damage dealer he isn't.
    Out of all of those I'm still upset about how they pushed the Dr. Strange crystals right before the Nerf and the Ultron Nerf because he's the only 5 star out of the bunch. In reality if they don't release them as 5* I don't really care if they fix just 4 star champs. There's lots in the game that needs fixed before fixing 4* only champs. That said I'd be thrilled if they released them as 5s.

I thought they buffed his crit rate. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    How often are you going to be bringing her as a 4-5* champ to 100 hits in anything other than LOL, RTTL, ROL???
  • Woah there hold your horses. Bringing in the 5* versions of the champs you just said would make the contest unstable
  • tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Dtl7714 wrote: »
    You're comparing apples and oranges.

It is not an apples to oranges comparison. Kabaam's stated reason for nerfing those characters was that they were too powerful. They then turn around and release more powerful characters. Which means either they lied or the strength of those characters is no longer an issue. Either way unnerfing them isn't an unreasonable request

No. They didn't nerf then because they were powerful. They nerfed them because they couldn't create content that those Champs could not cut through. It wasn't just that they were OP. The Champs in combination with the Synergies and the old percentage-based system meant their strength multiplied exponentially. Which is why they also changed the system along with the nerfs. One Champ that has a very specific OP Ability that requires a very specific set of circumstances is not the same as a hot knife through warm butter like those Champs were. They were all-around OP. Nothing could really stop them. That's not the case with the new Champs, and just because one is strong at something doesn't mean it's the same situation. There's a misconception that the nerfs were to make all Champs equally powerful. That's not the case. Some Champs will have very strong skills in some areas, but none have a Swiss Army Knife quality like those Champs did.

Behold, kabam's advocate, whatever you say this guy will come and object and defend kabam to the death.

if not believe me check out his other posts

Although I agree that GW looks like Kabams advocate in most posts I must admit I am with him/her on this one!

In all seriousness you can't compare Proximas or any current champ's damage output with old Thor killing WS in 9Hits,its another thing to have to build up the damage on 100+ or similar combos and fulfilling certain circumstances and another needing 9 hits and the ability to parry!!!No need also to talk about old black widow...100% passive ability reduction to everyone???You do understand that blade with all his synergies has 56% and everyone goes crazy about how he shuts everyone down!(yes I know he has very good regeneration and dps...not going to argue about that now)

Now about adding 5/6* versions of those champs,I'd really like to see that, and I think most of them can be realesed,although not sure how they should scale their sig.abilities..

And last note, my favourite marvel Hero is Wolverine,but if we want a 5/6* version of him they will have to nerf him, or somehow change him!I mean he would be immortal with that kind of regen...I am sure the can figure out a way to change him, so he can be Demi/god tier without being immortal😉
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Bringing back DS would be nice but the others would break the game
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    If Corvious is anything like Proxima Act 6 is going to be hard.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    You can't compare old gods to the new gods. Simply since the old gods could kill anything and everything without any skill involved people were doing RoL with a 3* SW and needing 0 heals or revives. And old Thor could 10 hit RoL WS and could prolly do the Same thing for all of RoL.

Proxima Midnight needs to achieve certain circumstances and then also do a 100 hit combo to then do that damage and it will only work in RoL.

Rttl has safegaurd and Lol has a 50k damage cap.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    yeah i just posted on this. It's time they do this everyone. Stop arguing the counter point here. They aren't overpowered anymore. Period. There are champs out there who do what they do better.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I really want to see dr strange back. He is a key marvel character and had a unique playstyle. If only benedict cumberbatch could get in touch and lay down the law to them.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Thor
    Even a buff to not quite his former glory would have him struggle with Medusa and Hyperion who are also both Poison immune and packing more than a simple Armor Break mechanic

Black Widow
    Cause full AAR was her only niche against the others

Doctor Strange
    Ghost Rider, Morningstar and Scarlet Witch all easily outclass and power gain is absurd even without him

IRON FIST! This guy was legend material! Now he’s barely above average if thato

Scarlet however I don’t see coming back in full as she’s still crazy
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    As for OP-ness there’s a few champions I can immediately point to cutting through content @GroundedWisdom

Voodoo with combination immense healing and Poison can literally cut entire Act5 Ch4 paths out of existence. Resistor? Try EASY! Not to mention he can nullify even node buffs that come back and can basically Dormammu Style just not allow power gian without any effort

Stark Spider… 3/30 beats RoL easy. He ALONE justifies the old gods being at least MOSTLY back to full

Any new mystic basically replaces Pre12.0 Strange I’m sorry but it’s true to a high degree and many others are better power gainers

Thor still doesn’t compare to Medusa and Hyperion as of yet and I don’t think either of them can 10 hit RoL Soldier

And widow is straight up useless unless she’s maxed and fighting science champs cause almost every other skill champ has AAR

And Iron Fist is now the new Pillow fist since Luke became his Netflix counterpart FINALLY!
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Saiyan wrote: »
    "They didn't nerf then because they were powerful. They nerfed them because they couldn't create content that those Champs could not cut through." - Groundedwisdomtooth

Did he just agree and disagree at the same time?

1. Not nerfed cuz to powerful
    2. Nerfed cuz to powerful for content

"My name, is Grounded Wisdom (tooth), and I am the advocate for the RAINING, DEFENDING, UNDISPUTED, BEST GAME DEV ON THE PLANET, KAAAAAAABAMMMMMM!!! (bonus points for those who get that reference and yes I know it's fake)

Now to actually add a constructive part to this post. I agree with OP, those guys should come to the 5 star pool and I do thin they will eventually. I mean by this time next year, people will have awakened 6 stars and the pool by that point will be expanded. Why would I bother to use a 4 star BW when I maybe have an awakened 6 star champ in say Act 6?

It's a matter of time but I think they should do it sooner than later. Give us that 5 star Abom and Joe Fixit Kabam, we needs them.

No his point makes perfect sense if you'd take your head out your ass for a second.

The old Thor could basically 10 hit win any fight
    Sw could permanently stun lock, power lock and regen an entire fight regardless of difficulty

Those 2 in their former state could prolly beat LoL without any potions or revives. It may take awhile for SW since she doesn't always hit hard but what does it matter if the opponent can't fight back at all.

Thor would just stack 10+ armour breaks and then l3 and do like 80% of the health and finish them before the stun ended.

Only champs that could use some love is Bw maybe not back to 100% aar but maybe buff her damage or add some thing to her.
    Ds could also use some love a bit more power gain and maybe adjust his healing a bit