**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Rifts are bogus. Where does Kabam get off equating a T4BC to a T4CC

I just did my first master rift and got a SINGLE Tier 4 basic catalyst. Both the tier 4 basic and the Tier 4 Class catalyst have a 10 % chance in the rift. How can they say those have the same rarity? One takes a month or more to get, and the other takes a couple days in AQ. I can't believe I spent time and hard work trying to get shards for a TIER 4 BASIC CATALYST.

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Go back to the modok quests
  • Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199
    I'd take a basic or a couple of t1 alphas over a t4cc lol. Just depends where you are in the game. I've got the 1* chest in the master rift every time except this last one I finally got a 3* chest. 3800 T2 alpha frags. Not bad.

Not bad at all. Even those 1 star chests are better than a T4B. Also, you have to consider that people who lower in the game and have a dire need for T4B, probably can't even do a master rift anyway.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    unfortunately we all have different needs. I agree that i could use a 10 pack of T1 alphas over a single T4 basic. The T4 basic shouldn't be in there, and I dont get any from aq because we play a low map. Its all from the EQ's.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian
    Go back to the modok quests

I'd rather get crappy 4 and 5 star shard pay outs over a tier 4 basic any day. 100 4 Star shards is better than a T4B.

If it was possible for me to make this trade with you, I would give you literally all my 4* shards.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    We run 5 x 5 and get a t4cc every AQ that I don't open. I've let a lot of them expire in stash actually as it isn't worth ranking a mediocre champ and burning the basics and alphas. T1 alphas are my bottleneck but I'd take a t4 basic over a t4cc right now.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    My bottle neck is gold.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    I can't believe I spent time and hard work trying to get shards for a TIER 4 BASIC CATALYST.
    Spoiler alert: when the game ceases production in the (nearish?) future, there'll be a whole lot of that sentiment going around...

• LCv2LCv2 Posts: 18
    This argument is right on the money. The rewards from the "random" choice of path you get are not compensable to the highest that is available. In my Master rift earlier today, there was a 5* Mystic awakening gem, but instead of getting that, I got 3600 t2a shards....at 36,000 shards to forma a t2a, that equates to 1/10th of a t2a.

No offense, I would normally take all the t2a I can get from anywhere I can get it, but shards suck. Seriously. In all forms, shards suck.

Today I got 1/10th of an actual award. 9 more Master rifts until I get an actual reward.
  • LCv2LCv2 Posts: 18
    We run 5 x 5 and get a t4cc every AQ that I don't open. I've let a lot of them expire in stash actually as it isn't worth ranking a mediocre champ and burning the basics and alphas. T1 alphas are my bottleneck but I'd take a t4 basic over a t4cc right now.

Therein lies the problem with the reward system....payout at the top is ludicrous comparative to the payout at the top 5% level.
  • Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199

Spoiler alert: when the game ceases production in the (nearish?) future, there'll be a whole lot of that sentiment going around...

What makes you think that's gonna happen?
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    I was on the verge of r4ing my 5 star GR (unduped). New SA had started, map 5 aq was just opened. I was all set. Only was missing 1 t4bc. I had used up all glory, all map crystals, damn everything but I was 1 t4bc short. I hit a solo event milestone and that gave me 100 tier 2 Rift shards (heroic) which made it 10k. Played heroic, got 3 star signature stones. Got 5k expert Rift shards. Use up energy refill. Played expert Rift. Got that **** 1 full t4bc. Haha. That 1st time made my day, it was the first time I got what I actually wanted at that particular time. Finally I r4ed my 5 star GR (1st 5 star r4). Took him to aq, crushed everything. Morning star, he took him like nothing. Got regened to full health back at the end of fight. Just loving his sustainability plus bleed immune. So I think it all depends where you are what you want. But I agree that this game does often leave you in bad taste, don't get things that you want too often.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    For the record, a Basic is not that low-rent. I pulled 2k 5* Shards my first run, along with the 500 for finishing. Still waiting on my second run. The Rewards in the Rift are nothing to shake a stick at, for 5 extra Fights.
  • B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    I have ran the master rifts 3 times now and this time around the drop rates are so much better than the last. I guess a got a little lucky but I still know people In my alliance that also dropped 5* Gems so seems the loot is good.

gxi4kr9zl6rb.png
    utal75cxeu54.png
    16cfggxdkugs.png
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I’d take that over the 4* chest any day (7200 t2a shards) as someone that has once again capped out on T2a while waiting on a decent 5* it’s quite annoying that these shards just sped up the inevitable ranking of a 5* I’m not sure I want to rank up.
    Wow. Sick.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    The rifts are absolute garbage. With everything else being RnG, it would be nice to be able to choose a reward to work towards, instead of just getting garbage shards.

I just wish they'd bring back Rocket's Scrapyard. THAT event was proper. You got to CHOOSE which rewards to work towards, because you NEEDED them.
    That's half the fun of Rifts is the random roll.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Havent ran through any rifts yet but i would probably have a heart attack if I got something good. Last time I got nothing good at all and it really soured me after the effort to collect shards.

Rockets scrapyard knew how to treat a fella.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    That's half the fun of Rifts is the random roll.

Even YOU can't possibly believe that.
    "Half the fun of rifts is getting the stuff you don't care about, instead of a clear goal to achieve something required for progression"
    Actually, I do believe that. The Rewards are a bonus to what I'm already doing. What am I spending? A few hundred Energy that would sit there when I'm not Questing and Grinding? Half the excitement is the thrill of what I could get and waiting to see where it will land. After that, it's over.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    B1gG4z wrote: »
    I have ran the master rifts 3 times now and this time around the drop rates are so much better than the last. I guess a got a little lucky but I still know people In my alliance that also dropped 5* Gems so seems the loot is good.

gxi4kr9zl6rb.png
    utal75cxeu54.png
    16cfggxdkugs.png

This is one of my main gripes with this game. I got the 2* chest (2k 5* shards). Last time the rifts were here, I got a 1* chest on both my master runs.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    B1gG4z wrote: »

gxi4kr9zl6rb.png
    utal75cxeu54.png
    16cfggxdkugs.png
    U hav just bum super lucky.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I don’t think you have the same chance to land in each path. I’m pretty sure you have less of a chance to get a t2 alpha versus the 1* chest. In all the master rifts I have run in this game, I’ve only received the 1* chest. I think I’ve done 5 total
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    If my memory serves me, this set of master rifts is the first time I’ve gotten something other than 1/2* chests—a 4* chest containing T2a shards. I’ve never gotten one of the “special,” unboxed prizes from a master rift.

When I see crazy luck like the OP’s above, I feel happy for him. However, I also want to vomit.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    Wsm10 wrote: »
    For someone not in an alliance, is there ways to get more rift shards then the calander, the different events that happen daily and what we got at the beginning? I tried following the messages, but it's crazy to me I havent gotten enough to do even a second run without being in an alliance. If that's it then so be it, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks and have a good day.

Event quests are your main source of shards. One full T4 run from each of Master and UC. Others offer less.

DZ