**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

GOLD. Is it really an issue?

Comments

• Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Looks like that promise of transparency was a lie. A simple yes, no, or we are looking at it would be nice. A hot topic with the only response from Kabam being, "let the game tune itself."

Almost 400 comments, almost 5000 views on this thread alone. Kabam is reading, I've seen them delete some posts, but no comment from them.

I guess what would suck the most, to me, is if they do change gold in some manner, but don't post it on the forums first in one of the many many threads on the issue, or as just an announcement. Yeah, the change would be great, but you had the opportunity to follow through on a promise to not keep the community in the dark, but you passed it up.

A little bit of communication goes a long way. That's my feedback. Still, as always, it's a great game. Take care.
  • Options
    I’m confused did Kabam really direct everyone here and then just not reply at all? What’s the point of having everything in one spot if there’s not an answer there. People will just keep making new posts. Kabamed
  • Options
    Hey we got an answer to AW synergies, maybe we will get some clarity on if Kabam thinks there is a gold problem.
  • Options
    PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    Riegel wrote: »
    Hey we got an answer to AW synergies, maybe we will get some clarity on if Kabam thinks there is a gold problem.

Wish they would have posted in the AW synergies thread that is under investigation.
  • Options

Wish they would have posted in the AW synergies thread that is under investigation.

They did on the original bug report post I think.
  • Options
    Itinho2107Itinho2107 Posts: 69
    In fact, anyone who plays M5 and does not do the basics in the arenas for work, school, family and friends is always in debt with gold.
    Gold is scarce as well as T1A.
    To evolve a 5-star champion from scratch to position 4, almost two million gold is needed. With that the donations and the cost paid for arenas end up undermining the recruiters' personal coffers.
    Pay 400 to 1000 gold to have 300 returned and an abuse.
    Fix it please.
  • Options
    Itinho2107 wrote: »
    In fact, anyone who plays M5 and does not do the basics in the arenas for work, school, family and friends is always in debt with gold.
    Gold is scarce as well as T1A.
    To evolve a 5-star champion from scratch to position 4, almost two million gold is needed. With that the donations and the cost paid for arenas end up undermining the recruiters' personal coffers.
    Pay 400 to 1000 gold to have 300 returned and an abuse.
    Fix it please.

I agree it's a lot to keep up with. There needs to be something people can do other than trading in BC that directly targets gold gain.
  • Options
    Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    I was fighting EQ Uncollected and I was surprised that when you kill the strongest opponent with 11k+ attack you receive less than 1k gold for that fight.

My idea is that for all EQ, every time you win a fight you get half of the opponent attack as gold.

For instance my opponent has 5k attack, if I win the fight I receive 2.5k gold.
  • Options
    Slux83 wrote: »
    I was fighting EQ Uncollected and I was surprised that when you kill the strongest opponent with 11k+ attack you receive less than 1k gold for that fight.

My idea is that for all EQ, every time you win a fight you get half of the opponent attack as gold.

Yea, at this point anything would be nice.
  • Options
    DSPSAABDSPSAAB Posts: 65
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    These gold threads always devolve into the same thing, grind the arena, although no is willing to say what is a reasonable amount of time to put in the arena per day, just to break even on rank ups.

As I’ve said before Kabam has the data, they have seen our debates, so IMO either some changes get made or I’m pretty certain players will start slowly quitting.

But I have a feeling Kabam is working on something dynamic and it will probably address some of the issues we are having. So let’s just wait to see what they come up with.

I hope they do! I just wish they were more transparent, or would at least reply to any thread on the subject. Even a "no we feel gold is in a good place would be ok" then at least we'd know.
    4nk59032eyu0.jpeg
    Direct response to gold thread. YW. /thread? Yeah right!

I am not in agreement with Miike feedback, he very smartly pushed the gold issue under the carpet by saying "let the game tune itself" and "some are summing in gold but thriving for T4 and some have T4 and thriving for gold". He is mixing two different levels of players in one situation and educating on correct use of resources. One player with no or low T4 with swim in gold will probably not be playing map 5 or harder content and roster will basic. If someone playing harder content will not be short of class or basic T4 and to use that we need gold. It was very precisely give by regal that handsome amount of gold needed to rank and level up five star champ. Considering how much gold you have in your game account, if ranked 3-5 five star champ you will bankrupt for sure.
    Sorry to say, there was a time when god tier champions were nerfed to make the future of this game and it was said that these changes were made so that people should not stick to same Roster and try to explore more options. Now kabam is again pushing people in same direction and asking people to have some specific champs and if you don't have it... Then wait for god tier champion and save your resources.

I am not positive about any changes due to our discussion. I don't for what kabam is waiting for.

ew0ey49liyze.jpgthi
  • Options
    yjzujeizf6cw.png

Just saw this. How can Kabam be so disconnected from their players. If you were to buff these crystals by removing the 2,400 gold drop this might have been a decent start. This however, is a spit in the face bandaid move that many will not participate in. This neither fixes nor changes anything.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Ok, I confessed, I couldn't resist the temptation, so I decided to buy a total amount of 0 gold crystal by spending 0 units! I'll start spinning my 0 crystal and report back how many gold I manage to get.

LOL, just kidding, joke aside, good effort on their side making this offer. That tells us how "smart" are their marketing people! I forrsee 1 million players must have spent 100 million units in total buying this, and the person making this offer should be rewarded with a promotion! Good luck and cheers!
  • Options
    The game has moved on so much since it was launched but the rewards from events and quests didn't increase at all in terms of gold. We are ranking up 5 and 6 star heroes now, not 3 star ones like we used to a few years ago, so, naturally, we need a lot more gold.

We need ordinary gold realm quests or increased gold rewards overall. We can't rank up heroes at this point, more than half of the community got stuck beacuse of gold draught. It also causes Kabam to lose money beacuse why buy crystals if we won't be able to level up our heroes?

And before you come argue with me, NO; I CAN'T GRIND THE ARENAS 24/7.
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Would Golden Sentineloids be useful in gold realms? They could carry up to 100k gold.

Yes we do require more gold recently to rank more higher tier champions and the lack of gold in alliance events (Node Removal,etc) could be attributing to this, but we definitely need more
  • Options
    Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    I literally logged on for the specific purpose of complaining about the lack of gold. Every aspect of this game has evolved and maybe improved (RIP Bases) since the inception except gold... I will grind arena to a point but that doesn't cut the butter. The easy answer is a regular gold realm of some kind or increased gold rewards. Idk... but it sucks right now.
  • Options
    DSPSAABDSPSAAB Posts: 65
    edited April 2018
    I simply don't understand that why Kabam is adding more and more characters to the game if we don't have enough gold to rank or level up champs. Its like making children with nothing to feed...

Every month two characters are added and if we assume that someone has to rank or level up two characters then million dollar question... [b
    ]"is the game offering enough gold to rank up champs by playing monthly quest or events." [/b]
    [/i]

4* total cost ~565,000 gold to Level --- 275,000 gold to Rank---- 840,000 gold total (3.3x the cost of a 3*)
    5* total cost ~1,600,000 gold to Level - 1,357,000 gold to Rank- 2,957,000 gold total (3.5x the cost of a 4*)

If Kabam people can answer this I am ready close the discussion and not suggesting to grind arena day in day out...

Don't make Fool of people...
  • Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    Gold by duping champ should b 5x of current at this moment.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    Gold by duping champ should b 5x of current at this moment.

everything in the game should be giving 5x the current amount. It's simply ridiculous that the cost of ranking champs have gone up x10 yet the amount of gold hasn't ever changed. Ever.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Read thru the thread, a lot of information is packed in here.
  • Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Would Golden Sentineloids be useful in gold realms? They could carry up to 100k gold.

Yes we do require more gold recently to rank more higher tier champions and the lack of gold in alliance events (Node Removal,etc) could be attributing to this, but we definitely need more

You know what?Think Golden sentineloidls are a good idea!
  • Options
    Slux83 wrote: »

If they implemented this in Rol and LoL, Gold mines.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    There are arguments which can be made for both sides

People when looking at the shorter longer picture say grind Arena!
    When looking at the actual longer picture,they would say,There are many other sources to grind gold.Grind!

Well,This is not true,Sure,By holding up and saving,you accumulate gold,but with increased availability of 5*s and they becoming arena fodder,People need to rank them up.Gold is plentiful for some,But for people with many rank ups to do,it tends to become very scarce.

I'm at 700k and steadily falling.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Wow did Kabam really link this thread and now it's not bumping? seriously?
  • Options
    PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    I know there are lots of possible solutions and ways to get gold in the game as it currently stands. However, I see the gold problem first hand everyday. I lead a 14 million alliance and about half of my team is living week to week on gold. They grind and get AQ rewards and that allows them to donate for the week and rank up 1 champ (because they have Catalysts and ISO expiring). Then they are back to having no gold and the cycle repeats. There is no enough ways to gain a stash of gold (not everyone can spend lots and lots of time in the arena or afford to spend a lot of money on Gold crystals). Please allow us other ways to increase our gold. We all spend what time we can on this game and more options to increase gold would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    I know there are lots of possible solutions and ways to get gold in the game as it currently stands. However, I see the gold problem first hand everyday. I lead a 14 million alliance and about half of my team is living week to week on gold. They grind and get AQ rewards and that allows them to donate for the week and rank up 1 champ (because they have Catalysts and ISO expiring). Then they are back to having no gold and the cycle repeats. There is no enough ways to gain a stash of gold (not everyone can spend lots and lots of time in the arena or afford to spend a lot of money on Gold crystals). Please allow us other ways to increase our gold. We all spend what time we can on this game and more options to increase gold would be much appreciated.

Not to be obtuse here, but if you want that half of your Alliance to be able to rank up more champs, couldn't you do more free maps and lower donations to help alleviate some of the Gold shortage issues?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain about a gold increase or easier ways to earn it. At the same time, there has to some advantage for the people dropping $ for it or grinding arenas for hours a day for it.
This discussion has been closed.