**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Serious Gold Problem Kabam..

Comments

• Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I don't fall in any category because I still rank up champs. If I get new ones they are 3/30 and I do 5/50 or rank up five stars to increase arena points and make battles easier
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    As for who is out of touch with the game? Its the top. You don't really play the game. You auto fight your way through every level till you get to a spot where you need take over for a few fights. You get all the goods you need from alliance events so you don't need to grind in the side arenas for them or many quests. Snd when you do need to grind you complain. If you don't get a t3 on auto fight with your strongest team you come here and complain about the availability of t3s...if you don't feel like grinding you come in here and demand an arena you can auto play for some gold. Even the 5 and six star arenas you do not grind...at 30k a fight you run your huge roster of fives and take a nap...or god forbid, you do your real job. You play the alliance events...not the game...
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    And that brings into question the "bracketing" at 60 days why should some new player be lumped in with your none ginding @zz?
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    As for who is out of touch with the game? Its the top. You don't really play the game. You auto fight your way through every level till you get to a spot where you need take over for a few fights. You get all the goods you need from alliance events so you don't need to grind in the side arenas for them or many quests. Snd when you do need to grind you complain. If you don't get a t3 on auto fight with your strongest team you come here and complain about the availability of t3s...if you don't feel like grinding you come in here and demand an arena you can auto play for some gold. Even the 5 and six star arenas you do not grind...at 30k a fight you run your huge roster of fives and take a nap...or god forbid, you do your real job. You play the alliance events...not the game...

Just wow. Yeah by not really playing the game they have acquired huge rosters. They also must not pay for map 6 right. I mean there’s not a huge cost to play it or anything. Oh and I bet they are grinding for t3
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    The game revolves around progress.

You need to grind to progress (to get shards and champs).

In order to grind you need your champions to be ranked up.

If we don't have the gold to rank up, progress is halted.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    You can only say it so many times. Lol. It's like me asking the store to give me more clothes because I don't have time to work.

This analogy is so far off base (like 90% of your other posts).

It's like the 3-6 hours *PER DAY* I log in this damn game outside of arena activity isn't enough. I'm supposed to spend another - what - 4+ hours grinding in arena? On top of the 3-6 I already am for other areas of the game?

I can't imagine how anybody with a full time job can play all aspects of this game AND be grinding arena enough to be secure with gold.

I'm not the kind of person who ranks up every 5* I get...It's quite the opposite, I only have ONE R3 5*, 4 R4's I've acquired over the last YEAR, and just took a 6* to R2. I'm sitting at 3400 gold right now and 800 sold ISO.

It's absolutely ridiculous. And FWIW, I run about 2-3m points each arena too just to get SOME semblance of BCs in my stash.

@roastedbagel

I think you need to say it a little louder, the ones on the back of the turnip truck can’t hear you. No one who plays this game everyday should have a gold issue, but this simple statement falls on deaf ears.

3400 gold is not enough to run the T4B arena, no one who plays everyday should have this problem. Are you listening Kabam?

So many other things we could be talking about in this game, but this is the most pressing issue. This is an easy issue to take off the table. Basta
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    You can only say it so many times. Lol. It's like me asking the store to give me more clothes because I don't have time to work.

It's like the 3-6 hours *PER DAY* I log in this damn game outside of arena activity isn't enough. I'm supposed to spend another - what - 4+ hours grinding in arena? On top of the 3-6 I already am for other areas of the game?

I can't imagine how anybody with a full time job can play all aspects of this game AND be grinding arena enough to be secure with gold.

I'm not the kind of person who ranks up every 5* I get...It's quite the opposite, I only have ONE R3 5*, 4 R4's I've acquired over the last YEAR, and just took a 6* to R2. I'm sitting at 3400 gold right now and 800 sold ISO.

It's absolutely ridiculous. And FWIW, I run about 2-3m points each arena too just to get SOME semblance of BCs in my stash.
    It is not out of touch. The argument that people don't have time to Grind for Gold and claim the game has a serious imbalance is the same as not having time to work and claiming the economy is broken. Plus spending habits. People don't pace Ranking. They want to take a 5* to R4 in one go and wonder why they're running out of Gold. A 5* is not A 4*, I don't care what people think about the addition of 6*s. We're not going to Rank one as fast as a 4. The point I'm trying to make is the game isn't always going to accommodate our own personal habits. The Arena is a large source. If people aren't playing it, how can they say it's a major imbalance? People who put more time in get more Gold. That's pretty much how it should be.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018

It is not out of touch. The argument that people don't have time to Grind for Gold and claim the game has a serious imbalance is the same as not having time to work and claiming the economy is broken. Plus spending habits. People don't pace Ranking. They want to take a 5* to R4 in one go and wonder why they're running out of Gold. A 5* is not A 4*, I don't care what people think about the addition of 6*s. We're not going to Rank one as fast as a 4. The point I'm trying to make is the game isn't always going to accommodate our own personal habits. The Arena is a large source. If people aren't playing it, how can they say it's a major imbalance? People who put more time in get more Gold. That's pretty much how it should be.

Oh my days. PEOPLE WHO PLAY ARENA STILL HAVE GOLD ISSUES. THE ONLY PEOPLE WITHOUT GOLD ISSUES I’VE SEEN EITHER PLAY ARENA UPWARDS OF 10 HOURS A DAY, DROP TONS OF UNITS ON IT EVERY A [Removed by Moderation] DAY OR HAVE ABOUT 3 5*.

There. Do you understand?
    Post edited by Kabam Spice on
  • Options
    No. People who have Gold either get to a point where they have everything Ranked, or they take their time and live within their means. They don't Rank to the point of going broke and blame the system. They Grind as much as they're available to do, and save a balance. They don't try to Rank their whole 5* Roster because there are 6*s in the game now. They also have more than 3 5*s.
  • Options
    No. People who have Gold either get to a point where they have everything Ranked, or they take their time and live within their means. They don't Rank to the point of going broke and blame the system. They Grind as much as they're available to do, and save a balance. They don't try to Rank their whole 5* Roster because there are 6*s in the game now. They also have more than 3 5*s.

Who are you to tell me that I try to rank my whole roster?
  • Options
    No. People who have Gold either get to a point where they have everything Ranked, or they take their time and live within their means.

You're asking people to play within their budget. Fine, but costs have significantly increased while budget's have stayed the same.

If the cost of food has gone up and keeps going up, people will eat less and less and less to the point where they starve.

This is happening to players. At the rate gold is going, players will eventually have to stop ranking up altogether and progress will slow to a crawl. Then we wouldn't have a game anymore.
  • Options
    Didn't say you specifically. The point made is that spending habits play a factor. It's simple budgeting. If people are spending for broke and not putting time and effort in to replace it and save it, there will be no Gold.
  • Options
    Didn't say you specifically. The point made is that spending habits play a factor. It's simple budgeting. If people are spending for broke and not putting time and effort in to replace it and save it, there will be no Gold.

Well you are, in essence, saying it. I fulllfil all your “criteria” to have gold.
    I take my time with ranking, I don’t rank to the point of going broke, I wait until I have the right champion to rank and rank them, I grind as much as I’m available to do (which is generally 1.5m in basic, 4m in featured 4*), I don’t rank every character and I have a lot more than 3 5*.

But when I rank the 1 5* I rank every so often, I still run out of gold. You don’t understand, because you are not in the position that so many players are in! You cannot empathise and wonder what it would be like if you had passed the stage in the game where you are.
  • Options
    This is what we used to have. A full pool that we could swim in.

design-build-indoor-outdoor-swimming-pools-rennovations_1420034.jpg

Now it's turning into this. We can't swim if we're not given water and we're not landscaping every house in the neighborhood 90 hours a week or PAYING to have water put in.
    img_4135.jpg

It's not Marvel Contest of Gold, it's Marvel Contest of Champions. We need a minium amount of things to play with or it's no longer a game.
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    I agree that its possible to have gold to rank up any champion with few hours a day spent in arena, but it shouldnt be the only option that people are given. Quests take a lot of time as well and they should award reasonable amount of gold too. Turn dem 1k per battle in act5 and uncollected quest into 10k per battle coz rn its a garbage gaming experience
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    I love these threads. Some of the best entertainment
    🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
  • Options
    Tom3579Tom3579 Posts: 51
    As of now, I have 1 6* champion at 1/25 and that took over 700k gold just for that. I also have 2 rank 4 5* champions, 1 of which is still not sitting at 4/55 because of gold.
    I have sold everything I possibly can to gain enough gold and it’s still not enough, and I can’t sell iso as it would fix one problem but create another.
    Kabam needs to realise that ranking up 5* and 6* champions needs an absurd amount of resources. While we’re still getting rewards stuck in 2015.
    I do not rank beyond my means, I rank when necessary to progress in the game.
    As you can see in the photos, my sparky isn’t at 4/55 because of gold.
    People won’t progress in the game without the proper roster. And without the gold there won’t be a proper roster to use for a long time. 8f6cztusrbct.png
    v2c6icsybkux.png
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★

No, it’s like the prices of the clothes and food you need to buy keep increasing and your pay isn’t.
  • Options
    Bahamut wrote: »

No, it’s like the prices of the clothes and food you need to buy keep increasing and your pay isn’t.

If you want to buy Gucci, you need to make more money.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hey its this thread again where people moan about not being able to rank up every champ they get for the sake of needlessly ranking them up cause they sure as hell dont run their entire rosters in arena as they proudly proclaim they can’t be bothered to spend time in arenas.
  • Options
    MoiraD wrote: »

Well you are, in essence, saying it. I fulllfil all your “criteria” to have gold.
    I take my time with ranking, I don’t rank to the point of going broke, I wait until I have the right champion to rank and rank them, I grind as much as I’m available to do (which is generally 1.5m in basic, 4m in featured 4*), I don’t rank every character and I have a lot more than 3 5*.

But when I rank the 1 5* I rank every so often, I still run out of gold. You don’t understand, because you are not in the position that so many players are in! You cannot empathise and wonder what it would be like if you had passed the stage in the game where you are.

This right here is exactly what a large group of players are doing. The strategic planning players are running out of gold.

We are asking an addictional or differerent revenue for gold. One that does not revolve around grinding arena for BCs and some gold, and hoping to get gold out of BCs.

Why is a fellow player against us asking for additional ways to work to our goals.

Gimme your hand so I can sign this to you...WE ARENT ASKING FOR FREE, JUST ADDITIONAL WAYS TO ACHIEVE OUR GOALS

I'm not against anyone asking for anything. Spamming the Forum over and over is not really helping, but they have people to take care of that. I'm pointing out the fact that it's avaibale in the game, and the argument doesn't stand when people can't or won't put time in to earn it. You need to put time in to earn Resources. It's not a problem overall because many people have Gold.
    What are the suggestions for more ways to earn it? Gold Realm? That's a shortcut, and it's half the reason the expectations are out of whack. People stockpiled mass amounts of Gold and went through it Ranking. How would you suggest they introduce more ways? What is enough? At what point does it become pertinent to look at habits? I don't care what people ask for. I'm pointing out the fact that there's more to it than a broken system. If the system was broken, no one would have Gold. That's not the case. It seems to be the same demographic asking, an abundance of Cats from AQ, an increased number of Champs from the added availability, and a lack of patience to Rank them.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

This right here is exactly what a large group of players are doing. The strategic planning players are running out of gold.

We are asking an addictional or differerent revenue for gold. One that does not revolve around grinding arena for BCs and some gold, and hoping to get gold out of BCs.

Why is a fellow player against us asking for additional ways to work to our goals.

Gimme your hand so I can sign this to you...WE ARENT ASKING FOR FREE, JUST ADDITIONAL WAYS TO ACHIEVE OUR GOALS

I'm not against anyone asking for anything. Spamming the Forum over and over is not really helping, but they have people to take care of that. I'm pointing out the fact that it's avaibale in the game, and the argument doesn't stand when people can't or won't put time in to earn it. You need to put time in to earn Resources. It's not a problem overall because many people have Gold.
    What are the suggestions for more ways to earn it? Gold Realm? That's a shortcut, and it's half the reason the expectations are out of whack. People stockpiled mass amounts of Gold and went through it Ranking. How would you suggest they introduce more ways? What is enough? At what point does it become pertinent to look at habits? I don't care what people ask for. I'm pointing out the fact that there's more to it than a broken system. If the system was broken, no one would have Gold. That's not the case. It seems to be the same demographic asking, an abundance of Cats from AQ, an increased number of Champs from the added availability, and a lack of patience to Rank them.

Different demographics have different needs in the game. Not everyone is in a gold shortage, but a growing amount of people seem be reaching that point. Maybe the answer for them is to do more arena, maybe the new game mode will become a significant source of new gold. But just because a resource is available in-game, does not mean it can’t become unbalanced over time as the game continues to evolve.
  • Options

Different demographics have different needs in the game. Not everyone is in a gold shortage, but a growing amount of people seem be reaching that point. Maybe the answer for them is to do more arena, maybe the new game mode will become a significant source of new gold. But just because a resource is available in-game, does not mean it can’t become unbalanced over time as the game continues to evolve.

I'm not saying there couldn't be small incremental changes. I'm just saying that there are sources and it's not reasonable to say there's a problem if people aren't open to making the most of them. I'm just not sure what would be sufficient change without affecting the overall balance too much, in terms of what people want and need.
  • Options

Different people are offering their opinions. It’s not spamming if everyone is weighing in with their experience. If one person had said “hmm I don’t like this 12.0 update” but then everyone else said “oh, someone else has posted I’d better not spam the subject” nothing would have happened. Sure it would be better to keep the feedback to one thread but no change comes from one person saying they dislike something.

You still aren’t addressing the fact that there are those that do everything you say they should do to have lots of gold, but still don’t. You are, rather conveniently, deciding not to comment on it because you are for some reason opposed to more gold. It would not affect you one ounce if gold increased. You may say “oh but then more people can get ahead of me in the game” but realistically that would not make a difference.

Gold realm is an option, a weekly one that replaces the free for all which doesnt do jack for anyone. It’s not a short cut, you spend energy for it which could be spent elsewhere and from this months higher energy costs + rifts we all know how valuable energy is. An arena that has milestones for gold would be the best answer. An arena specifically for gold, not one that needs hours and hours and hours to grind it. I don’t know specifically what amounts, but perhaps one that runs weekly alongside the crystal shard arenas. Milestones up to a few million points that gives a total of a half a mill maybe. 3 million points in 1 day is the same as going 9 mil for a 4* champ. That’s a lot of work, I’d say that’s worth half a mil gold.

The demographic asking for gold is those without and who have a problem, the demographic for those telling us there is no problem is those who have it in Abundance. Wait a second, this reminds me of the t4c wall when those without complained and those with weren’t allowed to tell them there was no issue. You were one of those people Gw. I guess it’s ok for you then.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

I'm not saying there couldn't be small incremental changes. I'm just saying that there are sources and it's not reasonable to say there's a problem if people aren't open to making the most of them. I'm just not sure what would be sufficient change without affecting the overall balance too much, in terms of what people want and need.

Yes incremental increases to gold would be a great first step. Whether that be applied to arena, event quests, solo/alliance events is at Kabam’s discretion. Small incremental increases to gold will go a long way to assist those players who are having gold issues.
This discussion has been closed.