**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Seriously making the game harder for the top 1% is a bad idea

Comments

• Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    so then how do you beat guilly then?

which champ is the best to user against her in master?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018

Anyone tbh. I’ve soloed the Uncollected versions of her with Vision Magik Rulk Starlord Angela Quake etc across my 2 accounts.

The trick is, don’t get hit. Parries are fine, blocks are less advisable. Getting hit straight-on, nah.

It’s interesting to see the community whine for more challenging content, but don’t want it to be THAT punishing. Seriously?

Your biggest penalty in each fight is losing your champ. How can a challenging fight not be punishing?
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★

Hyperion did the most damage IMO

You have to work on all parts of your fighting style. Nameless Guilly requires heavy intercepting and baiting her heavy attack.

For me Guilly’s reach with that longassedSword makes evading and intercepting her difficult.

Players with God Tier 5* champs have it a bit easier because of the attack power and higher health, but she’s beatable.
    guess hypey it is. thank god i have a 5* r3 of him on my questing team. wish me luck cause guilly whooped me on my last try and im so close to beating master.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The Uncollected lines were stupid easy. I could probably clear all 13 lines in Chapter 3 back to back without a single item. The bosses are a pain. I can get to her with essentially full health and still need 2-3 team revives.

The difficulty is too focused on the bosses and should instead be better spread across the rest of the map. The push in the game lately is to see how creative they can get with boss buffs to see how tricky they can get. Such as giving Hype buffs like Strike Back and Power Shield.

Honestly, Kabam could have just setup the maps so they're 70 health per node and have a single move to the boss and have the same effect.

That's the problem with the whole game. Easy paths, super boss, that's all.
    well i finally beat master with all 5* r3 medusa, gr, rogue, cw and hype.

but that guilly boss fight is ridiculous even with being able to stun her (took down hype on my run).

cant imagine the other fights when stun immune is up on her. guess i wont be able to fully explore the last chapter of this months eq.

what a shame cause of this nasty buffed guilly lol
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    I think what most people want is consistency from month to month.

• MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    Master mode is not 1% difficulty. Many exploit most of the map in auto mode. Guilly could be a bit tricky but fighting her is not harder than fighting Jugg on debuff immune node in AW.

Master mode is actually easier now than 4 months ago since they introduced uncollected mode. When Iceman first came out, I couldn’t even finish master mode with 4/40 teams even with tons of revive.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    All I know is event quests shouldn't be heavily geared towards "skill". I feel it should be based on how far you've progressed based on champ rarity and rank because high rarity and rank means increased attack and health and survivability in difficult fights.
    Skill should be involved but not too intensively. I feel you OP but just keep trying
    (I explored uncollected guillotine and she's not as easy as most claim she is)
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    Well the difficulty is i feel how it shud be.. hard but not impossible.

All champs thats new or some nodes that hard.. players will complain..
    Modok (was a bug) but still doable with bunch of champs
    Void (needed right timing)
    Icephoe (bugged at start but fixed) huge unanvoidable dmg but still kill her.
    Boss Rush Magneto - bane, stun immune and so..

All above champs can either suck ass but still able to be oneshooted, with the right strategi, skill. The right champs make the fight less hard.

Other to mention that suck ass to fight if u dont play right cud be champs like
    Magik
    Morningstar
    Dormanmu

All those players when they was in AQ,AW event was hard at first u learn, adabt and keep going.
    Now Magik is Super easy... (this is just an example).

I like Kabam comes with new idea, test something out or new nodes.. instead of the same nodes over and over..

My problem is the Energy cost this time.. feel like i keep moving and moving but dont get anywhere.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    danielmath wrote: »
    It's a joke this month, easiest one by far

Nice shout out to the vague game show that used to run on Mad TV.

Paths are easier this month, only a few levels have Act 5 node paths. Bosses are a lot harder this month. Proxima Midnigh’s specials are easy to evade with practice, but the Guillotine fight was the hardest event quest boss in some time. Intercepting is beyond broken and instead of fixing it Kabam makes a new node that shatters block proficiency. That’s what the dictionary refers to as “ironic”.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    @Fanoin

What teams did you bring with you for Master difficulty? Do you tend to parry a lot, or is your style evade/intercept? Other than the bosses, did you have trouble with anyone along the paths? I ran UC and Heroic first (probably used 4-5 revives total on UC, and all but 2 were on my first stun immune Guilly run), but I'm not finding Master to be bad at all. Happy to offer advice if you want it...

There was a time when the forums were a place where people went to share information on things like running arena streaks, synergies, masteries and the like. There's a lot of posturing in this thread, and some of that may be justified, but there's frankly not a lot of advice. If the OP would like some (and by advice I don't mean "get good"), I'm confident I'm not the only one in this thread who would be willing to offer it.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

One piece of advice is this: the nodes themselves give you a way to beat her. Her aggressive node makes her easier to intercept with a simple light tap attack. She's constantly charging you, and even her unstoppable can be interrupted by an intercept. Find a Guilly to duel and don't block or parry--just practice intercepting her attacks. And if you get KO'd, don't heal up--just use a L1 revive. If you get hit again, odds are pretty good you won't survive, so heal pots are a waste.

One other piece of advice for playing stun immune: focus on pushing back onto their side of the 50-yard line (to use an American football phrase). You can hit their block when they don't have a special or aren't unstoppable to push them back to their side of the screen. If you run the whole fight backed up on your side of the 50-yard line, you won't last long. Also gives you more room to evade when Guilly goes unstoppable and allow the timer to run out.

Dr. Zola
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    My main gripe is how master event quest difficulty does not remain relatively constant from month to month. Last month I fully explored master with some difficulty but 0 item usage. This month (haven't fully explored yet) it definitely feels like I am going to have to use items. I don't understand why difficulty has to fluctuate so much in one mode from month to month.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    My primary issue is the unreliability of most styles of intercept (for me, at least), so I stick to the basic ones where the AI dashes back, and then almost immediately dashes forward. It can take some time for them to do it, but those are pretty safe ones to do. And also her Unstoppable did not always go away on a successful intercept, so watch for that. If you have LC, you can get her to 4 Exhaustions and an L2, to kill her ability accuracy; that should prevent her from going Unstoppable. Magneto also has that chance, as does Blade+GR.
    Alternatively, Power Lock her. No specials, no Unstoppable, just need to bait heavies, then intercept once she goes Unblockable. Always push her back when she is -solidly- blocking. She will stand back with her guard down, don't go in, she's baiting you.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Fanoin wrote: »
    I will say this.anyone who claims last two chapters master or even uncoll3cted went too bad is a liar both bosses will kill you in two hits the ai will get it's two hits. And if by some miracle you don't take any hits the block damage will kill you in 6 hits. So go ahead bash me flex.your e muscles and say just how good you are. But quite frankly master should not be geared to maxed out 5* or r1 6* to complete. If you guys are happy with the way the game is now and how kabaam treats it's player base fine. But I for one do not like the bull they have been pulling this year.

I used 4 star 5/50's to clear Master Mode.

I remember back when I didn't have a deep of a roster and was unable to beat master mode ... instead of complaining on forums I focused on progression. Now it's easy peasy.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    To be honest I didn't have a problem with Corvallis at all (Not in master or uncollected) first fight I had with him (in uncollected) I used SS (4* r3) to get a look at his sp1 and sp2 without needing to manually evade and they was easy to avoid with any champ.. after that it was solo everytime with 4* r5 DV..
    Guillotine ahh she was a pain in the...... in uncollected.. But after the initial shock she was very beatable you just have to fight her the same way you'd fight an AW boss shield attack her then hold block (9 out of 10 times she'll go straight to charging a heavy attack giving you an opening) also hit her when she charges at you and that wipes out unstoppable.. I used kingpin his sp1 stopped her going unstoppable a number of times plus when she went unblockable his sp1 made it possible to block a few attacks.. (I wouldn't advise relying on it as it doesn't work everytime) all in all it was a good challenge..
    I didn't have a problem with master Guillotine (but I used an R4 5* Storm everytime to get it finished quickly)
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Every month people come here and complain about the final boss of EQ. This month is no different than any other month.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Well, I don't usually say much about EQ. Guillie is a pain. Lol.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    @ OP, that's how games work.... you make it so the top tier is a small percentage and everyone strives to reach them...
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    5.3.6. there has been quite a few times before and after it as well.

tuyjb3lb0lel.png

This isn't the node in question, it was the one with the King Groot boss where your health and his would swap back and forth. That node is new to the game but it was a fun challenge to manage I think. As for the Quest itself, nothing was hard but Guill, the Uncollected one got way to many kills on me than I'd like to admit but that's about it. This month wasn't to hard compared to MODOK and Void's boss months.
  • Hey there, Summoners!

We completely get where you are coming from. Rewards are an important motivator to completing harder content. If the rewards don't match the difficulty, it feels like a wasted effort. We want to make sure the game feels rewarding for the time and effort everyone places into the game. Please understand we are constantly reading through these threads to get a general idea of how you all feel.

With that said, make sure the conversation stays constructive. Calling out others for just flat out complaining isn't warranted. Good things come with criticism that is constructive and well thought out; anything outside of that deters from the conversation.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Here's a tip. Energy Refills cost less than Pots and Revs. If you keep making passes until you down it without using Resources, it's good practice, and you'll finish it eventually.

While this advice is generally pretty good, it's not this month because you can't get back to the boss with a single refill.

The shortest path in 3.2 is 78 energy. A refill will get you close, but you'll have to wait if you want to fight the boss right away. It's especially bad advice on the longer lines, if you're going for 100% completion.

It also takes a lot more time to back out and start from the beginning, so you can kiss any boosts you might've used goodbye as well.

I suppose it all depends on how much you would be spending on Resources to take them down. It's always possible to practice with Energy that fills naturally. It's up to people what strategy they choose. I just think practice is useful. Same with any challenging content. I find after the first couple successful passes or so, it gets much easier.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    4/40 SW actually nearly took half of Guilly in Master and then HULK/LC (5/50) mopped up UC Guilly.

Of corse the rest of my team which hovered around 5/50, 2/35 and 3/45 all chipped in UC as anything short of Hyperion path WAS indeed madness and a few times even playing perfect I “timed out” with LC and SL in both difficulties.

When it doubt, rev up & hulk out (my entire strategy for Collector and UC nameless Guilly)
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Hey there, Summoners!

We completely get where you are coming from. Rewards are an important motivator to completing harder content. If the rewards don't match the difficulty, it feels like a wasted effort. We want to make sure the game feels rewarding for the time and effort everyone places into the game. Please understand we are constantly reading through these threads to get a general idea of how you all feel.

With that said, make sure the conversation stays constructive. Calling out others for just flat out complaining isn't warranted. Good things come with criticism that is constructive and well thought out; anything outside of that deters from the conversation.

@kabam rimehaven Agree with everything you said, I think many players wouldn’t be frustrated if game mechanics like intercepting were reliable in all game modes. Any chance forum moderators will comment on video evidence of intercepting issues provided by the community?
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    I completed my first master MQ last month, and that wasn't too bad for me (just had to learn Sabre's and Bishop's moves) but I agree, I'm basically giving up to 100% complete (only 3.1-.2 need to be done) because it's f'ing asinine that Corvus Glaive get's 6k light hits if I make one silly mistake, or this BS sliding heavy attack sh!t that WE can't even do as well. This month's is an absolute cash grab, but I'm not paying for revives for this ****.