**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will we get compensation?

Recently, between the sentinel's and the gold issue and the whole plethora of bugs, I think the players should get compensation similiar to the one that happened when 12.0 came out. The game has gotten almost unplayable for me and my friends and I hope we get something. Thanks.

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I’m with wisdom here, just because a few of you rank up daily doesn’t mean there is a gold issue.
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    Um there isn't a massive gold issue. That's bull. I have 2 mil plus at all times and I rarely do arenas only when I feel like it. I simply don't rank up people I don't want to use. And a ton of people saying there is no problem and a few saying that there is is how the situation actually looks.
  • rwanders1978rwanders1978 Posts: 104
    if you think only a few are saying gold is an issue you must not read all the threads that open daily

Limiting so many resources makes this game a chore and not fun like it’s supposed to be. If the name of the game is to hoard your resources and keep your champs at rank1 you must be playing it well
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I'm against grounded here. When alliances lose members mid aq because of kabams inability to guage difficulty and the after effects of a change that was protested from day one with the comments since deleted by mods regarding no increase in difficulty, something needs to be done to rectify things and offer an olive branch.

The way they handled this was abhotrent.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    If people are quitting over a change in drones in AQ, that leads me to think of a few possibilities.

1. They were probably taking it too seriously to begin with.
    2. They probably already got to the point that they wanted to quit.
    3. If they were that bothered by the increased difficulty, they would have left regardless of the Rewards.
    4. Some probably never actually quit at all.
    5. The change was exaggerated.

Some of those could be possible. In any case, 12.0 was not the same. We just hear it brought up anytime people don't like a change.
    If people are quitting over a change in drones in AQ, that leads me to think of a few possibilities.

3. If they were that bothered by the increased difficulty, they would have left regardless of the Rewards.

Some of those could be possible. In any case, 12.0 was not the same. We just hear it brought up anytime people don't like a change.

6. This was just the final straw that broke the camels back
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    if you think only a few are saying gold is an issue you must not read all the threads that open daily

Limiting so many resources makes this game a chore and not fun like it’s supposed to be. If the name of the game is to hoard your resources and keep your champs at rank1 you must be playing it well

Ok I have 60+ 4* and most of them are 3/30 or higher. I have 9 5* and all of them are 2/35. I do not keep my champs at rank 1. I simply don't take the ones I won't ever use past 4/40 because it cost too much. And ask pretty much anyone I'm on forums ALL the time. What I have seen is about 25 people complaining about gold repeatedly and not a "ton" of people complaining. I play 2-3 hours a day and still quite enjoy this game. As I said earlier, I don't grind arenas except when I feel like it. I am just smart about who I rank up. The only regret I have is taking Electro to 5/50.

If they were at that point, nothing would had stopped them. The game won't stay the same forever.

If they were at that point, nothing would had stopped them. The game won't stay the same forever.

You say that as if the game was improved by this change. If this was the case why have they altered AQ again?
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Don't forget about ...
    - the significant and unannounced energy increase in the monthly quest, which forces us to buy energy refills, not to mention that they never even provided an energy deal until today;
    - the unannounced extra node in map 5;
    - the failure to provide a timeline for AQ rewards when they have been looooong overdue;
    - the failure to refresh any of the rewards (solo and alliance events, etc.);
    - and the utter disappointment that the chaos rifts has become, which is worsened by the fact that they significantly increased the energy requirement for the monthly (see above).

And the "plethora of bugs" that reappear at almost every update should not be underestimated.

Perhaps more controversial, the mass exodus of countless players retiring because of the poorly planned AW seasons/rewards. Don't get me wrong, I love seasons and the competitiveness that it has brought out. But the gap between the rewards are quite significant. This is magnified by the fact that all other rewards are so outdated (see above), so many alliances are placing all focus and pressure on AW. This has led many players to retire. The other issue is that the season was too long. I get that it's only the first season, so hoping that the subsequent seasons fix the imbalanced rewards and the length of season.

All of the above are merely symptoms to the root of the problem. No transparency, inadequate communication, and failure to understand--or act upon--the needs of its clients.

You say that as if the game was improved by this change. If this was the case why have they altered AQ again?

They're altering it to reflect what they originally wanted. I wasn't bothere by it either way.

They're altering it to reflect what they originally wanted. I wasn't bothere by it either way.

They’re altering it after multiple complaints. I also was not bothered by the change but fighting a sentinel on day 5 with 9190 prestige was not pleasant, not fun and certainly not worth the same rewards as before

They’re altering it after multiple complaints. I also was not bothered by the change but fighting a sentinel on day 5 with 9190 prestige was not pleasant, not fun and certainly not worth the same rewards as before

Actually they were clear about the fact that they didn't intend for it to be that much more difficult. They listened to the feedback, yes. They also examined the data. That's one of the reasons people are making the comparison to 12.0, they see the revision as the result of people speaking up. The reality is it was in part, but not directly. It wasn't their goal.
    With 12.0, they realized they made a big and costly mistake. If you checked with google play or the app store the reps there would tell you they had been flooded with complaints from players directed at kabam and there was direct pressure from those sources to motivate kabam to change it's course.

The recent issue with aq which felt like a beta test for a future iteration should have addressed issues players and alliances had by at least resetting rewards back to the last aq before the change was made like they have done before when things went wrong and then starting fresh with their revised version that is "supposedly" more in line with the previous difficult making the same rewards acceptable but still needing a complete overhaul and new season.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Compensation? Scheduled maintenance is our compensation. I hope there’s emergency maintenance before the scheduled maintenance like last time.
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    With 12.0, they realized they made a big and costly mistake. If you checked with google play or the app store the reps there would tell you they had been flooded with complaints from players directed at kabam and there was direct pressure from those sources to motivate kabam to change it's course.

The recent issue with aq which felt like a beta test for a future iteration should have addressed issues players and alliances had by at least resetting rewards back to the last aq before the change was made like they have done before when things went wrong and then starting fresh with their revised version that is "supposedly" more in line with the previous difficult making the same rewards acceptable but still needing a complete overhaul and new season.

Not sure what you mean by resetting Rewards, but they have given Rewards for what people made the previous week in the past. This was due to lost time. For all intents and purposes, people fought and earned what they put in, albeit at the unintended level of difficulty. No time was lost. They waived the cost for the next Round, however.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    There is a massive gold issue. Just because the same few people say there isn’t doesn’t make his statement any less true

9.4 mil in gold. What issue. Lol
  • I think "compensation" gets thrown around too often, especially when it might not be a proper response. The 12.0 update was a massive nerf affecting nearly all of the champs we developed our play style around. The appropriate "compensation" was rank down tickets and minor adjustments to the nerfs so that they weren't so intense.

The sentinel AQ update affects one specific aspect of the game. While they rendered certain champs less effective, most of us should have the roster to find some other answer to the sentinel. Either that or adjust your path. I agree it makes AQ a bit harder and there should be an increase in rewards a bit, but at least Kabam rolled back some of the intensity.

The constant mishits (doing a MM or heavy when trying to do a full 5 hit combo) and insane AI recovery are what needs to be addressed ASAP.

Vossler77 wrote: »
    There is a massive gold issue. Just because the same few people say there isn’t doesn’t make his statement any less true

9.4 mil in gold. What issue. Lol

Good for you Vossler77. Now please do share how you have managed to hoard so much gold

What level in the game are you at?
    How many 6/5/4*s do you have and at what rank?
    How much time do you spend in arena etc?

Maybe if the people with large gold shared the knowledge on how to obtain it the perceived issue may go away
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    I'm against grounded here. When alliances lose members mid aq because of kabams inability to guage difficulty and the after effects of a change that was protested from day one with the comments since deleted by mods regarding no increase in difficulty, something needs to be done to rectify things and offer an olive branch.

Maybe those alliance members suck at fighting sentinels and didnt take the time to figure them out and now see it as wat to beg for something they should have put more thought into?
    Don't forget about ...
    - the significant and unannounced energy increase in the monthly quest, which forces us to buy energy refills, not to mention that they never even provided an energy deal until today;
    - the unannounced extra node in map 5;
    - the failure to provide a timeline for AQ rewards when they have been looooong overdue;
    - the failure to refresh any of the rewards (solo and alliance events, etc.);
    - and the utter disappointment that the chaos rifts has become, which is worsened by the fact that they significantly increased the energy requirement for the monthly (see above).

And the "plethora of bugs" that reappear at almost every update should not be underestimated.

Perhaps more controversial, the mass exodus of countless players retiring because of the poorly planned AW seasons/rewards. Don't get me wrong, I love seasons and the competitiveness that it has brought out. But the gap between the rewards are quite significant. This is magnified by the fact that all other rewards are so outdated (see above), so many alliances are placing all focus and pressure on AW. This has led many players to retire. The other issue is that the season was too long. I get that it's only the first season, so hoping that the subsequent seasons fix the imbalanced rewards and the length of season.

All of the above are merely symptoms to the root of the problem. No transparency, inadequate communication, and failure to understand--or act upon--the needs of its clients.

-they have every right to make it as long as they want.
    -they admited it was a mistake. Besides, its extra points to go towards milestones. Didnt matter at all one bit.
    -do you want a bug free game or newer content? Plus its their timeline, not ours.
    -Nothing notable has changed. Why better rewards? What would you offer to make the events equal to better rewards?
    -chaos rifts are fine. Great rewards for little effort.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    we should get compensation as a way of an olive branch for the bugs that havent been fixed for MONTHS, cm sp2 STILL not working and for the AQ change fail. i think thats fair for kabam to give out to us to still sticking around
    we should get compensation as a way of an olive branch for the bugs that havent been fixed for MONTHS, cm sp2 STILL not working and for the AQ change fail. i think thats fair for kabam to give out to us to still sticking around

Its a moblie game. There isnt a single MMO style game that exisists that doesnt have some on going issues. Bugs and issues are what we sign up for when chosing to play. It will never be pefect. Some issues are easy fixes and some require lots of testing and research to fix. We all dont play on the same devices.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Maybe those alliance members suck at fighting sentinels and didnt take the time to figure them out and now see it as wat to beg for something they should have put more thought into?

Maybe the just called a spade a spade and recognized what kabam finally acknowledged; they misjudged the impact of the change. It it wasn't an issue then why did they make adjustments ? If adjustments were made then why wasn't something done as a good will measure considering they felt strongly enough to make the adjustment.

The forum mods are on record first saying we wouldn't see an increase in difficulty which was then changed to a blanket statement confirming that indeed the difficulty was significant enough to need a correction.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Maybe the just called a spade a spade and recognized what kabam finally acknowledged; they misjudged the impact of the change. It it wasn't an issue then why did they make adjustments ? If adjustments were made then why wasn't something done as a good will measure considering they felt strongly enough to make the adjustment.

The forum mods are on record first saying we wouldn't see an increase in difficulty which was then changed to a blanket statement confirming that indeed the difficulty was significant enough to need a correction.

Some people found it harder that anticipated.
    Some people found it to challenging but not much different in difficultly.
    Some people didnt care at all.
    They made thier choice and tuned them down but didnt take them out. I would have done the same to put the whining and crying to bed.
    In reality, there were many champs that could handle the sentinels without isssue. So many people were so used to symboids that they went in mashing buttons instead of putting some thought into them. Didnt hear much complaining about them when they were only in EQ.
    Sometimes its not about mashing buttons tilm the opponent is dead, sometimes you have to have a strategy before fighting.
This discussion has been closed.