**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best answer to debuffs immune Hyperion?

Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
What's the best champ to use against him?

I tried Magic, he just blocks until sp3 then rinses me
I tried Dorm, he blocks to sp3 then rinses me
I tried IceMan, he used sp3 a second time before my ice armor was back, rinsed me
I tried Quake, useless
I tried AA, Dennis immune so useless
I tried Red Hulk, once he gets to sp3 I'm rinsed
Medusa rinsed
Stark Spidey, rinsed

Any tips/suggestions?

Trying not to have to use my entire team and a revive or 2 to get through him...

Comments

• Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    PS. All champs are 4* 4/40.
    Iceman & AA are duped
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Duped gwenpool can withstand those L3s

Magik should be able to take him down. SS can power drain every 30 seconds and then should be able to draw out specials.
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Duped gwenpool can withstand those L3s

Unfortunately my gwenpool is not duped...
    icey should be able to take care of him. save your s3 so that when he breaks your ice armour or uses his s3 then you can launch your s3 right after and get your s3

I may have to try this tactic. Good call
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    ...can launch your s3 after to get your ice armour back* i meant to say lol

but yeah @Icecold2099 try that and remember to build up frostbite charges too to chip health off him while youre at it too.

your s3 will save you if he breaks your armour so bait his specials if you can

good luck
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Scarlet Witch.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    If you have The Hood, he's useful, as long as you land crits on hyperion, hood will constantly stagger his power gain, and then you just have to bait his special 1 and 2.
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Iceman - save til sp3 and if he doesn't bait well just tank his sp3 and launch your straight after. Dormammu - Use MLM Combo to try keep his power down and try bait til your launch your sp2 to burn his power.
    Spidey - Try evade a bit and build up poise so you can launch your taunts. Leave yourself open and his specials will launch fairly easily.
    Magik - Bait specials until you get to your sp2 and then you basically just need to rinse and repeat that.
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    keep spamming Punisher 2099's special 1.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Scarlet Witch is always my go-to for Hype (debuff immune or not). Her nullify and power steal are monumental in walking through that fight, and she is one of the easiest champs to intercept with.

The Uncollected version of this fight was a very unique set of node buffs (not debuff immune):
    *Strike Back: Gain 1 bar of power when you use a Special
    *Power Shield: Only takes damage from special attacks

He was especially tricky to beat, but ultimately you spend a lot of the fight baiting specials.

Used Switch for the Master version, then Blade for the Uncollected version.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Iceman - save til sp3 and if he doesn't bait well just tank his sp3 and launch your straight after. Dormammu - Use MLM Combo to try keep his power down and try bait til your launch your sp2 to burn his power.
    Spidey - Try evade a bit and build up poise so you can launch your taunts. Leave yourself open and his specials will launch fairly easily.
    Magik - Bait specials until you get to your sp2 and then you basically just need to rinse and repeat that.

Spidey and Magik don't work because Taunts and power lock are debuffs and this version of Hype is immune. Same with Hood's Stagger.

Against immune champs, your only hope is to nullify and bait.
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    Use dormammu and power drain with his medium
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Couple options actually. SW Gwen pool, maybe winter soldier duped. This guy is tough for master mode.
    Dorm works also.

You want to bait and nulify. That's about it
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    SW - 1 chick ,many answers
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    Hawkeye
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Hawkeye

He doesn't work because he's debuff immune
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    SW nullifies, Voodoo on even combos (it's dicey), Hood staggers, Loki steals, Magik did oK for me. Even with class Stark should do great because you can force him to use his specials and slide a heavy in here and there off of his heavies to power drain
  • Son_of_OdinSon_of_Odin Posts: 50
    Vision AOU duped, if you have one...have to gain 1 bar of power initially before hyp reaches L3. Once you start using sp1, he starts to use his sp 1 and 2 more often. That gives you the opportunity to build to sp2, and gives you an upper hand controlling his power gain.

Its a long fight, but doable.
  • GalahhGalahh Posts: 32
    The hood, he can stagger it
  • GalahhGalahh Posts: 32
    When I say it I mean his power gain
  • EddiefilEddiefil Posts: 11
    I used doc oc recently in master event quest for hyperion and I was surprised at how much he can withstand from hyperion, mine is only a 4* R4 and from the master hyperion in chapter 2 he only took ~20% damage damage from an SP3 hyperion, for the end hyperion in the last chapter (mini-boss) its about ~35% I believe. I would defintely try him out.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Eddiefil wrote: »
    I used doc oc recently in master event quest for hyperion and I was surprised at how much he can withstand from hyperion, mine is only a 4* R4 and from the master hyperion in chapter 2 he only took ~20% damage damage from an SP3 hyperion, for the end hyperion in the last chapter (mini-boss) its about ~35% I believe. I would defintely try him out.

Agree. My duped 4* 3/30 doc oc took out about half the life of uncollected hyperion for me. Just got to keep baiting those SP1s though.
    Interesting. I never would have thought of Doc oc
  • AcuTarAAcuTarA Posts: 139
    I killed him my second time starting with Magik, but only the power drain works, his power gain remained intact. So I left him at 75%. Then was Dormammu's turn. Those combos ending in medium attacks gave me space to breathe and his sp2 didint work so ****, he's dead. Then it was hyperion VS hyperion. I took some HP but I was killed fast. Last turn was Iceman's. Did a little damage, got hit by Hyperion sp3 and seconds seconds later activated my sp3, shield regenerated. Bait bait, Hyperions PowerBar full and he simply broke my armor and THEN did his sp3. 10% HP, all my champions KO. So revived iceman and killed the ugly and crazy cartoon
  • AcuTarAAcuTarA Posts: 139
    I have a couple of questions. Hyperion has this
    bqxx919cm3ha.png
    So if you hit hyperion with an especial that power drains 1 bar, what happens? And even wierder, with this Magik skill:
    4xk0245097o2.png

Just finished my third fight with this boss, and when I got him with my Magik's sp2 his power went straight to 3 complete bars, even though mi special should powerlock, power steal and be exempt from generating power in the opponent. I'm just baiting s1 and s2 dealing normal attacks, it seems thats the safest way.