**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

New Challenge 15 Hits Bug

4:34PM
So, this 15 hits thing already has a bug. Why isn't sp3's included in the counter? What a gyp! If this is supposed to be designed this way, why didn't the node inform us that "sp3's don't count towards a 15 hit count" @Kabam Miike

n4e0ovk0x4cb.png
fwzby6c92lhb.png

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    They count. Mine do anyway.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Sp3s have always counted "as a single source",So,Your cyclops 25 hits sp3 does nothing when you start it below 15 hits on the combo meter
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Ah. I thought you meant counting up. I used my AA to get to the 15. By the time they're Stunned, I'm good to go.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★

As you can see from my picture, mine didn't
    Sp3s have always counted "as a single source",So,Your cyclops 25 hits sp3 does nothing when you start it below 15 hits on the combo meter

Where is this mentioned? That's dumb if so, and how are newer players to know that when it's not really mentioned anywhere?
    IronFist34 wrote: »

As you can see from my picture, mine didn't

Where is this mentioned? That's dumb if so, and how are newer players to know that when it's not really mentioned anywhere?

You can test it in RTTL chapter 3,When firing an sp3,it only takes 1% health off an easy enemy,While multi hit sp1 and 2s hit for % equivalent to hits.

It counts as "a single source" Probably because,it's unblockable,unevadeable,and you leave the normal fight conditions firing it,clearly seen when buffs or debuffs on you dissappear when using sp3 and reappear with the same timer after
    Not saying,"Happy with it"(Trust me,I'm the farthest you can get from that)
    I'm saying,"Probably working as intended"
    edited April 2018
    Not saying,"Happy with it"(Trust me,I'm the farthest you can get from that)
    I'm saying,"Probably working as intended"

I have completed chapter 3 on RTTL, but my memory is horrible lol I guess it's just frustrating when the "working as intended" isn't fully clear. A simple reminder note like "Note: Special 3's aren't included in your combo meter" would have sufficed. I wouldn't have used it then, and just used my L2 instead lol
  • Arch_Stanton19Arch_Stanton19 Posts: 30
    Massively frustrating. My hit meter with Ultrons special 3 was in the 30's but didn't land a point of damage. I could grit my teeth and grind my way through one of these guys but a whole row? End stars for my ultron fight 155 hits 0 damage.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It happened to me with Scarlet Witch. Her SP3 is 10 hits which took me over the threshold. You won't get damage from those hits but you will get credit for the hit counter. Next hit will do damage.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    You're better off saving SP3s for after you get your combo established.

Better yet, use a multi-hit SP1 or Sp2 to build the streak.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    You're better off saving SP3s for after you get your combo established.

Better yet, use a multi-hit SP1 or Sp2 to build the streak.

I would have saved it had a I known (hint why I posted this). I would have just used my L2 instead
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    When Ant Man does his glancing thing the hit doesn't count toward these sort of counters either. Nodes like this, but also sig abilities from SL and GP, need a different counter to show accurately what's going on.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    It's the same as iceman only taking 5% damage from multihit L3 and Magneto's sig. L3 is considered a single source, other specials are different since you can evade or block parts.
  • Al2QAl2Q Posts: 66
    @IronFist34 Well hope U get the point of L3's now... It has been highlighted many times that it counts as a single hit. Most importantly when they introduced Alliance War boosts "invulnerability boost" which can withstand 3 hits from the opponents and not do any damage to your champ, that time it was made clear that a L3 is counted as only 1 hit.... that's why its such a useful boost! :smile:
  • Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40
    Does anyone agree black Panther with the prove yourself node is not user friendly at all, im having a lot of trouble with the higher level paths but even the easiest path which i doubled in rating was beating me(mostly with the usual kabam methods of glitch and get hit)
  • Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40
    0on1c3l6p27c.png
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    The 15 hit counter pretty much stops quake being viable in the way everyone plays her.

Anyone with multi hit heavies and/or multi hit specials is gold for this horrible node.
  • VancexClaRiiVancexClaRii Posts: 178
    You'll need to have 15 combo before SP3 in order to work. You can't remove buffs/debuffs during the duration of Sp3 animation.

I'm not good w/ intercepts but I think that's the purpose of this node; to practice your intercept skills.

~ respect ~
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It’s 15 hits... don’t you do that in your sleep, arena, aq, everywhere? I get the game is buggy, but if you can’t keep a streak over 15 then high end content is going to hurt...
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    So, this 15 hits thing already has a bug. Why isn't sp3's included in the counter? What a gyp! If this is supposed to be designed this way, why didn't the node inform us that "sp3's don't count towards a 15 hit count" @Kabam Miike

n4e0ovk0x4cb.png
    fwzby6c92lhb.png

What is your question, if you have reached 15 hits and then you use any special, including special 3 , you can see the damage. But if you are at 14 hits on combo meter and you use special 3 , the combo meter will add the value points of special 3 attacks but you won’t see the damage. But I use special 3 to cover my combo fast and cross 15 hits , if you get hit .... the combo meter reset to zero.
    Xthea9 wrote: »

n4e0ovk0x4cb.png
    fwzby6c92lhb.png

What is your question, if you have reached 15 hits and then you use any special, including special 3 , you can see the damage. But if you are at 14 hits on combo meter and you use special 3 , the combo meter will add the value points of special 3 attacks but you won’t see the damage. But I use special 3 to cover my combo fast and cross 15 hits , if you get hit .... the combo meter reset to zero.

The “22 hits” that you see in the screen isn’t the same as the combo meter. A special 3 counts as 1 hit towards the combo meter, but as multiple hits towards the “... hits” you see on the screen. It’s a bit confusing, but you can’t use the S3 to prove yourself faster.
    JRock808 wrote: »
    It’s 15 hits... don’t you do that in your sleep, arena, aq, everywhere? I get the game is buggy, but if you can’t keep a streak over 15 then high end content is going to hurt...

That's not the argument here..try to pay attention
    Al2Q wrote: »
    @IronFist34 Well hope U get the point of L3's now... It has been highlighted many times that it counts as a single hit. Most importantly when they introduced Alliance War boosts "invulnerability boost" which can withstand 3 hits from the opponents and not do any damage to your champ, that time it was made clear that a L3 is counted as only 1 hit.... that's why its such a useful boost! :smile:

Well yeah I have gotten this now thanks to this thread, but it's not mentioned anywhere in the game (which it should) is my point.

Well yeah I have gotten this now thanks to this thread, but it's not mentioned anywhere in the game (which it should) is my point.

There is a lot of stuff that should be visible ingame. Like prestige or how the sig from Gamora and Hawkeye only proc once.
    Gwendoline wrote: »

There is a lot of stuff that should be visible ingame. Like prestige or how the sig from Gamora and Hawkeye only proc once.

It does say "this only occurs once per fight" for both of them, so might wanna re-check that.
    Gwendoline wrote: »

It does say "this only occurs once per fight" for both of them, so might wanna re-check that.

Awesome! That’s new though, back on the old forums lots of people complained about their sig and lack of proper discription, so that they added that probably happened a long while ago. But that’s great. Let’s hope they add other stuff too.