**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Was nerfing sw and strange a joke??????

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Not every top alliance has blades everywhere. My alliance is usually top 100. I don’t have a blade and I rarely give up a death on path 6. He’s not a counter to everything. You don’t have to have him. He’s not nearly as broken as sw and Thor were. I don’t think you remember pre 12.0 very well. I did plenty of content meant for 4* 5/50 champs with a 3* sw
  • UKnowULuvItUKnowULuvIt Posts: 83
    I agree with the OP because I specifically recall Kabam stating that they didn’t want the game to be about everybody only using the same three champs. And now here we are with a new Holy Trinity lol. I dont care either way, I just find it ironic.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    I agree with the OP because I specifically recall Kabam stating that they didn’t want the game to be about everybody only using the same three champs. And now here we are with a new Holy Trinity lol. I dont care either way, I just find it ironic.

Probably why the also buffed some recent champs. There's wayyyy more God tier being constantly used than just the HT. OP is just whining about something. Not being lied to, not everyone has Blade.

Maybe I should start crying about the same AWD champs now!
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    You said this, @EvilAsh
    “Kabam claimed when nerfing SW and strange that the reason was to have players not continuously only ranking specific champs.”
    The original post was on the old forum so it’s not possible to search for it however
    I found these in a Brian Grant video where he was reacting to 12.0, he scrolled through the forum in the video, but quite fast so excuse the poor quality it’s a bit blurry.

t25b8frnqwlt.jpeg
    This one is from the main post. You can’t see anywhere that they say too many people ranked them up.
    e6vnxiy3shef.jpeg
    This one is from the Q and A, again they focus on the fact that you don’t need certain champs to beat content.

https://youtu.be/Ub4qmPnFCck

Here is the link, if you would like to scroll through the video, or any of youtube at all, and find where they said that they wanted people to stop ranking the same character be my guest. Until then, I’m afraid it looks like you’re wrong.

53S4VJs.gif
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    What happened was a situation that practically no Dev looking at longevity wants to encounter. They lost control of how challenging future content could be. When you look at the two basic attributes, Health and Attack, those Champs could literally bypass any content through their Abilities and Synergies. SW, nuff said. Thor was a Damage beast, BW could disable 100% Accuracy (something that would make the current Roster pretty much insignificant) as well as Crit exponentially, DS just had to spam life from his Power Gain which was guaranteed to cycle (as much as people believe he wasn't OP). There may be tough Champs now, but their Abilities are specific and acute, and they have counters. None have the same caliber, none will. The other fail safe is the DR system. Those Champs were reaching exponential capabilities that couldn't be challenged. They literally couldn't create more content that posed a challenge. Understanding this, you can see why the changes came, and why Champs aren't the same. You can also understand why they're cautious to make certain Champs available at higher Rarities because to do that, you would need to increase their potency in some capacity.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Im not so much against it... The Holy Trinity team is strictly offense..opposed to Dr and SW perfect block team...theres still a good chance The Holy Trinity can be K.O..the Perfect block team would swallow everyone up because no one would take damage. So i can understand the reason behind this post but its still for the best of the game they nerfed the perfect block
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    It's hard to argue for diversity in the current state of the game when most people can only rank 1 five star to rank 5. As Blade combines prestige and usefulness, lots of people have ranked him to r5 as a five star.

Most are going to bring their rank 5 five stars on attack in war.

It's going to be a while until people have a number of max 5 stars where we can start seeing some diversity again. It's not all the fault of Blade being one of the top champs.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Well we all make mistakes we are only human including Kabam, live and learn
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    The reason wasn’t that everyone was ranking the same people, it was that new content had to be made so it was difficult for the god tier champions but that meant the new content was so hard that anyone without them wouldn’t have had a chance to complete it.

Anything blade can do, someone else can also do. Dormamu counter, any power control champ is alright, magik or gladiator hulk are the best non blade. Magik counter, any power control champ. Mephisto counter, iceman/ red hulk/ Void.

Anyone Blade can beat in the game, someone else can do it. Blade is just very good at what he does, I still wouldn’t take him for every fight. Scarlet witch pre 12.0 however, she just stun locked/ power locked/ regenned through every fight. She was so OP it was crazy.

You never had fights where she wouldn't proc?

I know I did... His regen is controllable and never fails, same with danger sense

Also there are plenty of champs/ nodes where debuts, buffs and stun get you killed, none of which would stop blade... you can choose not to parry or launch specials therefore you don't have to bleed the opponent.
    You must not have had a maxed sit leve 4* r5 scarlet witch before the nerf. She made blade look like iron patriot bro, cmon..... she Procter 2-3 heals every 20 hits never had less than x2 furies and crit buffs nullified every buff right away and then put her on crit team and watch her crank out 5-7 Frits every other hit.... not even close to the same as blade
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    Well, DS and SW were respectively spayed and neutered, so why no 5* versions? I have more of an issue with that than the nerfs that they got.
    I just explained why that would be seen as a cautious idea. In order to release them as 5*s, you would have to make them more potent. That's probably not on their list of things they want to do.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Mystic wars is the only thing broken. Adapt or get eaten. Keep crying in the meantime. I’ll keep reaping the rewards.
    I'm not interested in arguing in circles, thanks.
    edited April 2018
    Those current Champs are nothing like them. They are strong in some ways, but nothing like the old ones used to be. Anyone that can compare them clearly doesn't grasp the full extent that those Champs could perform pre-12.0, or is obviously still bent out of shape because they were nerfed. They're not the same. I could go into the dynamics of Crit, Regen, Armor Break, Nullify, all the ways combined with the Synergies that bypassed anything the percentage system could create, but that person still wouldn't understand or recognize how they were different. I could reiterate the points I made about Devs not wanting to repeat that kind of situation, but it would be argued against endlessly. I'm not going to keep repeating myself and I know an argument being baited when I see one, so my answer is "because reasons and stuff". You don't have to agree, and I don't have to be goated into an argument. Good evening.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    The OP's point is one of the largest, if not the largest reason why this game has lost its luster.

They put over a 100 champs in a game, made content incredibly difficult, and made it so a tiny handful of champs were able to overcome the difficulty, making all the others obsolete. When you don't have those champs or lack the ability to rank them up you resent others that do.

People arguing with the OP about SW being more overpowered than Blade before the update are missing the point, or rather making his point unintentionally. We are repeating history.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    The OP's point is one of the largest, if not the largest reason why this game has lost its luster.

They put over a 100 champs in a game, made content incredibly difficult, and made it so a tiny handful of champs were able to overcome the difficulty, making all the others obsolete. When you don't have those champs or lack the ability to rank them up you resent others that do.

People arguing with the OP about SW being more overpowered than Blade before the update are missing the point, or rather making his point unintentionally. We are repeating history.

Except as has been pointed out Blade is not over powered, he’s extremely useful and he’s been a necessary counter to all of the Mystics people placed in AW.

History isn’t repeating itself, something worse is happening, players are burning out.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    MSRDLD wrote: »

Except as has been pointed out Blade is not over powered, he’s extremely useful and he’s been a necessary counter to all of the Mystics people placed in AW.

History isn’t repeating itself, something worse is happening, players are burning out.

Debating the difference between "Extremely useful" and "overpowered" is semantics. The guy is at least demi-God tier right out of the box, duped he is God tier, and with the right synergies, above anyone else in the game. Just look at the rosters of all the top players in this game to see who is in their top 4.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Guess the mystic defenders aren't getting any kills hahahah.