**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Announcing: Chadwick and Tom’s Champion Challenge

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    I have enough units and items to 100% this but I won't use them on principle.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    If you can’t beat Groot with voodoo then I don’t even...

Stack poisons on the way to 15 hits, then watch him die. It’s the easiest fight there.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This challenge is not for everyone. If you can't do it you don't deserve the rewards. Complain on the internet less and practice more.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Just do one pass at a time. It’s low energy cost, and good practice.. plus Thanos is the eqsiest fight. You may lose a champ to a bug, but you can finish up and go right back in. If you halfway down a path and lose a couple of champs, quit and go back. Not brain science.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Honestly I don't get all the faulty controls complaints. I don't have lag issues, but that's different. Probably need to update your device if lag is killing you, or get better internet. But I think the controls kind of are what they are at this point. This challenge can be completed with no items or units.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Difficulty shouldn't be based on what type of phone you have.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Difficulty shouldn't be based on what type of phone you have.

I agree but older devices will have lag. Not sure there is anything they can do about that.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Oh gosh i hated the Counter Tactics one. I wanted to parry one time and received 3k parry damage. lol. Sometimes I swipe back to evade and my character just blocked and received ton of blocking damage.

Still not too hard except for the Groot in the last path from Round 4.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Thank you for the "constructive" feedback, but I said what I had to say. I don't care if people want to take jabs. I'm over it. If you had the same experience I did playing you would be on here in a heartbeat.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I completed all the challenges they released until now, most of them without spending any items. So if the diffuficulty level is similar it shouldn’t feel harder for me. It should even feel easier because of better teams, more expirence etc...
    I don’t mind if they make it harder... it’s fair with the progression of the game, but if it’s harder, the rewards should be better.
    The first new node that the opponent is indistrucatable while attacker’s combo meter is under 15, is just annoying (super annoying). One lag, one block-lock (see the bugs section in the forum, one special that you hit and not register and you need to start over with the combo meter. Not super hard but very annoying.
    The second node is much worst, increase the defender base attack by 20% for every hit on the attacker’s combo meter. In other words, it’s like the unblockable finale node but instead of 25% health, it start kicking after 20 hits. One miss parry or block is instant death, successful parry also do high damage.
    I tried it once and the block-lock bug + special attack key not register messed me up so many times.
    I will probably wait with my 2nd attempt until they release v18, hopefully they will fix something by then.
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    I completed all the challenges they released until now, most of them without spending any items. So if the diffuficulty level is similar it shouldn’t feel harder for me. It should even feel easier because of better teams, more expirence etc...
    I don’t mind if they make it harder... it’s fair with the progression of the game, but if it’s harder, the rewards should be better.
    The first new node that the opponent is indistrucatable while attacker’s combo meter is under 15, is just annoying (super annoying). One lag, one block-lock (see the bugs section in the forum, one special that you hit and not register and you need to start over with the combo meter. Not super hard but very annoying.
    The second node is much worst, increase the defender base attack by 20% for every hit on the attacker’s combo meter. In other words, it’s like the unblockable finale node but instead of 25% health, it start kicking after 20 hits. One miss parry or block is instant death, successful parry also do high damage.
    I tried it once and the block-lock bug + special attack key not register messed me up so many times.
    I will probably wait with my 2nd attempt until they release v18, hopefully they will fix something by then.

That's where I was at. A couple Fights on the Path were functioning reasonably. When I have to spend 600 Units on an 11k Groot that's whiffing Combos and jumping like it's on fast forward, that's where I draw the line. I really do hope they fix it as well. At this time, I'm pretty frustrated. The challenge level should come from the Challenge itself. Not sporadic speeds. I'm happy some people don't have speed issues at all, but I'm at a loss for how it's possible that others haven't noticed. It's not a missed Block or two. It's insanely different. In any event, I might have patience later in the month, I might not. I'm not up for spending on the first Path like that. I would have been cool with the Nodes if the controls operated at the same speeds.
    Carmel1 wrote: »

That's where I was at. A couple Fights on the Path were functioning reasonably. When I have to spend 600 Units on an 11k Groot that's whiffing Combos and jumping like it's on fast forward, that's where I draw the line. I really do hope they fix it as well. At this time, I'm pretty frustrated. The challenge level should come from the Challenge itself. Not sporadic speeds. I'm happy some people don't have speed issues at all, but I'm at a loss for how it's possible that others haven't noticed. It's not a missed Block or two. It's insanely different. In any event, I might have patience later in the month, I might not. I'm not up for spending on the first Path like that. I would have been cool with the Nodes if the controls operated at the same speeds.

If it was on the first path why in the world didn’t you just back out? That doesn’t make much sense to me. That’s a lot of units you could have saved yourself.
    First of all, it's not about why I did or didn't back out. That's not going to change the experience of it. Secondly, I had him half down and I was trying to pile through. I've had many times where I just had to push through. Once you're stuck in trying to finish something, sometimes you go all out.

I wanted to finish the first Path to top off a 4* Crystal. I get what you're saying. I could have quit. I'm not upset about the Units. I can make that in a week or less, and I'm responsible for what I choose to spend. I'm more concerned with the cause and effect, and how it shouldn't be happening.
    Although, I will say I like the Nodes themselves. I think it was creative. I just wish I wasn't experiencing issues that made it increasingly difficult is all. The Challenge itself is fun. Thought I would share my positives.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    I explored the quest for the 20 sig stones. I don’t think that a 4* roster can explore it without using units and still need a 4* awakening gem. The 4* gem did not belong with the rewards for that quest.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    I'm tolerant about a great many things, but I'm not holding my tongue on this one. I'm not completing Chapter 4 of this Challenge, I don't care about the Rewards. I just spent 800 Units getting to Thanos on the first Path. 600 of that on a Groot with an R5 Voodoo. Why? I'll tell you. You have Nodes that depend on maintaining a Combo, a lag in controls, and AI that operates at a speed it shouldn't operate. When you're fighting Champs that can snap into an Evade immediately and whiff you before you even get to them, that's not fair fighting at all. Speed variants need to be resolved because this is dirty fighting, plain and simple. The next time you consider releasing a Challenge, please be cognizant of the fact that the mechanics are not in sync. There is absolutely no reason why the difficulty should come from AI that operates at its own speed, faster than we can physically respond. I don't care what is causing it. It's not a fair game at all.
    To anyone who wants to comment about being a noob, or that not all content is for everyone, save it because I'm over it. I don't care what you think of my skill, and I am happy if you never had any issues. I'm not investing any more Units into a Challenge with AI that picks and chooses when to whiff and how fast to go. It's just plain wrong. Even I have my limit.

I do believe that what your saying now is what loads of other people were saying shortly after cr an a change in ai was introduced.

It's meant to be hard content an the ai does speed up, guess your finally seeing things how others did an your not liking it.
  • TraikovTraikov Posts: 61
    anyone try legend run ?
    edited April 2018
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    I'm tolerant about a great many things, but I'm not holding my tongue on this one. I'm not completing Chapter 4 of this Challenge, I don't care about the Rewards. I just spent 800 Units getting to Thanos on the first Path. 600 of that on a Groot with an R5 Voodoo. Why? I'll tell you. You have Nodes that depend on maintaining a Combo, a lag in controls, and AI that operates at a speed it shouldn't operate. When you're fighting Champs that can snap into an Evade immediately and whiff you before you even get to them, that's not fair fighting at all. Speed variants need to be resolved because this is dirty fighting, plain and simple. The next time you consider releasing a Challenge, please be cognizant of the fact that the mechanics are not in sync. There is absolutely no reason why the difficulty should come from AI that operates at its own speed, faster than we can physically respond. I don't care what is causing it. It's not a fair game at all.
    To anyone who wants to comment about being a noob, or that not all content is for everyone, save it because I'm over it. I don't care what you think of my skill, and I am happy if you never had any issues. I'm not investing any more Units into a Challenge with AI that picks and chooses when to whiff and how fast to go. It's just plain wrong. Even I have my limit.

I do believe that what your saying now is what loads of other people were saying shortly after cr an a change in ai was introduced.

It's meant to be hard content an the ai does speed up, guess your finally seeing things how others did an your not liking it.

I never said a change in AI was introduced. I've been commenting about speed variants for some time. The amount it varies makes it physically impossible to respond to it. As in, 3x faster. A challenge implies you have a chance to respond. What I experienced was impossible to respond. I'm not implying anything was changed intentionally. I am however, giving the feedback that the issue is rendering content like this impassable.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    edited April 2018
    I will say the event isn't that bad. The major issues are the insane lag that lasts throughout the fights and the AI response is super fast. Kabam fix these issues and you probably wouldn't have all these complaints.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

I never said a change in AI was introduced. I've been commenting about speed variants for some time. The amount it varies makes it physically impossible to respond to it. As in, 3x faster. A challenge implies you have a chance to respond. What I experienced was impossible to respond. I'm not implying anything was changed intentionally. I am however, giving the feedback that the issue is rendering content like this impassable.

Can you record a fight an post it so kabam can see the issue, that's the best way to report problems
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    humzah217 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Hypocrite, when others complain about kabam setting the difficulty too high on certain challenges, u seem to always have a response to back kabam up but oooh looks like someone finally gave in...get gud scrub

Uncalled for plus you missed the point.. Grounded is complaining about issues not difficulty..
    Issues I repeatedly had myself..
    mc94jfl4plnu.png
    (Just to show its complete so not sour grapes)

Dashback was practically none existent in some fights..
    On a number of occasions my champs just stood in place then took the hits, on another I managed to pull back 3 times only to have my champ bring up block and drop it instantly without moving..
    a number of times after parry my champ wouldn't move had to use light attack instead of medium..
    A bunch of frame drops so enemy champs was instantly on top of me..
    (I don't remember experiencing this many problems in the other events I've done.. Every now and then the odd few issues but not as many or as constant as these ones)