**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Missing Chaos Calendar [Merged Threads]

Comments

• FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Wait, there was a new update and a new chaos calendar? I figured the chaos calendar was just done, and I'm not even seeing an option to update the app in the Play Store.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    FineDog wrote: »
    Wait, there was a new update and a new chaos calendar? I figured the chaos calendar was just done, and I'm not even seeing an option to update the app in the Play Store.

Right?
  • LaylicLaylic Posts: 88
    The update they are referring to was for last month. They released the update around noon CST on march 26 and if you didn’t update within hours, you don’t get the full 10k shards from the calendar. Even though 1/3 of the world would have been asleep during this time frame.

Originally, there is a quote in the bugs thread that says, as long as you updated before the next reset, you might have different start and end dates, but you’d get still get the full rewards. That did not happen though.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    It’s great this thread is open again, but without an update from Kabam all it does is stop cluttering the forum. Which is obviously great, but it feels a bit like “if they won’t shut up, we’ll just let them talk over here where less people notice it.”
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    It's bizarre that they would publicly assure us we'd get the rewards, fail to deliver, then issue such a colossal F-U as just closing the threads and saying there's nothing they can do. The whole thing is easily fixed with 1000 beginner rift shards to every player. It fixes the complaint of every single complainer and gives nothing of value to the rest of the playerbase, who would finish with 1,000 shards or 3,000 shards depending on whether they went for 100% on beginner or not.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I lost my chaos calender after I reached 10,000 tier 1 shards.
  • Newtothegame1Newtothegame1 Posts: 17
    Hello Summoner,

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to submit your concern to us. We are currently experiencing a large number of contacts regarding this specific issue, and so we may be unable to answer you individually. With that being said we did want to let you know that we are currently investigating your concern. As soon as we have an update you will be among the first to know. In the meantime, if you have any concerns or questions regarding a separate matter then please feel free to submit another case to us, and we would be more than happy to look into that for you.

Thanks again, and we will talk to you soon.
  • Ou_YeahOu_Yeah Posts: 45
    Hello Summoner,

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to submit your concern to us. We are currently experiencing a large number of contacts regarding this specific issue, and so we may be unable to answer you individually. With that being said we did want to let you know that we are currently investigating your concern. As soon as we have an update you will be among the first to know. In the meantime, if you have any concerns or questions regarding a separate matter then please feel free to submit another case to us, and we would be more than happy to look into that for you.

Thanks again, and we will talk to you soon.

I assume this is the response to a ticket you submitted on this very issue?
  • Yarah_DahileYarah_Dahile Posts: 83
    edited April 2018
    Hey everyone -

Merged a few threads together so I could answer this in one place.

So from the sound of it, a few of you didn't update ASAP as recommended by Zibiit back when we started this. This hesitation or inability to update at that time caused for the calendar to miss a day in starting. By missing that day there wouldn't be enough time to collect the last set of shards needed for that rift. I understand this is frustrating and disappointing, however, we can't grant those missing shards and therefore will need to close these threads down.

I'm sorry for the frustration this is going to cause, gang. We know some people couldn't update immediately, but regardless of that we can't step in and replace those missed items. We'll be sure to share the feedback of all this with the rest of the team and letting everyone know that the timing was unfortunate.

I’m calling BS - sorry but I’m pretty paranoid about doing updates as soon as they come out in MCOC because I am excited to see new content. I don’t appreciate the palm off.

Just out of curiosity- how many of as are Australian and having this issue?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Easy solution: Give every player 1,000 Tier 1 Chaos Rift Shards

This will help the players in need of them and since you need 10,000 to form a Rift, 1,000 Shards won’t affect players that got the Shards from the calendar.

Kabam, please don’t ignore this issue. I am not affected by this issue, but I know that a whole lot of the community is, so please fix it.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit @Ad0ra_
  • BmanBman Posts: 221
    Stop blaming the victims. You well know it is 100% unacceptable and 100% impossible to expect everybody to download an update within a few hrs of its release. This has never once been an issue before! I have been playing since the very beginning. As is always the case, you blame the player for something that is 100% your fault. You tell everyone to shut up and deal with it. I have done 0 quests and 0 arena of any kind since this, and have no desire to. Like many players, this looks like the last straw in huge pile of straws, that has finall “broke the camels back”
  • Bman wrote: »
    Stop blaming the victims. You well know it is 100% unacceptable and 100% impossible to expect everybody to download an update within a few hrs of its release. This has never once been an issue before! I have been playing since the very beginning. As is always the case, you blame the player for something that is 100% your fault. You tell everyone to shut up and deal with it. I have done 0 quests and 0 arena of any kind since this, and have no desire to. Like many players, this looks like the last straw in huge pile of straws, that has finall “broke the camels back”

Bman is right, kabam is on thin ice with a lot of players. I was going to do something stupid in trying to get the new Ironman and captain America, but this has saved me from myself. I’m sure I’m not the only one...
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Hey everyone -

Merged a few threads together so I could answer this in one place.

So from the sound of it, a few of you didn't update ASAP as recommended by Zibiit back when we started this. This hesitation or inability to update at that time caused for the calendar to miss a day in starting. By missing that day there wouldn't be enough time to collect the last set of shards needed for that rift. I understand this is frustrating and disappointing, however, we can't grant those missing shards and therefore will need to close these threads down.

I'm sorry for the frustration this is going to cause, gang. We know some people couldn't update immediately, but regardless of that we can't step in and replace those missed items. We'll be sure to share the feedback of all this with the rest of the team and letting everyone know that the timing was unfortunate.

You know, if I could give a negative value review on the Google Play Store I would. I've never seen a worse response from a company. Essentially, we know you suffered for something that wasn't your fault, but we won't do anything about it. I say WON'T because you CAN. You can easily gift 1000 shards to everyone and leave some people 9000 short of a beginner rift.

Even if I were to get those shards, I wouldn't play the beginner rift because it wouldn't be worth it to me. But on principle your response is pathetic.

I know, I know, you people just work for the company and you're just relaying information. But how many times can you do that till you think, is the pay really worth it to work for an organisation that's this unethical?
  • I’m missing my crystals too, never missed a day. Come on Kabam do the right thing and give us our missing crystals!!
  • Steve_sSteve_s Posts: 2
    Any update on the missing 1k chaos shards? I still haven't received mine. I login daily. Now my tier1 chaos shards are at 9k. Kabam, pls fix this!
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Ummm updating? My game is up to date and still no calendar
    Exactly what bs is this? Anyone have the.problem solved yet?
    This sucks #alls! ...so let ke get this straight it is our fault we got kabamed?
    We get "gee guys know its frustraiting that you missed out on a five star crystal...maybe...sorry!"
    Na this is bull! I play this game first a.m. on the shitter and last thing at night...this is a crock...if i didnt get the update it was because it wasn't available "first thing" that day. And that is what the problem is...it was delivered late...the calendars for everything else work fine...they seem able to keep track of the days and time and logins...why do i feel like we are getting smoke blown in our orifices?
  • DrakeDrake Posts: 101
    Wow, that is absolute bull****. Congrats, you just cost yourself a few hundred bucks in chargebacks. I spend enough that they won't bat an eyelash when I claim I didn't get some of the items I paid for. This is f****** reprehensible. Also changing my review to 1 star until you reimburse my *stolen* items, which is how I chose to view this.
  • Ad13Ad13 Posts: 2
    I've been playing for close to 2 years and just joined to say this is the worst customer service I've ever seen. Was debating buying the rest of the units for the 3.5k offer but yeah, no.

Your customers wait maybe 6 hours to install an update and they are just out of luck?
    What phones are we all on? I just had a Samsung update and i will lay odds thats really the problem...cause there is no way i missed getting the update in time...
    See kabam...the problem with this bs answer is that it only accounts for the 1000 tier 1 shards we didn't get...it doesn't account for the 5000 master tier shards some of us didn't get on completing heroic...so you may want to rethink your excuse as well as your answer.
    When i completed heroic i should have gotten 5000 shards and didn't and that has zip to do with "didn't download the update in time..."
    And neither does the 1000!
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    I don't understand why Kabam just can't issue a blanket 1000 beginner shards. I am stuck at 9k, with the normal, heroic, & master tiers all short the expected 5k from winning the previous tier. I don't think anybody would be upset over the free shards, and it's not like it's a paid resource or anything, so kabam wouldn't be losing money. Those unaffected by the calendar glitch would have an extra 1k shards, but big deal. I'm bummed out that the response from @Kabam Miike was basically tough cookies if you didn't notice this forum post from a month ago.

I put in a ticket the moment that my calendar disappeared (I was really excited to get started on these rifts), and the response from support was helpful. I'm not confident that this issue will be handled well going forward, though
  • BmanBman Posts: 221
    I’ve been playing for 3.5yrs, probably been 2.5yrs since I missed a log in day. I have almost 200k fights won, but haven’t fought a single fight in 3 days and don’t plan to do so right now. I have been KABAMED, blamed, and ignored too many times