**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why not make titles worth something?

We can have plenty of titles in this game but apart from the fun we had getting them there is absolutely no use for such titles.
We can be a 'Pink Ghost' or a 'Dark General' as we wish but wouldn't it be better if let's say, each title could grant a specific benefit?
It could be a lesser bonus like 1% more gold; 1% more damage when using female characters; 1 extra slot in masteries... whatever.
I believe it would be nice for the game to promote this.
Don't you agree?

Comments

• Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Interesting concept but I'm not sure that fits what kabam wants titles to be. At the moment they are purely cosmetic, and players can choose whatever they want, which promotes individuality, while others just chose the title that has the most bragging rights. Should they chose to make titles give effects, most people would likely care far more about the effect, and the name of the title would become essentially meaningless.
    Also if they were to do this they probably wouldn't give past titles buffs, only the newer titles. The reason for this is it would be unfair to buff past rewards, as some people may have chose to ignore them do to their "useless" nature.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, that kinda ruins the whole point of the titles. Which is style points!
    A small gold/xp boost wouldn't be a bad thing though.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    I take the hipster approach and don't use a title.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    That sounds like a great idea. Maybe not with titles though as they’re just for aesthetics/bragging rights. But another slot that we could equip something where we choose if we want a small percentage of increased gold, attack, def, ability accuracy, etc. Oh wait this is encroaching on ‘gear’ and the community hates gear no matter what.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Everyone always wants something extra for nothing....
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    Speedbump wrote: »
    Everyone always wants something extra for nothing....

it wouldn't be "for nothing" since you have to earn the title in the first place

Let's give some credible bonuses for it:
    I stated it here (Too lazy):
    How about this:
    Common titles:Per title,Increase Block proficiency by x%
    Uncommon titles:Per title,Energy cap is increased (Encourages doing master)
    Rare titles:Per title,Gold and Xp gain increased by x%
    Epic titles:Per title,Increase buff and decrease debuff duration by x%
    Legend titles:Per title,Increase Crit Damage rating by x%

Don't see how it'll be broken,Especially with dimininishing returns
    what is a diminishing return?

i was thinking the titles should give a bonus based on their theme.

"Symbiote Slayer" = increased damage against symbiotes
    "Honorary Guardian of the Galaxy" = increase all team members's health by X for each Guardian on the team
    "Bird of Prey" = increased ability accuracy for flying champions

etc

% of a %,Then again,Not broken.
    what is a diminishing return?

i was thinking the titles should give a bonus based on their theme.

"Symbiote Slayer" = increased damage against symbiotes
    "Honorary Guardian of the Galaxy" = increase all team members's health by X for each Guardian on the team
    "Bird of Prey" = increased ability accuracy for flying champions

etc

What would the 'Legend' title give,tho?
  • Ou_YeahOu_Yeah Posts: 45
    For the average person, titles don't have much use, but for alliance leaders, they help to see what prospective members have accomplished.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    What would the 'Legend' title give,tho?
    bragging rights

maybe a small boost to everything or a big boost to attack or hp. legends title is not tied to one specific theme, so it makes sense to have it give non-themed boosts

Yeah that would not cause absolutel murder from every single android user 😂
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    jlc80203 wrote: »
    why not give war MVPs an extra reward?

Can’t give rewards to war mvps because there are all manner of war difficulties and players who play up and down from their skill level. If I join a silver alliance I’d be mvp every time and if I joined a master alliance I’d be mvp less often. Also would penalize “boss killers” who do some of the heaviest lifting but aren’t getting exploration % credit. This would just be silly. Seen average people in garbage alliances with 30 mvps and highly skilled players in top alliances with less than 10. Also “mvp” criteria is kind of silly. People who do far less often get mvp because they take out more champs but they’re weak champs.. while others who are clearing harder defenders and taking out minibosses and or bosses get a smaller %. Would be ridiculous.

• CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    jlc80203 wrote: »
    why not give war MVPs an extra reward?

That might ruin the AW, ppl will stop playing colective and thinking only about themselves to win MVP rewards