**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Infinity Dungeons Discussion Thread

Comments

• Bill0927Bill0927 Posts: 39
    They are more tedious then the arena and with aq aw the daily trials and soon a new monthly to run it’s gonna be too much kabam needs to space these events out and not pile them all at once some of us aren’t you tubers who have all day to play
  • Why are the milestone rewards based on pi and not how many dungeons you complete?
  • IwantanappleIwantanapple Posts: 3
    edited April 2018
    A permanent type of this mode would be really cool
    Maybe with not as great as rewards, I personally love the idea of being able to play with friend not from my alliance
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I agree that the prestige brackets for milestones should be removed.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Dungeon Feedback:
    1. There needs to be a way to end a dungeon or leave the dungeon party without having to wait for the timer to expire. If you go to the dungeon screen through the friends list while in an active dungeon and click exit party on the top left corner of the screen the game simply crashes.

2. It's been 2 days and it already feels like a repetitive grind with minimal payoff. I'm not a fan of the milestones being something you have to hit every single day, perhaps you could make them weekly so that we can work on them when we actually feel like playing or can lineup a time to play with a friend. I can see this mode becoming just another thing you have to do every day and it's still very early, there must be a way to change up the structure so it doesn't feel so grindy.

3. The milestones being based on prestige was a really bad idea because as you yourself said it doesn't work well when used as a measuring stick for player progression. You can have a multi-year veteran with lower prestige than a player with under a year playtime simply based on champion rank up choices and champion pull RNG. There are many better ways to determine the progression of an account such as level, highest ranked champion, furthest quest completed, being uncollected, event quest completion, etc. so they should be used instead of prestige.

4. This seems like the perfect mode to address the gold shortage problem since it would give players a reason to play dungeons after hitting the milestones and it's already set up with increasing difficulty which could be matched with increasing gold rewards based on how far you can get.

5. Chat is a mess as you are well aware, extremely important for the mode to work but once it's fixed it shouldn't be an issue.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    the chat isn't necesarily as vital as people make it out to be. my dungeon runs so far haven't needed the chat much.

I prefer it to hopping over from Mcoc to Line, typing my message and back to Mcoc, rather than tapping the chat and tapping which node. It changes a 1 second task to a 20 second one. That’s really irritating when you have to do it every 5 mins.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Absolute trash that milestone rewards are capped off by Prestige. I'm a 370k player with 4900 prestige leading a 11mil alliance and I'm capped off at 5000 milestone instead of the 7500.
    This is especially unbalanced since prestige is built off of being able to rank up high-prestige champs (which are randomly assigned numbers that in no way reflect how good a champ is.) So if you don't manage to pull the right champs, then you get shafted in rewards.
  • Dr_PhysicoDr_Physico Posts: 58
    There's a problem with the team selection, it interferes with all other game modes like arena, aq, aw, story, monthly quest.

I just was in a monthly quest with 5 champs, took a break there to do a dungeon, then kept moving in the quest. At the end, I clicked "repeat" and guess what, now I'm in the quest not with the 5 champs I just finished, but with the 3 champs I was in dungeon.
    Also saw the preselection in the other modes.
  • The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    It was so stupid to launch this event without having the chat working! it makes it magnitudes harder and less fun, Get to work on fixing the CHAT WTF!!!!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    The biggest problem is that with a prestige cap as high as this, it’s literally all luck. A 4* max prestige is 4800 (I believe thanos is the highest prestige but correct me if I’m wrong) regardless, no 4* 5/50 is above 5500 prestige. That means you have to get lucky, 150 people get the arena 5* which are usually the same crowd, those already above 5500. You have to hope you’re lucky with a basic crystal, or lucky with an old feature crystal before you got rid of them. 5* rank 3’s don’t even make it there, so someone could have 50 5*, but still be considered a new summoner.

Kabam have said that “We don't want brand new summoners getting carried to 5-Star Champions”, after making an arena for 1 and 2* champions to get a 5*. It’s ridiculous and I’m not even affected by it.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,623 ★★★★★
    I've read the announcement a few times and had my brain blasted by all the forum posts so forgive this stupid post.

Let me know if I've got it right.

I grab an alliance member of approximate roster, we choose 3 champs each and move through the dungeon. After beating a room we can either quit (and take whatever rewards) or continue on (with same teams) until we are unable to finish.

We collect rewards for every completed room. We have a cooldown time on the teams used to this point.

Can we then re-enter immediately with different teams, starting from the beginning and collect the same rewards up until we cannot finish?

Can we just keep going, using as much of the roster as we can? Are the rewards capped at some point where there is no point re-entering?

Thanks in advance for the bunch of lols I expect this post to attract :wink:

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I got stuck on the decision page after I hit "next room." Like a dummy, I sat there for a few minutes and typing in chat that I couldn't get off the page. Apparently my partner killed himself trying to clear the path of the next room. Leaving the dungeon mode, going to home page, and then going back into dungeons fixed it and I was able to join in.

I think exact steps were that I hit next room, went to check on my partner's health and then I got stuck there.
  • WorldWarWilliamWorldWarWilliam Posts: 27
    When is matchmaking going live for this?
  • PaddiePaddie Posts: 28
    Have had some issues activating specials in dungeons - no nodes to prevent this. Anyone else?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Well these are really telling me who in my alliance are just terrible at this game. Losing rewards because your partner is an idiot is just awful.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,623 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    nvm

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I really dont think this event is fun. It is very time consuming.I wont do it
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    @Kabam DK @Kabam Miike when both players champs are dead there seems to be no way to end the quest early. We've had to wait for the dungeon to timeout which is a really annoying lol.

Not sure if we've missed it but quite a few people who I've spoken to also can't find an option to exit quest.
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    bug reporting :
    1- you can't see your partner's team's health while he/she is fighting.
    2- you will get stuck in the lobby -the one between rooms- if you hit [next room] then the icon that show you your current team health(and your partner). What will happen is your partner will go to next room and you will wait in the lobby for infinite time, unless you restart the game or went back to game's home screen then go back in. @TheLegend27 got that problem as well apparently (same as I did)
    3- chat not working
    4- there are no quit button if you failed, you have to wait for the time to run out
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Dungeon Feedback:
    1. There needs to be a way to end a dungeon or leave the dungeon party without having to wait for the timer to expire. If you go to the dungeon screen through the friends list while in an active dungeon and click exit party on the top left corner of the screen the game simply crashes.

2. It's been 2 days and it already feels like a repetitive grind with minimal payoff. I'm not a fan of the milestones being something you have to hit every single day, perhaps you could make them weekly so that we can work on them when we actually feel like playing or can lineup a time to play with a friend. I can see this mode becoming just another thing you have to do every day and it's still very early, there must be a way to change up the structure so it doesn't feel so grindy.

3. The milestones being based on prestige was a really bad idea because as you yourself said it doesn't work well when used as a measuring stick for player progression. You can have a multi-year veteran with lower prestige than a player with under a year playtime simply based on champion rank up choices and champion pull RNG. There are many better ways to determine the progression of an account such as level, highest ranked champion, furthest quest completed, being uncollected, event quest completion, etc. so they should be used instead of prestige.

4. This seems like the perfect mode to address the gold shortage problem since it would give players a reason to play dungeons after hitting the milestones and it's already set up with increasing difficulty which could be matched with increasing gold rewards based on how far you can get.

5. Chat is a mess as you are well aware, extremely important for the mode to work but once it's fixed it shouldn't be an issue.

This is pretty much exactly the feedback I was going to give. Perfect post.

Milestones need to be extended to at minimum 3 days. 24 hours is too short for this type of game mode. It just becomes grindy.

Prestige is a bad way to limit progress in this mode. If someone with a lower roster wants to grind their heads off to get better rewards then let them. They deserve it. This is coming from a 7k+ prestige player. Time and effort should be rewarded.

All the other points were spot on. Also, I'm surprised no one else has brought up the gold in the milestones. This is a welcome addition and actually helps out a lot.
  • DaveDaDudeDaveDaDude Posts: 18
    Anybody know how long you can be in the waiting screen before starting the next room? It could be very possible that 1 of the 2 people need to step away for 15-30 min, 1 hour or longer before starting the next room. It would be horrible to stop progress and cash out early. Not everyone can clear 1-2 hours straight to play.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    now seriously:
    forgive the ignorance but i've never cared for prestige. how do i know my prestige? i heard it's a combination of the total PI of my 5 champs with the highest PI , is this correct?
    and from what i understand, it's a combination of base PI, but the PI we see includes bonus points from masteries and who knows what else, and there's no way to see base PI of a champion. is there no way to check without using external apps or resetting all my masteries?

@ArmandStar it's the average PI of your top 5 champs without masteries. You can drop your masteries and your prestige or you can use a prestige calculator.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Already used champs should move to the bottom, just as they do in arena. Right now it’s cluthered and takes a lot of time to see which champs I can use. Since I can’t sort them on availability, I can’t check which set of champs is the first to come back either (not unless I click them all).

For some reason, my quest team gets changed into the dungeon team when I hit “replay” at the end of the quest. Visually it looks like my normal team at first, until I move, then it shows I’m using 3 champs only, the once I used in my last dungeon. Very annoying, as it takes my energy away like this. (And we all know we need as much energy as we can get.)
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    It also needs a “leave” option. Right now we need to wait for the timer to run out when we die.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    When should the new lv6 dungeon points take affect
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    Thanks for addressing the prestige issue Kabam, now how about that chat?
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I give credit when it's due and the update is spot on. Thank you kabam for the changes
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    When should the new lv6 dungeon points take affect

According to the message, it should kick in with the dungeon that starts tomorrow