**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Infinity Dungeons Discussion Thread

Comments

• roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    There's a ton of good points in here - and I too think the prestige cutoff at 5500 is ridiculous. 525k, playing since day 1, led alliances, finished in Plat 3, top 300 AQ, completed all end game content (minus 100% LoL) and up till last month had 3 God tier5* R4s.

Thank God I got lucky opened up a feature a 6* worth taking him to R2 otherwise I probably wouldn't have had the 7500 milestone either - which is utterly ridiculous.

Now, I do wanna say something to the people saying Uncollected should be the line in the sand. I disagree, and only because of the sheer number of people bragging about beating Uncollected with 4/40s or after playing for only 3 months. Or just the large number of people who spent way too much money beating it by the skin of their teeth and now find all subsequent uncollected difficulty too difficult.

All those brag posts are like the community shooting themselves in the foot honestly. Kabam now knows that uncollected cannot be the line in the sand it had originally intended on being, and probably why it's not the cutoff for the 7500 milestone bracket. I don't agree with the 5500 requirement but can see it from their perspective why uncollected isn't a viable marker either (for whatever reason they decided on markers to begin with which I also disagree with)

• Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    I kinda agree with what you said @roastedbagel ...I'm just kinda salty that I'm uncollected, 100% the last uncollected event(will do it again this month), and can't even see the 5* crystals lol.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    My thoughts.

I enjoy the dungeons! It's a nice way to play the game. I like the interaction with a friend. There are a few issues, though.

Bugs:

Teams: It messes up teams in other parts of the game. When I start an arena, it defaults to my last dungeon team. Same thing when I start an event quest. Even if I *finish* an event quest and hit "replay", it starts me off with the three champs I had in the dungeon instead of the team I just beat the boss with.

Chat: Every time I play a dungeon, the chat window goes back to global chat. Please make it save which chat window was open before the dungeon crawl and restore it afterwards.

Suggestions:

Ingame emails: Please stop sending me an email every time I finish a dungeon. I know I finished a dungeon.

The grinding problem: I feel like I'm constantly having to hound my teammates to do dungeons so I can hit the milestones. This isn't bad now, but it will get old by the end of the month, just like it did in the Ragnarok event. Even ignoring that, it's adding up to a lot of time a day to get the milestones. If some version of this becomes a permanent feature, I'd prefer it be something that is limited to three times a day, similar to how the current event makes you pick your difficulty, but limits your entries. Combined with regular play and arena grinding, there's a chance of burnout if there are too incentives to continually play.

Thanks!
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    so far this event seems like a major hassle. So far I have teamed up with people who only wanted to do a room or 2 and bail which cost me some good champs to now be locked. Had people who wouldn't communicate and just did whatever they wanted. and not to mention the endless conversations of people just trying to find partners to play a dungeon with. This is going to be a long month full of aggravation. And btw I don't know why Kabam has to be so secretive about the PI of the teams in each dungeon and how much point they award. Someone from the community will figure all this out and post it for us all to know eventually so it makes no sense for Kabam to not do it first. Overall I was hyped for this event but after 1 day of playing it I am now thinking it will be just another disappointment

so time consuming, and for what in the end ? 27k dark artifacts seem unreachable unless you play everyday like your life depends on it, and as for the the infinity dust meh, the other way to win it seem easier

You can theoretically get 3 5* crystals throughout the month doing it all. I'll plan on 2 and be happy

How do you figure ?? If I get one I'd be lucky

5* crystal is 27,000
    If you have a high enough prestige, maximum number of dark artifacts is 1,950 from daily milestones.
    Event runs 42 days

42 * 1,950 = 81,900 dark artifacts
    81,900 / 27,000 = 3.03333333333 crystals

If you miss even ONE day of this horribly designed and broken game mode you are already out. Can't handle wasting that much time in this bug-fest of constant swapping between Line and MCOC. It's gonna burn out a LOT of people who were already banking on 3 crystals. I'm already planning ahead to only shoot for 2 since something will happen during these 42 days that will screw you over 1 day and miss the cutoff. 2 Emergency maintenances to fix all the problems introduced in the next maintenance will likely screw over thousands of people and miss 1 day :)

• JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    BDLH wrote: »
    If you miss even ONE day of this horribly designed and broken game mode you are already out.

No, if you miss one day then you get 2 5* crystals and a bunch of other stuff.
  • jp2835jp2835 Posts: 147
    Why I'm not getting 6th milestone at 7.5k even I'm at 4200+ prestige ??
  • jp2835jp2835 Posts: 147
    It's been 3 days since the dungeon started
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Infinity Dungeon is the best new game mode! Eventhough it gets difficult as you progressing forward in the dungeon, it's challenging which something that almost all players are seeking for quite sometimes. Not saying that the current modes aren't interesting but players seems wanna have a mode to play together with their friends.
    You don't need to use your best champs everyday to get those rewards. You still can use your top 3* champs when you run out of 4*, 5* and 6* champs to use. Would love to see this type of game mode again in the near future
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    jp2835 wrote: »
    It's been 3 days since the dungeon started
    jp2835 wrote: »
    Why I'm not getting 6th milestone at 7.5k even I'm at 4200+ prestige ??

Read the updated thread about changes an you will get your answers
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/65419/upcoming-changes-to-infinity-dungeons-events#latest
  • HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    First the Dungeon mode is a fun mode and a valid effort on trying to make this game a bit more interesting. But just with every new game mode, Kabam always finds way to show how they are out of touch with their player base.
    1. Does any of designers actually play dungeon to get all the milestones? The milestones are way time consuming to the extend of unrealistic, you need paying players, but if you keep us playing your game all day long, people can't make money to pay to play your game. For Dungeon 6 3 rooms 3 or 4 times a day, that's at least 2 hours of fully committed time. This is on top of AQ/AW/events which already take us too much time. Please be considerate and conscience about your player base, make it less a burden as it already is.
    2. UI designs are lacking of testing and use friendliness. There is no way to exit a dungeon, the chats are very lagging.

Thanks
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    If we make it to 4200+ prestige within the 42 days, would the milestones update accordingly? Currently at 3697 and I have 3 rank up decisions that would push me to 4254.
  • Will you admit you made a stupid event and cut the milestones in half? people gonna get burnt out trying to do ALL this content. It takes forever and you clearly screwed up the scripting. we already have to coordinate with 10 people for AQ. Please god do better. And fire the ass who said "hey lets make a little 2 man AQ and call it an INFINITY DUNGEON!!"
  • koening73koening73 Posts: 22
    When dungeons were announced was quite happy ( yay gonna dupe my SL)
    then when they came out , quite disapointed 5* crystal not for everyone, while materials are
    being average player , would be hard for me to get all materials , but, was willing to work for it
    now dont even bother with dungeons , top rewards made for top players only
    uncollected i understand and am ok with it , it depends on me to get it , with all the improved rewards that go with it
    but this event i have no choice , top rewards not even available for me
    just disapointed
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Kabam, Hey big props for addressing the milestone issue! I'm super happy!
  • SDAATRSDAATR Posts: 70
    edited April 2018
    @Kabam Miike considering the latest changes in the brackets .... I am at 4.1k prestige at the moment .... What if in the upcoming week i rank up or dupe any champ and my prestige gets over 4.2k .... Will my bracket change?? Or I'll have continue with the 3k milestone bracket??
  • maxbirbmaxbirb Posts: 31
    I’m having a problem, when I send my dungeon “partner” a message like directly to him it sends the message to all my contacts
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    3kxd8mcqo28w.jpeg
    Saw this on YouTube, an example of the 5* crystal. Just out of curiosity, what is the absolute max value of Dark artefacts one can obtain over the whole event, 27k seems like a lot for a crystal. What’s the max per day and max over the whole event?

Also, is there actually a max on how many of each crystal I can purchase? For example if I wanted to get star Lord really bad, would I be able to buy 2 of these crystals for 54k shards or is it only 1 available?

27k is a lot, but if you're able to hit every milestones every day, you should be able to get 3 of the 5-Star Crystals. You are able to purchase the crystal multiple times, so you could theoretically buy the same Crystal 3 times.

You did remind me of something important that I should probably call out. Notice that the Champions in the Top Prizes are blue. The crystals contain Basic Champions. Duplicating them will only give 1 Signature level, and no Shards, etc.

If the top milestines bring your total to 1950, and there is only 14 days that's not even 28k where are you coming up with the "buy the same crystal 3 times"?

And if the people that are 5300 are getting merged into the higher bracket 4 days into the event and can't get close to the 27k, how do they get a 5 star?

Where is this math coming from?

And if you tell everyone they can get 3 by hitting all the milestones, a person could decide not to push on one single day and fall short of getting Just one crystal because they thought they could get 3 so missing one should still get that person 2, but back here in reality they won't get one?

The dungeons will run for almost 6 weeks dude ?
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    Where does it say the event lasts 14 days ?v3jwyjcug1c8.png
  • LilJohLilJoh Posts: 52
    This mode has really made me lose a great deal of faith in the contest. I have near 8K prestige and around 800K player rating. Last night it took me 5 hours to reach the last milestone because of bugs and silly mistakes my friends made which didn’t allow them to revive and resulted in a wasted run. I don’t want to pay 210 units everyday to refresh my a team and finish this grind as soon as possible but it looks like that’s what I’ll have to do. I know you all said map 6 will yield greater rewards but the change was not addressed. 3 rooms of map 6 and 6 rooms of map 5 should yield results. That alone takes a minimum of 20-30 minutes and it will still be mandatory to do every day if you want to get full rewards. That’s not asking much. I’m really hoping this issue is addressed because after the first dungeon this mode immediately became a grind and actually has made me start disliking my friends and alliance mates. Originally this game was consuming my time and whenever it consumed extra time it was my fault which is fine but now it’s my friends faults when it’s taking too much time and that’s just a bad move.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    LilJoh wrote: »
    This mode has really made me lose a great deal of faith in the contest. I have near 8K prestige and around 800K player rating. Last night it took me 5 hours to reach the last milestone because of bugs and silly mistakes my friends made which didn’t allow them to revive and resulted in a wasted run. I don’t want to pay 210 units everyday to refresh my a team and finish this grind as soon as possible but it looks like that’s what I’ll have to do. I know you all said map 6 will yield greater rewards but the change was not addressed. 3 rooms of map 6 and 6 rooms of map 5 should yield results. That alone takes a minimum of 20-30 minutes and it will still be mandatory to do every day if you want to get full rewards. That’s not asking much. I’m really hoping this issue is addressed because after the first dungeon this mode immediately became a grind and actually has made me start disliking my friends and alliance mates. Originally this game was consuming my time and whenever it consumed extra time it was my fault which is fine but now it’s my friends faults when it’s taking too much time and that’s just a bad move.

NIGHTMARE!
  • blakevdtblakevdt Posts: 4
    If I rank up champions to move up a bracket, will my milestone rewards be changed in the future?
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    LilJoh wrote: »

If you’re paying 210 units to finish faster, that’s exactly what you’re paying for - the convenience to finish faster. It’s not even much time saved, there are plenty of other teams you can use if you want to. If you’re mate is dying over and over that’s on him and who you pick for dungeon partner lol. Plenty of people can complete milestones in 1-2 runs.
  • I keep getting a lot of glitches on the dungeons, had a problem just now where after the level was completed and me and my partner decided to go on to the next room/level on a dungeon I got stuck on this last screen and the next level just wouldn't load up for me, my dungeon partner was taken to next level but not me, I had to close the game and launch it again to be able to see next level and then on next level I started the boss fight and immediately got the "problems connecting to your network" and the game kicked me out, lost half health of my 5* red hulk due to it and we almost ran out of time on both levels due to the glitches, it gets exasperating when things like this happen and you cannot play as you should, I could've kept on going for another 3 or 4 levels easily but had to stop as I was afraid that next glitch would have made us run out of time and we would've lost the great streak we already had, we were at room 5 on the dungeon... Please fix this issues, I rather the other regular glitches on fights like not being able to back dash or block, at least I am already more used to that type of stuff... Yesterday I also had some small glitches on the dungeons, like the chat not working, but it was not as bad as today, it seems they get worse by the day.

I did take a pic of both glitches today where it kept me on the same level instead of loading the next one for both of us (Spidey 1212, the guy I was playing with and me only he was taken forward) and where it gave me the network connection error message...

lzwdn8maqiae.png
    hc7onz6t9och.png
  • Also, I want to state that this feature is really fun and I'm loving it, I just really hope you guys can look into this glitches mentioned above and fix them as I'm really enjoying to be able to play with old friends and being able to share time with them again despite the glitches... Please please, pretty please fix this... I give you guys two thumbs up for it, and I understand that launching new features always brings out a glitch or two that needs to be worked on, which is why I'm here stating them in hopes that they can be fixed... Thank you all in advance.
  • ackrite26ackrite26 Posts: 51
    Cool down timers are BS
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    edited April 2018
    Fact dark artifacts are strictly obtained in dungeon is what makes me not what do this and as many say its time consuming and takes way long....like seriously do they even test the stuff out
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    dungeons are laggy as hell, parry works with a slight delay, often a combo + a sp results in the opponent blocking it, pfff kabam seriously ?