**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Infinity Dungeons Discussion Thread

Comments

• poknjnuuupoknjnuuu Posts: 19
    These dungeons are great, but rooms 1 and 2 of each dungeon are just wasted time. Thats the biggest pain of the dungeons- you cannot look away for 30 minutes per dungeon! And the first 15mins are just menial grind. Please modify them to start on difficulty and rewards of room 3
  • poknjnuuupoknjnuuu Posts: 19
    I love the concept of the cool down timer, it forces you to use your roster. But the time commitment to do a single dungeon makes it work, instead of fun!
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    LilJoh wrote: »
    This mode has really made me lose a great deal of faith in the contest. I have near 8K prestige and around 800K player rating. Last night it took me 5 hours to reach the last milestone because of bugs and silly mistakes my friends made which didn’t allow them to revive and resulted in a wasted run. I don’t want to pay 210 units everyday to refresh my a team and finish this grind as soon as possible but it looks like that’s what I’ll have to do. I know you all said map 6 will yield greater rewards but the change was not addressed. 3 rooms of map 6 and 6 rooms of map 5 should yield results. That alone takes a minimum of 20-30 minutes and it will still be mandatory to do every day if you want to get full rewards. That’s not asking much. I’m really hoping this issue is addressed because after the first dungeon this mode immediately became a grind and actually has made me start disliking my friends and alliance mates. Originally this game was consuming my time and whenever it consumed extra time it was my fault which is fine but now it’s my friends faults when it’s taking too much time and that’s just a bad move.

Get better friends and alliance mates
  • The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    I think that Kabam has missed the mark with these dungeons. They are side content and yet they are taking up more time than main content. My alliance has no one doing arena anymore, we failed to finish map5 100% 2 days in a row now cuz everyone is doing Dungeons and only worried about Dungeons. Points should have been doubled and milestones left the way they are. as is this is going to burn out the community faster than that LOOONG 1st season of AW
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    How to improve dungeons:

Add rank rewards to the milestones.

I know what you’re thinking, dungeons are a chore already as it is now rank rewards will make it even worse! But what rank rewards will do, is give an incentive for more players to continue doing dungeons after milestones are achieved. The most annoying part of dungeons is probably looking for a good partner who knows what they’re doing (especially since auto-match isn’t available yet). With rank rewards, there will always be people available to run dungeons. The rank rewards don’t even have to be anything crazy and just be in-line of other rank-reward-to-milestone ratio. Would be a great addition to the next iteration of dungeons.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Today is the first Sunday of dungeons and are a perfect example of why the rewards should be on a 3 or 7 day cycle instead of every day. Only AQ going on right now, no AW, no t4b or t1a or 5* arenas, most are done with EQ by now, so players don't have anything to do. Now is when people could be doing dungeons all day instead of for an hour and turning the game off like most do on days like this.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Delta_14 wrote: »
    How many Dark Artifacts will be required to purchase one of the special 3*/4*/5* crystals?

How many Dark Artifacts will each difficulty of dungeon pay out?

So, you don't earn Dark Artifacts directly from the Dungeons themselves, but from the Milestones associated with the Infinity Dungeons. The difficulty that you play will determine how many points your receive, so this is a little bit of a complicated question.

If you're a top level player, and able to take on Difficulty 6, you'll need to beat Room 3 approximately 3-4 times to hit the top Milestone every day.

Lmao this is a joke! 3-4 times on Dificulty 6 EVERYDAY for 40 days! This is bs! To be at the top of this game now u have to pause ur life and live to play
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Codornas wrote: »
    Delta_14 wrote: »
    How many Dark Artifacts will be required to purchase one of the special 3*/4*/5* crystals?

How many Dark Artifacts will each difficulty of dungeon pay out?

So, you don't earn Dark Artifacts directly from the Dungeons themselves, but from the Milestones associated with the Infinity Dungeons. The difficulty that you play will determine how many points your receive, so this is a little bit of a complicated question.

If you're a top level player, and able to take on Difficulty 6, you'll need to beat Room 3 approximately 3-4 times to hit the top Milestone every day.

Lmao this is a joke! 3-4 times on Dificulty 6 EVERYDAY for 40 days! This is bs! To be at the top of this game now u have to pause ur life and live to play

Or just beat room 5 once.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Ruining your life to get a random 5s more? Or a random awakening gem you don't need? Is this your concept of being on top?
  • shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    Hello! A random stream of my thoughts.

1) I like dungeons. They're fun.

2) Not sure why 6* are on a 70hr cool down - the pool of champs isn't game changing, they don't offer more points and we cannot rank them higher than the potential of a 5*.

3) Gameplay seems to suffer more from lag than any other part of the game (iphone7 / latest OS). This ofc could just be that in any other intense gameplay, my phone isn't on constantly for 2hrs.

4) I've basically replaced the time I spend in arenas (something I hate) with time in dungeons (something I enjoy). This is unsustainable however because the currency in arena is mandatory whilst the currency in dungeon is not.
    Therefore I would very much like it if going forward, instead of all this extra currency nonsense, you would just offer very similar rewards per dungeon hour spent as per arena hour - namely battlechips / gold. This would destroy the whole sense of grind for me - maybe I'm not alone in feeling that.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Dungeons is an alternative and much more fun way to play the game with friends!

But the big issue is that Kabam didnt make it what community wanted it to be.

Dungeons had exceeded chance to be much more fun alternative to arenas. With decent time requirement and actually reward players skill with having to spend less time achieving the goal. Rewards should be much more significant.

Instead what we got is something utterly impractical that offers a lot if of fun but extremely little reward for time investment. What kabam essentially has done with dungeons is made it a testing ground for new nodes we are likely to see in future content.

With better rewards this could have potentially been the game rejuvenating new content we all so desperately have been waiting for, instead we get to be their test bunnys, and as fun as it is, it will get old really fast
  • Aba_121Aba_121 Posts: 2
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    3kxd8mcqo28w.jpeg
    Saw this on YouTube, an example of the 5* crystal. Just out of curiosity, what is the absolute max value of Dark artefacts one can obtain over the whole event, 27k seems like a lot for a crystal. What’s the max per day and max over the whole event?

Also, is there actually a max on how many of each crystal I can purchase? For example if I wanted to get star Lord really bad, would I be able to buy 2 of these crystals for 54k shards or is it only 1 available?

27k is a lot, but if you're able to hit every milestones every day, you should be able to get 3 of the 5-Star Crystals. You are able to purchase the crystal multiple times, so you could theoretically buy the same Crystal 3 times.

You did remind me of something important that I should probably call out. Notice that the Champions in the Top Prizes are blue. The crystals contain Basic Champions. Duplicating them will only give 1 Signature level, and no Shards, etc.

If the top milestines bring your total to 1950, and there is only 14 days that's not even 28k where are you coming up with the "buy the same crystal 3 times"?

And if the people that are 5300 are getting merged into the higher bracket 4 days into the event and can't get close to the 27k, how do they get a 5 star?

Where is this math coming from?

And if you tell everyone they can get 3 by hitting all the milestones, a person could decide not to push on one single day and fall short of getting Just one crystal because they thought they could get 3 so missing one should still get that person 2, but back here in reality they won't get one?

@Kabam Miike What about those people who missed the last milestone the first 3 days, if we hit all milestones now on all days we will get a total of 80100 dark artifacts but we will be missing 900 to be able to get 3 of these 5 star crystals. Will we get compensated for these remaining artifacts. Even though we missed 1800 dark artifacts and also some infinity dust, but we only need 900 more artifacts to get 3 5star crystals... Thanks!
  • What is the purpose of releasing the 27,000 Dark Artifact 5* Crystals when we need couple of weeks to accumulate 27,000 of them? Seems like the 1st and 2nd week of 5* dark artifact crystals are a complete waste when they have a one week timer.
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    I had hopes of awakening a 5* but because my prestige is 50 points too low, I couldn’t even dream of it even if I get full dungeon points every day. Most i can hope to get is maybe some 4* sig levels on someone...
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    dungeons are laggy as hell, parry works with a slight delay, often a combo + a sp results in the opponent blocking it, pfff kabam seriously ?

Are you saying for all dungeons or are you referring to a specific number? Bc 5 you get points a lot quicker than 3.

But in general, yeah. As much fun as the dungeons are, it’s way too long. I am doing zero arena now bc of these things sucking up any free time I have.
  • NetNet Posts: 91
    I really like the idea that you can add other people to play with you together. There is a very great potential here.
    The main problem is time.
    It just takes too much time and it destroys all the fun.
    We can't spend an hour or two every day for 40+ days.
    It is very depressing and exhausting.

I think it should be optimized so that within 30 minutes to 45 minutes, anyone can get all the rewards.
    Beyond this time, it will simply disappoint everyone.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Time. This is my entire issue. I already spend tons of game time in War/AQ/Monthly/Arena(T1A/T4B). Now they have added the Titan event, and Dungeons. I like both and the concept is very cool...but wow does it take soooo much time.

Now before someone lectures me on time management or prioritization, I get it, I am an adult. I just wish there was a way for a person who lives a normal life (career/family/responsibilities) to acquire the top prizes in this game. Sadly, only those that can detach from life, or those without many outside responsibilities can reach that level.

I have been begging for Kabam to sell a 5* AG this entire year, yes year, and now that one is available, I have to pause EVERYTHING else in my life for an entire month to obtain it? C'mon! At very least, let us buy some dust near the end of this event to make those who have cash, but not time, have a shot too!
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Star_Lord_ wrote: »
    Time. This is my entire issue. I already spend tons of game time in War/AQ/Monthly/Arena(T1A/T4B). Now they have added the Titan event, and Dungeons. I like both and the concept is very cool...but wow does it take soooo much time.

Now before someone lectures me on time management or prioritization, I get it, I am an adult. I just wish there was a way for a person who lives a normal life (career/family/responsibilities) to acquire the top prizes in this game. Sadly, only those that can detach from life, or those without many outside responsibilities can reach that level.

I have been begging for Kabam to sell a 5* AG this entire year, yes year, and now that one is available, I have to pause EVERYTHING else in my life for an entire month to obtain it? C'mon! At very least, let us buy some dust near the end of this event to make those who have cash, but not time, have a shot too!

Not that it fixes everything, because I do agree with you, but to provide some hope - I think somewhere miike said the max dust we can accumulate is around 9 mil. Here's to hoping we can get the dust for the awakening just from events.
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    Worst event ever! Takes too much time and it's not fun at all.
  • blindside493blindside493 Posts: 51
    @Kabam Miike any update you can provide on compensating back rewards for the player that Kabam has admitted were placed incorrectly?
    As another point of feedback, thanks for getting the in game chat working. It makes the mode much more fun and efficient. I do think, however, the points are a little intense. It's a very steep grind to grab the 7500 points, but in the end it's each player who determines how much they want to put into it. Maybe if this comes back, there could be a "gamble" option, as to try and increase point total in one more fight after concluding. But I do think this is a fun game mode.
  • Dj_mphDj_mph Posts: 72
    When do these end or are they a permanent part of the game now?
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    I’m a fan of dungeons and would like to see this aspect become a permanent feature in the game, with a few tweaks. Specifically, the length of time needed for milestones.

One suggestion is to make weekly milestones of 53.5k. Essentially the seven days of 7500.

This would allow players to knock out a dungeon here and there during the week and not every day.