**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Game getting overwhelming?

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,191 ★★★★
    Again i am going to say this! It would rejuvinate things around here if once in a while you got something, (in game not as a kabam gift) that you have to build in bits and pieces from grinding, complete! It would be nice to have some of the things we have to grind endlessly for drop from an ambush or come out of a chest..."oh look! I don't have to geind through this or that to get this now! I can take a break!" Disimination fairly and reasonably seems to be a real challenge for these guys. So yeah! No one is forcing us to but you gotta grind this for an alpha, and that for a t4cc shard crystal, and the other thing for gold...they habe so compartmentalized items, (at the top tier, in specific events) that it really is about moving up of falling behind very quickly. You might be at the top of the arena and come back to find 10 million has been added above the arenas you left behind...you become less competitive very quickly here if you don't "collect."
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Maybe if we keep emphasizing that this is PRIMARILY a fighting game, and not an MMORPG, the devs will start to focus on the fighting part more as opposed to all of this time consuming RPG type stuff. Their focus needs to shift a bit, this is not a turn based game, but the direction things are headed they might as well go ahead and turn it into a turn based game. Where you are spending most of the time farming resources and hoping for rare drops.

The burnout is real.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Kingsam wrote: »
    It's too much and for those saying don't do it all, then you clearly don't want to be at the top. The dungeons is a failed experiment.
    I think there are very few players who have the ambition to go to the top. Most simply want to surely but steadily advance in this game while maintaining a regular life. A game is meant to be relaxing, not a job on its own. But if you hold back players because they don't have the time to play this game for hours a day, then there is an issue.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    You said "have to" and "requirements". Maybe you should look up what words mean before you use them? Hopefully this will help you when trying to explain your opinions without looking foolish.
    I said "have to" and "requirements" in the context of gaining the rewards needed to progress in the game. This how the game is designed, if you want to advance. I never said anything about anyone forcing me or feeling like I had no choice. It appears you should take your own advice, since many words can have different implications depending on their context. Why does it seem that those who argue the most comprehend the least?

Anyway, getting back on topic, I have been having to grind more and more in the arenas to keep up with the gold requirements. The dungeons did little to help with this. It is really burning me out. It is making me want to play the game less each day, not enticing me to play more, and certainly not making me want to spend any money on it.
  • Dj_mphDj_mph Posts: 72
    The biggest problem now is this. We have alliances so we can work together in AQ and AW and the solo events to keep building our own rosters. But there is too much content and everyone is now wanting to play dungeons and is forgetting about AQ. I think the dungeons should be active when AQ ends. It’s to much or maybe increase the alliance size to 36 so we can have the backups needed to completed the Full alliance events like AQ. I don’t know, it’s been a pain seeing people not move in AQ but asking everyone to join a dungeon.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Some will find the game overwhelming with things to do, some will find it underwhelming. Everyone spends different amounts of time on this game so it’s hard to find a balance to satisfy all. If you find it overwhelming then you don’t have to do all the events. You might missing out on the 5-star awakening gem (if that’s what you were going for) but that’s the best reward they’ve ever released for a side quest and if you grind it out for the month you’ll get an awesome reward. If not, you can still pick up other goodies like t4b, t1a, 5* shard, etc from the store. While you might feel overwhelmed, I bet there are others excited there is finally more content to do in the game.
  • HosemaniaHosemania Posts: 18
    I agree. The game is too long. You always have to wait for energy for aq or regular quest. It feels like the game is dying since so many people are quitting or going to a semi retired alliance. With all the shortages in the game for t1a, T2a, T4b, T5b the game stalls since you can’t rank up the champs you want. It took 3 years for everyone to have 1 maxed 5* and most of us are still stuck with just 1. I won’t sell my soul to buy stuff that should be readily available. T1a package is just insulting. No one ranks 4*s anymore since it will cost them resources to rank a 5*. 6*s came out and there is no upgrade path to get them past R2. Most of us will not wait another 3 years to max out 6*s so there comes a point where the game just doesn’t have the same luster. The game got stale and with the new Aw season with harder nodes, you really have to take a look in the mirror to see if the game is really worth it.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    docu3 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is the game overwhelming right now? [...] the bottom line is I play this much because I enjoy the game. [...] . There are so many things I want to do, [...]But, isn't this content created with the expectation that we want to do it all? It starts to feel like, if I can't play the game the way I want, why bother at all. It's not about difficulty. It's about opportunity.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

You are not the only one that feels that way. But that don't make it right or logical.

Just because they are people who believe that Arabic numerals aren't real or that the Earth is flat don't make their "views" right.

Do you know what the alternative to adding new enjoyable content is?

Well, there are three possibilities:

(a) Kabam can add new content that you don't like at all,
    (b) Kabam can stop creating any new enoyable content (besides new heroes and monthly quests) or
    (c) Kabam replaces existing content with the new.

With (a), the game would soon develop a reputation of being a complete waste of time.

With (b), it means people don't want change. That is fine, but those same lame losers will complain about how boring everything else.

With (c), there would be ample opportunity for players to cry all day and night of content that disappeared and thus rewards that they will never get. Over time, these "limited timed" events would be viewed as money grabs.

But here's the secret, it has nothing to do with content.

It is about the lack of self-control and succumbing to peer pressure.

Every day, people have the option of going out with buddies at a local drinking establishment, going to the movies, working out at the gym, eating dinner at a restaurant, hanging out at a park, sailing, moutain climbing, playing basketball/football, etc, etc. It should be obvious that they can't do all that every day, even if they have all the money in the world. So they pick and choose.

I have yet to meet anyone who whines all day and night that there's not enough hours in the day to do mountain climbing.

Pick and choose the game mode/content you want to play. It is that simple.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    One option that seems to be overlooked in regards to new content is that they are adding *more* things to do instead of simply replacing existing content with new. With adding more stuff, it does become overwhelming trying to keep track of all the moving parts of the game. Too much to manage leads to a game becoming a job instead of being for fun.

Why do the current set of "original" quests have to remain when new content is developed? Why not make the new quests so they provide what we need to grow instead of adding more currencies?

Keep it simple. We need gold, ISO, Cats and champ crystals to grow. Adding things like Dark artifacts, rift shards, infinity dust, glory, and loyalty only convolute things. Honestly, even Battle Chips can be eliminated. Leave Units in place as a means to buy the discretionary items we want.

After every fight, quest path, and quest exploration just reward the gold, ISO, cats, units and/or champ crystal shards we need. Create new and unique things to do, but don't complicate it with *more* stuff.
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    A lot of players have quit and more are thinking of quitting. Kabam, you need to allow more players get the champs in arenas. If you allow 50% of the players get the champ in arenas more will play. It’s so time consuming now over half the player base have given up.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    DrVD99 wrote: »
    A lot of players have quit and more are thinking of quitting. Kabam, you need to allow more players get the champs in arenas. If you allow 50% of the players get the champ in arenas more will play. It’s so time consuming now over half the player base have given up.

That's honestly ridiculous. First of all, it takes far less effort to get any of the champions in the arena than in the past. The only super high effort champion is the 5* featured, and that's a new arena that has no previous history of effort. The 4* featured and 4* basic champs take less then half the effort they used to take, partially due to lower cutoff scores and partially due to the average arena grinder scoring more points now than in the past.

The top 50% in the 4* featured arena is probably scoring around one million points now. If you believe that's the level of effort it should take to get the 4* featured champion, well, you're entitled to your opinion, but that's not going to happen. You might as well ask for Kabam to simply give the champions away as a calendar reward. Both are equally unlikely.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    You have to complete everything or you can’t progress.

Have to? Nope.
    You have to do arenas constantly to get any decent amount of gold

Have to? Nope.
    The excessive grinding requirements are sucking the fun out of the game.

Who is requiring you to grind? If the answer is yourself, then it's your fault and not Kabam's.
    You took what I said out of context. Your comments are invalid and not constructive.
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    You have to complete everything or you can’t progress.

Have to? Nope.
    You have to do arenas constantly to get any decent amount of gold

Have to? Nope.
    The excessive grinding requirements are sucking the fun out of the game.

Who is requiring you to grind? If the answer is yourself, then it's your fault and not Kabam's.
    You took what I said out of context. Your comments are invalid and not constructive.

Event quests alone give you plenty of resources to progress. I don’t grind arena or dungeons, and somehow I’m fine. This game punishes the impatient.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    there is a lot of content now to keep us busy which is nice. BUT not updating the rewards to match where the game is now makes it not worth wild. with dungeons, arena, aq, aw and eq plus ally milestones its a little much to keep up but at least theres something always to do.

they just NEED TO UP ALL REWARDS
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    There's literally everything available but 6*s and T5B. What more could they update?
  • docu3docu3 Posts: 18
    I am enjoying reading all the perspectives, and I think there are some good points raised on both the potentially problematic end and the "get over it" end. @VandalSavage in the end, you are right - this is a case of self-control and being OK with doing what feels comfortable. I don't know about equating someones feelings about an experience that a company is hoping people will spend money on to believing the Earth is flat though. Those misbeliefs don't effect anything in the end. Frustrations with the game, well-founded or not, can still lead the game to a financial collapse if not addressed.

In this case I don't think the problem is too much content, but rather too much simultaneous content. It isn't uncommon to get monthly quests, special events, etc... What is odd is to have so many happening at the same time. I think Kabam could have planned this out alot better by ending the April event quest and rifts sooner with a shorter open time and less energy required.

I have come off the cliff though, and in part doing exactly what Vandal and others suggested - letting go. I'm just pretty much ignoring dungeons unless a friend asks me for help and I have the time. I am finding it the part of the game I am enjoying the least (redundant and overly time-consuming), so I am just not going out of my way to play. The opportunity to play live with friends is very cool. Just missed the mark on execution IMO.

• ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Dungeons are a real grind. I do not think anyone can legitimately dispute that. Many will stop playing them altogether. However, you should play them if you want to keep up.

The rewards in this game are scaled very poorly compared to effort put in. The only exceptions currently are Uncollected monthly, Thanos Trials and these dungeons. All other events, including arena, have poor to trash rewards compared to effort put in. Thus you should do dungeons despite the awful grind.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    To progress you have to rank up your champs, to rank them up you need lots of resources and gold is one of them and to earn gold you HAVE TO grind arenas. simple as that.

I don't grind arena and yet I was able to upgrade three 4* 3/30 to 4/40 and bring a new 4* to 3/30 in the last week. All using gold earned from content outside arenas - mainly EQ. Your statement is just false.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    You are talking about 4* at rank 3. You have no idea what is to come. There are 2 more stars to go, and the cost increases exponentially.

Gold is just one of many factors making this game not worth the time, effort or spending. I’m done.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    For me, it's not the amount of content available...it's the amount of content that has to be done around other people's schedules.

I'm fine with a lot of things to do in the game, if you're able to do them at your own pace. Sometimes I get home from work early with no plans and can sit on the game for like 5 hours knocking out a lot of stuff. Sometimes I have a busy workday and plans afterward and don't feel like logging into the game every couple of hours to knock out paths in aq and war.

I've posted on this before, but I do wish this game had a more viable route to progression through just solo content. The game/gameplay itself is great. Having to log in every few hours to accommodate 9 other, or 29 other schedules is a chore. I already have a place I have to be regularly every day, it's called work.

I'm fine with all of the content in game now, if it were only able to be done alone. When I have time and feel like playing, I can knock out a bunch. When I don't, I don't have to log in at all, or very minimally. But having to log in every few hours for aq, war, dungeons every single day....and add in communicating on line to see when others can log in/when you'll be logging in...it's just exhausting.

Tying the game so much to other people's time/schedules is my biggest problem with MCOC. I've left my alliance to join a solo focused alliance because of it, and it's great. It's just too bad there's not a more robust solo aspect to the game.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Rednick69 wrote: »
    Omni wrote: »
    Rednick69 wrote: »
    Just don't do it all. This is what separates you from the top.

This statement is far from the truth.

Explain.

Just because you do more of something doesnt mean you're a top alliance/player it just means you have less going on in your life. I am in a stronger war/aq alliance than i was a couple months ago but we dont max out milestones on all events like my old alliance....
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    Once again, another complaint because there's "too much content." If you want a particular reward in the game, you need to put either time or money into it, that has been the case since day one. If you don't want to gain a new featured champ, then don't buy featured crystals or grind featured arena. If you do want that champ, then you know what you need to do to get them. Same thing with the current events. If you don't put in the time in a certain aspect of the game you shouldn't receive the rewards. If you consider certain content to be too time consuming for you and you don't want to complete it, then don't expect the same rewards as someone who puts in the time.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    More like underwhelming
  • AnimatronicstoAnimatronicsto Posts: 194
    docu3 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is the game overwhelming right now? I have been playing since the beginning, and play far more hours per day than I probably should, because I enjoy it. Sure, I get frustrated by stuff like lag times, or when game content gets changed in a way I don't like, but the bottom line is I play this much because I enjoy the game.

At least, I have.

This past week, I just find myself getting burnt-out and frustrated. Not because I don't enjoy the content - just the opposite. There are so many things I want to do, and I feel I need to do in order to keep up with the progression of the rest of the community, but I can't. AQ, war, rifts, story quest, event quest, special challenge, dungeons, trials... and most of them requiring significant energy input. I find myself getting burnt-out from trying to do everything and frustrated that I can't do what I want because there is not enough time in the day. Granted, I am mostly a free-to-play player, so I may not be the target for Kabam, but it is disappointing. I understand the timing of the film necessitated them starring some of these things earlier to coincide, but I feel they could have just made the April events end earlier in the month and just cut the required energy for each map so there is not so much overlap right now. I get that the quick response is "you don't have to do it all - it's a choice." But, isn't this content created with the expectation that we want to do it all? It starts to feel like, if I can't play the game the way I want, why bother at all. It's not about difficulty. It's about opportunity.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

I comoletely agree. I don’t like how you have to do the infinity dungeon every day. Make it like arena or maybe like a weekly thing
  • ACIDUCKACIDUCK Posts: 64
    im thinking of throwing the towel in as well...... For players like me, it just doesnt make sense having to do every difficulty to get certain things and with dungeons being so overwhelming already before the month even started, then to have to think about this event quest trend now that is taking up literally all the time in the world, i just dont think its worth the effort. At this point of the game to add all this stuff at once is absurd for the energy amount as well, so many people are finding it difficult to dedicate their everyday’s hourrs unto losing sleep for this 5* awakening gem, they should really just give to everyone for free at this point man. This game is loww key taking a huge dump and its my birthday month also im not trying to grind no dungeons on my birthday, trust me. I feel lile we’re all being trolled hard at this point
    needless to mention the pileage of alliance stuff on top...... If you’re reading this, plz fix this game or RIP... its really a great game thats dying very fast for everyone which is heartbreaking
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    The game is not dying. People just have to decide how to invest their energy wisely. Decide what's most important and let the rest go. If we try to do everything all at once, we run the risk of burning out.
    yeah well whats most important costs everything.