**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to know if one of my alliance members is a hacker or doing the "piloting" violation?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    This obviously is a serious situation that's been created, which is a good thing based on the intentions, but if my interpretation is correct of the explanation for action against violations, it's bad because of the negative ripple effect it has on the rest of an alliance that may be innocent of any wrongdoings.
    Unclear as to whether or not an entire ally roster is considered to be "all individuals involved" and will all get banned upon a 2nd violation...... But war rating going down affects each member, so IMO, its almost looking like the answer might be yes.
    IMO, I think the level of urgency on a matter such as this warrants a visit from a moderator. Similar "response silence" is one of my main greivances about this forum and how its being managed, especially when its been stated numerous times that transparency and communication is right up there with other priorities.

In the event an answer cannot be given, something is being worked on, or everyone is out for the day, does it really take 24hrs or more just to respond "we hear your concerns folks, please hang tight as we try to work out the details"(before you all leave for the day if that happens to be the case)?
  • Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    I am 100% for this happening due to the excessive amount of piloting that had been going on. I've noticed a significantly more balanced war since the email went out about the crackdown.

I do agree it should be pointed out which players participated. However this could lead to a closer idea on how it is being enforced which can lead players to try to find ways around it.

I don't back Kabam in many cases but I agree with them here.

Upside is you can now use this as a chance to crush lower alliances in the next few wars :hushed:
  • Options
    Em101Em101 Posts: 12
    p4t4035qwcbj.jpg

we got the same thing...I need to know who violated in my alliance as I dont want it to happen again.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    BigTime wrote: »
    I am 100% for this happening due to the excessive amount of piloting that had been going on. I've noticed a significantly more balanced war since the email went out about the crackdown.

I do agree it should be pointed out which players participated. However this could lead to a closer idea on how it is being enforced which can lead players to try to find ways around it.

Upside is you can now use this as a chance to crush lower alliances in the next few wars :hushed:

IMO, I don't think there are many that would disagree that this "crackdown" isn't a good thing. I for one am for it as much as you are.

The issue is the fact that there's no sensible way for an ally to remedy the problem if they haven't any idea as to who it could be, and it is quite possible the ones who were caught could easily decide to think "Screw it, I dont care", and continue on jeapordizing the rest of the alliance from progressing(as evident from the implemented rating drop), and possible ban from the game(still need clarification on the "all those involved" statement).

And going forward, how does an ally recruit members and protect itself from getting into a situation like this without having any idea as to who it is "piloting" or using mods? I think OP suggested why not Kabam take it upon themselves to temporarily ban the player once its been discovered. Which is not a bad idea, since they are the ones handing down the penalties, why not also help to alleviate the problem rather than create more issues that extend from it? I personally have enough to deal with about the game(really not that much, which is the way it should be) and truthfully would not welcome any possiblities of having unnecessary issues being added.
  • Options
    AtrushkaAtrushka Posts: 24
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Atrushka wrote: »
    DaMunk wrote: »
    EB54 wrote: »
    How do you spot a cheater? Not loosing health or something? We win as many as we loose so our alliance as a whole isn’t cheating and our rank wasn’t even very high.

Unfortunately you have to watch war very closely to spot them. They will not lose health when they should have or win fights very quickly that should take longer, taking on linked nodes that should kill them. If you aren't looking for it you'll probably just think they are good.

I'll keep an eye out for that! Thank you :) But not losing health is common for high ranking players right? I mean my level is just at 30+ and sometimes I get to play with high ranking level 60 players in a dungeon. I click on them to see how a pro does their thing and that's when I noticed how most high ranking players don't lose health or maybe they use up potions or something. Therefore, it's still quite hard to tell sometimes specially if you have high ranking players in your alliance. So to those level 60 players, I hope you can shed some light on this... can you guys really fight off nodes without losing health, is it possible if you're a level 60 player? Or is it another clear way of knowing a cheater from a an honest player?

It's not uncommon for a good player not to lose health, but certain nodes and opponents will cost health regardless. If you see someone fighting a duped Magik or an Electro with Captain America and don't lose health there's a problem or fighting on a bleed node without a bleed immune champ and not losing health. You are right though it can be very hard to tell though especially when you are still learning. Sometimes it's very difficult to spot and other times it's very easy.

I have been keeping an eye out for them ever since the first deflation. But I must admit, it is pretty hard to spot. Specially that my level isn't at par with some of my alliance members who're at 55+ already. But either way, this really helped me have a clearer view as to how my members operate specially during the war. So far, KABAM hasn't replied to us or this thread so I'm sticking with being observant and trying to make the hacker leave my alliance. I just wish this gets addressed ASAP, I'm seriously stressing out. My members are starting to go ape on the deflation as well. But as always, thank you for your help and input regarding our concern DaMunk :) Really appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Hey my alliance is affected too !!!! It’s not fair at all kabam please give us a satisfying answer !!!!!

I see you're on the same boat :(( Yes, I do hope KABAM responds soon enough. This is affecting more people than it should. I mean, the main priority is to balance out the playing field for the war and I support and respect that, but I didn't know it was gonna be like this at all. The whole alliance is being punished and penalized for a doing of one or two hackers inside the alliance. How do we know which ones are the lazy bums hacking the game if you won't drop their names? We can't all be masters of the mystic arts to figure it out on our own :( Also, thank you for sharing your input and concern about this issue! Let's hope this gets addressed ASAP
  • Options
    WOK wrote: »
    This obviously is a serious situation that's been created, which is a good thing based on the intentions, but if my interpretation is correct of the explanation for action against violations, it's bad because of the negative ripple effect it has on the rest of an alliance that may be innocent of any wrongdoings.
    Unclear as to whether or not an entire ally roster is considered to be "all individuals involved" and will all get banned upon a 2nd violation...... But war rating going down affects each member, so IMO, its almost looking like the answer might be yes.
    IMO, I think the level of urgency on a matter such as this warrants a visit from a moderator. Similar "response silence" is one of my main greivances about this forum and how its being managed, especially when its been stated numerous times that transparency and communication is right up there with other priorities.

In the event an answer cannot be given, something is being worked on, or everyone is out for the day, does it really take 24hrs or more just to respond "we hear your concerns folks, please hang tight as we try to work out the details"(before you all leave for the day if that happens to be the case)?

It's quite sad to actually see a lot of other players experiencing the same situation as I am but this only makes me feel like KABAM should already be taking action on this and responding to our concerns. Like much of the previous posts by the other players who share the same sentiments as I, it's quite unfair for the while alliance to experience the deflation. I mean, I get it, it's a way to even things out and to make sure that what we have is an honest playin field during war. I support this cause honestly, I don't think anyone would want to be cheated on specially now that the Season 2 of the alliance war has begun. But we're talking about 1 or 2 hackers\"pilots" inside an alliance, I'm thinking... how is it fair for the remaining 28 or 29 players to suffer the same consequences due to the actions of one or two scums who cheats their way to victory? I'm telling you it's not fair at all. Specially due to the fact that all we got was an email saying you have an alliance member or two violating the terms and conditions of the alliance war, without even dropping their names. What can we do then? I know we can start asking the alliance to own up and admit if it's them or what not but what if the cheater doesn't own up? We could also disband the alliance or kick out everyone in it but is this really the only way to go? KABAM has identified your alliance as one that contains a cheater in it, so why not just please kick them out of the alliance or ban them. If dropping names or marking them out isn't your thing then just please remove them yourselves. All were asking is for transparency regarding this matter. Thank you for sharing our thoughts regarding this matter WOK :))
  • Options

Yes, definitely! This whole idea of making the playing field an equal and even ground is all we want but the thing is, the way in which they're doing it is creating another issue. And that issue is making the innocent alliance members suffer the same consequences as those lazy bums who cheat their way through the game. It's just not fair. I mean, like I said on my aforementioned posts, I won't just stand around watching half of my alliance war rating cease to exist :(

Thank you for your input and thoughts regarding this matter!! I do hope KABAM will take action ASAP
  • Options
    Em101 wrote: »
    p4t4035qwcbj.jpg

we got the same thing...I need to know who violated in my alliance as I dont want it to happen again.

This is exactly the same message the rest of us got as well. And this is actually the same concern and complaint that all of us here are trying to put out to KABAM. I just would be so glad to be able to know who the hackers or cheaters are so that we can put this whole fiasco behind us. Telling us that someone violated the terms isn't enough, KABAM you need to drop the names and ban the players if you have to. Cause I don't want the rest of the alliance to suffer :( It's just not fair.

Thank you for your input regarding this matter :))
  • Options
    WOK wrote: »

IMO, I don't think there are many that would disagree that this "crackdown" isn't a good thing. I for one am for it as much as you are.

The issue is the fact that there's no sensible way for an ally to remedy the problem if they haven't any idea as to who it could be, and it is quite possible the ones who were caught could easily decide to think "Screw it, I dont care", and continue on jeapordizing the rest of the alliance from progressing(as evident from the implemented rating drop), and possible ban from the game(still need clarification on the "all those involved" statement).

And going forward, how does an ally recruit members and protect itself from getting into a situation like this without having any idea as to who it is "piloting" or using mods? I think OP suggested why not Kabam take it upon themselves to temporarily ban the player once its been discovered. Which is not a bad idea, since they are the ones handing down the penalties, why not also help to alleviate the problem rather than create more issues that extend from it? I personally have enough to deal with about the game(really not that much, which is the way it should be) and truthfully would not welcome any possiblities of having unnecessary issues being added.

Gosh thank you for this!! This basically contains most of my aforementioned complaints regarding the issue on hackers and cheaters and "pilots". Just please let us have the opportunity to do something about the problem. Don't just tell us that there is a problem regarding violations but tell us who did it so we can take action. Otherwise, if you won't be dropping names, then please do kick the players yourselves or ban them so that we know who needs to be kicked out our alliance. We're willing to help make the wars as even as possible but please help us as well. Don't just hurt the whole alliance with this mass deflation on the war ratings. Tell us who's at fault and we will gladly kick them out ourselves.

And again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and contributing to this post WOK :))
  • Options
    Dear KABAM,

If dropping names and informing us isn't your thing then please be like the Mad Titan and "do it yourself" I mean, I'm pretty sure that you can kick them out of the alliance or ban them yourselves if you really wanted to. Please help us all out, it's so frustrating to just suddenly see your rating go down like that and being so helpless and unable to do anything about it. This isn't the "snap" where half of all alliance ratings will cease to exist. This is just some nameless cheater who needs to be revealed and kicked out.

Sincerely,
    Me (Atrushka)
    Along with every single player experiencing the same thing and sharing the same complaint and sentiment as I am :((
  • Options
    There still isn't any update on Kabam's part. This is so frustrating and disappointing all at the same time. Transparency? Where is that, I really had high expectations regarding your ability to resolve issues like this, but instead I get the silent treatment. We only ask that you start dropping names of those violating the terms and conditions and not penalize the whole alliance just for the wrong doings of a cheater or two. We will happily kick and report the said violators but please help us out by identifying them. This has become a serious matter and it doesn't only concern me and my alliance, but it concerns all the other players who share the same sentiment as I do.
  • Options
    Angry am I kabam not answering our complaints
  • Options
    9i567g0p4csk.png
  • Options
    Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Kabam should notify you by mail if there is piloting.
  • Options
    Angry am I kabam not answering our complaints

It seems as though that we're gonna be sitting ducks while waiting for Kabam's response and for them to take action to fix this. Personally, I just feel so disappointed at how things are going, specially if there is no way to identify the cheater\hacker inside our own alliance. We aren't masters of the mystic arts to guess and read minds in order to kick the offender out. We need names. We need you to drop names KABAM. It's been like what? Almost 3 days of silence regarding this issue. I see a lot of other people posting about the lack of names when you sent those emails​ regarding the alliance rating deflation. What do you expect us to do then? We are willing to comply as long as you help us to. Drop the names. We need a response ASAP.
  • Options
    9i567g0p4csk.png

Exactly!! This is what they send us but thet won't send us who EXACTLY violated the terms and conditions. How are we suppose to take action? How is it fair for the whole alliance to suffer the consequences when in reality, only 1 or 2 cheaters are at fault. I get it, they're in our alliance but now that we've all been punished and it has been brought to our attention, wouldn't it make sense for you (KABAM) to actually DROP THE NAMES of those who violated? It would spare us the guessing game. And believe me, we will kick them out. I doubt someone in his right mind would keep a scumbag cheater around knowing that their rating will keep on going down as long as the cheater is there. We just need to know who they are.

I won't just stand around and do nothing about the filth that's cheating inside our alliance while watching more than half of my alliance rating cease to exist.
  • Options
    Hey everyone, it has always been part of our privacy policy to not disclose the outcome of any investigations which we carry out or the names of any offending players. We have also stated many times that discussing how we choose to punish cheating players and/or their Alliance for behavior which breaks our Terms of Service is not something which is up for discussion in these Forums. If you would like more information on how we deal with cheating players, you can find it HERE.
This discussion has been closed.