**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Question on Parry?

Hi everyone. Recently, I have been hearing about people using parry and saying that it is really good, even going as far as saying its essential to playing. I understand that it needs like 3 Stony Mastery Core etc, and that it can stun, but I don't know if I should wait until I get to level 60 or something to do that. It needs a ton of Units (which I use for energy).

I really focus on event quests and story quests.

I am just really looking for insight or opinion. I don't want to do it unless I know for sure that it is worth my saving.

Comments

• BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    worth saving
  • PandoraFlamePandoraFlame Posts: 110
    worth saving

But why?
  • JayProngsJayProngs Posts: 44
    Parry is one of the essential mastery which will help you alot with stun able champs. So go with it. Learn how to parry. You'll never regret
    JayProngs wrote: »
    Parry is one of the essential mastery which will help you alot with stun able champs. So go with it. Learn how to parry. You'll never regret

I'm just not quite sure how it works. I did some research, but that just really confused me even more. Would it be better if I waited and worked on it once I got to a higher level?
  • BlacksparkBlackspark Posts: 24
    edited May 2018
    Yes, it's absolutely worth it!. Don't wait until you're at a higher level; the sooner, the better.the ability to stun on well timed blocks allows you to build up your combo much more easily
    Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
  • dfmoore26dfmoore26 Posts: 94
    If you accurately time your block, you will take reduced block damage (I'm pretty sure) and it will stun your opponent for a short amount of time.. This will stop their attack and allow you to freely use a heavy attack or a 5 hit combo or any attack combo you want basically.. It is a big help it moving through content
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Parry is a game changer. It should almost be a built-in mechanic instead of a mastery. All it takes is a little practice on the timing. It is better to learn it now.
    Parry is a game changer. It should almost be a built-in mechanic instead of a mastery. All it takes is a little practice on the timing. It is better to learn it now.

Is it a huge change? Or is it something similar to auto-block?
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    edited May 2018
    Parry and dexterity are one of the game changer for me, if you have major concern, just put both in 1 point will do.

Parry: block at the right time, stun opponent, do a 5 hit combos. On top, higher level parry reduce damage received, sometimes in story or all other modes, u just need to keep your champ hp high to clear the map.

Dex: allow you to dodge back (evade) when enemy whack you, main reason is to enable you to evade special attacks, every special attacks have their own timing, you can evade most of the sp1 and sp2 (even iron man or ultron Beams), no chance for you to evade sp3. On top, it enhance the chance to land a critz.

Usually, the recommendation will be 3lv parry, 1lv dex.

It does help me, hope this helps you.
    dfmoore26 wrote: »
    If you accurately time your block, you will take reduced block damage (I'm pretty sure) and it will stun your opponent for a short amount of time.. This will stop their attack and allow you to freely use a heavy attack or a 5 hit combo or any attack combo you want basically.. It is a big help it moving through content

That does seem pretty convenient; Might have just swayed me
    edited May 2018
    Parry and dexterity are one of the game changer for me, if you have major concern, just put both in 1 point will do.

Parry: block at the right time, stun opponent, do a 5 hit combos. On top, higher level parry reduce damage received, sometimes in story or all other modes, u just need to keep your champ hp high to clear the map.

Dex: allow you to dodge back (evade) when enemy whack you, main reason is to enable you to evade special attacks, every special attacks have their own timing, you can evade most of the sp1 and sp2 (even iron man or ultron Beams), no chance for you to evade sp3. On top, it enhance the chance to land a critz.

That sounds awesome. I think I'll be saving up my units now, because that seems like it could really help. Would it make a difference on getting past Heroic?
    Blackspark wrote: »
    Yes, it's absolutely worth it!. Don't wait until you're at a higher level; the sooner, the better.the ability to stun on well timed blocks allows you to build up your conbo much more easily

Sounds good, thank you!
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★

Parry: block at the right time, stun opponent, do a 5hit combos. On top, higher level parry reduce damage received, sometimes in story or all other modes, u just need to keep your champ hp high to clear the map.

That sounds awesome. I think I'll be saving up my units now, because that seems like it could really help. Would it make a difference on getting past Heroic?

It would,Heck,It would make a difference in all content!

Parry: block at the right time, stun opponent, do a 5hit combos. On top, higher level parry reduce damage received, sometimes in story or all other modes, u just need to keep your champ hp high to clear the map.

You sound pretty confident lol. I am working on saving as we speak. Now I'm pretty excited to use it :-)
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★

You sound pretty confident lol. I am working on saving as we speak. Now I'm pretty excited to use it :-)

Parry and dexterityare two must haves when you start (I admit I got Dex and Parry sometime last year,All the other months of my account,I didn't know they existed back then,Was a noob

Also,Check out DorkLessons On his How to series,mainly,after acquiring dexterity and parry:
    How to Parry
    How To Evade
    These are for when you get deeper in the game How to:Intercept,Fight stun immune and maybe some of his champ specific tutorials.

Parry and dexterityare two must haves when you start (I admit I got Dex and Parry sometime last year,All the other months of my account,I didn't know they existed back then,Was a noob

Also,Check out DorkLessons On his How to series,mainly,after acquiring dexterity and parry:
    How to Parry
    How To Evade
    These are for when you get deeper in the game How to:Intercept,Fight stun immune and maybe some of his champ specific tutorials.

Okay, sounds good!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    You need one point in dexterity and try to max parry and stupefy. Parry is the way to go. If you time a block right, you don’t have to risk getting intercepted by an enemy. Plus it allows you to use a heavy
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    dfmoore26 wrote: »

Correct. Parry is essential to moving the fight and to chaining combos. Plus, on parrying, you take reduced block damage, and when you have block resistance maxed out like me, you can party a person with 4k attack and take 68 damge. You should focus on getting parry and dexterity first, the work on cruelty and precision.
  • RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    If explanation from us isn’t enough to make your brain hammer it in then this link will be really helpful that shows you a YouTube video what parry is and how to use it. The explanation is very detailed with slow-motion step by step so you’re not getting confused. Happy viewing :)