**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam dropping the hammer, and it feels soooooo good.

Comments

• rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    I'm so happy....we are just moving up the ranks just like that....play fair!!!!!
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Why is there so many alliances in Gold 1
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Riegel wrote: »
    Well if you don't actually play the game then yea, or you could learn to play your own account.

Why do that if you have a Credit Card???? Oh, yeah, because you need skill for Wars now, lol.

Kids😏
    Must be hard if you don’t have money and can’t buy items for better account .

• This is a very good day. Just gonna leisurely scroll thru chats and enjoy. Good job, kabam. Don't let this be a 1 time thing pls.
  • Welp. I just saw an email from support that said kabam is "aware of the problems with war ratings" and a fix is incoming. And if that's what this was, it just ruined a wonderful day and I'll have to take back all my kudos for doing things right that I mentioned.

I'm hoping it was a single case, but kinda looks like we're back to square one
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Kudos where Kudos are due.

:+1:

m4t5qnjpx7ct.gif
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    Welp. I just saw an email from support that said kabam is "aware of the problems with war ratings" and a fix is incoming. And if that's what this was, it just ruined a wonderful day and I'll have to take back all my kudos for doing things right that I mentioned.

Pretty sure that is in regards to how it shows your in game name instead of your alliance's name when you check the rankings.
  • Namo10Namo10 Posts: 28
    It’s ridiculous, points get deducted but not added back to the alliance who was cheated against? @Kabam Miike

Apologies for naming an alliance but I was just trying to put a very straightforward case across.

You don’t even give us a chance to explain ourselves. Support responds with a default template. How do you expect us to fight for a rightful cause?
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    Welp. I just saw an email from support that said kabam is "aware of the problems with war ratings" and a fix is incoming. And if that's what this was, it just ruined a wonderful day and I'll have to take back all my kudos for doing things right that I mentioned.

Pretty sure that is in regards to how it shows your in game name instead of your alliance's name when you check the rankings.

That's possible i guess. There was another issue where another summoner checked my profile from his friends list and it showed me as 4 brackets down from what I should be. When he showed me, I asked him to go look again and I checked our alliance rank in the war tab. He saw one thing, I saw another. But then it refreshed and was ok.

My worry is the support mail says (not quoting or posting pic bc don't want this taken down) we understand there's a discrepancy in war rating and points. kabam is aware of this issue, it affected all alliances, and it will soon be fixed. All alliances will receive the fix when it is ready.

There's a possibility that mail is fake. Not saying it's real, not saying it is fake. But as much as I want to (and did) celebrate... There's a strong chance that none of this was about piloting. It would be very weird/apropos if they got something right thru a mistake tho lmao. I rly hope the mail is fake or talking about something else.

I was pretty happy that cheating was finally being addressed with more than words. I hope it sticks. But idk. The pilots and mercs are def having a good time with it tho. It's all back to "Kabam can't do anything about it" at this point.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I do understand their may be other limitations.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    1. Would like to know, what happens when a PILOTER or a person from a pilot allaince joins another alliance?
    what if people just allaince hop, sure if you didnt pilot and just moved to another allaince same goes for a person who did pilot?

where is the punishment just for the individual?

2.lowering the war rating alone make top allainces WIN alot more easier match's some weaker alliances, those top allainces are packing 2x r5 5*'s and a strong defense...

3. also those who got hit by this are already dancing in masters/plat1 rewards...why do they get to keep them?

4 i really think there should be more of a severe action taken as an alliance/individual
    there has been stories of 1 person piloting a whole 30 man allaince..

@Kabam Miike

my thread on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/8i86ms/kabam_throwing_down_the_hammer_to_piloting/
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    SKK65 wrote: »
    The calm before the storm.
    The storm being the top alliances getting salty towards Kabam.

“top”
  • Namo10Namo10 Posts: 28
    It makes no sense! @Riegel points should absolutely be reversed...I mean how is that possible, you punish the alliance that cheats but they one cheated against is just left cheated!! Wow I’m baffled and here I was thinking kabam taking some deserved action....
    Namo10 wrote: »
    It makes no sense! @Riegel points should absolutely be reversed...I mean how is that possible, you punish the alliance that cheats but they one cheated against is just left cheated!! Wow I’m baffled and here I was thinking kabam taking some deserved action....

Would like to see some temp bans.
    Would like to see anyone who has cheated unable to request a name change too.
  • ItempasItempas Posts: 57
    People keep saying "alliances" that cheat are getting what they deserve. When, in most cases with this war rating reduction, many people are suffering because of the selfish actions of a few, sometimes even one person. But because you face a piloting alliance or a mod alliance, you assume all who's suffered this penalty are all cheaters. You lose one war, which you'll probably get back by your next two wars, alliances that get the reduction drop several tiers and can take a minimum of two weeks to get their original rating back. I wonder who has it worse.
    Itempas wrote: »
    People keep saying "alliances" that cheat are getting what they deserve. When, in most cases with this war rating reduction, many people are suffering because of the selfish actions of a few, sometimes even one person. But because you face a piloting alliance or a mod alliance, you assume all who's suffered this penalty are all cheaters. You lose one war, which you'll probably get back by your next two wars, alliances that get the reduction drop several tiers and can take a minimum of two weeks to get their original rating back. I wonder who has it worse.

The victory bonus should be swapped over for sure. Seems like a black and white move to me.
    SKK65 wrote: »
    The calm before the storm.
    The storm being the top alliances getting salty towards Kabam.

Let them get salty:

p8atm5qszlc4.jpeg
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    So I'm actually curious, and really would like to know an answer to this. "HOW" do you know the cheating is going on. For example, did you strike a logarithm somewhere that didn't it? IP altering? I get the 'what' they're looking for, I'm just curious as to HOW it's being discovered. The main reason I ask is because, what stops anyone from saying Player 1 is cheating, Player 465 is cheating, etc. In all honestly it just looks like accusing with no proof. Is any 'Proof' being submitted to the alliance leaders?
  • GhostttGhosttt Posts: 61
    Kabam looks into it in many ways. One of which is when an alliance is reported they check the log in times and device IDs used as well as a few other tracking algorithms to verify if an ally is piloting. I’m in a Master ally. We don’t pilot. Famous for not actually. A few of our competitors have been and I know for a fact they have been as I’m friends with people across multiple top teams, it was just easier for them that way to not kick people who have been there for literally years and are all friends just because a skill based playlist came out and they want to stay top. However, I do agree personally piloting shouldn’t be aloud and everyone should have a fair shot. But that’s how. Also, their multiplier has dropped, and they won’t catch back up as fast because of it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Asmodeyus wrote: »
    So I'm actually curious, and really would like to know an answer to this. "HOW" do you know the cheating is going on. For example, did you strike a logarithm somewhere that didn't it? IP altering? I get the 'what' they're looking for, I'm just curious as to HOW it's being discovered. The main reason I ask is because, what stops anyone from saying Player 1 is cheating, Player 465 is cheating, etc. In all honestly it just looks like accusing with no proof. Is any 'Proof' being submitted to the alliance leaders?

I'm not sure why you would assume there's no proof just because you are not aware of the technical details of detecting piloting. I'm assuming you are not aware of the technical details because you mention "IP altering" which is not really a thing, but also because IP addresses are not involved in detecting piloting. If you gave your login details to your friend and he literally came over to your house and used your internet, if he logged into your account on his smartphone that is detectable as piloting. IP addresses are essentially irrelevant.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I'm not sure why you would assume there's no proof just because you are not aware of the technical details of detecting piloting. I'm assuming you are not aware of the technical details because you mention "IP altering" which is not really a thing, but also because IP addresses are not involved in detecting piloting. If you gave your login details to your friend and he literally came over to your house and used your internet, if he logged into your account on his smartphone that is detectable as piloting. IP addresses are essentially irrelevant.

@DNA3000 I have no idea how any of this works so I'm really just asking. How could they know in your scenario that you didn't just have two accounts that you used different devices for and then decided the hell with it and logged in to your alternate account from the other device?
  • Itay1234212Itay1234212 Posts: 62
    don't know what u are all talking abut, the alliances who drop raiting kabam is going to give them back because it was a bug, kabam is working on a fix for this, the only penalty for piloting was before season 2 started -300 points in raiting
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★

It’s not the first time you mentioned this and I’ve been meaning to pm you about it. My boyfriend and I both have one account (technically I have two but I haven’t used the second one in over a year, I just get logged into it after some crashes, maybe once a month). We both have the game on one device (used to be two, but we both removed it from our phones). He on a tablet, me on an ipad. Sometimes one of us is out of battery, we’re out for dinner and only brought one device (he has data on it, I only have wifi acces) and sometimes there is an android or apple exclusive deal that makes us use each others devices. We device share a lot. I also use his tablet data a lot when he turns on his hotspot. We don’t account share. I’ve never been afraid to get flagged for account sharing because we don’t, but we do share devices a lot and with what you’re saying, that might get flagged. Could you elaborate a bit more about how this works?
  • insanegleeinsaneglee Posts: 39
    edited May 2018
    So I'm actually curious, and really would like to know an answer to this. "HOW" do you know the cheating is going on. For example, did you strike a logarithm somewhere that didn't it? IP altering? I get the 'what' they're looking for, I'm just curious as to HW it's being discovered. The main reason I ask is because, what stops anyone from saying Player 1 is cheating, Player 465 is cheating, etc. In all honestly it just looks like accusing with no proof. Is any 'Proof' being submitted to the alliance leaders?

They are not checking IP. If you use your account in multiple devices or you have multiples accounts in more than one device, you in the group risk of the kabam Punish you.
    I have a alliance where all my accounts was mine (30 accounts) and I lost the points.
    I know that’s sounds absurd, but the modders (kabam miike and others) said in the recent past that have multiples accounts isn’t against the TOS and it wasn’t different that account sharing.
    After anyone said anything about me, remember what kabam said in the past and what they really did after that.
    So Why they just crate a mechanism with a time delay between login in diferent devices?
    Why they don’t check IPs?
    Whey they don’t said that multiples accounts is against the TOS and make it finally clear?

Not angry ou sad or more dasapoint with the punishment, maybe I deserve for simple follow what the modders said and not the community said.

I write to kabam support and they said that they can’t resolve my case in this time because they are analyzing too “too many cases”. The support sucks!

I’m just only waiting to be banned to quit this game forever. I just think It’s is better for me and my health and social life.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

@DNA3000 I have no idea how any of this works so I'm really just asking. How could they know in your scenario that you didn't just have two accounts that you used different devices for and then decided the hell with it and logged in to your alternate account from the other device?
    Gwendoline wrote: »

It’s not the first time you mentioned this and I’ve been meaning to pm you about it. My boyfriend and I both have one account (technically I have two but I haven’t used the second one in over a year, I just get logged into it after some crashes, maybe once a month). We both have the game on one device (used to be two, but we both removed it from our phones). He on a tablet, me on an ipad. Sometimes one of us is out of battery, we’re out for dinner and only brought one device (he has data on it, I only have wifi acces) and sometimes there is an android or apple exclusive deal that makes us use each others devices. We device share a lot. I also use his tablet data a lot when he turns on his hotspot. We don’t account share. I’ve never been afraid to get flagged for account sharing because we don’t, but we do share devices a lot and with what you’re saying, that might get flagged. Could you elaborate a bit more about how this works?

Going to reply to both simultaneously. I do not know precisely how Kabam does this, but I can say how I would do this. Also, because I don't think it is appropriate to discuss openly I won't be overly specific, because describing how I would discover cheating specifically could cause cheaters to specifically attempt to avoid that detection method. But what seems safe to assert is that it is always possible for Kabam or any other mobile app developer to track when a particular login is used on a particular device. It is therefore possible to detect when a login is used on a different device than it normally does.

Imagine making a database of every mobile device Kabam's servers ever see log into the game. For each such device, log which user accounts are logging into that device. Most of the time, each device entry will have one login that ever appears - these are people who have one account and one phone. Sometimes you will see two logins on that device, or more, and those logins never show up anywhere else. That's the guy with multiple accounts and one phone. Sometimes you will see multiple accounts on a couple devices. That's two accounts used by someone with a phone and a tablet, say. Every use case shows up as a pattern

Two accounts logging in consistently on two devices might be two people each with one account, sometimes using each other's devices. Or it could be one person with two accounts and two devices. But it is unlikely to be piloting. Piloting "looks different" when you analyze the map of all logins and all devices. That difference generates signatures that can be detected when you look at the usage map over enough time.

Sometimes IP addresses and other factors can add additional information to the picture, but usually only to confirm or rule out a potential detection that has already been made by direct traffic analysis. IP addresses and other environmental information will never hang you, or exonerate you.

Again: this is how I would do it in broad strokes. I presume Kabam is doing something like this, but I have no such inside information. Also, the precise details of how I would do this and what specific information I would look at is something that can be used to defeat those detection methods, so I don't think it is a good idea to share them.
  • insanegleeinsaneglee Posts: 39
    edited May 2018

Gwendoline wrote: »

Going to reply to both simultaneously. I do not know precisely how Kabam does this, but I can say how I would do this. Also, because I don't think it is appropriate to discuss openly I won't be overly specific, because describing how I would discover cheating specifically could cause cheaters to specifically attempt to avoid that detection method. But what seems safe to assert is that it is always possible for Kabam or any other mobile app developer to track when a particular login is used on a particular device. It is therefore possible to detect when a login is used on a different device than it normally does.

Imagine making a database of every mobile device Kabam's servers ever see log into the game. For each such device, log which user accounts are logging into that device. Most of the time, each device entry will have one login that ever appears - these are people who have one account and one phone. Sometimes you will see two logins on that device, or more, and those logins never show up anywhere else. That's the guy with multiple accounts and one phone. Sometimes you will see multiple accounts on a couple devices. That's two accounts used by someone with a phone and a tablet, say. Every use case shows up as a pattern

Two accounts logging in consistently on two devices might be two people each with one account, sometimes using each other's devices. Or it could be one person with two accounts and two devices. But it is unlikely to be piloting. Piloting "looks different" when you analyze the map of all logins and all devices. That difference generates signatures that can be detected when you look at the usage map over enough time.

Sometimes IP addresses and other factors can add additional information to the picture, but usually only to confirm or rule out a potential detection that has already been made by direct traffic analysis. IP addresses and other environmental information will never hang you, or exonerate you.

Again: this is how I would do it in broad strokes. I presume Kabam is doing something like this, but I have no such inside information. Also, the precise details of how I would do this and what specific information I would look at is something that can be used to defeat those detection methods, so I don't think it is a good idea to share them.

Again, they are not checking the IP of yours device. If they did my alliance would be not penalized.

I created all my accounts and never shared them.

Maybe they are just checking login in one or more devices.

So. My advice is avoid use more than one account on the same or other use the same in different device on this week/month.
    insaneglee wrote: »

Again, they are not checking the IP of yours device. If they did my alliance would be not penalized.

I created all my accounts and never shared them.

Maybe they are just checking login in one or more devices.

How many email addresses are associated with your 30 accounts?