**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is nothing being done about piloting?

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Logan wrote: »
    I just don't get how people are accusing others of piloting because they don't die as much as they think they should. They made boosts available that are OP I kill a rank 4 spidy mini every war with full bonus because i use 3/4 boosts so I don't die that easy. Also with the boost include organized moving with your team mates because they only last a short amount of time so you don't throw away 30 units per boost unless purchase from loyalty store. If your planning on winning with hope the other alliance won't finish that is a faulty game plan.

Some people assume that good alliances are cheating because they don't understand good, but that's not what this thread is about.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    that would be someone that played by the rules taking spoils, and someone that cheated not getting spoils

No, it would be double retribution. They can't reasonably assume you would have won, and if they're removing War Rating AND Points, people will also be going up in positions, from doing the right thing. What the suggestion would result in is benefitting from someone else's mistakes. A bit greedy, IMO.

It shouldn't matter. You should't be able to cheat and get a victory. If you cheat in any way you should lose. The team that didn't cheat should be given the win by default.

Weather or not a team would have lost had the cheating team not cheated is immaterial, because they cheated.

If they're not keeping the Points or the Rating, then that's not a victory. What you're saying is they should give you the Rewards by default because they cheated, and remove spoils on top of that. Whether you would win or not is not irrelevant. You only deserve Rewards if you win and win fairly. Either way you spell it out, it's benefitting from someone else breaking the rules.

Huh? You can't win fairly if someone is cheating. You understand this right?

They also can't assume you would have won whether they played fairly or not. They're removing Rating and Points, which means the people playing by the rules will rise in standings. That's enough. Anything on top of that is just creating an equally-unfair situation.

Then just remove all rewards for both sides in these circumstances
  • Itay1234212Itay1234212 Posts: 62
    keep crying abut it. lets ban all master player, yes ban for life, and what do u think will happen, all master players put money to the game, a lot of money so do u think kabam is really going to do something abut it
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    edited May 2018
    Today is piloting? What will be tomorrow?
    Are all spenders cheaters to, becouse they spend more then 1000$ a week and others can’t?

Lets ban them to, becouse they accounts are to good

• weapon_xweapon_x Posts: 29
    @SteelCurtainMUT

Re: I think the only ally from Master bracket who didn’t get their war rating reduced because we’ve NEVER piloted

You are definitely not the only master alliance without rating reduction.

• Namo10Namo10 Posts: 28
    well help us work this out then @weapon_x we are getting most of the threads terminated...no one is responding to PMs and support is sending out a default response. The treatment is beyond belief
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    But what is the video evidence?

I mean if someone takes a fight, and then a minute later the next one moves... you ever think that this happens.

@blabla I am about to take a fight, you free to take yours after so I can boost up?

@yaya yep no worries, give us a shout when done...

Bla bla takes fight... @yaya go go your free, nodes down.

Yaya jumps on and does fight...

@blabla node down mate your good to go...

Bla bla jumps on and does fight.

Soooo... that does happen, people communicate on Line, to arrange when to fight, so players might boost up and take full advantage.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★

I mean if someone takes a fight, and then a minute later the next one moves... you ever think that this happens.

@blabla I am about to take a fight, you free to take yours after so I can boost up?

Soooo... that does happen, people communicate on Line, to arrange when to fight, so players might boost up and take full advantage.

I love that you’re tagging an actual person for this example.
  • Namo10Namo10 Posts: 28

lol so naive of you...and how about when we have screen shots of the opposing alliance boasting of piloting? and in addition they get deducted -600 points from the AW rating and all of their win bonus points? Oh and demoted to gold category to very low levels of it? And now imagine you have faced that alliance twice in one week?

Who really got punished here?
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Why is anyone talking about what kabam thinks piloting looks like? They don't care about a 2hr long video of one account moving at a time. They have actual analytics to see who is piloting. The punishments are being handed out. Just report those you think are cheating and let kabam look to see if they need punished or not.

If you report an alliance that did not cheat they wont get punished.
  • Username1583Username1583 Posts: 165
    Actually they did take some measures against piloting so good job Kabam. And don't say you have NEVER piloted because no-one believes you.
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Just report those you think are cheating.

After every war there will be lots of reports. I bet that least 90% off losers will report cheating. After every war.
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Just report those you think are cheating.

After every war there will be lots of reports. I bet that least 90% off losers will report cheating. After every war.

Yeah, nothing wrong with that. Just because an alliance got reported doesn't mean they cheated.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    imo piloting is the last issue we need to be fixed so now everytime peoples come accross an alliance that beat them they say it's piloting why not go and pilote you too ? !!! the truth is if u loose u loose dont bother try to win the next
  • I lmao when I see the last stand of cheaters comes down to "yeah bro? Well... What u gonna do without my money? If we aren't allowed to cheat, we won't be spending!"
    Bahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Player1994 wrote: »
    imo piloting is the last issue we need to be fixed so now everytime peoples come accross an alliance that beat them they say it's piloting why not go and pilote you too ? !!! the truth is if u loose u loose dont bother try to win the next

All issues need fixed. This issue needed fixed and is being fixed. I don't really understand what you are saying. I will always try to win even if its vs. a modding or piloting alliance.
    DrZola wrote: »
    Victims of cheating should be awarded something additional because they lost more than simply the victory bonus—there is also the opportunity cost associated with having run a war against someone who won by cheating. All of this talk about “we don’t know whether you would have won or not” is irrelevant in my opinion because we can’t know—the other side decided to violate the ToS in a way that permanently taints that particular war. As a matter of policy, I am more comfortable tilting the playing field toward the team that played fairly.

And I’m for far stiffer penalties than taking points away from cheaters. Shut down their AW matchmaking for a week the first time. Second time, two weeks. Third time, boot them for the season. That would make deciding on piloting a much riskier proposition.

Dr. Zola

Good to see someone agree a cheating team shouldn't be able to steal a victory bonus. I have been quite shocked people are making this, "we don't know if they would have won if the cheating team didn't cheat." argument.

Think stealing a victory bonus is bad? My alliance placed 10th overall in the 2017 gifting event. We literally had full blown fraud limit our legitimately earned rewards (at least 2 alliances). My faith is low, but its nice seeing the cheaters get knocked some way. I know this is 100% off topic, just throwing it out there to make you all feel a bit better :-)

I agree, that's much more of a blow. The financial magnitude of that was just messed up. I also agree that it's just nice to see cheaters finally getting the stick and not the carrot.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Wow, unfortunately it seems there is no way to come out the end of this being fair. An automatic win is unfair, but losing points to a cheating alliance is also unfair. I can't tell which is worse.
  • weapon_xweapon_x Posts: 29
    @Riegel weren’t you a member of that “top” alliance that had a 600 point reduction this season?

Why did you not complain about piloting while you were there and it was all happening?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Victims of cheating should be awarded something additional because they lost more than simply the victory bonus—there is also the opportunity cost associated with having run a war against someone who won by cheating. All of this talk about “we don’t know whether you would have won or not” is irrelevant in my opinion because we can’t know—the other side decided to violate the ToS in a way that permanently taints that particular war. As a matter of policy, I am more comfortable tilting the playing field toward the team that played fairly.

And I’m for far stiffer penalties than taking points away from cheaters. Shut down their AW matchmaking for a week the first time. Second time, two weeks. Third time, boot them for the season. That would make deciding on piloting a much riskier proposition.

Dr. Zola

They also need to tell the Leader or officers, the exact name of the person that was piloting and / or piloted. Without having that information, it becomes very difficult to manage an alliance.

Agreed completely. But that’s a process improvement, not an underlying policy decision.

Dr. Zola
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    Tempest wrote: »
    Wow, unfortunately it seems there is no way to come out the end of this being fair. An automatic win is unfair, but losing points to a cheating alliance is also unfair. I can't tell which is worse.

At the very least, you should have your War Rating reset to where it was before the war if you lost to a piloting alliance. You may or may not have won if they didn't piloy is a fair argument, but it's unfair to lose War rating and possibly drop a tier when the other alliance cheated. Giving the loser the War rewards for winning wouldn't affect season standings and wouldn't make them feel quite so screwed, too.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Ban top alliances that pilot, that spend heavily, nah pal. Thats not how a business machine works, you slightly punish them, and let them keep going and keep spending.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Vegeta9000 wrote: »
    Ban top alliances that pilot, that spend heavily, nah pal. Thats not how a business machine works, you slightly punish them, and let them keep going and keep spending.

And that’s why piloting won’t ever really stop—because the game makers know they can keep the cash flowing if they administer a slap on the wrist while cheaters know that policing piloting is difficult and the rewards largely outweigh the risks.

Dr. Zola