**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Karnak needs to be relevant!

Please buff Karnak!! Despite his high prestige, Karnak is completely useless. There are many ways to make him more useful and his abilities should be representative of his prestige. The addition of armor break on parry, or increasing the chance of perfect block during true strike are just 2 suggestions. He is in desperate need of a rebalance.

Comments

• BlezzzzzzzzzBlezzzzzzzzz Posts: 45
    The main problem with Karnak is his ineffective special 1. One buff the game team could explore would be increasing the duration of true strike along with a chance to stun. Weakening opponents offensive abilities during true strike (I.e. - reduction of an opponents likelihood to evade) would be another possible buff that could make Karnak much more effective
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Wish granted, true strike negates evasion.

Anyways he's very useful for me, kills most of the enemies in AQ map5, I have LC/DE so he heals for like 14HP per second untill DE wears of then it's like 60HPps after that. Most battles are ~1min so that's over 2500HP per fight while constantly critting, and the best part heals ain't based on RNG and are only hampered by heal block.

He's just a straight brawler whose special attacks are for thier utility not damage. <3 Karnak
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    I find him very useful... his sp3 negates Limbo / unstoppable during 40 secondes from those Magik and Juggernaut that are everywhere in AW
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Anyways he's very useful for me, kills most of the enemies in AQ map5, I have LC/DE so he heals for like 14HP per second untill DE wears of then it's like 60HPps after that. Most battles are ~1min so that's over 2500HP per fight while constantly critting, and the best part heals ain't based on RNG and are only hampered by heal block.

He's just a straight brawler whose special attacks are for thier utility not damage. <3 Karnak

I just read through his sig description again- my Karnak is a 5 star at R3 sig 40, and I had him at R4 and used a rank down ticket. IMO, Karnak and Moonknight are tied for the worst skill champs available. Regarding Karnak reduction on evade- defensive abilities are only reduced after a sp3. There is no mention of evade any where in his sig description. You may be thinking of Agent Venom, because reduction of evade is clearly mentioned in AV's sig description. Sp 1 is a complete waste and I believe that true strike doesn't even stack correctly.
    Maybe the difference is we don't play map 5 in my Alliance. We are map 6 all day everyday in ISO8A
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    True strike ignores evasion completely as well as armour and resistances. That's why his sp1 is useful for dealing with Spider-Man and nightcrawler etc. I have my 4* at 4/40 unduped and do find him useful. Focus gives him a lot of crits and his sp3 is really good for the longer fights. 80% reduction for 40 seconds is quite impressive imo, better than a max sig BW and doesn't need to keep fury up or debuffs on the opponent. His special damage is low but he gets a lot of his damage from the high crit rate and true strike. I quite like him personally but each to their own.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★

I just read through his sig description again- my Karnak is a 5 star at R3 sig 40, and I had him at R4 and used a rank down ticket. IMO, Karnak and Moonknight are tied for the worst skill champs available. Regarding Karnak reduction on evade- defensive abilities are only reduced after a sp3. There is no mention of evade any where in his sig description. You may be thinking of Agent Venom, because reduction of evade is clearly mentioned in AV's sig description. Sp 1 is a complete waste and I believe that true strike doesn't even stack correctly.

Man you should read better. True strike negates evade at 100%. Even against mutants like NC

• Chicolini: Now I ask you one...What is it has a trunk but no key, weighs two thousand pounds, and lives in a circus?

Prosecutor: That's irrelevant!

Chicolini: A relevant Hey! That's the answer...There's a whole lotta relevants in the circus.
  • KochkochkamanKochkochkaman Posts: 3

Thats because it's not in his sig abilitiy description, it's in his special attack 1 description.
    Thanks , he still sucks
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    The only buff he could use that I can see is to increase his True Strike time to 15-20 seconds and maybe increase the percentage of his class disadvantage reduction or something from 2% to like 4-5%. Vs Spiderman or NC you still gotta get a bar of power and in that time mistakes can be made and even after you use it you got 8.5 seconds to get another one and you often gotta either bait specials or play smart and I'm only even thinking about stun immune enemies at this point. If his TS was buffed to 15-20 you'd see so much Karnaks in AW to counter Spiderman, NC and even Magiks.
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 158
    Karnak took a huge step back after the 12.0 update. His major advantage was his high number of criticals after he gets focused. Before update 8-9 crits out of 10. Now 6-7 crits out of ten. Big difference when you factor in he only crits 1-2 times when he is not focused and his crit damage isn't that great either.

I have him awakened as a five star rank three now. Was rank four, dropped him immediately after the changes. He was amazing before the update though. Would pair him and quake together, and would have some fun in AW. Now he doesn't get any run from me. Not questing, not AQ, nothing.

True strike definitely stops PASSIVE evasion, but miles and cosmic spider: no, no. And as far as ignoring armor, he still hits weak, 1187 was hardest hit and like I said no where near as consistent as he used to be.

• gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326

I wonder, have you used him against duped spidey OG or NC? When I play him it is noticeable that evades are negated. Against them, I just spam that L1 and play normally.
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    313rd wrote: »
    True strike definitely stops PASSIVE evasion, but miles and cosmic spider: no, no. And as far as ignoring armor, he still hits weak, 1187 was hardest hit and like I said no where near as consistent as he used to be.

Agree with this. I have tested it in war atk. I faced miles and at first atk after L1 got evaded.
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 158
    Please buff his critical damage at very least. I think some of us are brain washed. We think just because we see a big yellow number for damage, we think that's a great thing. But if Karnaks critical hit was just 767 off a light swipe and you get only four of those out of ten hits. What's the point. Some champs cause greater block damage than Karnaks light critical hit.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★

what are you on?....
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    Animation sp1 need tweak
    True strike only stops passive evade. NC, BSM still evade during true strike. The pure skill mastery was "down-balanced" or "nerfed" recently, and this has rendered Karnak even more ineffective. Character re-balancing is done by the game team on a regular basis, and I urge the Game team to put Karnak at the top of their list for future character re-balancing. While people on this forum may be satisfied with Karnak, I am not. Being in a top alliance requires a roster of usable champs that are not rendered useless after one update. I trust that the game team will take the necessary steps, because they have always recognized when a champ becomes "down-balanced" after an update and requires re-balancing. However, it's the community's obligation to inform the game team. MAKE KARNAK GREAT AGAIN!
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    True strike only stops passive evade. NC, BSM still evade during true strike. The pure skill mastery was "down-balanced" or "nerfed" recently, and this has rendered Karnak even more ineffective. Character re-balancing is done by the game team on a regular basis, and I urge the Game team to put Karnak at the top of their list for future character re-balancing. While people on this forum may be satisfied with Karnak, I am not. Being in a top alliance requires a roster of usable champs that are not rendered useless after one update. I trust that the game team will take the necessary steps, because they have always recognized when a champ becomes "down-balanced" after an update and requires re-balancing. However, it's the community's obligation to inform the game team. MAKE KARNAK GREAT AGAIN!

See, you addressed it right there. The problem is not Karnak...it was the nerfing of pure skill mastery. That affected more than just Karnak.
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    Karnak is a great attacker but sucks at defense. Well anyone would be out of their mind to but in on the defense in AW. Karnak is the champion for the skilled players. If you can avoid getting hit he is a amazing champion with great hits.
    Dave2442 wrote: »
    Karnak is a great attacker but sucks at defense. Well anyone would be out of their mind to but in on the defense in AW. Karnak is the champion for the skilled players. If you can avoid getting hit he is a amazing champion with great hits.

We have a guy that runs lane 3 every war with Karnak, Crossbones and Hawkeye. He very rarely dies. It's all it your skill.
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    Thawnim wrote: »

We have a guy that runs lane 3 every war with Karnak, Crossbones and Hawkeye. He very rarely dies. It's all it your skill.

I like the way your mind works! You are correct, Karnak relies completely on the skill of the summoner.
    Thawnim wrote: »

I like the way your mind works! You are correct, Karnak relies completely on the skill of the summoner.

Oh, it's not me. I run with SL, CB, and Rogue. But he's a true bosskiller.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

NC's main evade is a passive, the extra evasion he gains from a special is like BSM's evasion buff, So he does stop NC's evade unless NC is under his evasion buff from SA1.

Pure Skill wasn't changed what changed was that crits now bypass much more armor so there is less of a benefit from PS. This makes Karnak even stronger as he has regular crits and now those mastery points are better off elsewhere. And PS was useless pre 12.0 when under true strike anyways, TS ignores all armor PS ignored 64% on crit.