**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam dropping the hammer, and it feels soooooo good.

124»

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    BUNGALNGAL wrote: »
    lol you are the one who talked about VPN yet you cannot answer a simple question? truth is your logic is flawed lol. nobody here claims they know how kabam does it, only you with your so called expertise. I do not need to google cause i never claimed i know nor do i want to know. im asking you cause it will only show how dumb you really are.

He said he won't give me details because that could lead to cheaters/pilots learning new ways to cheat/pilot
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Guys fighting over stupid stuff.
    OP core is no more they bought iso8b. What do u say about this
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    @DNA3000 so what you mean is if I log in to a friend's device using my account and I play on his device using my own account is considered account sharing? coz if a friend comes to my house, how would kabam know who is playing on his device?

That is not considered account sharing. How you would go about telling the difference is a complicated analysis question.
    this is why checking ip address too is important rather than just relying on mac address and IMEI.

IP address proves nothing. We could be sitting side by side and have radically different IP addresses for a variety of reasons. Conversely, if Kabam concluded that two logins with the same IP address can't be pilots because those accounts are in the same place then every pilot with a brain would VPN to the account holder's internet router and appear as their IP address. This capability exists for anyone that owns a cheapo $20 internet router.

There are very specific, very limited circumstances in which I would consider routeable non-RFC1918 addresses significant as a part of this kind of analysis. 99% of the time I presume that information is more likely to be misleading than illustrative.
    thats why you also check mac add and IMEI, having same ip add gives you the benefit of the doubt. its a process and not a one step thing like you say. like you said earlier if a friends goes to your house and he logs in your account, that is account sharing, but if you log in to your account using his device, its not account sharing. How can kabam be sure if what really happened?

how can you punish someone if you are unsure.

You shouldn't. But it is possible to be sure with high degree of confidence. I've done this type of analysis before, so I know how I would do it. And I can state with authority that in this situation IP address is untrustworthy, and therefore of extremely limited value.

To be candid, I know how this works, so I'm offering the benefit of my expertise. But I'm not in any way involved with catching MCOC account sharers and I have no specific compulsion to correct other peoples wild guesses on how this works. If you think it is impossible to be sure, or if you think Kabam is looking at things I doubt they are placing a lot of weight upon, that's entirely your prerogative.
    lol kabam can tell whose fingers are touching the device?
    and the vpn thing if you are so expert at it, how would you do it? you said if the pilot have brains which i assume they do, will all members use same vpn or just the pilot use vpn to match the ip of the members?
    you seem to be expert only at being vague lol why not enlighten us with your brilliance lol the devil is in the details after all.

As I said, there are limits to the details I'm prepared to discuss, but I've given enough details for people with sufficient technical knowledge to understand what I'm saying. Just the words "traffic analysis" answers your question for people who know how to do that. For people that don't, Google is your friend. Beyond that, if you think you can goad me into discussing more details than I'm prepared to, better than you have tried better than you.
    NDK13 wrote: »

Hilarious, so much $ and manipulation invested to get video game rewards
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

You’d be surprised how ridiculous and how much stupidity went into that exchange :D No $ was involved
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

You’d be surprised how ridiculous and how much stupidity went into that exchange :D No $ was involved

No money was involved?
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    I disagree . I've been in an allience of friends and they didn't care about skill or rewards .
    In fact to make things easy they only did 2bgs so that 10 people can tap out wether it's life or if they just don't feel like doing aw and they had no problem with it .
    What you are referring to is COMPETITIVE alliences that has a few unskilled accounts that have been piloted.
    Still not an issue - either suck it up and get what comes your way or break it up and go the competitive route
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    When 1 guy logs in and out of 4 different people's accounts to finish 2 of the toughest nodes, 3 minibosses, and the boss with only 1 death, it's not "having fun playing a game with buddies". It's cheating because you needed a competitive advantage to win because you weren't good enough as an alliance to be at the level at which you rank. And yes. This happened today. It's not fair competitively, and it needed to be dealt with.

The irony is the excuse is that's what it takes at a "competitive level". The reality is with a system based on Rank Rewards, cheating is not only unnecessary, it also affects everyone else. Problem is, those who cheat generally don't care about other people.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    @GroundedWisdom
    The irony is the excuse is that's what it takes at a "competitive level". The reality is with a system based on Rank Rewards, cheating is not only unnecessary, it also affects everyone else. Problem is, those who cheat generally don't care about other people.

"Cheating is not only necessary "???
    It's never necessary.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Spera wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

"Cheating is not only necessary "???
    It's never necessary.

Unnecessary. I meant it's not. :)
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Kabam's decision to go after piloting was a great move to ensure the integrity of the game, and I'm all for that, but it will come with a giant cost and who knows what that cost could be.

Alliances of all tiers pilot to some degree. Some egregiously, others minimally, but regardless of how badly, many do it. It's ingrained in MCOC alliance culture to pilot.

What we're seeing now (and going to see more of), is an implosion of alliances across all tiers. Why? Because we've been told to knock it off or get punished, which means get really good really soon or hit the bricks!

Players who used to rely on a buddy to finish the mini boss for the longest time can't hang in their alliance anymore. Their skills weren't that good and their account is miles ahead. And what are they going to do?

Many are quitting.

Many will have to go down 6 tiers to find a suitable alliance.

Many will say, "to hell with this game. i used to play with my buddies for years and now i'm getting booted. screw this".

I'm all for punishing pilots, but realize what this game has turned into. It's no longer a fun game with friends. It's a sudden race to match up with equally skilled partners and that's it. Kabam has inadvertently stuck a giant wedge between long term in-game friends and rewards, and I don't see how this can be healthy at all for retention.

You didn't just break up the super mercs running a dozen war bosses a day, you're changing the experience across all alliances. Is it better for the game in the long run? Probably. But if there's no one left to play then it's no longer a game.

You think season 1 was pressure? Right now it's 10 times that.

Good post
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    What we're seeing now (and going to see more of), is an implosion of alliances across all tiers. Why? Because we've been told to knock it off or get punished, which means get really good really soon or hit the bricks!

It means don't cheat, and accept that sometimes you won't do as well when you don't cheat, just like everywhere else in life.

People keep talking about the game in terms of it not being "the real world." MCOC is the real world. It is a real game in the real world with real human beings participating in it. Cheating in MCOC is cheating in the real world, just like cheating in any other part of the real world. And it isn't any lesser form of cheating because cheating in MCOC isn't cheating *for* trivial rewards, it is cheating *against* other people. Those people have the same right to not be cheated upon no matter what activity we are talking about.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Kabam's decision to go after piloting was a great move to ensure the integrity of the game, and I'm all for that, but it will come with a giant cost and who knows what that cost could be.

Alliances of all tiers pilot to some degree. Some egregiously, others minimally, but regardless of how badly, many do it. It's ingrained in MCOC alliance culture to pilot.

Players who used to rely on a buddy to finish the mini boss for the longest time can't hang in their alliance anymore. Their skills weren't that good and their account is miles ahead. And what are they going to do?

Many are quitting.

Many will say, "to hell with this game. i used to play with my buddies for years and now i'm getting booted. screw this".

I'm all for punishing pilots, but realize what this game has turned into. It's no longer a fun game with friends. It's a sudden race to match up with equally skilled partners and that's it. Kabam has inadvertently stuck a giant wedge between long term in-game friends and rewards, and I don't see how this can be healthy at all for retention.

You didn't just break up the super mercs running a dozen war bosses a day, you're changing the experience across all alliances. Is it better for the game in the long run? Probably. But if there's no one left to play then it's no longer a game.

You think season 1 was pressure? Right now it's 10 times that.

I could care less if cheaters are getting booted because they can't hang. If alliances are crumbling because they can no longer cheat, all I can say is great. Cheaters have kept honest people from better rewards. If you and your friends play at different levels and still want to play together then you'll have to find a middle ground. I've played at lower levels before because my friend needed to catch up. That's what real friends do. I hope Kabam keeps cracking down because honest alliances are already moving up. Cheaters will always try to cheat all I hope is Kabam keeps getting better at finding them or honest people will leave. If all that's left in the game are a bunch of cheating alliances the game is doomed.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Many are quitting.

Kabam's crack down on piloting alliances was a good thing and the cause of the implosion, from henceforth I will call "The snap". For the long-term health and integrity of the game, this was a necessary step. But there was a very delicate balance in alliances prior to this, that the snap has unraveled. First off, the piloting alliances that got caught weren't just casual, non-intense alliances where pilot does everything (maybe only a tiny few were). Many of those alliances, those who were caught and those who stopped piloting, were active alliances with a combination of active players, high-prestige whales, long-time members, etc. There are many whales who just love to buy Odins and FGMCs, and want to be in an top tier alliance with all the money they are putting in the game. Many of them aren't that skilled but are willing to spend big $ on the game, whether that's through MCOC or paying other mercs to run their account. Whales tend to be older and successful in life obviously to have that much money to spend on this game. Mercs tend to be younger and more immature, but skilled at this game. What I'm getting at is that these whales (and other not as skilled players) can't exist in the top tier alliances anymore. Almost every competitive alliance has had to make tough decisions to kick some of their non-skilled members to be able to get the best AW season rewards. Many of the alliances caught in season 2 piloting also disbanded - autokicking many members.

These kicked members now face another decision - join a lesser alliance or retire/sell account. I think we can all admit most of us spend a little too much time playing this mobile game and many significant others/families are upset with how much time is spent on this game. This traumatic event - The snap - may have been the trigger to finally put down the game for a lot of people. This is still an on-going process as season 2 is just getting started. As alliances get desperate in fear of missing out on master, plat, etc rewards, kicks will happen. I'm still going to be playing this game chasing after the highest rewards possible, but this is just what I've been observing since the snap.

TL;DR: Kabam dropping the hammer on piloting alliances was a good thing for the game as a whole - but a lot will be changing from here on out. Only advice to Kabam - don't bite too hard on the hand that feeds you.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Let's not forget Kabam gave fair warning too. Everyone got an email saying to stop. If you got caught and punished it's your own fault.
    Many top alliances have stopped piloting and recruited more skilled members to replace old members who allowed their accounts to be piloted. Complaining that you can’t play in the same alliance as your friends because you won’t get good enough AW season rewards without piloting is selfish reasoning.

Kabam said the goal of AW Seasons was to determine the most skilled alliance. Now, finally, that can be accomplished.
  • Many top alliances have stopped piloting and recruited more skilled members to replace old members who allowed their accounts to be piloted. Complaining that you can’t play in the same alliance as your friends because you won’t get good enough AW season rewards without piloting is selfish reasoning.

I never prescribed any behaviors, I simply stated that the recent changes will have side effects, and I wanted to talk about what they possibly could be. DaMunk made a good post above describing it.

Kabam said the goal of AW Seasons was to determine the most skilled alliance. Now, finally, that can be accomplished.

I agree and that's a good thing.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    if kabam keeps banning cheaters and piloting allys and just doing the right thing then more and more ppl with give more faith to kabam.

cheating just ruins it for everyone especially for those who dont cheat to win but get shafted by cheating allys or players.
  • EpsilonloganEpsilonlogan Posts: 23
    Got an announcement from the game on an alliance member violating the Alliance TOS. How do I find out what the infraction was and who did it so I can insure it won’t happen again???????
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Got an announcement from the game on an alliance member violating the Alliance TOS. How do I find out what the infraction was and who did it so I can insure it won’t happen again???????
    Rets wrote: »

Same here, id like to know who it was so i can ban him, our hopes of platinum are gone now

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/66433/kabam-we-will-need-some-information-for-season-2#latest

Here is a link to another thread I made saying just that. It was closed, and they basically said good luck finding the cheaters on your own. Saying it's your responsibility to know who cheaters are, and that it is "physically" impossible for them to tell you who is cheating. Was honestly a bunch of poo.

Honestly hope you find the cheater in your alliance, and it doesn't ruin your game too much before you find them.
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    Asmodeyus wrote: »
    So I'm actually curious, and really would like to know an answer to this. "HOW" do you know the cheating is going on. For example, did you strike a logarithm somewhere that didn't it? IP altering? I get the 'what' they're looking for, I'm just curious as to HOW it's being discovered. The main reason I ask is because, what stops anyone from saying Player 1 is cheating, Player 465 is cheating, etc. In all honestly it just looks like accusing with no proof. Is any 'Proof' being submitted to the alliance leaders?

Kabam will never explain how they catch cheaters. Disclosing that information would make it easier to cheat.

• PearlyWhitesPearlyWhites Posts: 39
    Draft edit