**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Better Alliance Quest Strategy -Strong AQ2/AQ3 or weak AQ4?

chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
So what I am asking is is better to play say AQ2 but always getting 3 group wins (boss kills in each and maybe 100% on 2 of them but at least 1 of them) OR AQ4 but only winning one of the BGs and usually fail one of them.

So what is a better strategy for rewards and why?

Our alliance was just doing AQ2 and building up good prestige and earning a lot of Map 3 Crystals and usually 2 or 3Map 44 Crystals at the end from point Milestones.

As for AQ4 I don't know as we only tried it a couple times so far. I am just wondering is it best to stay with what is working or struggle and risk low prestige (would the lower prestige not matter?)?

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Just curious: why is Map 3 not an option? You seem to be thinking about either staying with Map 2 or jumping to Map 4.

It sounds like you aren't even consistently getting 3x100% on Map 2, and if that is the case I would recommend staying mostly on Map 2 until you get stronger. But you should also consider the fact you don't have to jump to a different map all at once. You could do 33222, say, doing the higher map early and as the week gets harder drop down to a lower map. This would allow you to introduce a higher map to the alliance slowly, and gauge when the alliance is strong enough to do more. You go from 22222 to 33222 to 33332, for example. I know many alliances run something like 55333 because they can run Map 5 on day one, but it is too much for them on day five. But as they get stronger, they can ease into 55533, then 55553, then finally 55555.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited May 2018
    I just wanted to make a stark comparison to get and idea of what is better between guaranteed wins in each BG or not guaranteed in a higher tier.

Basically where do the best rewards come from and what impacts that the most (is it prestige and multiplier to get more points to get more crystals in milestones, or is it better to get do higher tier maps even if risking failed BGs).

Also your suggestions are what I was going to try I just wanted to know if prestige and boss clears "wins" and "prestige" were the most important things to AQ?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    100% gets the crystal from that map so definitely stick with that for now

I do appreciate your reply but that is not a huge concern is it? Mot of our crystals come from the milestones. Yes getting the 100% is good and the extra crystals are nice but it seems we get more from more points overall then worrying too much about 100%'ing?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    chev327fox wrote: »

I do appreciate your reply but that is not a huge concern is it? Mot of our crystals come from the milestones. Yes getting the 100% is good and the extra crystals are nice but it seems we get more from more points overall then worrying too much about 100%'ing?

I haven't thought about this much at very low AQ levels but I can say that we get most of our crystals from 100% completion not the milestones. We do Map 5x5 and these days we're landing between 90 and 100 million. If we get 3x5x100% that's 15 Map 5 crystals. We get 9 Map 5 crystals and 2 Map 6 crystals for milestones. The Map 6 crystals are more valuable of course, but I believe we still get slightly more rewards from full completion than milestones if we get full completion across the board. Certainly it is enough to make shooting for full 100% exploration important.

I'm not sure how it works out at very low AQ levels: it depends on how many points you're scoring and how many milestones you're reaching in which bracket.
    edited May 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    chev327fox wrote: »

I haven't thought about this much at very low AQ levels but I can say that we get most of our crystals from 100% completion not the milestones. We do Map 5x5 and these days we're landing between 90 and 100 million. If we get 3x5x100% that's 15 Map 5 crystals. We get 9 Map 5 crystals and 2 Map 6 crystals for milestones. The Map 6 crystals are more valuable of course, but I believe we still get slightly more rewards from full completion than milestones if we get full completion across the board. Certainly it is enough to make shooting for full 100% exploration important.

I'm not sure how it works out at very low AQ levels: it depends on how many points you're scoring and how many milestones you're reaching in which bracket.

Thanks for you replies :)

I just looked to be sure and we usually earn 8 crystals from Milestones (6 Map 3 Crystals and 2 Map 4 Crystals all from running 3 BGS of Map 2 the whole event and making sure to "Win" each one and sometimes 100% them but prioritizing "wins" over losses instead of worrying too much about 100% completion). So I suppose if we focused on 2 BGs and 100%ing them we would earn 2 extra Map 2 Crystals each day (but we don't focus on that so only get one of those every other say or so). I just have felt with our setup right now focusing on wins and milestones is getting us the most and better crystals and trying to 100% them for map 2 crystals.

But like you had suggested, and like I had been considering, I think next AQ we will try something like 43222 (just the strategy for maps 4/3 are different then map 2... the first ones I would try to limit us to 2 strong BGs and the map 2 we spread out and get all 3 done with wins in all to up our prestige which in turns ups our multiplier for points for milestones... at least that is how i understand it as of now).

Thanks again for your replies and insight :smile: