300 points lost in war rating. Collective punishment

CeresCPHCeresCPH Member Posts: 69
This is absolutely unacceptable.

During this season break in AW there has been a lot of movements between alliances. This include ours.

This means that we have had new members on board testing setups and so on.

One of the new members got banned. We did easily conclude that he did something wrongfully.

Now we have been notified that we got a collective punishment. Our war rating has dropped with 300 points. That is sickening.

How can Kabam justify a collective punishment? Where did this mentality come from? It is so disrespectful to 29 other people’s work.

As officers we bear a responsibility. But we do not posses superhero powers like a mutant. We cannot cross check anything. We only have our eyes and feeling. But we do also have respect and cannot be accusing alliance members of cheating without the smoking gun.

Kabam, please end this collective mentality towards cheaters.

Cheaters should be instantly banned on a permanent basis, however don’t insult the clean players on the way.

I am so disappointed. Lost my motivation. Such a shame!

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Member Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    How long was the in the ally? If it’s like over a week it probably can’t be helped. If it was a day or two, maybe submit a ticket to ask for redemption
  • CeresCPHCeresCPH Member Posts: 69
    I think it was a few days. No major impact on war rating, however the problem is not that he got banned. I’m pleased with that. Cheating is so disrespectful. But to punish 29 people who didn’t do anything wrong is in my view almost more disrespectful.
  • BrandJennBrandJenn Member Posts: 145
    Did you win wars while ghe cheater was in?
    If so, thats what Kabam is taking away from you
    He participated in 1 or 2 wars. He got banned on day 4 in AQ. That ban I fully support. Nevertheless it is the use of a collective punishment (300 points is way more than we make in 10 wars).
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Member Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Depends on rating and war match up some gain 65 per war so that's only about 6 wars. But the fact is that all 29 members benefited from his cheating and 30-60 players lost to his cheating.
    That's the mentality
    I get the point that others also lost to the cheater. However in this case he didn’t contributed significantly to the war. That is why this is stupid.

We get the punishment too. Without having anyway to stop such a thing to happening in the future too.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Member Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    You collected the rewards gained from having a cheater on board. Essentially you benefited from the cheater's actions while denying rewards to 60 other players (2x war opponents).

His actions effectively altered the benefits of 89 people between your ally and your opponents. That's why you lost the rating.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Member Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    And if they don’t do this, what is to stop allies from knowingly bringing in modders to artificially raise war rating? A small fee to the modder and a burner account is dropping war bosses with no deaths. Whether it takes 4 weeks or a few days, it has altered rewards for a large number of players. Only way to limit it is to have the players police themselves. You’ll pay more attention to signs of cheating moving forward.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    We were all warned, if you suspect a modder in your alliance you should report it.
    As I said he didn’t contributed significantly to the the result of the AW. Not even in top 3 in his BG.

What I am trying to make clear is that we, as an alliance, didn’t get any benefit. We might even have lost the war he was participating in. AQ-wise we finished day 4 and 5 on map 5 without his assistance. So as you might figure he wasn’t any true asset.
    edited April 2018
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    We were all warned, if you suspect a modder in your alliance you should report it.

How should we be able to suspect him? I have no idea what kind of cheating that can be used, so I don’t know what to look for. And any new guy you haven’t seen fighting can’t be judged simply be seeing how much or little health he losses in a few fights.

However as a result of this I guess we will notify Kabam about all new members asking them to check any new guy in the alliance. Because better safe than sorry. A collective punishment can smash all your work in the middle of a season. This is luckily in the break and we got time to rebuild the war rating.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    CeresCPH wrote: »

How should we be able to suspect him? I have no idea what kind of cheating that can be used, so I don’t know what to look for. And any new guy you haven’t seen fighting can’t be judged simply be seeing how much or little health he losses in a few fights.

However as a result of this I guess we will notify Kabam about all new members asking them to check any new guy in the alliance. Because better safe than sorry. A collective punishment can smash all your work in the middle of a season. This is luckily in the break and we got time to rebuild the war rating.

Didn't you say this???

One of the new members got banned. We did easily conclude that he did something wrongfully.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    If you won 2 wars that he was in and say you gained about 65 war rating per war. Then they just reversed that which would be equivalent to you losing 270 war rating
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian
    As I said he didn’t contributed significantly to the the result of the AW. Not even in top 3 in his BG.

What I am trying to make clear is that we, as an alliance, didn’t get any benefit. We might even have lost the war he was participating in. AQ-wise we finished day 4 and 5 on map 5 without his assistance. So as you might figure he wasn’t any true asset.

While I understand your frustrations and I believe there are problems with the way Kabam handles this type of situation in general, the punishment for cheating cannot be based on the degree of profit from that cheating. The point to punishing cheaters is not to remove the benefits of cheating, it is to deter even the attempt at cheating.

There are alliances that condone cheating, and while you might not be one of them, the punishment is calibrated on the assumption you are, because the game has no real way to definitively tell the difference.

Didn't you say this???

When someone is getting banned it isn’t that difficult to conclude that they did something wrongfully. That is what I said.
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    3-4 wars means 90-120 people missed out on hundreds of 4-5* shards. That’s a lot of shards and alliance rating. It won’t be hard to make up the war ranking. If you consider the damage he did.... it’s kinda justified. You’ll probably be more careful as you recruit.

I get the point about our opponents, however he was in the alliance for 1 war. He did not alter the final results (we lost the war - yes even with a cheater).

So basically we got a punishment without getting any advantage in game. Even if we had won the war he would never be able to win the war by him self. He was designated to path 8 - the easiest path in AW. He didn’t touch the mini boss either.

What I am trying to state is that Kabam gave us a punishment as a group that it is unjustifiable.

Nevertheless we are kind of pleased with the minor set back in war rating. We will now be facing weaker opponents and perhaps do a 5-6 win streak.
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Member Posts: 269
    As an officer myself, what my point is that while recruiting how do you identify that someone is a cheater or not...unless you run with them in a couple wars & aq.....there is no title given for suspected Mod Users.....to think that whole ally gets a punishment is really harsh for an officer especially as not only did he sacrifice his personal grinding time to recruit wen he cud hv easily done something like arena but also now he has to face 25 other people who might be looking up to him in a leadership space.........

While cheating is really a bad thing and should be punishable...the gravity of this punishment just doesnt sound right in the sense that its reach affected whole ally....
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Member Posts: 175
    Since it's out of season I wouldn't stress it. You will get easier match ups till your rating recovers.
  • DraenathDraenath Member Posts: 237
    edited April 2018
    Been through this with an alliance member also... save your breath... it gets you nowhere @CeresCPH - tried every avenue I could think of.

Also, the players in question are lucky if they even receive a 2 week ban
  • VizardVizard Member Posts: 71
    🎻
  • VizardVizard Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2018
    OP’s story has changed a couple times in the thread. Sure it stinks. Worse things have happened to players and alliances tho. Try having a more consistent story.
    If Kabam feels that your alliance, as a whole, benefitted or was trying to benefit from having a cheater as a member, i feel they have every right to take war rating from ur group. You should be pissed at the cheater dude, not Kabam. He’s The reason your war rating went down
    Vizard wrote: »
    OP’s story has changed a couple times in the thread. Sure it stinks. Worse things have happened to players and alliances tho. Try having a more consistent story.

How did I change the story? What I did - after someone started to talk about that we have won 3 - 4 wars this way - I checked all our AW results available. Identified the one he was a part of and concluded that we actually last that war.

If you think I am changing the story then feel free to point that for me.
    edited April 2018
    As an officer myself, what my point is that while recruiting how do you identify that someone is a cheater or not...unless you run with them in a couple wars & aq.....there is no title given for suspected Mod Users.....to think that whole ally gets a punishment is really harsh for an officer especially as not only did he sacrifice his personal grinding time to recruit wen he cud hv easily done something like arena but also now he has to face 25 other people who might be looking up to him in a leadership space.........

While cheating is really a bad thing and should be punishable...the gravity of this punishment just doesnt sound right in the sense that its reach affected whole ally....

Finally a fellow officer that gets the point. The guy was in our alliance for a very limited of time. How should we even be able to identify this? In my opinion Kabam should only punish an alliance as whole, if that alliance should have been able to avoid the situation.

Perhaps this is a cultural difference between US and Europe. At least I can't understand why Kabam would punish 29 people when no one between the 29 of us had an idea that we had a cheater among us.

Atleast there must be something to blame us before we get a punishment - otherwise it is like getting a ticket for speeding without driving too fast!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    The reason is when one person is cheating in War, the entire Ally is gaining Rewards and Rating from the cheating. Technically, you're all benefitting from it. It's frustrating to those who are honest, but there's reasoning behind it.
  • 9878nick9878nick Member Posts: 18
    I really hate when people don't read things just trying to feel like they are saying something. Usually these guys aren't paying any attention. Look here is the deal.

1. Give us tools or a page with the names of players that have been banned and why.
    2. Give us a page to submit people who camp or jump alliances - (this is just a request not needed)
    3. Inform us that we have a player(player name) in our alliance as soon as it is recognized and allow us to get rid of them.
    4. If you don't give us any way of vetting a player for these actions - how the heck can you blame us and punish us - this is your FAULT not the alliances.
    5. You have thrown out a blanket Fix that is equivalent to - bleed is too powerful so we are gonna go and find ever fight you won from bleed champs and take the rewards away. This is ludacris.

You guys have to do better than this man. Many of us are really liking the game and stuff like this is a lack of development and laziness on your part. Of course the upside for Kabam is the players may now need to use recourse to get back to the place they were. WIN FOR KABAM. You guys are really quickly becoming negative.....
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Member Posts: 325
    I agree with the OP, it's BS to punish the whole group for one person's mistakes. It is even more BS when Kabam catches someone piloting and punishes the whole alliance but won't tell the alliance officers who it was so they can get rid of them.
  • SkymastrSkymastr Member Posts: 46
    There is no way officers or leader keep fallow ppl who piloting or not this should punish person who did which account did %90 of mcoc player never seen each other in Real life so how i know hes lie or not i just ask kabam officers if some1 do something wrong and has to be punish in company then owner punish u all how u guys feel?