**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Purchase Revives without Units

Let us purchase Revives without units.. There are plenty of different currencies in your game that have been rightfully earned for us to use on items yet none of these currencies besides units can purchase Revives for regular quests. We had every right to farm that quest even though I never had the chance to. It isn't fare to us people that don't want to spend every waking moment grinding for units just so we can get a couple Revives. I haven't received a revive from your uncollected free crystals in months.. I had better odds getting them in the regular free crystals. All you guys do is take from us and spit the blame at us while you were the ones at fault in the first place for putting that in the quest, instead of finding an equally better option for us to get Revives.

Let us use loyalty on them.. I feel like that's pretty reasonable

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Let us purchase Revives without units.. There are plenty of different currencies in your game that have been rightfully earned for us to use on items yet none of these currencies besides units can purchase Revives for regular quests. We had every right to farm that quest even though I never had the chance to. It isn't fare to us people that don't want to spend every waking moment grinding for units just so we can get a couple Revives. I haven't received a revive from your uncollected free crystals in months.. I had better odds getting them in the regular free crystals. All you guys do is take from us and spit the blame at us while you were the ones at fault in the first place for putting that in the quest, instead of finding an equally better option for us to get Revives.

Let us use loyalty on them.. I feel like that's pretty reasonable

You already can. Loyalty store has them rotating.
  • SixateSixate Posts: 62
    Is farming cheating?
    Sixate wrote: »
    Is farming cheating?

Farming isnt cheating. Taking advantage of an exploit is. No quest out there gives the same result over and over again. Prizes change each time you do the quest. 1.1.5 was an exploit and people took advantage. It wasnt supposed to drop a revive each time.
    Plain and simple.
  • Ronin916Ronin916 Posts: 85
    They should just add a revive at the end of ROL, or create a 25 - 50% chance to earn a revive from defeating ROL Winter Soldier. That way there's an opportunity to earn revives reliably, without it being ridiculously exploitable.
    Nerfed2Def wrote: »
    Sounds to me like it was put there to help beginning players according to Kabam relay men. How are we supposed to know it’s not supposed to be there every time? Potions are there almost every time in ROL. Exploit? They are responsible for content.If there’s a bug players need to be made aware. It looks like some of the members of the community are being exploited reading some of these posts.

Like you just said.. Almost everytime. That's the difference in farming and an exploit. ROL isn't 100% therefore it's farming.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Is farming cheating?

In the eyes of Kabam, yes. Any other game that has ever been made, no.
  • kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120
    edited May 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Is farming cheating?

Farming isnt cheating. Taking advantage of an exploit is. No quest out there gives the same result over and over again. Prizes change each time you do the quest. 1.1.5 was an exploit and people took advantage. It wasnt supposed to drop a revive each time.
    Plain and simple.

Actually it's not an bug to exploit, and that they made for beginners i agree that.

And they no where mentioned that its made only for beginners.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Ronin916 wrote: »
    They should just add a revive at the end of ROL, or create a 25 - 50% chance to earn a revive from defeating ROL Winter Soldier. That way there's an opportunity to earn revives reliably, without it being ridiculously exploitable.

They removed the revive from WS (and the rest of RoL) because farming them in RoL got to easy.
  • RoraRora Posts: 124
    today i learn that nothing is for free.
  • I_Like_TurtlesI_Like_Turtles Posts: 91
    You can still farm revives. By checking every quest in all the acts and quitting once you reach the revive. Also revives aren´t meant to be farmed at the rate which was available through 1.1.5
    I think you guys need to stop complaining about it. Content in this game has been made significantly easier than what it was. I remember when labyrinth of legends cost 5000$ to explore. now average people are doing it for less than 300$.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    You can still farm revives. By checking every quest in all the acts and quitting once you reach the revive. Also revives aren´t meant to be farmed at the rate which was available through 1.1.5
    I think you guys need to stop complaining about it. Content in this game has been made significantly easier than what it was. I remember when labyrinth of legends cost 5000$ to explore. now average people are doing it for less than 300$.

It's smarter to finish the quest, only way to have items respawn.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

content has not been made easier

peoples champs and rosters are getting stronger. there is a big difference.

when LOL cost thousands to do people wouldnt have the same rosters they do now.....
    also with the rosters people had back then todays quests like uncollected with all thhe BS champs and nodes would be harder to do then they are with todays rosters.
  • DeadSilenceDeadSilence Posts: 11
    Yeah I don't mean aq revives you fools.. The content is harder than war or aq. I'd like to see a member of kabam that can 100% LoL without using revives. I've been playing since the game came out and all they have done is removed things that help us. Not replaced with something that can be a viable option to avoid farming. Especially with the multiple currencies that that are out of date and partfully useless
  • SixateSixate Posts: 62
    All I'm asking is farming considered cheating? And I cannot get a strait answer. So if I farm battlechips in arena or farm gold from previous played game modes will I be labeled a cheater and "have action taken against me". I'm fully aware the 100% drop rate on the revive but it was in the game it wasn't a bug it was put there.
    All I'm asking is farming considered cheating? And I cannot get a strait answer. So if I farm battlechips in arena or farm gold from previous played game modes will I be labeled a cheater and "have action taken against me". I'm fully aware the 100% drop rate on the revive but it was in the game it wasn't a bug it was put there.

If you cant figure out the difference then you need to stop playing.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Is farming cheating?

Plain and simple.

They said that they put that there intentionally though. It wasn’t a bug. So it’s not an exploit, it’s farming.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »
    Is farming cheating?

Plain and simple.

They said that they put that there intentionally though. It wasn’t a bug. So it’s not an exploit, it’s farming.

false. Anything outside of what the development team considers intentional can be considered an exploit.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Is farming cheating?

Plain and simple.

false. Anything outside of what the development team considers intentional can be considered an exploit.

Clarify, please: Did Miike not say clearly that the revive was placed in 1.1.5 for new players to obtain when they were making their first passes through Act 1? And did the game team not know about it as early as May 20th, when they deleted a thread asking about it? And didn't the item fail to respawn in every instance (i.e., when failing to complete the quest or even at all for some Summoners)? And do you think that the game team is unaware that players scour quests high and low for items useable in all kinds of content?

If you are making the point that the game team can decide what is actually "intentional," then I agree that is accurate--as arbitrary as that usually is. But this issue could have been deftly and quickly headed off way before it spun out of control, and it wasn't. The result is yet another Kabam mess.

Dr. Zola
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Farming for resources is a known thing.
    Farming for potions in ROL. known thing.
    Farming for energy refills in Act quests. Same.
    Even Farming for class specific cores in daily class quest. Known.
    Heck, remember when T3cc drops were so prevalent you could farm them and sell for T4cc? I do. That's how I 5/50 my first 4*.
    Farming resources for daily events by running the shortest paths that give you completion. Known.

All of these things have been known AND considered built in and except-able.

Now: Player finds that revives are available by running through 1.1.5 (which I remember when I started gave lots of revives I needed at the time) and that equals an EXPLOIT?!

No. Sorry, I'm not sold on this one.

Running a monthly quest over and over and continuing to get the rewards OR HUGE rewards isn't normal. That never happens. That's an unintended advantage and an exploit. Farming resources that have always been there for farming is clearly NOT.
  • Anthombel101_Anthombel101_ Posts: 37
    Is farming cheating?

Plain and simple.

So, you try to blame on players for something that you put there, which is totally out of your (if you're a developer) mistakes. It'd be same thing as you drop a dollar on some crowded streets and blame it to someone who picked it, which was totally because of your carelessness. Therefore, blame it on you and not the players!
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Is farming cheating?

Plain and simple.

Clarify, please: Did Miike not say clearly that the revive was placed in 1.1.5 for new players to obtain when they were making their first passes through Act 1? And did the game team not know about it as early as May 20th, when they deleted a thread asking about it? And didn't the item fail to respawn in every instance (i.e., when failing to complete the quest or even at all for some Summoners)? And do you think that the game team is unaware that players scour quests high and low for items useable in all kinds of content?

If you are making the point that the game team can decide what is actually "intentional," then I agree that is accurate--as arbitrary as that usually is. But this issue could have been deftly and quickly headed off way before it spun out of control, and it wasn't. The result is yet another Kabam mess.

Dr. Zola

That's exactly my point. The game team decides what their intent is and what their intent is not. It is also their responsibility to create content that cannot be abused outside of their intention.

I'm not condemning players who exploited that revive, but to have this cognitive dissidence that it was not an exploit is false. It most assuredly was an exploit.