**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Does Stand Your Ground triggers Medusa's Auto-Block?

Someone claimed that a heavy intercept on Medusa's heavy attack triggers her auto-block if the player has Stand Your Ground. Is this correct?

Comments

• RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    Nope. I do that trick too and she never parried
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Heavy will trigger auto block and parry only if it's a 2 hit or more hit heavy. Single hit heavy like rogue punisher etc won't cause it. Any 2 hits or more while she has 3 furies will have a chance to cause auto block and parry. The chance depends on what is the level of signature. In war if Medusa is on mini or boss node. See the signature level before starting fight. That will give you an insight on what could be the chance.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    Heavy attacks are always classed as a single hit, like all SP3’s are, regardless if they actually do more.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    Heavy will trigger auto block and parry only if it's a 2 hit or more hit heavy. Single hit heavy like rogue punisher etc won't cause it. Any 2 hits or more while she has 3 furies will have a chance to cause auto block and parry. The chance depends on what is the level of signature. In war if Medusa is on mini or boss node. See the signature level before starting fight. That will give you an insight on what could be the chance.

I'm talking about the mastery that's only supposed to trigger when the enemy hits your block. They were insistent the mastery allows her signature to trigger during a heavy attack--not a block--against her heavy attack
    Nope. I do that trick too and she never parried

I do the same and have the same result. We were told that we just got lucky that we faced a Medusa who doesn't have Stand Your Ground
  • RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    well You were informed wrong :) same as the person @Born said is true :) all heavy are classed a 1 hit no matter what kind of animation punches or kicks per hits they do.
    edited May 2018
    May I know where it was said that heavy attacks are classified as one-hit attacks? @Born @Ricardobalto This is the first time I've heard of it and it explains why I can use heavy intercept on her heavy without Living Strands triggering, as opposed to them telling us that we just got lucky that we faced a Medusa without Stand Your Ground
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,133 ★★★★★
    Any heavy can't be autoblocked since its like sp3 stand ur ground can parry if u resist and parry at same time
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Are you sure that a heavy attack a one-hit attack? So many times I have used Hyperion’s heavy on evaders like spidey and NC, only for the first hit to land but subsequent hits to be evaded.
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    Heavy attacks are not 1 hit for most champions. Hyperion, howard, void and many others have multiple hits on their heavy attacks. Just watch the combo meter...
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Heavies are not 1 hits like sp3. Only for few champs but not for all.
    Well the point of this thread has turn from Stand Your Ground to how many hits do heavy attacks count as. Any Medusa experts out there, both in offense and defense?

Maybe @Kabam Miike can clarify if Stand Your Ground influences Medusa's auto-block?
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    Heavies are not classified as one hit like special 3s. In fact special 3s are not even actually classified as one hit, they are classified as one source. This Is a very important distinction. For further proof look at the 3 hit invulnerability boost in aw. If you use that against a special 3 that has more than 3 hits you will absolutely take damage. The same for a heavy attack that has more than 3 hits.

It is possible for a heavy that has multiple hits to have some hits blocked by stand your ground and others not. Hyperion is a prime example. His heavy has multiple hits. If it were all classified as a single hit then all possible furies would stack with the first hit connected but they do not. Also, I hit a spider man while he was stunned with hyperion’s heavy just yesterday. Mid heavy attack his stun ended and he evaded the rest of the hits and countered my attack. If it all counted as one hit then this would not be possible.
    edited May 2018
    Bigdogbob wrote: »
    It is possible for a heavy that has multiple hits to have some hits blocked by stand your ground and others not.

Are you saying that Medusa can purposefully block in the middle of doing her heavy attack while my champ intercepted her with his own heavy, which allows her to trigger Stand Your Ground and therefore her auto-block?

Can a player stop their heavy animation in the middle of it to block the AI's heavy instead on the chance they trigger Stand Your Ground? I've never managed to do that, nearly three years into the game

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Bigdogbob wrote: »
    Heavies are not classified as one hit like special 3s. In fact special 3s are not even actually classified as one hit, they are classified as one source. This Is a very important distinction. For further proof look at the 3 hit invulnerability boost in aw. If you use that against a special 3 that has more than 3 hits you will absolutely take damage. The same for a heavy attack that has more than 3 hits.

It is possible for a heavy that has multiple hits to have some hits blocked by stand your ground and others not. Hyperion is a prime example. His heavy has multiple hits. If it were all classified as a single hit then all possible furies would stack with the first hit connected but they do not. Also, I hit a spider man while he was stunned with hyperion’s heavy just yesterday. Mid heavy attack his stun ended and he evaded the rest of the hits and countered my attack. If it all counted as one hit then this would not be possible.

That's inaccurate. I've taken special 3s that are more than 1 hot with that boost and taken zero damage

However, all 3 invulnerabilty charges were consumed.
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    heavy attacks can be more than 1 hit ! just test heavy attacks on void fight ( 10 hit combo to shrag off void debuff)
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    @Fixxx I believe that stand your ground only works while blocking, so if you had a 1 hit heavy then there's no way to trigger stand your ground bc she's in the middle of the animation. There's only 3 ways I know to get out of the heavy animation:
    1. Get hit
    2. Throw your heavy
    3. Evade an incoming attack
    You can't just switching from charging heavies to blocking, so unless you have a multi hit special you should never trigger it when intercepting her heavy.
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    @Fixxx I believe that stand your ground only works while blocking, so if you had a 1 hit heavy then there's no way to trigger stand your ground bc she's in the middle of the animation.

Thank you. I think so well as it is specifically mentioned in the mastery itself that it triggers on block

I don't understand though, how they came to the conclusion that Stand Your Ground causes Medusa to auto-block a heavy intercept on her heavy
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Fixxx wrote: »
    @Fixxx I believe that stand your ground only works while blocking, so if you had a 1 hit heavy then there's no way to trigger stand your ground bc she's in the middle of the animation.

Thank you. I think so well as it is specifically mentioned in the mastery itself that it triggers on block

I don't understand though, how they came to the conclusion that Stand Your Ground causes Medusa to auto-block a heavy intercept on her heavy

They didn't come to that conclusion, we the player base did, another product of unthorough testing by kabam.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    edited May 2018

i thought the question was: say the attacker uses a multi-hit heavy to intercept a Medusa while she has 3 fury up, will she have a chance to autoblock the attacker? for example, I intercept medusa's heavy attack with hyperion, she may not be able to autoblock the first hit, but will she be able to autoblock and parry me on the second hit if she has 3 fury active and Stand Your Ground?

I guess this creates the second question for me... does Stand Your Ground resist simply push you away/ does not register as a hit, or does it "block" or "auto block" for you?
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I have duelled and played against so many medusas in war with Hyperion and she has never parried my heavy.... so I guess at least she can't parry the heavy with SYG.

very few have any/ many points in SYG though, so it is hard to say... someone with SYG and medusa top champ would be nice to duel and find out once and for all.
    NinjAlan wrote: »

They didn't come to that conclusion, we the player base did, another product of unthorough testing by kabam.

I was referring to the person who told me that Stand Your Ground can trigger Medusa's autoblock on heavy intercept
    I have duelled and played against so many medusas in war with Hyperion and she has never parried my heavy.... so I guess at least she can't parry the heavy with SYG.

That's my experience as well. My heavy intercepts had never been blocked by Medusa's Living Strands, and we were told we just got lucky to face players in multiple wars who don't have Stand Your Ground

That's my experience as well. My heavy intercepts had never been blocked by Medusa's Living Strands, and we were told we just got lucky to face players in multiple wars who don't have Stand Your Ground

Forget about SYG, auto-block doesn't activate against heavy attacks. Since it doesn't trigger, SYG is irrelevant. See all IMIW takedown videos for reference.

Now if Medusa/ IMIW were already blocking and you tried to break their block by heavy, then SYG can trigger

Yea, never seen anyone's heavy attack get blocked... @Fixxx ask for video evidence..
    We're waiting for their video proof. Will keep you posted, thank you for your inputs, @Tempest @Haji_Saab