**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Hood-Is he still valuable?

I see that many people in the game have a problem fighting against a Medusa AWAKENED. There are little counters to her.
The Hood is one of them.The Hood has an ability called "Stagger"(it basically is like nullify,but it's a passive effect on the opponent,it can nullify only one buff and it will go if it runs out or if it takes an effect and then goes away,the good thing with either of them is that you gain health once stagger disappears).This is effective against Angela,X-23,Wolverine,Howard The Duck,Iron Man(all) and other characters who mostly use buffs.Not only that,when The Hood dashes back and block for 1.5 seconds,you gain an ability called "Invisibility".(In this,when the opponent tries to attack you,they have a chance to miss,if it's a non-contact attack the chance of it to miss doubles.Only lasts for 8 seconds).This is greatly helpful against all characters in the game.If you awaken The Hood,he becomes stun immune and gets power steal once his Invisibility is on cooldown. Hood's first special move does decent damage with a shock,when shock expires,the enemy gets stunned.(doesn't work if enemy uses special move). Hood's second special move does an insane amount of damage,instantly gives him Invisibility with hex(hex is a debuff ability,can only be activated in second move which can replace a buff with itself,when hex expires,it does a good amount of damage). Hood's 3rd move does do bleed after the animation,but I recommend keep using the second special attack.

Tactics for Hood UNAWAKENED
-Keep using Invisibility when it's free.
-Use the dash back Invisibility and wait for it to expire and then use the second move.
-Keep Staggering the enemy,comes handy for X-23 and etc.
-Use this method to gain a little bit more damage on basic attacks.--(Dash,attack,attack,attack,dash)
-I call this the Adrenaline Attack

Tactics for The Hood AWAKENED
-Repeat all steps from UNAWAKENED Hood
-Power Steal your way to second move.

Thank You for Reading This.

Comments

• CanarioCanario Posts: 167
    Damnn i love the hood,he is my fave mystic champ and one of my fave overall and i use him all the time.
  • ItsAMeSarthakItsAMeSarthak Posts: 71
    Canario wrote: »
    Damnn i love the hood,he is my fave mystic champ and one of my fave overall and i use him all the time.

Thanks for the comment bro!
  • CanarioCanario Posts: 167
    Canario wrote: »

Thanks for the comment bro!

Your welcome bud
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Love The Hood as well. He's my top champ and he never dissapoints. I really believe that he's just as good as ghost rider, with GR having a slight edge. Also Hood with 4/5 in mystic dispersion makes him even more of a beast against champs with a lot of buffs. Groot for example when he has all those fury and resistance buffs you fire a sp2 with hood and he'll instantly gain over 2 bars of power. Perfect counter to hyperion and medusa, really wish I had a 5* of him.
    DRTO wrote: »
    Love The Hood as well. He's my top champ and he never dissapoints. I really believe that he's just as good as ghost rider, with GR having a slight edge. Also Hood with 4/5 in mystic dispersion makes him even more of a beast against champs with a lot of buffs. Groot for example when he has all those fury and resistance buffs you fire a sp2 with hood and he'll instantly gain over 2 bars of power. Perfect counter to hyperion and medusa, really wish I had a 5* of him.

I pray you get hood
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Forget Medusa, Hood is an excellent counter to the 5.4.6 Ultron. Used him at 5* r4 unawakened on all my runs to tear through him with minimal revives.

Terribly underrated champ in my opinion who gets overshadowed by the "God Tier" mystics such as Voodoo, GR, Dorm, Magik - and for good enough reason as they're all great. Even still, Hood is a straight killer.
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 932 ★★★
    Agreed. I have a 4* 4/40 awakened version and recently got a 5* version, currently unawakened and at rank 3.
  • Ronin916Ronin916 Posts: 85

Hood is a great champ, but saying Ghost Rider only has a slight edge over him is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. To each their own though, everyone has different opinions and preferences in this game
    Ronin916 wrote: »

Hood is a great champ, but saying Ghost Rider only has a slight edge over him is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. To each their own though, everyone has different opinions and preferences in this game

Ghost Rider needs AWAKENED
    True

True

He absolutely doesn't NEED to be awakened lol. He's amazing regardless

Like to be very awesome
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited May 2018

True

He absolutely doesn't NEED to be awakened lol. He's amazing regardless

Like to be very awesome

When you're in a hole quit digging, lol

He is great/amazing regardless of if he is awakened.
    Ronildas wrote: »
    The truth is that people need to stop using Seatin's list as a rule.

There are tons of champions that are awesome at attack once you figure out how to play them effectively.

Exactly,if Seatin says gwenpool is bad,we won't believe him at all
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

There are tons of champions that are awesome at attack once you figure out how to play them effectively.

I don't know who this guy is, but I hear about these "tiers" or whatever he has that darn near everyone quotes, and it's ridiculous.

If you need help to figure out if a character is good, then I don't know what to tell you.

I have written a couple of reviews of characters because I like the interaction, but I promise you this: I know that some people can use some characters like few others can, just because of feel and the moveset clicks with them.

I am absolutely lethal with Winter Soldier. With the Killmonger synergy -- and he is amazing, too -- I can play that character as well as anybody plays any other character in the game.

Some characters can't be helped. A lot more are really, really good characters, no matter what anyone else says
    ESF wrote: »

I don't know who this guy is, but I hear about these "tiers" or whatever he has that darn near everyone quotes, and it's ridiculous.

If you need help to figure out if a character is good, then I don't know what to tell you.

I have written a couple of reviews of characters because I like the interaction, but I promise you this: I know that some people can use some characters like few others can, just because of feel and the moveset clicks with them.

I am absolutely lethal with Winter Soldier. With the Killmonger synergy -- and he is amazing, too -- I can play that character as well as anybody plays any other character in the game.

Some characters can't be helped. A lot more are really, really good characters, no matter what anyone else says

Seatin is a YouTuber who makes very screwed up tiers for awesome characters
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Hood destroys Hyperion, Medusa, Angela, and anyone really who gets constant buffs. His stagger heals him a little, his hex on SP2 can permanently remove reoccurring buffs like Arc Overload if timed right. He has shock and stun on SP1, and the ability to stay invisible almost indefinitely with high enough MD and the right matchup. Duped adds power steal and Stun immunity during Invisibility cooldown (without the need for high sig level.)
    Needless to say I love him.
    DukeZman wrote: »
    Hood destroys Hyperion, Medusa, Angela, and anyone really who gets constant buffs. His stagger heals him a little, his hex on SP2 can permanently remove reoccurring buffs like Arc Overload if timed right. He has shock and stun on SP1, and the ability to stay invisible almost indefinitely with high enough MD and the right matchup. Duped adds power steal and Stun immunity during Invisibility cooldown (without the need for high sig level.)

U kinda just repeated what I said buddy
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    DukeZman wrote: »

U kinda just repeated what I said buddy

I said it better 😜
  • Thunder5715Thunder5715 Posts: 98
    Hood's 3rd move does do bleed after the animation,but I recommend keep using the second special attack.

Hood's third move does damage proportional to the enemy power bar. So it's a really good way of finishing off the fight.
  • Killerkatana13Killerkatana13 Posts: 14
    Miles Morales when duped is lethal. Even when only using dexterity you can win most fights while keeping 100% health.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Hood is a poor man's version of Scarlet Witch. He can do most of what she does, just not quite as good (and he doesn't hit as hard). He is available as a 5* so he can have a larger base attack & health pool, and he has a significantly higher prestige then Switch (if you care about that).

His invisibility is helpful if timed properly and can help a ton against champs like the Collector and Infinity Thanos. And his SP2 Hex is fantastic against those champs that constantly proc buffs (like King Groot).

If given the choice between my 3/45 Hood and my 5/50 Switch, I'd pick Switch every time. Once I get a couple more Mystic T4CC's to take him to 4/55, it will be another story.
  • The hood is awesome I have him 5 star
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    The Hood is great.. but he does not hit very hard which makes it hard for him to solo a big fat medusa boss. A 4/55 Hood will have no problem soloing a 4/55 medusa but a tough time soloing a 5/65 one. With all his other really good abilities, I guess there had to be a compromise... otherwise he would be too OP?
    Tempest wrote: »
    The Hood is great.. but he does not hit very hard which makes it hard for him to solo a big fat medusa boss. A 4/55 Hood will have no problem soloing a 4/55 medusa but a tough time soloing a 5/65 one. With all his other really good abilities, I guess there had to be a compromise... otherwise he would be too OP?

He's a great utility character
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Don't forget: Hood crits a lot harder and ignores 75% armor and block proficiency while he is invisible!
    ...and Heavy attacks refresh all effects placed on opponents!
    I noticed back in the day that his sp2 bypassed safeguard also.
    Don't forget: Hood crits a lot harder and ignores 75% armor and block proficiency while he is invisible!
    ...and Heavy attacks refresh all effects placed on opponents!
    I noticed back in the day that his sp2 bypassed safeguard also.

I didn't forget. P.S. because heavy attack takes time to cqharge. In high places you don't have time to use heavy attack. I didn't notice about safeguard though,thanks!

• KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    I only got him and duped him as a 5* recently and was surprised how good he is when I learned how to play him. If I needed another attacker I would rank him.
    I only got him and duped him as a 5* recently and was surprised how good he is when I learned how to play him. If I needed another attacker I would rank him.

Some characters are great,people just don't know it