**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A 5 star Goldpool?

I've come to the realization and accepted that a player like myself would never have access to certain champions in this game. So sad really. Top spenders will get their 5 star Goldpool.

Comments

• HimHimHimHim Posts: 18
    Of course. It’s the way Kabam works. Brackets of success.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    You know you could tecnecally buy a 5* goldpool for 20 units

What?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    It is really sad to be honest please don't tell us it is rare because we are smart enough to know that but it is only rare because only some people can spend all that money to get him is that how a contest of champions works? By paying and not fighting your way to the top instead?
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Seriously you can get 5* goldpool for 20 units? If so, thank you so much kabam cuz I have 80 friggin units.

A near to 0% chance but hey a chance is a chance
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Seriously you can get 5* goldpool for 20 units? If so, thank you so much kabam cuz I have 80 friggin units.

What?

He is a rare drop in the new Pool Gold Crystals. If you were very lucky for 20 units you might just get him with one pull.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It would be so cool if they gave increased chances the lower the tier, similar to PHC and GMC. 5* should be incredibly rare, with 4* being slightly less rare, 3* being commonish, and with 2* being common. I know that doesn’t really make him very exclusive but it would probably keep a lot of players happy. Even if gold crystals only had a 5% of a 2*, at least you have a chance to get him.
    You cannot get him in a crystal you get a ticket for the arena at a chance
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Yes you can. Read the announcement. You have a rare chance to get 5* Goldpool from the gold crystals.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    edited June 2018

You can get him in gold crystals
    I read it wrong
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    It is really sad to be honest please don't tell us it is rare because we are smart enough to know that but it is only rare because only some people can spend all that money to get him is that how a contest of champions works? By paying and not fighting your way to the top instead?

Top 1% of the game seems like a nightmare unless you have the disposable income to keep up. Those that do are free to spend their $ as they please, the downside is players who aren’t able to spend $100s-$1000s per week can never catch up. Then again, that may be an upside instead of a downside.

Having to use 30% champion’s boosts on top of other boosts for every single AW fight and spending $100s-$1000s to win 5* arena champions would make MCOC a job instead of a game.
  • Scmex21Scmex21 Posts: 85
    Thawnim wrote: »

What?

He is a rare drop in the new Pool Gold Crystals. If you were very lucky for 20 units you might just get him with one pull.

I used my 80units from Lilly event amd rolled 4 gold pool crystals amd got one goldpool.

• Scmex21Scmex21 Posts: 85
    Its pure luck with GoldPool i have seen videos where people have opened insane amounts of GP crystals amd did not get any.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    It is pure luck. An alliance mate of mine managed to pull a 5* Goldpool by only spending 60 units! ...... that's 1/3 or 33% chance with his luck, of course he is only an extremely tiny sample size. I won't be surprise some super lucky one may still strike a 5* GP upon their 1st opening with only 20 units. Having said that, my luck is ****, after thousands of units (hard earned units from arena grinding), and I opened no 5* GP.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    I seen a lv 20 with a 5* goldpool

all about luck...and rng
    edited June 2018
    I've come to the realization and accepted that a player like myself would never have access to certain champions in this game. So sad really. Top spenders will get their 5 star Goldpool.

top spenders in real life spend $$$ to get rich stuff, like drive Ferraris and lambos and spend a lot of money

Beyonce's gold leggings- $100,000
    Bono – Plane ticket for his hat: $1,700
    Donald Trump- Private jet with 24-karat gold plated sink and seatbelts: $100 million
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★

Uhm, 100 u its after, no goldpool.

1000 u more, still no goldpool.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★

top spenders in real life spend $$$ to get rich stuff, like drive Ferraris and lambos and spend a lot of money

Beyonce's gold leggings- $100,000
    Bono – Plane ticket for his hat: $1,700
    Donald ****- Private jet with 24-karat gold plated sink and seatbelts: $100 million

Donald duck has a plane?!?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Its just about RNG. Not how much you spend. You could spend $1000 on those gold crystals and not get him. Ibspent $30 and got him. Funny thing is I got him on the last 3 individual crystals I opened. Of course the more you buy, the more chance you have because of shear opportunity.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

What?

He's a 0.1% chance in a 20-unit gold crystal. Not great odds, but it's a small investment. For the cost of a GMC that's 15 attempts, at (approximately) 1.5% chance of success.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    2 guys in my alliance pulled him with minimal spending.

Others of us weren't so lucky lol
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    I’m sure people will hate on me. But I got him out of 95 crystals. I was dead broke. So I needed the gold and got lucky.
  • ArtttonArttton Posts: 59
    usb86unjg7tf.jpeg
    Arttton wrote: »
    usb86unjg7tf.jpeg

thats like winning the lottery wow
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    One of my alliance allies pulled him out of 10 crystals. He didn’t even know he was in there. He just wanted gold.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Arttton wrote: »
    usb86unjg7tf.jpeg

And then @Arttton got a Permanent ban
    Farewell @Arttton

but yeah, 1/1 is a crazy luck for Goldpool.