**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

When will you remove potions from Alliance War?

not bringing up server lags and other things like matchmaking that is problematic with AW, but Im kinda sick of the alliances that is potting to to win.
Athletes are not allowed anabolic steroid because it makes the competition unfair, potions are the steroid in mcoc.
So many times we beaten an alliance knowing there is no way for them to take any of our boss, just to see them take potion after potion taking a few 1000 damage off until they finally get boss down.

I know greed is important to companies, but if you want FAIR competition then either remove all potions from alliance war or give everyone max potions before each war.

what is the point of strategy when you can just spend 5000 units for the win ?
just add 3 different skins to each character if you want to make money, dont let your greed get involved in competition

or split it, let the leader decide when starting the war if they want to join alliance war where potions are allowed or where they are not allowed, then potters can play with potters and non potters will fight fair with other no potters

Comments

• Darkwolf1981Darkwolf1981 Posts: 37
    That's been the way sense day one, to give a lower Alliance a standing chance against who ever they may be placed against. Potions are not going anywhere for that reason
  • That's been the way sense day one, to give a lower Alliance a standing chance against who ever they may be placed against. Potions are not going anywhere for that reason

like your alliance you mean ? :P
    no it is not lower alliances, it is whale alliances that spawn lvl 3 team revives
  • Parthyzan wrote: »
    What? Why?

There are more than enough way to obtain potions, everybody can get potions/revives, and don't need to buy from units.

I can get roids easy too, but I never cheated once in the ring or cage.
    it is competition vs other players, you are not playing vs kabam, it should be equal footing, where are all you communist now when I need you :P
    as I said give everyone max potions before each war and it would be fair, then everyone can pott like the oligarchs in this game
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Shortly after the implementation of alliance bases.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    They're not going to "punish" spenders for being able to spend. At the end of the day, would the OP's suggestion bring in revenue, keep it the same or decrease it? The answer is decrease it, so suggestion noted, but not gonna happen.
    Otherwise, they better stop selling uncollected featured crystals and everything else, because the whales have an unfair advantage. It's the same principal, but they got the money to spend, so they're gonna do it.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    This is still a business. Kabam wants people to spend money on potions, etc. If no one did, there would be no game. For the amount of things that you can accomplish in this game without spending money, people need to accept that some areas need to generate money. I'm more than happy to let arenas and wars be spend-a-thons for people that want to accomplish certain goals if the result is that I can play the other content without having to spend.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    They recently removed special AW boosts like invulnerability and advanced power, but that’s probably so players will use more potions
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I see your analogy a little off here.

Roids would be an illegal advantage. Right now we're talking about an advantage in the game that not everyone can afford/deal with (according to you).

Roids in a fight would be the same as hacking the game to beef up your champs. strictly not allowed.

Potions are more analogous to high end gear in sports that lower sports leagues cant supply to every player, and the player cant necessarily afford. All legal to do, but the player has to decide if/when/how to use these advantages. Both players have ability/access to it. Especially with the addition of glory, its way too easy to stock up on pots and revives.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    That is a terrible analogy. For competitions like the World Cup you do get to rest and get your strength back in between matches. Imagine having to play 5 straight games with no time in between to rest up.

Your ananlogy is more like using mods to gain an unfair advantage.
  • Primmer79 wrote: »
    I see your analogy a little off here.

Roids would be an illegal advantage. Right now we're talking about an advantage in the game that not everyone can afford/deal with (according to you).

Roids in a fight would be the same as hacking the game to beef up your champs. strictly not allowed.

Potions are more analogous to high end gear in sports that lower sports leagues cant supply to every player, and the player cant necessarily afford. All legal to do, but the player has to decide if/when/how to use these advantages. Both players have ability/access to it. Especially with the addition of glory, its way too easy to stock up on pots and revives.

it is like no one get to drink water except from the kabam booth, at the kabam booth they charge 100 dollar for a cup of water, one side might be better, but other side are spoiled brats, the spoiled brats win due to the other team fainting because of dehydration.

Just because everyone have access to it, like medicare in USA, does not mean everyone can afford it.
    availability does not solve anything unless it is free
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    That is a terrible analogy. For competitions like the World Cup you do get to rest and get your strength back in between matches. Imagine having to play 5 straight games with no time in between to rest up.

Your ananlogy is more like using mods to gain an unfair advantage.
    depends in what, when I was fighting I had 1 fight and that was it, few month to next unless an injury or the fight association felt I needed to recover x month before fighting again, in wrestling then yes, there I could have 4-6 matches a day depending if even was international or bigger

They're not going to "punish" spenders for being able to spend. At the end of the day, would the OP's suggestion bring in revenue, keep it the same or decrease it? The answer is decrease it, so suggestion noted, but not gonna happen.
    Otherwise, they better stop selling uncollected featured crystals and everything else, because the whales have an unfair advantage. It's the same principal, but they got the money to spend, so they're gonna do it.
    they are not going to punish spending by punish non spenders?
    then give spenders there own league, but cheaters never like to fight other cheaters, just look at gta 5.
    cheaters only cheat to get advantage over non cheaters, if they face other cheaters they get bored very fast because then it is about who is the best cheater.
    It is currently the same with AW, it is not the team who is the best who wins, almost never, but instead the team that spam lvl 3 team revives
    Kabam can make 2 AW leagues, 1 where potting is illegal and 1 where potting is allowed, very simple, but kabam know that then no one would play in the potting leagues as potters would have to fight fair, and if they have to fight fair then they can as well just play in the potting disallowed league.

Carames wrote: »
    This is still a business. Kabam wants people to spend money on potions, etc. If no one did, there would be no game. For the amount of things that you can accomplish in this game without spending money, people need to accept that some areas need to generate money. I'm more than happy to let arenas and wars be spend-a-thons for people that want to accomplish certain goals if the result is that I can play the other content without having to spend.
    Kabam could easily just hire some programmers to create 3 or more new skins to every character in the game to make money, kabam make enough money by people 100% act 5, only to soon reveal act 6 to make even more money.
    making money on potions where it should be fair competition.....
    So why is everyone who are against banning potions in AW also against that everyone get maxed potions for free in AW ? is it because you your self always use potions in AW and dont wanna lose that advantage over other teams ?

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    @buggysitehaveaccont but here's the deal. A cup of water costs $100. I can't afford $100. But I can gather up the pennies that the game gives me FOR FREE to afford this water, albeit at a slower pace than those that can pay $100. I wish there was another way to earn water.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

I'm tired of these analogies. Just save your glory. Stop wasting it on other stuff if you need potions.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    This is hilarious
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't care about banning potions from AW because the rewards aren't worth the grind and I don't care about war. If other alliances want to spend to win, then let them