**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If you notice a change in a character that we haven't announced, it's likely a bug

ujkyfayvi53x.jpg

Hi community,
If you have noticed some changes in the Contest, and that is not in the Changelog as a FIX or SOMETHING, please bring here so everyone can see it how it used to work and how it's working now. Because patch 18.01 has some new things going on and Kabam made a favour to did not tell us what changed.
We need transparency

Comments

• EvilRazorEvilRazor Posts: 143
  • Pot_Belly_Papa1Pot_Belly_Papa1 Posts: 61
    EvilRazor wrote: »

You mean like she’s suppose to?!
    Spider Symbiote and Spider Gwen have now passive evade, that means you can't nullify it or stagger this as a buff:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/72962/silent-spider-man-symbiote-buff/p1
    edited June 2018

Exactly! The thing is there's nothing in her ability description, but you could do this before patch 18.0.1.
    You were able to steal power and make consistent power locks in the opponent, now she becomes less effective
    edited June 2018

Exactly! The thing is there's nothing in her ability description, but you could do this before patch 18.0.1.
    You were able to steal power and make consistent power locks in the opponent, now she becomes less effective

Her ability description says she steals 33% of the opponets power bar , so no power no power steal .
    So in my eyes she was fixed and now they want to Unfix her again.
    Dexterity out when the enemy is hitting your block: ( its was possible a long time ago)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/62256/why-cant-i-dex-out-when-my-block-is-getting-hit/p1

Her ability description says she steals 33% of the opponents power bar , so no power no power steal .

Her ability description says she steals 33% of the opponents power bar, but even with 0 power you were able to steal power, and they changed it. Anyone who uses her often knows this.
    They changed it and didn't tell us, that's the point

Her ability description says she steals 33% of the opponents power bar , so no power no power steal .

Her ability description says she steals 33% of the opponents power bar, but even with 0 power you were able to steal power, and they changed it. Anyone who uses her often knows this.

I hear what you’re saying and somewhat agree, but the bottom line is wether it was an intentional fix or just a bug that transpired from the update her broken ability was fixed and caused an uproar because now she required actual play rather than repetitive combos to use.
    Yes I agree that they should have stated that if it was intentional but defending a broken ability just because it suits dosent wash with me , bottom line is she was broken , then fixed and to please those that can’t use her properly she’s being taken back to her broken state to shut players up .

In my eyes that’s what I find shady and not wether someone can use her broken ability or not .
    Drax is not able to by pass Mordo's Astral Evade (PS: MOrdo is the miniboss AQ now)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/73234/drax-mordo-change#latest

I hear what you’re saying and somewhat agree, but the bottom line is wether it was an intentional fix or just a bug that transpired from the update her broken ability was fixed and caused an uproar because now she required actual play rather than repetitive combos to use.
    Yes I agree that they should have stated that if it was intentional but defending a broken ability just because it suits dosent wash with me , bottom line is she was broken , then fixed and to please those that can’t use her properly she’s being taken back to her broken state to shut players up .

In my eyes that’s what I find shady and not wether someone can use her broken ability or not .

She still decent champion, but as I said less effective.
    And the great point that it's letting people bored, because of that lack of communication, see

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/73313/maybe-old-champs-can-go-back-to-being-broken#latest
    edited June 2018
    edited June 2018

She still decent champion, but as I said less effective.
    And the great point that it's letting people bored, because of that lack of communication, see

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/73313/maybe-old-champs-can-go-back-to-being-broken#latest

Not sure what that link has to do with anything , but as mike said there putting her back even if it goes against the developer write up she has had in her bio since she was created.

My post there was simply a dig at kabams complete turnaround on their own advice and standard commentary practices followed by their lack of continuity.

But there putting her back to keep people quite so maybe you might get lucky and they’ll replace other champs to when they where broken just to please us .
    Just don’t expect those that wanted this to be happy as it’s clear players want a broken game obviously.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

They changed it because it was a bug did I put it simply enough for you
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Hmm @Pot_Belly_Papa1 , how about maybe the description was “bugged” and magik is working just fine. You can make assumptions all you want but Kabam has came out and explained her ability (lol not very assuring after the AA nerf). I think I will lean towards what the dev team has relayed to the moderators.
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    It’s hard to trust what the mods here say anymore. After the AA nerf. This was confirmed as working as intended. Players ranks up AA. Now it’s a bug. It sounds likes a switch and bait to me. Rank down tickets are needed to stop more players quitting.
  • Hollywood_Hollywood_ Posts: 70
    edited June 2018
    That day is coming soon when kabam gonna write here blade regen , icaman coldsnap , Spidermen taunt , medusa fury, Hyperion power gain, Gwenpool bleed , void debuff, ALL is BUG, but auto block things will be forever.
    edited June 2018
    NevvB wrote: »
    Hmm @Pot_Belly_Papa1 , how about maybe the description was “bugged” and magik is working just fine. You can make assumptions all you want but Kabam has came out and explained her ability (lol not very assuring after the AA nerf). I think I will lean towards what the dev team has relayed to the moderators.

What description was that ?
    You mean kabam mike basically making up an answer that noones ever heard of in 3 years ever or you still hoping that the devs got it wrong in her bio but it’s taken till now for them to spot their mistake?

All I know is you can’t say champs working as intended if there’s no info on the matter full stop , AA on the other hand is a different matter , he was stated as getting fixed in the patch notes according to those that bothered to post it .

Simplest form ;-
    You can’t stun what’s immune
    You can’t steal power from nothing
  • Doppelganger80Doppelganger80 Posts: 13
    Sim's regen has been reduced. My 5* went from 10k regen to 6k.
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★

You mean kabam mike basically making up an answer that noones ever heard of in 3 years ever or you still hoping that the devs got it wrong in her bio but it’s taken till now for them to spot their mistake?

All I know is you can’t say champs working as intended if there’s no info on the matter full stop , AA on the other hand is a different matter , he was stated as getting fixed in the patch notes according to those that bothered to post it .

Simplest form ;-

I am saying that since magik has been the way she is after her buff, how are you so sure it’s magik that is bugged and not Kabam forgetting to change her bio/description.

Simplest form ;-

I am saying that since magik has been the way she is after her buff, how are you so sure it’s magik that is bugged and not Kabam forgetting to change her bio/description.

Il not sure of anything , I just go by fact and the facts state she can steal 33% power from an opponents power , not make it out of thin air .

The excuse given by kabam mike dosent make sense , according to him she can’t steal any power if they have none on first use of a sp2 And as she “remembers” the power from before so she can’t steal power from any subsequent sp2 use , ( which I doubt will happen even tho it’s stated that way )
    But...
    If she uses sp2 when they do have power and they can keep spamming sp2 even if they have no power because she can “remember” the power from before ( and as it was always noticed she can pull back a full bar of power from less than 33% )

Behave , if you believe that dribble I’m sorry for you .
    Ever notice how he can state such a thing but no info on why it hasn’t been noticed or updated in over 3 years?
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    @Pot_Belly_Papa1
    Your comment on the other post (now deleted maybe?) with the screen shot actually has an explanation from Kabam Miike as to why she was stealing from zero power bar if I read that correctly. If they have a zero power meter then she uses a power steal memory of the last power steal she used. He seems to say that was intended (although clearly not stated anywhere else) and that changing her recently was not intended but a result of another back end change. That's why they're fixing her. She's apparently NOT broke.

That is, of course, if I am reading that correctly.
    edited June 2018
    8g9tuqdzkf1u.png
    That one ?

If so then yeah , if you PS from the off and they have no power when you do it there’s nothing to remember so she won’t power steal . But obviously from that if she has power from her first PS she will remember for every other one .

Sounds like a well improvised excuse to me to stop all the carnage they created but hey ho .

It’s done and soon to be sorted so all good , I can get back to game then .