**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

DOMINO VS STARK SPIDEY

As far as i understand domino's sig deals energy damage when your ability label appears on screen (meaning it tried to proc) but it doesn't trigger on the gameplay. If i'm reading this correctly then i think domino has a bug,
I fought domino with stark spidey in this month's special event and i noticed i was triggering her sig every time she made contact with me or i tried to MANUALLY evade, and none evade label appeared, meaning spidey's passive evade didn't attempt to trigger. Got hit and critical failure, attempt to evade critical failure, and i also thing is worth mentioning that tech champs (according to her description) never get unlucky, so my manual evades and dexterity mastery should not be failing.
Now i think this bug has to do something with true strike, maybe domino's sig is considering that sparky is trying to evade all the time because of that and also putting passive and manual evades in the same bag, so that's why every time domino is trying to hit me or hitting me i'm getting critical failures 24/7.
I support this suspicions whit my experience fighting domino with medusa because this didn't happen, i'd only get critical failures when a fury label appeared but no fury was activated, or when armor break label appeared but no armor break was applied.

Comments

• NOBUMENOBUME Posts: 12
    edited June 2018
    i doubt it. he has 3-10% chance to trigger an evade, but when it doesn't even attempt to trigger an evade i it isn't failing. i'm not drinking water right now because im not thirsty, but that doesn't mean i'm failing at drinking water, does it?.
    i'd like a more in detail explanation from kabam to help me understand what it really means, and know whether it is inteded or not, and get this solve if it isn't which i'm possitive is the case.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    The spotlight thread uses wolvy as an example (buried way down in the comments and typically only after someone asks for clarification) and Miike says for every crit that doesn't proc regen, he eats damage.

It has nothing to do with the crit, rather that an ability that can trigger when he crits, didn't.

So for spark, every time he doesn't evade, he eats it.

Sounds like every champ that can trigger an ability but has a low percentage chance of it happening is going to eat damage.

It's clearly intended until defense is stacked with Dominos, content gets wrecked, and the till stops ringing.

Then it might be a bug.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    Stark definitely is one of the champs to use to beat her
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the info. So this might really be intended.
    Why sparky is a good champ to use against her after what we've seen? Maybe he could have a better time against a none true strike domino.
    On top of that she'll surely became the next definitive aw boss, she's magik 2.0 basically. Damage because DIE, and not just blade is hopeless agaisnt her but 99% of the current roster of mcoc is (not sure if theres someone that can have some sort of countermeasure, im leaving 1% free). And now turns out even a chsmp with the class adventage (a really popular one) will have a pretty bad time too.
    They won't fix her when she's all over the aw map, they'll sell us the solution (new champ) as usual. C'mon kabam im trying to recover my love for the game but you just keep pushing me further and further to my retirement, please tell me something is actually "broken" and you're working to fix it.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    They went way overboard on her. I didn’t complain about Blade, Modok or Infinity War Iron Man. Just fought her as the boss on the hardest Merc mission and she killed 4 champs easy. I evade perfectly and grenade still hits me. I parry and lose life. I hit her and lose life. I block and she goes through it and lose life. I attack and almost all crits fail and I lose life in the process. Come on... a little too much “luck” going on. There is literally no amount of skill here. Magik 2.0.... no. Infinity war Thanos reincarnated 2.1
    Even though he was nerfed? Don’t tell AA owners that. 😂

RNG probably. I didn’t actually get hit, but when your successfully completed evade “fails” and you eat a grenade as a result with a 4* 5 50 it’s lights out.
    edited June 2018
    Thanos iw was a fair challenge to me, there are videos on youtube of him being soloed, for the most part i'd say he didn't have unavoidable damge that couldn't be countered with skill, besides it needed only one run and you won't see him anywhere esle. I just thinlk kabam did a good job with him.
    On the other hand domino...sigh...
    Block and boom, damage... Evade and boom, damage...attack and boom damge...
    Some champs are safe from one or two but everyone (including vision, the champ they suggested as a strong counter on the spotliht) is in danger, sps power burn can fail, and parry and dexterity (2 must have masteries) can damage you, and i'm probably missing mor examples line inequity
    Even AA, immune to abillity accuaricy reduction isn't safe.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    It was an easy fight with AA

You have a video of this fight, because when i used my 4* 4/40 AA vs her in master mode assassin assignment, he was destroyed by critical failure energy damage.

Uncollected Domino wasn’t terrible. I just ran against her and she killed stark with a grenade that he evaded, but didn’t... so there’s still that. The one that gave me trouble was the 20k version as the boss in the hardest merc mission. I only got 4* 5x50 and it was manageable but very tough. I fought Thor Ragnarok just before that in an earlier merc mission in the same spot and didn’t lose anything more than block damage. She can be very “lucky”.
    Critical failure... in more ways than one

a9teli0tqrny.png
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Critical failure... in more ways than one

a9teli0tqrny.png

I am getting many critical failures with him. Something does seem amiss here. She pretty much shreds champions blocking, parrying, or using abilities. More testing needed but I haven’t been shredded by a 17k in this manner without special nodes like this.

It’s not that she’s unbeatable. It’s just that she seems to apply a ton of damage naturally without hitting me.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Okay there's many things that can occur while blocking
    Triggering things like armour up (Iron Men and Ultron etc.), stuff like auto-evades (Stark Spidey, Black Widow), perfect block even (Captain Americas, MS), even Mephisto's aura of incineration
    edited June 2018
    It's pretty obvious kabam doesn't test champions, or do really poor tests on them, because who in their right mind would approve something like this?. They are just in time tho to make a propper change to the character before it's widespread. Severaly reducing damage taken, make her sig a chance of proc and not one guaranteed, or other ways to play around it.
    Damage out of nowhere for the sake of DIE isn't funny at all.
    At this rate by the end of the year they are gonna make a champion that can instantly kill you at the start of the fight.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    It was an easy fight with AA

You have a video of this fight, because when i used my 4* 4/40 AA vs her in master mode assassin assignment, he was destroyed by critical failure energy damage.

These random one off fights of someone saying she was easy is a dumb post. Which domino matters a lot against what level AA. Also, it is about multiple plays not just a single one.

It’s like saying you opened 1 golden crystal and got goldpool. Cool story bro, great info.