**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it worth ranking up a 5* Iceman to R4 - all things considered....

mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
I've long anticipated ranking up 5* Iceman to R4. Well that time has come, but for the first time since 12.0 release, and only the second time since I've started playing I am now doubting if I should rank him up or not.

Given what has happened with Drax, AA, ect., with the latest release I am questioning how long it will be before coldsnap's usefulness is diminished .

It just seems like with the direction Kabam is going with the game, the quiet and unapologetic modifications being made, that investing in any champ at all is pointless.

Comments

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Jeepetti wrote: »
    Absolutely. His utility alone of triple immunity makes him worth it.

Similar to my thoughts... I have just lost so much faith that someone I rank up now won't be nerfed down the road that I'm questioning everything
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    If you think like that then you will never be able to rank anything. Just go for it. Even AA is still a beast, people are exaggerating so they can guilt Kabam into some Rank down tickets.
    LoPresti wrote: »
    If you think like that then you will never be able to rank anything. Just go for it. Even AA is still a beast, people are exaggerating so they can guilt Kabam into some Rank down tickets.

unfortunately that's the thinking that myself and I know quite a few others are left with.

I don't see the changes as exaggerating LATELY when you have become dependent on certain champs behaving a specific way to have that changed.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

unfortunately that's the thinking that myself and I know quite a few others are left with.

I don't see the changes as exaggerating LATELY when you have become dependent on certain champs behaving a specific way to have that changed.

In both cases, they weren't actually meant to behave that way. Now, there was some miscommuncation with AA, but Drax has never been technically able to bypass Evade.
    Iceman has Coldsnap. That much is in writing. ;)

In both cases, they weren't actually meant to behave that way. Now, there was some miscommuncation with AA, but Drax has never been technically able to bypass Evade.

For now...
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    07pgw47ip0sz.jpg

I leave this here and you tell me if he's worth a R4

The problem which I just saw with Drax against GG in AW is that the first hit landed, but GG evaded the second hit...

Something much bigger changed in the evade handing when you use Drax as an attacker.

And we have seen plenty of times where "in writing" has been changed, after all it's Kabam's right to change as they see fit at any time ...
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited June 2018

The problem which I just saw with Drax against GG in AW is that the first hit landed, but GG evaded the second hit...

Something much bigger changed in the evade handing when you use Drax as an attacker.

And we have seen plenty of times where "in writing" has been changed, after all it's Kabam's right to change as they see fit at any time ...

Wasn't the last time that happened in 12.0?
    Voltolos wrote: »

Wasn't the last time that happened in 12.0?

Release 18.0 where they "fixed" things is. They just no longer consider these things changes the champs and instead call them enhancements or fixes.
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Just rank him, he's great. He was my first r4. Also the coldsnap damage isn't the biggest benefit, it's the evade destruction and placing frostbite charges you can detonate with a heavy. With those worries you could say the same about literally any champ. AA is still great, etc. But Ice is better.
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    Do it bro. You won't regret it. I'm actually considering taking mine to r5 next. I completely understand where you are coming from. This last update....I have never seen such a terrible amount of bugs, and I have been playing regularly since mid 2015. That being said, Iceman is a utilities master. Do it. Kabam is going to change things regardless, at least enjoy what you can when you can
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    101%
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    He's definitely worth it. A God champ without being awakened. He's extremely versatile and well worth the resources. It's unlikely he'll get nerfed. I don't think coldsnap is in danger of that.
  • Coors_ltCoors_lt Posts: 28
    I've long anticipated ranking up 5* Iceman to R4. Well that time has come, but for the first time since 12.0 release, and only the second time since I've started playing I am now doubting if I should rank him up or not.

Given what has happened with Drax, AA, ect., with the latest release I am questioning how long it will be before coldsnap's usefulness is diminished .

It just seems like with the direction Kabam is going with the game, the quiet and unapologetic modifications being made, that investing in any champ at all is pointless.

Even with the change to AA to prevent him from stunning stun immune he's still an r4 worthy champ. Unless they take away Iceman's immunity, prevent evade champs from being impacted by coldsnap and no longer allow Iceman to tank an sp3 then he's worth the r4. Personally I still find him to be a top 3 option for the Mutant AG as a 5* even.