**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"Graceful kick" button

So, this has been on my mind for a while now. I've had to kick about 10 players in the last year because they were either not up to snuff or just not active enough, but i've come to know them and I dont want them to lose out on AQ/alliance rewards and milestones if they join a lower, less active alliance while they sort our their IRL stuff.

That's when it occured to me, what if there was a "Graceful kick" button, next to the usual, unforgiving kick button. The graceful one would exempt the player from being stuck in that cooldown period when switching alliances. You could include a counter on the sumnmoner's profile, how many "hard kicks" and how many "graceful kicks" they've had, indicating if they're just alliance skippers, dead weight or really just IRL takes over more often.

Just a thought.

Comments

• K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    People would abuse the negative aspects of having those 'unforgiving' blemishes on profiles by kicking more often. The trolling would be immense. Bad idea, imo.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I like the concept, but disagree with the idea of tracking their kick history.

It could be attached to their profile in the background so that when they join a new alliance, the code will automatically reinstate them into the rewards of the new alliance.
  • LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited June 2017
    So if I understand correctly you are suggesting all the alliance hoppers to get gracefully kicked to bypass the blackout period?
  • xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    So if I understand correctly you are suggesting all the alliance hoppers to get gracefully kicked to bypass the blackout period?

not quite, he was suggesting if you have to kick a friend because things are going on in there life and dont want them to suffer the blackout period you can "use the special kick" but i still think it would be abused more than anything.
  • xion360 wrote: »

not quite, he was suggesting if you have to kick a friend because things are going on in there life and dont want them to suffer the blackout period you can "use the special kick" but i still think it would be abused more than anything.

Good intention and I understand where he is coming from but just don't see that happening and it will get exploited like you suggested.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    I like the idea as well for situations like the one I find myself in now. I had some family stuff going on, and needed to step away from alliance responsibilities for a few weeks. I was an officer, had been with them since the beginning, but had a necessary break. That has passed, and I'm back in my alliance, though now I'm in the blackout period. I wasn't hopping. So it feels a bit like I'm being punished for not having someone else run my account.

I'm not complaining, btw. I knew what was going to happen, and this is a game, so life had to take priority. Something like this, though, would have made it nice for me.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    It'd be a really easy way to grow an alt account instead of developing and building it the right way.
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    yeah, i was just looking at it from my point of view, which was not to abuse it, but rather use it in a helpful manner... naive huh