**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ranking 4* Hyperion or 4* Medusa for 5/50

AcuTarAAcuTarA Posts: 139
Both are not duped, and it will be my first 5/50 champion. Hyperion's Signature ability is nice, but not completely necessary. Medusa gains incredible advantage and I'm eagerly waiting another 4* Medusa to dupe her. The thing is I use my Medusa in AQ for the Sentinels (And questing) , but I don't know what purpose does Hyperion have in the endgame. I know they are both really good in AW defense, Hyperion in power gain nodes and Medusa awakened with that autoblock, but I'm searching to improve my offense team first.
I'm not against buying an awakening gem from the unit store if I have money to spare at the moment.
I don't know if she benefits from Deep Wounds that I have ranked 2.
Thanks.

Ranking 4* Hyperion or 4* Medusa for 5/50 52 votes

Hyperion (unduped)
65%
Alfa_PigeonSlux83vg2782TheManMythLegendbuffajrSpeedbumpphillgreenGAM3RGUYDERPYREVENGERCosmic_Ray13ZarakikSpiritOfVengeancevinniegainzAKTEKshchong2Youconfusedadknight27taojay1BahamutXerograv1ty 34 votes
Medusa (unduped)
34%
XillymanMonasouDukeZmanIl_JooOnameplashydrogohardSuperSam57PizzabeatElitehunterDizzyFrivolousz21PaytoPlayHobbyhmnNoob2435mike867ShadPrinceValgorCowabunga 18 votes

Comments

• MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    Medusa (unduped)
    Both are outstanding champions. I would say medusa has more utility though. That armor shatter is insane.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Hyperion (unduped)
    Hyperion is better
  • Hyperion (unduped)
    Unduped, hyperion is more useful.
    Basically parry, heavy, sp2 repeat for big damage.
    He is also a viable option for sentinels with this tactic.
    When you sit on sp3 you gain cosmic charges, these increase hyperions attack.
    You will use him in endgame content for sure.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Hyperion (unduped)
    Unduped, hyperion is more useful.
    Basically parry, heavy, sp2 repeat for big damage.
    He is also a viable option for sentinels with this tactic.
    When you sit on sp3 you gain cosmic charges, these increase hyperions attack.
    You will use him in endgame content for sure.

Agreed, now if only I had one better than a 3*
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Hyperion (unduped)
    I have a 5/50 Hypes. Use him almost every quest and he’s a beast on AW defense power gain node. Plus he’s extremely useful lend game with burst damage. Great in road to labyrinth to get past safeguard with SP1 and good for act 5 quest that you only get damage from using SPs. But it doesn’t really mater because you will want both 5/50 eventually. But I’m a Hypes fan.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    Hyperion (unduped)
    hyperion all the way and heres why
    -free power gain
    -deadly s2
    -parry then heavy for furies and increased damage
    -do a s3 and that does heavy damage (if furies are stacked plus his cosmic overcharges) and will give you another s3 (gives you 3 power gains basically)
    -poison immune
    -gains passive cosmic overcharges that increase attack,physical res up to 3

hyperion is so much better in my opinion. i mean medusa is amazing but she needs to be duped to really be amazing but i still love her. i have both 5* r3 hype and medusa so i know what im talking about

and for end game hype got me through so much
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Hyperion (unduped)
    Normally I would choose Medusa, but unduped Hype is the way to go. The problem with him is that he kinda relies on heavys for the most damage. Medusa has a lot more utility
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Hyperion (unduped)
    mike867 wrote: »
    Medusa makes for a better overall champion whereas Hyperion is mainly for offense and has less utilities. I only have hyperion, 3*, but I know Medusa is the best option in cosmic for now

Hyperion is useful for defense, just put him on kinetic reactor
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Hyperion (unduped)
    You have much better luck than I have. But seriously I'd go with Hyperion. By spamming heavy attacks, you can get insane damage, and you have regen. He is also harder to fight on alliance war defense. That's why is go with Hyperion.
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    Hyperion (unduped)
    In simple terms;
    Medusa unawakened≤Hyperion unawakened<Hyperion awakened≤Medusa Awakened.

• AY_WonderlandAY_Wonderland Posts: 112
    Hyperion (unduped)
    If both duped, Medusa for sure!
    If both not duped, Hyperion.
  • AcuTarAAcuTarA Posts: 139
    Thanks to everyone on your feedback. I finally decided to rank Medusa because I've been using her on multiple ocations and fell in love. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love hyperion and I think she beats Medusa if both unduped, but I 5/50 Medusa and have the cash ready when an offer appears.
  • ValgorValgor Posts: 4
    Medusa (unduped)
    Sure Hyperion is a BIT better at offence Medusa can be used for both.
    Overall I think Medusa is a better champion.