**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do 4 stars have a future in this game anymore ?

_GRINDER__GRINDER_ Posts: 538 ★★★
With the introduction of 6 stars are 4 stars redundant ? I mean in war if there is a 4 star placed as a defender I am almost 100% sure I'll never die.

Do you guys think that 4 stars still have a future in this game for members in medium to advance alliances ? If yes , can you tell how .

Comments

• Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Yes. At least until 7 stars show up next year
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Yeah untill I stop pulling crappy 5*s
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    4 stars are what 3 stars were. Just a means to get more 5/6 star shards. Once you have a solid 5/6 star roster, then yes... 4 stars are redundant. I never use 4 stars anymore, not even in defense.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    4* will have a place in progression, and right now they still have a place in the game. But if you're asking if resources should be saved for 5*-6*, id say work on the 5-6*. I still rank a few 4* but its when I have extra resources or dupe a champ that would actually help me.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    imho not worthy 5/50, even 4/40 - better have some meh 5* 2/35 for arena points

they may have some use, if you won't be allowed to use 5* or 6* in act 6, but I don't think this can happen
  • Options
    oakoak Posts: 43
    But yea, if you have solid 5*, dont think twice about ranking them up over 4*. Their lifespan is limited :D
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    4* will have a place in progression, and right now they still have a place in the game. But if you're asking if resources should be saved for 5*-6*, id say work on the 5-6*. I still rank a few 4* but its when I have extra resources or dupe a champ that would actually help me.

I'd agree to a degree, for example would you put resources into 5* Agent Venom or 4* Blade? If you're not getting good enough 5* champs to be worth an R4 and you want to keep progressing into act 5 , uncollected etc you'll need to max out elite 4* to keep going. Then obviously once you've maxed enough 4* or pulled worthy 5* you can start moving away from 4s and into 5 and 6 territory. As we all know this takes some serious time to accomplish.

Ill fully agree with this. Hence my first sentence they will have a place in progression!
  • Options
    AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    Depends solely on your roster. If you've gotten good pulls of 5*s like Yondu, Modok, Green Goblin, Magik, Blade, Starky, etc, then Yes 4*s are completely redundant (given you have enough (16) to run War, AQ, Quests).
  • Options
    Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    If they are not, then no one will put up 15mil score for Domino
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    the only 4*s that matter are sw, thor, and electro(for strictly aw defence). so 4*s are still somewhat relevent till they release the 5* versions of those guys..hopefully
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    4* champs are still useful for the early stages of the game. You can do uncollected with 4* but it’s cheaper with 5* Champs.

You can do LOL with a 4* SL but it’s cheaper with a 5*

Put it this way I wouldn’t spend a dime on any crystal with only 4*s in it.
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    the only 4*s that matter are sw, thor, and electro(for strictly aw defence). so 4*s are still somewhat relevent till they release the 5* versions of those guys..hopefully

RIP my Vision AoU from this list :(
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★

in my opinion most of the 4 stars that aren't available at higher levels are worth r5 still, especially sw, wolvie, vision, cap wwii (lacks the 5 star version). Thor is a maybe, but unlike the others he isn't god tier at a specific ability, just another damage dealer. Didn't mention wm or jf or similar cuz they suck, and ds bc he was nerfed too hard (someday I am still gonna r5 mine tho, in hopes that he will be buffed)
  • Options
    IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    No
  • Options

RIP my Vision AoU from this list :(

LOL no youre right and him too. how did i forget the boi!
  • Options
    taojay1 wrote: »

in my opinion most of the 4 stars that aren't available at higher levels are worth r5 still, especially sw, wolvie, vision, cap wwii (lacks the 5 star version). Thor is a maybe, but unlike the others he isn't god tier at a specific ability, just another damage dealer. Didn't mention wm or jf or similar cuz they suck, and ds bc he was nerfed too hard (someday I am still gonna r5 mine tho, in hopes that he will be buffed)

forgot about wolvie too! add him to the 4* r5 worthy list!
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Ehhh they can still fit a niche use if you dont have a 5* to use for it.

In general however, theyve really become the new 3*. Just redundant, good for iso and shards.
  • Options
    Splatattack8Splatattack8 Posts: 68
    I kinda agree. But I mean like, some duped or 5/50 4 stars are higher than some 5 stars. My friend Lacrosseboss4 has a 5/50 blade that is better than his 5 star X-23 and way better than his 5 star Colossus and 5 star Superior Iron Man. (I feel really bad about his bad tier 5 stars)
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Primmer79 wrote: »

I'd agree to a degree, for example would you put resources into 5* Agent Venom or 4* Blade? If you're not getting good enough 5* champs to be worth an R4 and you want to keep progressing into act 5 , uncollected etc you'll need to max out elite 4* to keep going. Then obviously once you've maxed enough 4* or pulled worthy 5* you can start moving away from 4s and into 5 and 6 territory. As we all know this takes some serious time to accomplish.

This. A quality 4* champ highly duped at R5 is better than a majority of unduped junk 5*'s. I just pulled Iceman, woke him up and took him right to R5 over my duped 5* storm or unduped Mags and Cyclops. R3 duped storm vs R5 duped Iceman? Yeah, easy decision.

5*'s are still not nearly as plentiful as 4's, and until you start pulling the good ones and duping a majority of those good ones, 4's are still essential. Plus, it's a lot harder to get a 5* awakening or even dupe a 5 that you want to dupe.
  • Options
    Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    Few of them are really appreciable and giving tough fight to 6* like our thor,sl,sw etc they deserve r5
    And other gods which are available in 5* can be ranked up if you have rank up gem or expiring catalyst
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I'm essentially done ranking up 4* champs, but that's because I already have 15 of them maxed out. That's not to say I wouldn't R5 another one if it would help me out. I still routinely use 4* champs in each aspect of the game (some moreso than others). AA, Spark, Medusa, Scarlet Witch, X23, Starlord, Luke Cage, Iceman, Hype and Kingpin have all been used recently.

I do tend to focus my resources on 5* champs as much as possible, but even that's limited to those champs that actually make my roster better. I may only take them to R2 to help with arena points, but I won't take 5* Hulkbuster to R3 simply because it doesn't help me enough to justify the costs. I'd rather continue stockpiling Tech and T1a cats. I'd rather R5 my 4* Dorm or Magik instead of a 5* IronFist or Juggy.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Until you're fielding a team of 5* champs 4* will be useful.

To be precise, until you can field an AW attack team, a full AW defense team, an AQ team, and a questing team completely full of 5* champs, 4* champs will still be useful. And even then, circumstances change. They can change in ways that make certain 4* champs more useful than other sometimes even higher ranked 5* champs.

Currently, my *priority* is to expand and rank up my roster of 5* champions. But that doesn't mean I won't rank up a 4* champion I think would be useful. My most recent new 4* was Void, and I fairly quickly ranked him up to 5/50.

In general, I think roster priorities and rank up decisions have almost nothing to do with the "state of the game" and everything to do with the state of the player. So there is no one answer to those questions that make sense for everyone.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Aside from higher-tiered AW, you can do pretty much everything in the game with 4* champs. There are plenty of videos out there that prove it, so long as you have the skill to wield them to their full potential.

5* champs just make it easier, but only if you get them up to 4/55. Otherwise they're essentially just another 4*.

6* champs are instant game changers, even the garbage ones. Even a 6* Khan could get you through a lot of content more easily than most of the available 4* champs.

That being said, my MVPs for the Thanos Infinity fights were 4* champs (AA & Luke Cage). I've even deliberately benched my 4/55 Blade and Voodoo for different 4* champs for specific fights in quests.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    I have over 110 4*

I still think they have use but at my level I don't really need them like I used to.

some people haven't even been playing that long and automatically think with 6* they don't need to put in the work for a 4*.

4* was super valuable

back in the old days...

I had to 100% act 3 just get my first 4*

nowadays u can play for beginner arenas to get ur first 4*, just play monthly event to get shards, back in the day there wasn't event summoners advancement, and u can just sit in an alliance nowadays and get easy 4* shards from alliance events. Did I also say...getting dupes didn't get u shards for duping champs?

anyways new players have it easy.