**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

v18.1 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Hey Everybody,

I'm sorry to report that a moderator gave you incorrect information when this was first reported. We know how important it is for us to be sure that we are giving you the most accurate information that we possibly can.

This was a bug, and although it was a long standing one, it doesn't mean that we didn't have to fix it. Archangel’s Stun was not acting like every other stun in the game.

The issue with having a Stun that does not act like a debuff is that it was causing a lot of problems, and with more new content and modes being added, this was becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Archangel was not only able to bypass Stun Immune nodes, but his stun would bypass other Champions abilities, like Agent Venom's Tenacity or Black Panther (Civil War)'s Reflect Stun, as well as not interact with Masteries like Willpower.

With this interaction becoming more and more prevalent in different game modes, we started seeing more of these problems come up, and this bug was one that became more of a priority.

We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

OK I can get that. Stun on stun immunity nodes was pretty weird...

But what about Drax who was one of the only champs who could counter Mordo's astral evade with his unique first double hit. How can you explain that? I ranked up my 5-star Drax for 2 reasons (and many player did so) : 1 : He's a big damage dealer. 2 : He can smash Mordo without worrying about parry. So what now?

• marcusbluemarcusblue Posts: 12
    Nothing was done on the lag issue on iPhone 6, what a ****

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    So lets see in one patch

...Made it so Drax can't bypass mordo astral evade with his first medium.

Sorry, what?

Has this happened?

Add me on line and I can show you video I just made or try drax against a mordo.
    He evaded 3/3 Or 4/4 attempts

I just did this in arenas and didn't have any problems. Parry-stunned Mordo four or five times then Medium attached him, no problem and no Degeneration.

Still, there could have been done minor animation changes leading to effects on your game and not mine. You should post that video as a bug in its own thread with phone/OS details - would be nice for it to be acknowledged as something that (1) hasn't been intentionally changed, and (2) isn't going to be changed.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    So lets see in one patch

...Made it so Drax can't bypass mordo astral evade with his first medium.

Sorry, what?

Has this happened?

Add me on line and I can show you video I just made or try drax against a mordo.
    He evaded 3/3 Or 4/4 attempts

I just did this in arenas and didn't have any problems. Parry-stunned Mordo four or five times then Medium attached him, no problem and no Degeneration.

Still, there could have been done minor animation changes leading to effects on your game and not mine. You should post that video as a bug in its own thread with phone/OS details - would be nice for it to be acknowledged as something that (1) hasn't been intentionally changed, and (2) isn't going to be changed.

Hang on, sorry - haven't auto-updated. Still playing 18.0.

I'm seeing more threads about this, too. My mistake. 😒
  • DoferoDofero Posts: 6
    @Kabam Miike can you please explain to me when asked about a buff to Carnage you told us that there was a bug issue with Beta testing and now you guy are using the beta again without the buff to Carnage has the bug been fix and if so when can we expect to see Carnage buffed
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Since yesterdays update, Autofight doesn't stay on in story quests

I predict they won't fix this until the next update; at least 1 month.

Mine turns on(I have it off)

• DucimusDucimus Posts: 32
    Is it appropriate to post here that the potency of the 5* version of Superior Ironman's Arc Overload has greatly reduced since the last update? At sig level 99, It used to heal him for about 8k HP but now it's healing for about 4k.
  • IdelestIdelest Posts: 43
    I would like to say one more thing about Archangel here since reading his abilities in the champions spotlight, they state that:
    • Neurotoxins are a Passive effect, and therefore do not count as either a Debuff, or a Poison.
    • On expiry, Neurotoxins have a 100% Chance to Stun their target for 0.5 seconds. This effect will not interrupt a Special Attack.

That is direct wording from the spotlight. Now a NT does not count as a debuff. The NT will stun the opponent. It does NOT say that the NT will apply a stun debuff to the opponent, it states that the NT, which is NOT a debuff, will stun the target.

Look, this is all semantics and it can be read both ways easily, which is why I believe the game team should stick by their statement that it was working as intended. Change it back!
  • DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    Idelest wrote: »
    I would like to say one more thing about Archangel here since reading his abilities in the champions spotlight, they state that:
    • Neurotoxins are a Passive effect, and therefore do not count as either a Debuff, or a Poison.
    • On expiry, Neurotoxins have a 100% Chance to Stun their target for 0.5 seconds. This effect will not interrupt a Special Attack.

That is direct wording from the spotlight. Now a NT does not count as a debuff. The NT will stun the opponent. It does NOT say that the NT will apply a stun debuff to the opponent, it states that the NT, which is NOT a debuff, will stun the target.

Look, this is all semantics and it can be read both ways easily, which is why I believe the game team should stick by their statement that it was working as intended. Change it back!

Go and look at it again, even after the update. The header for that entire section is listed as passive.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Drax is indeed pointless now. I would like to hear from Kabam what the utility/purpose of Drax is supposed to be now. Seriously... why is he in the game? What does he do?

They post that I can now use Antman. Well... that's really helpful information now that I have a R4 5* duped Drax that I have invested heavily in. Let me just magically reassign all those items to my Antman.

It's not about not having the skill to beat Mordo or Spiderman the hard way with another champ. Yes, I can do that. I'm confident in my abilities to do that. It's about the fact that I invested some insanely hard to get resources into a character who used to be able to do that for me, and a few days later is straight up rubbish bin material. That was all Drax was good for and they have taken it away silently, removing everything that made Drax worth anything.

Sure he hits somewhat above average still. But ask my 5* unranked unduped Angela if Drax impresses her. The look on her face will tell you that she thinks Drax is a useless wimp who now has zero utility and zero reason to exist in the game. I will agree with her. There is simply no reason for Drax to be in the game anymore.

It simply reinforces how much of a waste of time aspiring for anything in this game is. We analyse our rosters, find the gaps, and then grind so much of our lives away to fill those gaps. And we feel that elation like we have accomplished something with all that time spent, and will reap the rewards. Then Kabam just changes it all on a whim without informing anyone.

Makes you realise all the grinding, the clearing of hard content, the money invested... it's such a complete waste of time.
    Hav to told u this with Drax was a bug so if upgrade Drax from and to be yours mordo killer then Not good becees ther had in the pass say it wher a bug becasse of fram
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    And in all honesty...can someone please tell me why Drax is in the game then? Is it just so he can give a pathetic little synergy boost to Starlord? That's the only use I can see for him now.

He’s still a beast. Wish I could upload the vid I just took. NC never evaded him. I did switch the stance, but before that, no evades either. Plus, I’m not that great (decent, but nothing special) and my 3* destroyed NC.

rcmysatzgs19.png
    d6lumjjuv143.png

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I’m using an even older iPhone 6. it lags and does weird stuff moving in the AQ map too. I basically force close every 30 minutes or so and it helps.

I went back and did another NC duel. I was wondering if Drax could just keep going without switching his stance and I got evaded and combod to oblivion. I haven’t tested with Mordo much.

Overall I still like the furies and bleeds with my Masteries. Perhaps not as niche anymore, but he’s not useless. Granted he’s not my top guy. I don’t have him as a 4 or a 5, so can understand that it’s a bummer for those he is/was their best champ.
  • TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    The change with drax is not a frame thing the distance that the evade uses was increased no single evade has ever moved over half the screen and now ultron does
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    The change with drax is not a frame thing the distance that the evade uses was increased no single evade has ever moved over half the screen and now ultron does

You mean we might have been given bad information? Say it ain't so!

The fact is they made changes that significantly reduced Drax's useability seems to be getting ignored. While they are probably right and didn't directly make changes to Drax, the changes they made in mechanics seem to impact Drax the most so far.

All this is working as intended I'm sure, which it seems the intent was to reduce Drax's usefulness.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 126
    Well now that drax is truly "working as intended" I guess nows the perfect time to delete the game. I stopped the heavy playing a year ago but the drax was the fun I had left(after nuking my account). Now that hes completely useless I can say thanks for giving me back that memory on my phone.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,646 Guardian
    Dshu wrote: »
    How are we supposed to know who is next for the nerf list? Trying to rank up champs is nearly impossible.

And yet I keep ranking up champs. If you can't make decisions without a perfect crystal ball of the future, then MMOs are not the best gaming option for you. All of these games promise the same thing: the game will change in ways players may not get advanced warning about, and game play decisions need to presume that anything could change at any time. You can argue any one particular change should or shouldn't happen, but you cannot argue that the game shouldn't change at all once you've decided to make a decision. That's an argument you cannot win, and honestly for the most part you won't find enough players to support that argument to make it winnable.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,646 Guardian
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Post the changes in the patch notes with a real description of what and why, then implement in the following months update.

I'm unaware of anyone that does that normally. Huge advance warning tends to cause more problems than it solves on the rare instances it is done. The biggest problem you create is that every single change becomes a battle ground where players think they can simply demand that a change not happen if they are loud enough for long enough.

In a perfect world, if I was in charge my policy would be that anyone who ranked up a champion within thirty days of a significant change (which would have to be defined) would get a champion-specific rank down ticket for that champion only which would expire after a limited amount of time.

And then I would spend the next million years arguing with players over the fact that the thirty day window was the wrong amount of time, and how much brain damage was necessary to implement that window. Because even in a perfect world, there's no such thing as a perfect solution more than a minority of players will quietly accept.