**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why hp are not % based?

In many forums kabam talks about the meta of the game and how they are growing the game and when many arguments are brought to them about why they are doing something. Sometimes their answer is the meta and the growth and future of the game. I am all for that. However, has that meta/growth been one sided the last 6 months or more? Many things have been benificial and with AW seasons and Dungeons I am all for it. However with those come the responsibility to allow the player base to grow and have their own meta evolution. One Issue among many issues is health potions. My two 6* champs have 22-24k health. So because I have 6* champs I have to pay more for full health? I would not believe that is what Kabam wants to portray. A 6k pot to me is 1/4 of my health, were most 5/50 and rank 3 it is almost half. So why are health potions not % based? I tried to think of that would give an advantage to higher hp players but I couldn’t think of one. So is it something that should be and maybe in the workings with you kabam? I don’t want to feel like I am punished currency wise (cash or units or glory) for having certain level of characters.

Comments

• Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    100% agree. I always have potions expiring now because I don’t bother using them on my 5* champs since they’re so worthless
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    Crine60 wrote: »
    Revives are % based healing, health potions should be the same.
    Half correct. Alliance war / AQ revives are not % based. You get 350 hp for LvL 1 like come on?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    There isn't a "should be" here. This simply is how they were designed to be.

Yes there were like almost 4 years ago. They should scale or be buffed to be more in line with the much bigger health pools.

Come on extripa why you like always this
  • Be careful what you wish for, Kabam and percentage based numbers aren’t working well on the bane node in the current uncollected event quest. Supposed to be 2.5% whoever gets the bane, I did the math through screen shots and currently the node defender gets .3% health loss per tick and the attacker is recieving a health loss of 4.25% per tick. With the exception of collecting peoples money, Kabam and numbers don’t mix well, especially when they make the rules.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Besides being something that would benefit the players, there really isn't any reason for this to happen.
    Not that I wouldn't want it to be changed or anything, it simply isn't a case of "it should changed".
    Be careful what you wish for, Kabam and percentage based numbers aren’t working well on the bane node in the current uncollected event quest. Supposed to be 2.5% whoever gets the bane, I did the math through screen shots and currently the node defender gets .3% health loss per tick and the attacker is recieving a health loss of 4.25% per tick. With the exception of collecting peoples money, Kabam and numbers don’t mix well, especially when they make the rules.

That node is based on the opponent's base HP. That's why they seem to take less damage, but they are actually taking the correct damage of their base HP
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Common sense idea.
    Sadly kabams excuse is that “newer players wouldn’t get the same value as an older player if it was % based”
  • Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    Common sense idea.
    Sadly kabams excuse is that “newer players wouldn’t get the same value as an older player if it was % based”

By that logic, newer players are getting more value than me as an older player, since they spend 200 units to fully heal their champ while I spend 500 units to do the same.

Kabam at it’s finest.
    Common sense idea.

By that logic, newer players are getting more value than me as an older player, since they spend 200 units to fully heal their champ while I spend 500 units to do the same.

Kabam at it’s finest.

If you have potions that give you 1k HP, it doesn't matter in what champion you use it on, it will give you the same amount of HP.
    It'syour decision only whether you want to fully heal your champions or not
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    But if you’re doing the same content, you won’t even need to heal all the way up because your attack is that much higher than the newer players
  • helloguyshelloguys Posts: 90
    Common sense idea.

Kabam at it’s finest.

If you have potions that give you 1k HP, it doesn't matter in what champion you use it on, it will give you the same amount of HP.
    It'syour decision only whether you want to fully heal your champions or not

Are you 24/7 on the forums?
    It doesn't matter if a 1-star champ heals 50% HP while your 6-star heals 2% only.
    They both heal the same HP. That is what is intended, and that's how it should be.
    Revives are a different story. They work differently and have another use.

"Posts like these" are posts with minor or normal questions about the game, or even suggestions like this thread is. If it isn't something important about the game that someone needs obligatory to know, then there is no need to call out a mod to a thread.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Maybe it's done so that the game does get harder, and you will have to work harder as you move forward. I personally wouldn't mind percentage pots, but if this element of the game doesn't change then you'll have endgame players who don't necessarily need to work harder than beginners to be able to sustain their champs while questing.
    Also, if you make these resources accessible to everyone, either its a rip-off or it's free resources.
    A level 2 pot is worth 7 units, right? If you converted that to a 15% health boost, I could spend 42 units to give my champ 90% health. And then maybe I wouldn't worry so much about losing health, because I play a few rounds of arena and bam there's 15% health. If you up the price for endgame players to spend a bit more, then beginners are stranded. If you understand what I mean, the logistics kinda start getting more and more complicated.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Also, yeah so more basic potions become useless and they don't do anything basically. So you want potions to do the same thing universally for all champs right?
    Thats a bit like saying you want sig stones to be universal across all tiers (not exactly the same but pretty similar). Why is it that 2* and 3* generic sig stones usually come rolling out of the game, but there's barely any 5* sig stones? Sig stones should apply to all level champs, right?
    It's about advancing through the game, even maybe through life. How come a child can buy a meal for $6 or smth, but I need to spend $30 to be full? As you go on, you change but the world remains constant, and you need to learn to adapt to moving on from older, slightly more obsolete items as you keep getting better and better.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I think both should exist: flat health potions for "regular" champions while maybe "refreshment" potion which does it % based for the top tier champions.
    Sorry if my comments sound like kabam statements. That wasn't my intention. English isn't my nature language so I try to write short things.
    However the majority of what I say isn't just my personal opinion. It is true that this suggestion is not totally a bad thing, but it also has his flaws. And the excuses given aren't very justificative at all.
    The current system makes sense the way it is. It "doesn't need" to be changed.
    You are paying for equal in the current system. You give X units, you get a potion that gives you Y HP. Newer and veteran players pay the same for the same.