**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino Mercs

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I didn't say she needs to be changed. The Merc Mission is extreme for the Rewards. There is no reason why it should be that much of a challenge for 150 Shards. I can take down any other Boss. You start the Fight, you don't Parry and she Crits you to death. You start the Fight, you get CF, and you Degen to death. You start the Fight, you can't Evade or Block in time, you're dead. Can I take her down with effort? Sure. Done it already. It's not worth the amount of effort that goes into it. She's moving faster, amped up, and extremely tricky to deal with. There's no logical reason for it. Even on Heroic. I do it on Auto and she's taking out the odd Champ. Not an issue, but that's an indication that it's different.

I didn't say the problem is with Domino. I said the Fight is too extreme for the Rewards. Shouldn't be that challenging for a few Shards. People can say what they want, but my skill is not the topic, and the more people try to take jabs at it, the more the intention of trolling my comments is apparent. I said the effort is not worth the Rewards. It's not easy, and I'm not entertaining the argument.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    You start the Fight, you don't Parry and she Crits you to death. You start the Fight, you get CF, and you Degen to death. You start the Fight, you can't Evade or Block in time, you're dead....

....i didn't say the problem is with Domino.
    Honestly, this seems like your problem is with domino. I’m not trolling, or causing arguments. But your argument seems to hinge on domino. That indicates your problem is with domino, or the difficulty of domino.
    You start the Fight, you don't Parry and she Crits you to death. You start the Fight, you get CF, and you Degen to death. You start the Fight, you can't Evade or Block in time, you're dead....

Honestly, this seems like your problem is with domino. I’m not trolling, or causing arguments. But your argument seems to hinge on domino. That indicates your problem is with domino, or the difficulty of domino.

The Champ itself I have no problems with. There have been a myriad of Posts surrounding how difficult she is in Mercs, and I'm saying in that Quest specifically, she's too amped up. I can fight her. I've done it in EQ. That Quest she's overboard.

The Champ itself I have no problems with. There have been a myriad of Posts surrounding how difficult she is in Mercs, and I'm saying in that Quest specifically, she's too amped up. I can fight her. I've done it in EQ. That Quest she's overboard.
    So your issue is still with how difficult that particular domino is. That’s like me saying “I’m fine with maestro in act 4 but in LoL he’s just too amped up.”

So your issue is still with how difficult that particular domino is. That’s like me saying “I’m fine with maestro in act 4 but in LoL he’s just too amped up.”

There are also Rewards that are scaled for LOL. If it was a bit more than it is, the challenge level would feel on par. I'd do it without feeling much different. She's extreme, more extreme than any other Boss. Even the speed is faster. It's not proportionate to the few Shards offered. There's no logical reason to have her that extreme given the Event and the nature of the Rewards. It's a bit much. No other Boss poses that much of a problem.
    It's not the same as saying the Champ is the problem because the Champ is performing uniquely in that Quest.

There are also Rewards that are scaled for LOL. If it was a bit more than it is, the challenge level would feel on par. I'd do it without feeling much different. She's extreme, more extreme than any other Boss. Even the speed is faster. It's not proportionate to the few Shards offered. There's no logical reason to have her that extreme given the Event and the nature of the Rewards. It's a bit much. No other Boss poses that much of a problem.
    It's not the same as saying the Champ is the problem because the Champ is performing uniquely in that Quest.
    There are champions that perform better against domino (or less worse), I’d suggest using those. I think in this situation, kabam have set the difficulty bar, and you decide if you want to put in the effort for the rewards. If you didn’t find domino a problem in the event quest, use the same strategy here and you won’t have an issue. Remember that her degen doesn’t scale with nodes so again, no problem in EQ, no problem here. Don’t rely on parry so much, work on intercepts.
    I'm not arguing ad nauseum. That's not why this Thread was started. People can disagree if they like, but there is something noticeably more difficult with her that's not scale. I am not the problem.
    That's all I'm going to say about the skill argument. I could care less who wants to take shots. Bit hypocritical really.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    I'm not arguing ad nauseum. That's not why this Thread was started. People can disagree if they like, but there is something noticeably more difficult with her that's not scale. I am not the problem.
    That's all I'm going to say about the skill argument. I could care less who wants to take shots. Bit hypocritical really.

tbh this could be argued for everyone thofor both sides someone who steam rolled her could've found her simple thus the rewards for it was fine for them but someone who struggled a bit and found her more challenging could feel they shouldve got better rewards for this type of things it's always going to be up the player if they feel the ends justify the means for the
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Idk, sometimes it's down to luck (hahaha) for me
    Some fights I just try and fight normally and I end up one-shotting her, other fights you get the "dropped block glitch" when you fail the parry, and she just roasts me.
    I mean, the other day I used GP to take her down to 50%.
    It does seem very random how I perform against her, but yeah everytime I see her I feel a bit of fear.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    People always make these posts when a champ is new. sound familiar to anyone else.

Personally I think it's as breeze for 150 shards twice a day. If it to much of a challenge or you don't see the value then don't do it. Why should kabam tone her tone just because some people are not ready for the content.

If you struggle with this domino then you obviously have not faced the uncollected one.

• JingoJingo Posts: 32
    To answer in the way the OP wants, my opinion is:

Is she tricky: Yes
    Is she harder than other bosses: Yes
    Is she too “amped up”: not in my opinion. She is harder than others Like kingpin and doc oc but I’ve only ever lost one or two champs to her. Watch videos and pick right champs
    Is she worth the rewards: yes i suppose if you’ve got used to her but generally I think the whole mission ain’t worth it for the time anyway.
    Peace out
    Clearly, everyone else must be wrong and OP right. Because that’s how it works when you say “I am not wrong.”

I was trying to be constructive and give advice on how to deal with her, but it seems OP is just set on his mindset and not open to even discuss anything else.
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Idk, sometimes it's down to luck (hahaha) for me
    Some fights I just try and fight normally and I end up one-shotting her, other fights you get the "dropped block glitch" when you fail the parry, and she just roasts me.
    I mean, the other day I used GP to take her down to 50%.
    It does seem very random how I perform against her, but yeah everytime I see her I feel a bit of fear.

I've had consistent problems with her. She's operating much faster than you can. CF kicks in, you're down. She starts with a Crit, you're down. Can't Evade as fast as she comes at you. Abilities won't proc. Blocks won't catch. It's just a mess.
    It's possible if you want to invest in Revs, but I don't spend that much on EQ getting through Bosses, I'm not doing it for 150 Shards, when I could get much more than that from other areas. She's not scale all-round. not in terms of the Rewards, or in comparison to the other Bosses.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    She’s either really difficult or really easy. Just depends on rng.
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    edited June 2018
    Not ready? Lol. You missed the part where I indicated I have no issues with the other Bosses. You can't deny that there is something uniquely difficult about her in Mercs.

So here's my two cents on your issue.

Yes she is tweaked higher than other bosses. She is the only one that gives me difficulty. Her abilities proc about 13x more than my owned version of hers does. (4*). I get that she's a 6* hence more abilities, etc.

No because it's needed to start discussions like this when something is off. (I exclude any posts that are so arrogant and conceited that all they can say is get better, work harder in a "LUCK" based system)

Now, I have beaten her as boss every single time... BUT.. BUT.. sometimes I can blow through her with 1-2 deaths, other times, I'm on my last champ poking her with chopsticks in the butt so she'll die. The problems sadly isn't with her difficulty, it's the way her abilities are. Critical failure can proc on ANYTHING you miss.

Yes it will proc on a missed parry, evade, dexterity, bleed, YES even bleed IMMUNE. (Doesn't trigger bleed but it will cause a critical failure). The only real problem with this characters abilities is, she only has two option in this game, Godly, or Trashcan. There is no in between. Critical Failure penalizes you for doing a good job of skill yet the system somehow decides that you failed, yet you didn't, but we're going to hurt you anyway.

Fighting her is like getting a good drop rate out of any crystal.

Lastly, for 1/100th of a 5* as a reward, no, flat out she's not worth the hassle.
This discussion has been closed.