2* wars effecting the highest levels of AW.

Comments

• Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,375 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    As long as alliances can choose when to matchmake there will be the potential to abuse the system by having two alliances enter matchmaking at the same time when there are few others searching for a match. Along with this is the problem of seeing information about your opponent before locking in defense. Both of these problems need to be addressed if you want fair competition. One suggestion is using matchmaking pools where alliances enter matchmaking, set their defense, and then all alliances from that pool are matched up. If you want to keep some essence of choosing a start time you could run 2 or 3 pools each matchmaking phase.

Dunno the best way to do it.

But the way it is done now could certainly do with an overhaul.

Top 10 allies should all have to play each other once in a season as a minimum for example...

11-20 same deal.....

Hhere are 24 wars in a season. I suggest something that makes it so half will be against allies lower than you and half against allies higher than you.... but all within a close range of where you are....

And make it so there is noway to calculate who your opponent is until attack phase starts.... hide all the info...
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Member Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Marvel Contest of Cheaters, sad to see this is still happening in AW Season 2
  • ScottLangScottLang Member Posts: 149
    Maybe just get rid of seasons all together untill something can be done about cheating. This game mode as broken up a lot of alliances and brought out he worst in people all for items used to rank up champs lol this is what grown men (and women) are cheating and being complete a holes about is items to rank up champs lol its asinine wasnt this bad when aq was the way to get the rankup materials.
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,078 ★★★★★
    ScottLang wrote: »
    Maybe just get rid of seasons all together untill something can be done about cheating. This game mode as broken up a lot of alliances and brought out he worst in people all for items used to rank up champs lol this is what grown men (and women) are cheating and being complete a holes about is items to rank up champs lol its asinine wasnt this bad when aq was the way to get the rankup materials.

This applies to anything that has competition.....sports, etc.
    Here is another idea.

Scratch everones war rating.
    Have everone start on 0....
    Yes it might suck for a while.
    Yes strong allies might steamroll weak ones for a while.
    But it will eventualy balance again.
    This time only fairer.

Allies will get reset back to 0 if caught piloting.
    Allies will get reset back to 0 if caught modding.
    Allies will be unable to collude and do 2* wars etc cus they will have 0 idea who they are facing until attack starts.
    Only the strongest and most skilled allies will be able to climb to the top.
    Under one circumstance i would like to do a 2* war....
    If we also only attacked with 2*.....
    In that case it would be fun.....
    It would not be a case of who has stronger champs...
    It would literally be about skill of the player...
    No items allowed...
    Only 2* defence...
    Only 2* attack...
    Could be really fun like that....
  • AegonTAegonT Member Posts: 156
    Just curious how much VNese got paid to let this war go !!!

Huh , How much ??

They were almost certainly happy to take the deal. That match is a loss either way for them. This way they max out their points from the loss and don’t have to use any resources to get there. It’s the best possible outcome for them once they match has been made.
    If i was approached with the offer of a 2* war.....
    I would agree...
    But then i would place my strongest defence.....
    That way incould crush them with my attack....
    Whilst they need to push hard to beat my defence....
    Serves them right for attmepting to exploit the system....
    What they think is an easy win is actually a ln easy win for me and a big #### You to them!!!!!
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Member Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    And what is a season??? This is the summer season, I think.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Member Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    I hope Kabam reverses all the points these alliances got doing 2* AW and piloting right before the end of the season so that they get feel the hurt of the punishment, and those alliances that have spent $$$ and units healing and reviving in AW by playing the game legitimately get rewarded.

Very large amount of players are once again burned out on AW Seasons from the constant spending of in-game resources and real $ to purchase in-game resources to finish their AW paths and constantly boost to lower their AW deaths. Just a little insulting that alliances who have no problem spending endless disposable income on MCOC colluded to improve their AW Season 2 leaderboard scores.
  • Repto23Repto23 Member Posts: 786 ★★★
    Or everyone can do this and stick it to kabam for making potions and boosts so expensive. They arent cheating so ya'll just need to get over yourselves
  • Vale84Vale84 Member Posts: 308 ★★★
    There is no room of discussion for punishment. Punishment has been the same for all cheaters so far (1.4m points deduction and 300 war rating), and having NY or any other ally have a wider one would be unfair to them. You (we) can discuss the problem regarding next upcoming season but nit the current one.

Like someone smartly wrote tho, the problem is elsewhere:

The moment kabam stepped on to punish iso8 they created a new precedent. Being it too harsh or too kind doesnt matter. They got ahold of a clear case with proof for once so they have ti decide on a line of conduct. Which was considering war manipulation as cheating.

1)Being it minor, average or major manipulation doesnt really matter. If you gave a free walk with no defense, agreed on a 2* war or worse, the main point is that you tried and successfully manipulated the war you had.

2) the moment kabam decides that manipulation= cheating and hands over penalties, it
    means all kinds of manipulation are cheating.

3) as per above, for justice of an equal treatment and sticking to the "plan", every kind of manipulation MUST receive the same degree of punishment, there is no going around it.

Not doing so would equal to stating 2* wars are fine, no problem.can you imagine at 3 wars from season end what that would translate to? The whole season would turn into a meme fiesta just in those last 3 aws and efforts time and money used up for it would go to waste for most of who played by the rules.

That s all. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto

• Vale84Vale84 Member Posts: 308 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    The moment kabam stepped on to punish [Removed by Moderation] they created a new precedent. Being it too harsh or too kind doesnt matter. They got ahold of a clear case with proof for once so they have ti decide on a line of conduct. Which was considering war manipulation as cheating.

1)Being it minor, average or major manipulation doesnt really matter. If you gave a free walk with no defense, agreed on a 2* war or worse, the main point is that you tried and successfully manipulated the war you had.

2) the moment kabam decides that manipulation= cheating and hands over penalties, it
    means all kinds of manipulation are cheating.

3) as per above, for justice of an equal treatment and sticking to the "plan", every kind of manipulation MUST receive the same degree of punishment, there is no going around it.

Not doing so would equal to stating 2* wars are fine, no problem.can you imagine at 3 wars from season end what that would translate to? The whole season would turn into a meme fiesta just in those last 3 aws and efforts time and money used up for it would go to waste for most of who played by the rules.
    Post edited by Kabam Vydious on
  • nopenope Member Posts: 134
    Agree with all that except the "same way" part. It's past time to go all out and make an example or two. It's been proven over and over that players will just continue the same behavior because the penalties aren't steep enough. They'll stop piloting an entire alliance and spread the pilot workload over several members to fly under the radar. They'll get more exclusive as to who they allow in matchmaking rooms. They'll forego text altogether to avoid screenshots. Etc etc etc.

Arena abusers got arena bans and weren't allowed rewards from arena. Drop a war ban and take away rewards and see how fast things get cleaned up.
  • RiegelRiegel Member Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I can agree with that.
  • SperaSpera Member Posts: 152
    Even though I agree that action needs to be taken ,I don't see how it could be a ban .
    Members can just say it was the leader who decided to do 2* or they had no idea until war started etc.. and punishing the allience by reducing points and aw rating , well we all know that doesn't work for high tier allience , jumping ship is as easy as drinking water for them just to hang on to rewards .
    I do find the "war temp ban" interesting as an allience wide punishment but I think it should be for severe cases like this set up wars people mentioned ,would suck for a whole allience to get banned from wars because one or more piloted or used another type of cheat without the rest knowing 😌
  • Ralphie1025Ralphie1025 Member Posts: 1
    Riegel wrote: »
    Time to sit down and have a hard look at the data. Who all participated in this from plat 1 and up? If you want to go deeper by all means. Find who participated in this form of cheating and punish them the same way they have punished those who have done similar things a week ago.

So my assumption is that you are Riegel that is currently in Apoco? How would you respond to an accusation of your hypocrisy given that the alliance you are currently a member of is in the long known about "matchmaking chat" which many top alliances use to avoid matching each other? Don't get me wrong, the 2* wars are BS, but you are clearly drawing a moral line in the sand that does not include yourself. Just wondering what constitutes cheating and what does not from your perspective?
This discussion has been closed.