**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade parrying a projectile special causing bleed

CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
Why on Earth does Blade parrying a special attack like MODOK's sp1 when he shoots at you from across the screen cause a bleed?

Comments

• IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    TBAG4DAYS wrote: »
    Because it’s Wesley Snipes LOL

You mean Simon Phoenix? Simon says, that's why.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Why do people post stuff like this? I get it. You didn’t save for blade and got a bunch of worthless 5* champs. Why must you knock on champs other people worked to get and used resources to rank? This has been part of blade’s ability set since the day he was introduced. I get it. You are envious of blade. But some day you may get him, so stop crapping on others’ champs and lets focus on the bugs that actually exist to the detriment of the player.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    DukeZman wrote: »
    Explain to me why when I shoot Abmination with HE, his arrow can give me poison from across the screen

Blade's sp1 will also trigger poison on any hit.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    DukeZman wrote: »
    Explain to me why when I shoot Abmination with HE, his arrow can give me poison from across the screen

Causing Abomiantin to bleed results in you being poisoned. It’s not the projectile attack; its that you’re causing abomination to bleed. Similar to Cable; make him bleed and you get degen damage.
    edited June 2018
    Run477 wrote: »
    Why do people post stuff like this? I get it. You didn’t save for blade and got a bunch of worthless 5* champs. Why must you knock on champs other people worked to get and used resources to rank? This has been part of blade’s ability set since the day he was introduced. I get it. You are envious of blade. But some day you may get him, so stop crapping on others’ champs and lets focus on the bugs that actually exist to the detriment of the player.

You think blade causing bleed from parrying a projectile attack is “working as intended” ???

It has nothing to do with what hero is in anyones roster and everything to do with the game working as intended
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Because well timed blocks cause bleed
    Tell me more because another character who inflicts debuffs while blocking does not do so against projectiles and there is nothing distinguishing this is his description. This fellas name is Archangel and after his release he did actually inflict posion while blocking projectiles however this was corrected fairly quickly. But then again AA was all sorts of buggy when released and doing many unintended things.

Maybe it isn’t intentional but rather it has gone unnoticed until now...

Blades tons of fun though as he inflicts bleed while parrying pumpkin bombs and the like from across the screen even though it competly defies logic.

Archangel didn't had that bug. The bug he had was that he was causing poison while attacking enemy's block, instead of the opposite.
    MikeHock wrote: »

You think blade causing bleed from parrying a projectile attack is “working as intended” ???

It has nothing to do with what hero is in anyones roster and everything to do with the game working as intended

So you’re saying you don’t have blade and you are jealous. If kabam needs spark, then people can talk to me about making blade weaker. Instead, spark is going to now be unstoppable in war if mystic dispersion change occurs.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    If proxima can stun on parrying a projectile, blade can bleed. I believe nebula can inflict shocks the same way.

Parry/well timed blocks do not rely on contact, only the stun - except for proxima.

This isn’t a blade issue, it’s a game mechanic issue.. or feature, or whatever. Working as intended until they decide to intend something different.
    To summarize:

Corvus Glaive: armor breaks on “well-timed blocks,” which include projectiles

Blade causes bleed on “well-timed blocks,” which includes projectiles

Working as intended
  • RonildasRonildas Posts: 63
    This needs a fix. @Kabam Miike
    Tell me more because another character who inflicts debuffs while blocking does not do so against projectiles and there is nothing distinguishing this is his description. This fellas name is Archangel and after his release he did actually inflict posion while blocking projectiles however this was corrected fairly quickly. But then again AA was all sorts of buggy when released and doing many unintended things.

Blades tons of fun though as he inflicts bleed while parrying pumpkin bombs and the like from across the screen even though it competly defies logic.

As I mentioned prevusously—Corvus glaive
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    If that’s working as intended then by default Archangel should be terrifying to gun users like Punisher 2099, Punisher, Cable, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Agent Venom, and the like but like it’s been said he was patched to not do this. I would appreciate the same rules for the same wording.

I can’t even properly get behind the patch on Archangel due to melee specials like Carnage Sp1/Sp2, Thor Ragnarok Sp2, Killmonger Sp2, and too many more to list all allowing Archangel to place upwards of 9 poison stacks on an enemy.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    If that’s working as intended then by default Archangel should be terrifying to gun users like Punisher 2099, Punisher, Cable, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Agent Venom, and the like but like it’s been said he was patched to not do this. I would appreciate the same rules for the same wording.

I can’t even properly get behind the patch on Archangel due to melee specials like Carnage Sp1/Sp2, Thor Ragnarok Sp2, Killmonger Sp2, and too many more to list all allowing Archangel to place upwards of 9 poison stacks on an enemy.

I think the cause for a patch to AA is that just blocking can cause all that, whereas blade would only have that once chance to place the bleed. More of a balancing choice rather than a realistic/continuity choice
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    edited June 2018
    FYI, I have Blade. It's still stupid.

They can take away niche benefits from other champs but leave glaring ones like this for champs that are OP.

You could argue that the Abomination thing is an airborne toxin when he gets cut. Kind of like Cable with his degen. I don't have a problem with that. Having Blade blocking a laser blast and causing the shooter to bleed is dumb.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Carames wrote: »
    FYI, I have Blade. It's still stupid.

They can take away niche benefits from other champs but leave glaring ones like this for champs that are OP.

You could argue that the Abomination thing is an airborne toxin when he gets cut. Kind of like Cable with his degen. I don't have a problem with that. Having Blade blocking a laser blast and causing the shooter to bleed is dumb.

Yes, but you're thinking that logic has a place here. It's the same logic that has iceman getting hurt from cold damage. Sometimes the battle realm just makes you shrug your shoulders....

• HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    Video or didn’t happen

And also, explain this to me. Why does a well-timed block of a physical attack cause bleed at all? This post assumes that there is something inherently logical about a well-timed physical attack of some kind causing bleed but a well-timed projectile attack not being able to. Are you assuming his well-timed block somehow pokes the opponent with his sword as part of the block?

Using that assumption, why can a well-timed block of a physical attack cause bleed but not a non-well-timed block too? Or why does blade’s l1 cause bleed but not his normal attacks where he is slicing through opponents? Or, why is it only the two projectiles from blade’s l1 that causes bleed but not the sword slice? Come on. This post screams of blade envy/hysteria, that’s it.

How about this? Why can’t you parry iwim’s “repulsor” attacks but you can parry magneto’s attacks? Answer: “because kabam said so.”

Why does spark spidey get to increase his damage by evading attacks with dexterity but no other champ does? It’s part of his abilities.

Why is mephisto incinerate immune but dormamu and gr isn’t? Kabam said so.

I don’t know much about proxima midnight or Corvus Glaive, but why can the former parry/stun projectile attacks? Bc kabam said so.

Regarding the latter, here’s a better example of why blade is “working as intended.” Corvus Glaive causes armor breaks even on projectiles from “well-timed blocks,” the same language used in blade’s description. Is Corvus also not “working as intended?” My guess is you have an iwim, saw the video of someone beating him with a blade (who was boosted to the teeth), got annoyed and came here. But I could be wrong—I bet there are some iwim holders that are in that position though.

Generally, I find it amazing how people who dont yet have blade will just do whatever they can to dump on him without acknowledging that there are all kinds of different abilities that champs have that make no sense and abilities that make other champs very effective. It’s a game.

Pose all you’re questions to the mods or game team. Questioning if blade should cause bleed from parrying projectiles (or any other question about abilities or hero interactions) doesn’t mean you’re calling for a nerf.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Thank you. I was making a statement, not trying to get the fanboys all nervous lol

And also, explain this to me. Why does a well-timed block of a physical attack cause bleed at all? This post assumes that there is something inherently logical about a well-timed physical attack of some kind causing bleed but a well-timed projectile attack not being able to. Are you assuming his well-timed block somehow pokes the opponent with his sword as part of the block?

Using that assumption, why can a well-timed block of a physical attack cause bleed but not a non-well-timed block too? Or why does blade’s l1 cause bleed but not his normal attacks where he is slicing through opponents? Or, why is it only the two projectiles from blade’s l1 that causes bleed but not the sword slice? Come on. This post screams of blade envy/hysteria, that’s it.

How about this? Why can’t you parry iwim’s “repulsor” attacks but you can parry magneto’s attacks? Answer: “because kabam said so.”

Why does spark spidey get to increase his damage by evading attacks with dexterity but no other champ does? It’s part of his abilities.

Why is mephisto incinerate immune but dormamu and gr isn’t? Kabam said so.

I don’t know much about proxima midnight or Corvus Glaive, but why can the former parry/stun projectile attacks? Bc kabam said so.

Regarding the latter, here’s a better example of why blade is “working as intended.” Corvus Glaive causes armor breaks even on projectiles from “well-timed blocks,” the same language used in blade’s description. Is Corvus also not “working as intended?” My guess is you have an iwim, saw the video of someone beating him with a blade (who was boosted to the teeth), got annoyed and came here. But I could be wrong—I bet there are some iwim holders that are in that position though.

Generally, I find it amazing how people who dont yet have blade will just do whatever they can to dump on him without acknowledging that there are all kinds of different abilities that champs have that make no sense and abilities that make other champs very effective. It’s a game.

Pose all you’re questions to the mods or game team. Questioning if blade should cause bleed from parrying projectiles (or any other question about abilities or hero interactions) doesn’t mean you’re calling for a nerf.

Ummm...the initial post was a question. You responded to me specifically with a question. So I was answering yours and the initial poster’s questions with questions to try to further thought and discussions.

I could have just given the standard forum response then: stop complaining and git good.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    If you haven't realized by now that the laws of Physics don't apply in MCOC then you have been playing a different game altogether.

Furthermore, I remember a Frank Miller era Daredevil comic scene where he slapped a bullet back at the shooter using his billy club. Suspend disbelief.
  • Gertis_mangkas1Gertis_mangkas1 Posts: 43

Archangel didn't had that bug. The bug he had was that he was causing poison while attacking enemy's block, instead of the opposite.

How about thro then?why doesnt he cause armor brake when he parrys a projectile?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

How about thro then?why doesnt he cause armor brake when he parrys a projectile?

He can only cause armor break on stuns ... And he can't parry-stun a projectile.