**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Evangeline Lilly’s Champion Challenge

Comments

• SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    King Pin about to be the real MVP of this and Belly some fools to death. DD synergy gives him 60%+ attack when using a heavy and they can't trigger a passive evade.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Kabam Doot wrote: »
    Here's a handy list of all XL champs currently in game!

Abomination
    Dormammu
    Groot
    King Groot
    Hulk
    Hulk (Ragnarok)
    Hulkbuster
    Red Hulk
    Joe fixit
    Juggernaut
    Kingpin
    M.O.D.O.K.
    Rhino
    Sentinel
    Thanos
    Venom
    Venompool

See? This is why we should have filters for tags in game it would make things so much easier. But thank you for the info!

By the way I’m sure this is a dumb question, but can XL champs bypass CAIW and AM’s natural glancing or do they still retain that ability?
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Angela is Small? That's weird to me. Challenge looks fun tho! Thanks!
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »

Abomination
    Dormammu
    Groot
    King Groot
    Hulk
    Hulk (Ragnarok)
    Hulkbuster
    Red Hulk
    Joe fixit
    Juggernaut
    Kingpin
    M.O.D.O.K.
    Rhino
    Sentinel
    Thanos
    Venom
    Venompool

See? This is why we should have filters for tags in game it would make things so much easier. But thank you for the info!

By the way I’m sure this is a dumb question, but can XL champs bypass CAIW and AM’s natural glancing or do they still retain that ability?

XL Champs (and the required attacks from other sizes) should not trigger ANY glances. This includes natural abilities of Ant-Man and Captain America IW.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Abomination
    Dormammu
    Groot
    King Groot
    Hulk
    Hulk (Ragnarok)
    Hulkbuster
    Red Hulk
    Joe fixit
    Juggernaut
    Kingpin
    M.O.D.O.K.
    Rhino
    Sentinel
    Thanos
    Venom
    Venompool

XL Champs (and the required attacks from other sizes) should not trigger ANY glances. This includes natural abilities of Ant-Man and Captain America IW.

Oh that’s awesome, thanks!
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Question can the Heavy Charge furies increase Hulks special attack stuns?
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Abomination
    Dormammu
    Groot
    King Groot
    Hulk
    Hulk (Ragnarok)
    Hulkbuster
    Red Hulk
    Joe fixit
    Juggernaut
    Kingpin
    M.O.D.O.K.
    Rhino
    Sentinel
    Thanos
    Venom
    Venompool

It looks like Cable's Heavy is still perhaps causing Glancing dmg. He's Large and it shouldn't if I understand what I'm reading.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Rets wrote: »
    If i parry but get a perfect block (zero damage) do i lose the furies?

Kinda bs to lose them when parrying

It says "any damage"

That means Perfect Block champs should have a fair chance to parry without losing Fury stacks. Also Luke Cage is large, and doesn't take any damage when he's indestructible; so he could be an MVP.
  • RedRubRedRub Posts: 15
    No champs heavies should be glancing blows, right? This is not working correctly for sure. I used AA and Cable mostly and they took reflect damage from heavies.

Lost bulk up buffs from this reflect damage (while hitting with heavies) as well.
  • OMC_PintoOMC_Pinto Posts: 101

Abomination
    Dormammu
    Groot
    King Groot
    Hulk
    Hulk (Ragnarok)
    Hulkbuster
    Red Hulk
    Joe fixit
    Juggernaut
    Kingpin
    M.O.D.O.K.
    Rhino
    Sentinel
    Thanos
    Venom
    Venompool

Thanks for the list...Please note the other comments on a "tag filter" in the champions list in game, would be very helpful update. I have been trying to find a full list of "avengers" (those that the HE/Void synergy would work against) and have not been able to get one. Also, no explanation as to whether or not (or why not) "new avengers" do not count towards that synergy. I realize this is a Void synergy specific question, but I see a moderator response in this conversation with a list but cant get a list in the appropriate conversation subject when requested. (see Void spotlight topic).
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Players are saying XL champs are taking glancing damage. Is there a way to confirm if this bug is indeed occurring?

@Kabam Someone
  • TheSchwartzTheSchwartz Posts: 19
    Multiple times I took micro reflect damage on critical hits which by definition are not supposed to be glancing. It was around 2500 damage on a 5k crit.
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Doot Can you please update the filter in the Champions page to filter the different sizes of Champs? I'd like to know who are XL, L, M, and S without going through them individually. Thanks!

Agreed, that would be super helpful!

In the meantime, I went ahead and made a spreadsheet of the size tags for ALL playable characters; made this for the community so feel free to share it around and hope this helps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dPDqUh-LS2e9i2GNJoP-mJ41QMBr6_km4pQmW2zcbjs/
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    zc8pdo297kcr.gif
    So is there a reason I’m getting reflect damage here?
    Update: my hulk just died on Cap Infinity War from doing a heavy.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    I just took damage with Hyperion’s heavy? Will we get a response to this?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    zc8pdo297kcr.gif

All of my champions took damage from heavy attacks in round 4, I used all XL champs (Hulk/Gulk/Kingpin/Dormammu/Sentinel)
  • Unavoidable damage? How could you!

Not at all! While that seems like a tough buff loadout to avoid, the previously mentioned Size Matters buff is designed to specifically help you counter glancing blows. Depending on your champions size, different attack types will not trigger a glance. With our largest champions in the game not triggering glances at all! So dust off the Kingpin and rev up the Red Hulk.

What's the glance chance for other size "classes"?
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    zc8pdo297kcr.gif

All of my champions took damage from heavy attacks in round 4, I used all XL champs (Hulk/Gulk/Kingpin/Dormammu/Sentinel)

Seems like every one takes reflect damage on first heavy.
  • Another ploy for kabam to get every unit and pot off my account,,, thanks for the useless shards and for another event I won't be able to get any gains from. And no I won't spent 100$ to accomplish this event even know it seems very much like what you want from me is just more money and not just good game play to advance to another level
    Another ploy for kabam to get every unit and pot off my account,,, thanks for the useless shards and for another event I won't be able to get any gains from. And no I won't spent 100$ to accomplish this event even know it seems very much like what you want from me is just more money and not just good game play to advance to another level

Or they want you to complete it and add another useless T4C to the pile of already useless T4 of the one class you already have 20 of and don’t get one you actually need. Not speaking from experience or anything....
  • sawe5456sawe5456 Posts: 31
    Oh ho ho ho

after IM IW in aw clownfiesta,
    then another ridiculous unavoidable dmg from domino (plus she wrecks your basic dexterity & block, besides masteries)
    here is another BUGGED counter to yet another BS nodes unavoidable damage

so typical and expected

i have said and say again :

"Before year end, i will not be surprised if they have these mechanics implemented
    - unavoidable damage if your combo ends with light/medium attacks
    - unavoidable damage when you reach 1/2/3 power meter
    - unavoidable damage if you evade after hitting a block
    - unavoidable damage if you dont perform heavy attack every 5 seconds ( we had unavoidable damage if you dont perform 10 hits every x seconds built in void) "

• Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Lol I rev and pot my 4/40 gulk and 3/30 rulk to carry the squad against the last ant-man for completion rewards. Four star shards let’s me get a crystal........

BAM!!!! 💥

The god tier carnage

#BuffCarnage2018
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    LiquidButt wrote: »
    Another swing and a miss...

Yet another no-challenge challenge that requires you to either invest already super scarce resources into **** champs that get used once and never again... or take unavoidable damage no matter how flawlessly you play. I am starting to see the direction the game is going (Domino, this dumb Ant Man glance damage, etc..). So glad i stopped supporting you people with my hard earned money and log in once maybe twice a day. The sun is out and the girls are wearing skimpy clothes again...stop burying your faces in your phones people! I broke my addiction...you can too.

/Incoming forum ban...3...2....1...

Even taking unavoidable damage you can beat this without using any big champs or spending. Easiest one yet except maybe for the one that had life transfer. I guess people are going to complain regardless.