**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can Someone Please Solve the Mystery of War MVP Calculations?

DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
We're having a discussion in our alliance, and no one really seems to know. So if Kabam or some knowledgeable community member (without speculation) could please provide a solid answer that'd be great?

Reason I ask is that we've recently seen someone who beat out everyone else in all categories (exploration, defender rating, attacker kills, and defender kills) NOT get MVP, but instead get beat out by someone else with lower participation stats. This war we have a guy who had 18 defender kills (way more than anyone else) 8 attacker kills (tied with the MVPs), comparable defender rating, but a slightly lower exploration not only not get an MVP spot but not even get close - he ended on the list at like 8th.

So is anyone able to definitively explain MVP calculation? Do miniboss/boss kills somehow invisibly calculate into the equation?

TYIA
-Duke

Comments

• DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Were the kills all countable? Ie if a person died 17 times to.the same node only 3 counted.

I haven't looked into it but I may tonight and try and weight them out

Some where 3+ on like the final boss, but he had 4/5 of his champs get at least 1 kill and those 4 all got more than 1.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Defender kills shouldn’t factor into it at all since they no longer count as points toward the overall score.
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    Defender rating and your attack % are the only stats that count, defender kills dont matter for mvp
    Cobs wrote: »
    Defender rating and your attack % are the only stats that count, defender kills dont matter for mvp

Ok then please explain the pictures I'm about to post
    4mzu9lk7d7wj.jpeg
    5wmuq44b4tcf.jpeg
    ng9q23jbkq82.jpeg
    j9mbygs428uw.jpeg
    edited June 2018
    MVP 3 is better or tied in every way than MVP 2, and the 3rd guy isn’t an MVP at all despite being better in stats than MVP 2
    Defender kills don’t count. It shows them all with 7 attacker kills. I’m guessing that the ones who got mvp had higher attack bonuses from those kills.
    When you look at the war chart, check which stats actually award points toward the total war score. MVP is supposed to be the three who contributed the highest percentage to those.
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Just know who isn't an mvp @Panchulon21
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Lmfao @Micklownick don’t be jelly.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    It’s about overall percent you contributed the war. So if you see based off all maps. He contributed less than the MVPs. I wish they did it based off kills and how much of the boss you drop.

But just a quick tidbit @Micklownick I would still be the number 1 mvp over you

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
    It’s about overall percent you contributed the war. So if you see based off all maps. He contributed less than the MVPs. I wish they did it based off kills and how much of the boss you drop.

But just a quick tidbit @Micklownick I would still be the number 1 mvp over you

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Look again, Dak, our MVP2 has lower contribution in every category except attacker kills where he is tied with Haver - and Haver despite being tied in 1 category and higher in the other 3 didn't get an MVP spot. It just makes no sense to me.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    No. One. Knows.
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    5orx7nk41ydk.jpg
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    No. One. Knows.

@Kabam Miike knows... :-)
    7thStone wrote: »
    38% was only for his BG. Which if his Bg hasn’t done 100% it will mean they will share bigger % in exploration which doesn’t mean that they explored more then the guys with 19% & 34% in a different BGs.

There is no way possible that one single person can have 38% exploration if the they cleared the map 100% in that BG.

P.S i have 85 Mvps & I know what I’m talking about

Personal defenders kills doesn’t count towards Mvp selection, and Attacker kills will count towards exploration and so on in Mvp selection.

We 100%'d all 3 BG's. Could you please elaborate. 85 MVP's is a lot, I just need help understanding. Thanks
    We have a guy around 90 he has no idea how..

His defender rating is sky high tho so

That was a compliment not question of the truth of his statement. I was saying that as a 85 time MVP recipient, he might really have some insight and I'd like to glean that info.
    DukeZman wrote: »
    38% was only for his BG. Which if his Bg hasn’t done 100% it will mean they will share bigger % in exploration which doesn’t mean that they explored more then the guys with 19% & 34% in a different BGs.

There is no way possible that one single person can have 38% exploration if the they cleared the map 100% in that BG.

P.S i have 85 Mvps & I know what I’m talking about

Personal defenders kills doesn’t count towards Mvp selection, and Attacker kills will count towards exploration and so on in Mvp selection.

We 100%'d all 3 BG's. Could you please elaborate. 85 MVP's is a lot, I just need help understanding. Thanks

There is no way a single person can have 30+ % exploration if the map goes 100% in exploration.

One person can have max 17-19% in exploration per map by killing ar least 8-10 defenders + the boss and touching through the movement/ teleportation nodes

. Im ready to help you, but I think you have to check again on the maps.

I can show you any screenshots you want. Those are directly from our war win page. We 100%'d all 3 battlegroups and those are the figures shown in the results screen. I'm just relaying what I'm seeing.
    ue54le7nkoh4.jpeg
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    AW MVP is awarded to the member who gets the most exploration and attacker kills, with miniboss and main boss attacker kills being given more emphasis. That's why players who take the longer paths usually get MVP.
    xyrrtmywwmjp.jpg

The issue I see is here has our mvp last war over 30 percent but look to the right has the top guy listed at 5 percent

The 37% is his map exploration (supposedly. @7thStone says that's not possible). the 5% is his overall participation towards the win. At least that's the way I understand it.
    AW MVP is awarded to the member who gets the most exploration and attacker kills, with miniboss and main boss attacker kills being given more emphasis. That's why players who take the longer paths usually get MVP.

Ok there's some info I was wondering about. But since the calculation doesn't show whether they got a miniboss or main boss kill, we're left scratching our heads wondering why one person got MVP when another with better displayed stats did not.