**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance: people join then leave right away...?

I am wondering if I'm missing something. I consider our alliance pretty good… Dare I say it, desirable. 5+ million, 1400 war rating, always hitting SA goals, and put up good scores in all miscellaneous events. Almost all of us have at least one rank five with PI ranging from 75k to 300+ K. Tier 5 in war and expert AQ (5,5,5,5,3)

No, this isn't bragging. My point is at first glance, and even after joining and looking around a bit we look to be and are pretty successful and inclusive. We are struggling to get over the hump and we need some more high-level players not only to jump to map six but also progress in war. Good, reliable, strong players are hard-to-find so when one joins the alliance and then leaves within a matter of minutes (even after they say hello, what's up, and they get a response right away and then don't reply) it's frustrating.

Are we just consistently getting wishy-washy people or is there a legitimate reason they wouldn't want to stay? Is it because we don't run map six? Is it as simple as that or what the hell is the deal?! We need stronger players

Any insight would be great. Sorry for droning on

Comments

• GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Some jumpers[removed by moderator], leave them, they have nothing better to do except for leeching strong alliances. Or you can put them in the blacklist so other players might be aware of them and don't let them join
    Post edited by TenebrousTenebrific on
  • BronzeFallBronzeFall Posts: 60
    Its not just you. Its lower tier alliances as well. They do leech off you and don't give anything in return which is annoying
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Wimaks wrote: »
    I am wondering if I'm missing something. I consider our alliance pretty good… Dare I say it, desirable. 5+ million, 1400 war rating, always hitting SA goals, and put up good scores in all miscellaneous events. Almost all of us have at least one rank five with PI ranging from 75k to 300+ K. Tier 5 in war and expert AQ (5,5,5,5,3)

No, this isn't bragging. My point is at first glance, and even after joining and looking around a bit we look to be and are pretty successful and inclusive. We are struggling to get over the hump and we need some more high-level players not only to jump to map six but also progress in war. Good, reliable, strong players are hard-to-find so when one joins the alliance and then leaves within a matter of minutes (even after they say hello, what's up, and they get a response right away and then don't reply) it's frustrating.

Are we just consistently getting wishy-washy people or is there a legitimate reason they wouldn't want to stay? Is it because we don't run map six? Is it as simple as that or what the hell is the deal?! We need stronger players

You're looking for stronger players to improve the alliance. It is possible many of the people you are recruiting are looking for a stronger alliance. They might be looking at your roster of players and deciding they are collectively not as strong as what they are looking for. The fact that you say you're looking to recruit to do Map 6 and your lowest players are 75k suggests the people you're targeting may be looking for an alliance where the minimum is stronger.

My advice is try to work on improving what you have. I've been in the same alliance since I was 70k and the alliance had trouble doing map 3 more than three days in a row before needing a nap. Today I'm 400k and my alliance does 5x5. Some of that was dumping the weakest or less ambitious players, but just as much of it was working hard to bring people up and help them get stronger. It takes longer, but the net result is more loyal players when everyone has worked together to build the alliance over time.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    They might be looking at your roster of players and deciding they are collectively not as strong as what they are looking for.

I was wondering why they can't look (which is actually possible) instead of joining and then leaving (almost immediately).

I believe OP is asking this.

Could it be they want to get a foothold in before others and then decides to move on instead of looking and then finds the slot is taken up and can't join?

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Two things. First, you're trying to lump a number of individuals together and find a reason they all do one thing. Each player is different and likely has different motivations for what they do. I would suggest asking the players after they leave.

Second, there could be something negative about your ally that you can't see as an insider. You've given us only the positive aspects and it reads more like a recruiting pitch. Do you have high minimums? Do you have LINE? Are there some LINE notes that may turn off new members? Are you telling recruits your AQ schedule and war tier?

These are just some examples. There's a lot that goes into being a good fit for a player and includes personalities too.
  • WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    I think some of you are misinterpreting what I'm asking. I'm not talking about players that I've recruited. They generally stay. I'm talking about when we "open" the alliance and allow people to just join. People join and then leave within a minute or two. And as far as only listing positives… I've listed the things a player can see about the alliance without them actually talking to us.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Don't ever "open" the alliance. There's zero chance of a player you actually want to randomly find his way into your ally. And most solid players would never join an "open" alliance. Always recruit, even if just for a filler.
    Generally speaking you're right. Couple of our best players just happened to find us though.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Wimaks wrote: »

That's why we have a recruitment channel on Line where we lay out all our Alliance goals, event minimums etc. Unless a player abruptly leaves, we always try to switch a player when no meaningful event is on (AQ, AW). This means we start looking for a replacement at least a couple of days in advance and when we find one, he has to wait until the guy he is replacing leaves.

A lot of guys don't want to wait, but those that do, probably won't leave the alliance the same day they joined. We've been doing recruitment like this for a couple of months now and it's working great.
    Recruitment channel?