**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

War matchmaking screws us

Our alliance has been playing and spending all season long. We have had some tough match ups and we have spent a lot of time and assists to clear and win as much as we can. As we see ourselves creeping into platinum 2 we finally see all of our hard work paying off. Until we saw the match up for our final war. Only -2 it we lose. +114 if we win. You just matched a primarily tier 3 now tier 2 alliance with a top 5 alliance. This is purely unacceptable. You’ve written our fate at the last conceivable chance and we are just in total shock. Why would you stack the favors so far against us for our last war of the season? We have never seen points disparity this extreme in the history of alliance war. What is your explanation? cwkg8r5yhwli.jpg

Comments

• PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Murdastang wrote: »
    Our alliance has been playing and spending all season long. We have had some tough match ups and we have spent a lot of time and assists to clear and win as much as we can. As we see ourselves creeping into platinum 2 we finally see all of our hard work paying off. Until we saw the match up for our final war. Only -2 it we lose. +114 if we win. You just matched a primarily tier 3 now tier 2 alliance with a top 5 alliance. This is purely unacceptable. You’ve written our fate at the last conceivable chance and we are just in total shock. Why would you stack the favors so far against us for our last war of the season? We have never seen points disparity this extreme in the history of alliance war. What is your explanation? cwkg8r5yhwli.jpg

Since it's the final war could it be you either match with someone or no one at all? Better lose than not even participating; that being said the differential is unusually high....
  • MurdastangMurdastang Posts: 27
    @PaytoPlay we will try our best but 10/10 it's a top 5 war allaince. We aren't throwing in the towel but there is no way for us to win this. We finally reached plat2 in 49th place and with this loss we are back in plat3. Instead of giving us a fighting chance they match us with a top allaince.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    @PaytoPlay we will try our best but 10/10 it's a top 5 war allaince. We aren't throwing in the towel but there is no way for us to win this. We finally reached plat2 in 49th place and with this loss we are back in plat3. Instead of giving us a fighting chance they match us with a top allaince.

Best of luck staying on plat 2 don't give up.
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    edited June 2018
    Unfortunately, the higher the bracket, the fewer alliances to match you against. I can understand the frusration, a sometimes matchmaking doesn't seem to make sense.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Happens to all of us.
    @Maidril show me. Never in my time playing this game has it been this extreme in difference
    You’re lucky if this is the first time you’ve been screwed by awful matchmaking. It’s not a new charm of the game. I don’t track my prematch victory/defeat points, so hard to show you it’s not that abnormal ;)
    edited June 2018
    @Maidril like I said we had our fair share of bad matchmaking but never this extreme....if we lose its only 2 points off. I never seen anyone post something even close to that. P2 allaince vs a master allaince...and that's us finally just reaching p2 we been fighting in n p3 all war long. That's like us facing someone in gold 2.
    Hey man, not saying it doesn’t suck. Best of luck!
  • SlickpeteySlickpetey Posts: 89
    We went through this recently as well. I think it happened 3 times this season. We did our best but ultimately we got beaten.
    @Slickpetey Who did you guys face?
  • FlyingPigsFlyingPigs Posts: 28
    Just a thought, but maybe the seasons point multipler can take into account the disparity between the 2 alliances if a mismatch happens.

Just to throw out a suggestion - each alliance will apply the multiplier of its opponent for the points in that war.
    Top 5
    After 5 it drops below what the calculator says

8poy1mgueux1.jpg
    b40ndqlhuptf.jpg
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited June 2018

never seen that large of a spread ... not sure if top 5, but maybe one of the top 10.

good luck.