**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• KbugiiKbugii Posts: 167 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Agreed
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    This is a cash grab, pay to win mechanic.

I feel insulted the way we are talked down to after voicing our concerns in this thread alone.

I constructively disagree with these changes.
  • ChimpyboyChimpyboy Posts: 124
    edited June 2018
    of course they are gonna gimp MD now. Why use mystics with MD when you can just drop a defender with an annoying auto-block mechanic into your defense. AB is the 2018 'go-to' instead of actually developing new and interesting features. Need a new champ to be a good defender, just dump an AB mechanic onto them and watch everyone set new arena records and whale out on crystals.

Next new champ: features auto-block 46.5% of the time, when not auto-blocking, triggers an armor up that initiates auto-block.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Well guess I’ll look forward to getting kicked from my alliance because I refuse to drop any resources on AW after these changes. We’re basically going back to how AW was before diversity when we had to face maps full of the same 5-7 champs every war. Only difference is now we don’t have to worry about defender kills costing us the wars. Wars will be determined solely by which alliance has the deepest pockets. Watch how many ties result from this new format oh and in case you haven’t experienced it ties count as losses for both alliances, Brilliant!!!
  • nmess23nmess23 Posts: 9
    Its going to be mostly Domino, Medusa and IMIW.
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Just dont spend or do wars...simple...that's gonna be all my friends say to combat this awesome change
  • THEBESTTHEBEST Posts: 9
    how is it war not gonna be more difficult with the new changes? not to mention now lots of allys changing their name into IIIIIIIILILILIIIII and thats make it even harder to scout before joining atk ....thats the goal Kabam has in mind!! cheater got no ban, ally got pts reduction ending roasting us in lower tier...well done....
  • boss6390boss6390 Posts: 35
    hurricant wrote: »
    NevvB wrote: »
    So you made the nodes harder, any changes in rewards?

The rewards have not changed (aside from Season rewards being halved to match the change in length). This is because Alliances were still finding these Maps far too easy. The goal of these changes is to put an end to the near 100% of wars ending in 100% Exploration.

what's wrong with 100% exploration? people will continue to pay for 100% you know that right?

100% exploration should be a rare instance, and if achieved, should be helping to decide the winner of a War. It should not be a common occurrence for both Alliances to be able to hit 100%, and then the deciding factor becomes Attacker Bonus points.

In other words, you want us to soend more money by taking skill out of the equation by reducing attacker bonuses. Also, i want my rank down tickets for defenders ranked up for diversity. We arent fools, we have well learned this system.

• gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    edited June 2018
    They should focus on increasing Attack Bonus to war scoring. to properly segregate the alliances into their tiers by skill and smart play.

Enough wherein 85-95% exploration achieving 80-100% of max potential attack bonus can beat a 100% exploration ptw mediocre skilled alliance with 75-95% of max potential attack bonus. percentages are my personal opinion but should really be a representative of how hard the node buffs are.

they just added more minis which is better for this.

they can make minis and bosses hard and add more points for minis and bosses but spread it to 5-10 defender kills.

i like it if they can already make unique synergies work to have some natural way of diversifying defenders.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    Y'all gonna fix Domino or what? Your agenda comes first before bug fixes, as always.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    I just don't understand. You have changed war so many times in the past year and you sent us on a wild goose chase to win war. Then you change it again and say "hey sorry we aren't giving you any compensation for wasting your time and resources."

Do you know how many spreadsheets we needed to make up because you can't decide on what is best? We are screaming it in your faces pretty much every week. It just doesn't make sense what is going on at your headquarters with the developers. Who is in control here?
  • Steel109Steel109 Posts: 5
    I typically don't post comments but here it goes.

I have no idea why diversity was simply thrown aside after all the hype lol. After all the resources used to get diversity improved is basically for nothing. Then the war maps are made more difficult (which is a nice tweak), but the season rewards are halfed... Okay. I get that the seasons are shorter but if the maps are harder, it basically means you're fighting harder for the same rewards. Kinda one sided isn't it?

In addition, now that diversity is a thing of the past, many players have high ranking champions they can't stand just collecting dust because they have no purpose. Rank down tickets would be fair compensation for such a major change, so everyone can straighten out their rosters.

I love playing this game and know money has to be made but there's an old saying, "If it's not broken, don't fix it."
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    What’s more is with less than two weeks notice we have to completely adjust our war defense which is impossible as it take months to get rank up materials. Seriously just such an obvious greed play.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    We have to be careful. You need to fight for diversity. If you fight for RDT’s you are giving the whales even more of an advantage by allowing them mats to rank up the best defenders immediately and you are letting Kabam get away with doing it by asking for them!. These guys have so many 6* shards you’ll be fighting 20 IW IM, 10 5* and 10 6*.

Please fight the right fight. Keep diversity!
  • EBG78EBG78 Posts: 122 ★★
    @Kabam Miike

While you guys experiment with removing diversity or bringing it back, how are players supposed to make any informed decisions regarding rank ups? This basically puts us all on hold until you figure out which option you're gonna go with. The fact that you guys are willing to try different options is a good thing, the problem is that you are not accounting for how this will affect players in the meantime. To facilitate the kind of experimentation you are aiming for you need to give the players some way to adjust their rank ups once the final solution is determined. Maybe that comes in the form of rank down tickets or maybe it's something else - the point is that we need some way to be able to make decisions in the coming weeks without taking a massive risk by guessing if we will end up having diversity or not.

This needs to be shared over and over again. Spot on!
  • Bill0927Bill0927 Posts: 39
    It seems to me kabam had this change in mind when they did away with featured 5* hero crystals as a way to get the newest champs. Not u have to spend 300 u it’s to get the newest 5* champ at about a .4% chance to get them. This was all a long con from what I can tell promote diversity then add new champs with bs mechanics that can only really be attained by spending lots of cash then change the rules about diversity to benefit the whales of the community and I have nothing against them if they feel blowing all their money on a mobile game is a good idea more power to them but I would never be able to justify dropping loads of cash especially on a game where buffs aren’t adressed if it benifits them (making us by potions for things that are not in our control) it seems that kabam truly doesn’t care about free to play players or even players who occasionally spend alittle on the game it’s getting to the point where they change things whenever they want and only as long as it helps them
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Cinn wrote: »
    Why can’t we flag a moderators post as spam?
    Several reasons. Top of the list would probably be the rule on respecting Moderation.

I’ll show them the same respect they show us.

You mean doing their job? The Moderators have a job, and that's to communicate between us and the team, and enforce the rules. They're not responsible for changes we don't like.
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    @GroundedWisdom ok you said several reasons so, name a few more ...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Steel109 wrote: »
    Cinn wrote: »
    Why can’t we flag a moderators post as spam?
    Several reasons. Top of the list would probably be the rule on respecting Moderation.

I’ll show them the same respect they show us.

You mean doing their job? The Moderators have a job, and that's to communicate between us and the team, and enforce the rules. They're not responsible for changes we don't like.

I agree, but this is how we voice our opinions... Opinions that appear to be ignored more times than not.

Ignore how? Threads are for feedback, yes. Not every comment can be responded to, especially when it comes to large Threads. Sometimes there's no answer to provide, and sometimes they are gathering feedback. There's a difference between giving feedback and expecting instant action. Ultimately, it is their decision what changes to make, whether the feedback is good or not.
    In all cases, feedback has to abide by the Forum Rules.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Re-focus please, folks.

Have any of the higher-end alliance shown some opinion on the matter yet, or are they too high up to bother expressing their opinions with us peasants?