**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Shout out to dorky Dave. He nailed this one. A must watch!

Kamikaze_TurtleKamikaze_Turtle Posts: 864 ★★★
https://youtu.be/Mxq-H1VJ1Uw

Absolutely agree!

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Tiberius77 wrote: »
    This is spot on, but like I said in another post, Kabam is a reactionary company, which is the sign of real bad leadership imo. Everything is based on reaction verses forward thinking and planning.

To have a bad apple, there gotta be an apple to begin with, can't have a bad apple without an apple there to turn bad.
    To have a bad leadership, a company needs to have a leader or some kind of leadership in place to begin with. Can't have a bad leadership if there's no leadership there to begin with.
    Are we talking about Kabam or some other companies out there? If it is Kabam, great leaders are everywhere, and everything is WORKING AS INTENDED. They are too great (thanks to people who spent so much to make them so great) until all other players maybe too tiny and insignificant to be considered, except whales.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Absolutely nailed it, Dave! Exactly like Seatin did recently too!
  • Super_Mitch_83Super_Mitch_83 Posts: 89
    We deserve tickets for sure
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    So this argument comes up all the time and one of the biggest complaints is that they only did it the first time because there was a big change at 12.1. Well This is a big change. The other is that some ally’s benefit during the rank up rewards. Well just stop rank up rewards during RDT’s. Just a thought.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I am actually all for them tweaking and refining the game if it makes for a better game. (Personally I think removing defender diversity will make for more boring wars, and will make the game worse... but that's beside the point).
    The problem is in the fact the players are unable to change as the game changes.
    People who have grinded literally months worth of their lives and spent thousands of dollars can have all of it taken away from them in literally 5 seconds.

The game needs to be tweaked and adjusted to continually grow and improve. I get that. The point is, players should have the ability to reallocate their previously earned resources so they can readjust as the meta changes. Not giving players this ability to readjust to the meta simply highlights that investing resources in anything is a foolish process as nothing is guaranteed to be a good investment when the game changes again tomorrow.

This.
  • hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    edited June 2018
    I vowed to stop spending money long ago. Nothing you spend it on stays the same for long. I honestly don't see why anyone spends on this game anymore. Even if you were so highly motivated as to stop at nothing to be the best, a reasonable spender would surely see that investing in something that will almost certainly be useless in your quest in a very short while is not wise. The wisest investment if being the best at this game is the goal is simply to put in the time to get really good, be able to complete all the content, and evolve with the changing rules. I spent about $300 total before I realized this. Once I did I didn't spend another dime. It's been over a year since I spent. I know I wasn't a whale, I only say this to show kabam how their business strategy works against them.

Of course, this is to say nothing about the value of money spent given the plethora of never ending glitches.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    @hephaestus Unfortunately the mindset of the big spenders follows a different logic. They spent a lot of money to get where they are at and if they stop spending then their account falls behind. Once it falls behind, it doesn't have the value it once had (in relation to other big spenders) and it solidifies the fact that the money was wasted. That drop in perceived value and the fear of letting previously spent money go to waste is used as justification to keep spending. The whole time they continue to hope that someone out there is willing to buy it from them so they can recover the money spent and turn their account into an investment.

For several players who follow this logic early on, it does pay off because others who join later want to be at the forefront right away. There is a market for big spender accounts.

As time progresses and the game goes through various updates, the player base slowly becomes aware that the end is coming. No game will last forever. Even the biggest alliances of spenders cannot keep the game afloat. The market for big account fades and the big spenders do eventually stop playing.

I was in one of the big spender alliances in another game, and this was precisely their thought process. It was painful watching them throw more money into something that was dying. It genuinely hurt when I uninstalled that game because I knew that several thousand dollars was literally gone with nothing to show for it.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    If you want to say something say it yourselves, don't use Dave's or Seatin's or BrianGrant's words.
    I'm sure they could post as easily as you had in the Forum but they didn't.
    These players stated their personal position and nothing more.
    These threads seem inflammatory and using their name brings nothing good.
    I don't want to talk in their name but I feel they are used.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    I'm all for unity but do you really think a lot of folks will be jumping in the bandwagon.. especially the money spenders and people who are free (off) for the holiday..gives them a day to actually play the game for resources
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    42v7ryjq4on8.jpg
    This comment on Dave's vid exactly summarises the business logic behind why Kabam do what they do. It's not about making the game more fun. It's about continually changing the goalposts to drive more revenue.

and this is the most dangerous point of all the bs being said these days.

Arbitraliry reserving the right to switch metas at your pure will equals to scamming your players, end of story.

Metas are made by players, where the Devs put their hands on it just to tweak what is too strong or weak. There is no precedent of a game where meta switching can void a year's worth of progression, anywhere.

MMo introduces new content, new items and equips, but older equips still have to be used combining them with new ones, that's the whole point. Think if a mmo did the same pushing out OP stand alone equipment, half of their content online would cease to be fought and could very well be erased. Comparing it back to mcoc, "content" equals to champions in this case, meaning said "content" (champions) could be very well trashed away for good.

And the thought of "oh it could come back handy when they put back diversity" doesn't hold cause by then there'll be different diversity champ way better than the ones you ranked for naugh.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Im a spender on this game so far for the year I think ive spent over $2000 but over the last month I've realize how tone deaf Kaabam is, they're always quick to fix things the benefit the players as soon as they find out about the revive bug this issue was fix while other issues we get " under investigation" or " we are aware of the issue and a fix is in play which is usually BS like how long did it take to fix Miss Marvel Sp2, ohh AA can stun even champs on stun Immune we got to fix that right away but Modok auto parry took awhile. Now my problem is I have a lot of champs I rank up that I only did it for diversity and now I have good champs I don't have any resources to rank them out due to spending it all on champs for war that help the alliance get diversity points which a few of our wars was won just because we had better diversity, now that there's no more diversity what im suppose to do with all the champs I wasted t1 and t2 alpha on and also t4 cat, eg, black widow, ant man, Bishop and Electra
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    There really isn't any legit way to make informed decisions about how to progress in this game anymore. Who am I supposed to rank up? Why? If I rank this champ up now, will it get nerfed later? Will its utility be obliterated by capricious game team decisions about AQ or AW or arenas or whatever? If I'm buying and earning resources in game with real money and time, and I am then using those resources for a specific goal, to have that goal nuked shortly thereafter leaves me with no confidence in the leadership of this game environment.

Besides, what kind of game says "you're not supposed to 100% the content"? That may be one of the most blatant egregious statements made by mods on here revealing that the changes are really only to turn this into "WALLET WARS."

The proposed changes are bad, Kabam's communication skills and ideas are bad, and they should feel bad. If I were this consistently bad at my job, I'd have been fired by now.
  • sx32dqh556jg.gif

Cheers to Dorky Dave for telling it like it needs to be to Kabam!
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    I think Dave is right, but I also don't think RDT really solve the problem. The problem is Kabam's business decisions and their intent to fleece its player base.