**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Did you fix the Synergy issue on AW defense yet? @Kabam Miike
  • blindside493blindside493 Posts: 51
    @Kabam Miike no responses at all? The negative criticism of these moves easily should have been anticipated, so surely in order to have decided to move forward, the team had to have some "rationale". Why did Kabam decide to do this? Please don't give the excuse of making maps impossible to 100% - the exploration rewards are scaled so the farther you get, the better rewards. Of course high end groups are going to push/pay to 100%.
  • boss6390boss6390 Posts: 35
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto

Yalls motives are for money obviously, so let me put it this way to you. You have no idea how much money you will lose if you dont issue rank down tickets. You haveno idea howmany 1*ratings this game will recieve. You have no ideahow many people will quit this game. I understand you have to make money, but making the player base angry and doing something like this that completely ruins our game is not the way to do it. We used our hard earned resources to rank up champions for this system of gameplay and then you suddenly remove it. So what if it comes back in the future? If it isnt permanent nobody wants to rank up champions for it. We can just use what we have instead of ranking up others for specific purposes in diversity. In asking you as a player and customer, please give out rank down tickets. Even if you just give out two tickets for five stars and two for four stars, it will help the status of the game.
  • I support the evolution of the contest. However, these changes hurt your most loyal players, and further undermine the competitive integrity of the game we all enjoy. If Kabam wishes to restructure the entire approach to AW, that's perfectly reasonable, but find ways to allow your players to adapt so they can continue to enjoy their roster and the game. Moreover, you must find a way to maintain some semblance of competitive integrity, so that skill plays at least some part in season rankings. If these changes make it as hard as you claim to complete the AW map, then attacker bonus (at least somewhat skill driven) can be overwhelmed by another team simply spending their way through near-impossible nodes (IMIW with Counter Tactics).

Like many, I would suggest two key strategies: 1. Rank down tickets to allow players to redeploy their elite rank up materials (largely acquired through static content and thus irreplaceable) to adapt to the newly created meta. 2. Significantly reduce (or even eliminate) the cost of AW potions so that AW seasons are not decided exclusively by which alliances can spend the most.

Finally, please avoid these kinds of messes in the future by actively piloting proposals like this in an Open Beta, so that Kabam and the community can study together how a change like this is going to affect all of us.
  • KbugiiKbugii Posts: 167 ★★
    Why are the mods editing people’s posts? Sensorship much? When you make changes like this you are open to people’s feelings on the product, especially those that have a financial investment in the product.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Rockon wrote: »
    and what about awakening gems for us that awakened champs used strictly for war?

You can still use those Champions on Defense if you please, and might want to use them again in the future. This was a choice based on the Meta of the game at the time. The Meta will always change, and what might be a great Champion on Defense now, might not be in a few weeks, or a month, and then could end up as the top defender again in another 4 months.

There will be no Rank Down Tickets, or anything of the like, for this Change.

EDIT: For Clarity

This is a sad post. If the meta can change at any point we would never know how to use the limited resources we have. A change in meta of this magnitude should have rank down tickets. This is a classic case of moving the goalposts. You see the goal, even if the shot is on target if you move the goalposts too far you'll not score. Unfair.
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    Ok being constructive now....

Please do a youtube live on mcoc official channel bi-weekly and respond to the questions asked by your community, that way you can maintain the transparency and we will know what to expect in the future.
  • AllenTSBAllenTSB Posts: 26
    When we all come together and demand to treated fairly, and like the dedicated community that we are. We are not all big spenders, we are not all free to play. We do all want to do our best and have some in game success. All anyone is asking to have a game where spending is not the deciding factor in all decisions made by Kabam. We just want to continue to be able to really care about this game that has made us care this much to begin with. It’s becoming harder to justify the actions taken by Kabam and I know I’m certainly at a point where all I want is to be able to enjoy this game again without worrying about what is coming next and what kind of outrage it will cause.
  • I suggested a while ago to offer a solo mode that is also seasonal. You can choose either Alliance Mode or Solo Mode...there will be a solo version of AQ and AW that allows us to get similar rewards but not have to rely on being in an alliance. I think that will solve a lot of problems.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    People need to chill on the rdts. They aren’t going to solve this by themselves. Rdts don’t give back awakening gems or sig stones and if they are like the ones we got last time, we won’t get gold. So those rdts will end up costing you even more.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Trying to keep this constructive??? How ???? If kabam wants do to what they want to do without trying to listen our disgust.
    People need to chill on the rdts. They aren’t going to solve this by themselves. Rdts don’t give back awakening gems or sig stones and if they are like the ones we got last time, we won’t get gold. So those rdts will end up costing you even more.

How about you chill???
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Trying to keep this constructive??? How ???? If kabam wants do to what they want to do without trying to listen our disgust.

My honest opinion. Considering what they’re doing, this response is more than reasonable and we would be totally justified in being way more outspoken on here.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    EhDubb wrote: »
    It’s becoming evident that this company is not trustworthy.

Haven't trusted them since 12.0. I have approached the game in a manner that regardless of what you do, Kabam can take it away the next day.

How about then instead of rank down tickets we get:

Depending in rating:

400k+ rating
    1 feature 6 star crystal
    1 fearure 5 star crystal
    1 random awekening gem
    3 t4cc
    3 t4b

300+
    1 fearure 5 star crystal
    1 random awekening gem
    2 t4cc
    2 t4b

Below 200k
    1 feature 5 star crystal
    1 t4cc
    1 t4b
    1 four star awakening gem crystal
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    EhDubb wrote: »
    It’s becoming evident that this company is not trustworthy.

Haven't trusted them since 12.0. I have approached the game in a manner that regardless of what you do, Kabam can take it away the next day.

I stopped trusting them when they removed item caps. To me that was the worst thing they’ve ever done, full stop. There’s no way it could even remotely be about making the game better. It was just about making people spend more.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    With these changes in AW, where diversity no longer matters, we players had to raise champions that we would not normally win (because we had to have diversity) from 4* to R5 and 5* to R3, and now with that change many players need the CC4 to raise champions that we need, it would be good to have at least 2 tickets to lower (1 of 4* and 1 of 5*).

And in this change, AW's spending will be very high for us players, because on the map now we will only have (Spiderman, Nightcrawler, Magik, Mephisto, Dormammu, MODOK, Mordo and especially now Iron Man Infinite War), besides that will have more sub-boss now.
    Aspare wrote: »
    We are asking for the wrong solution from Kabam
    I don't know about you guys but I would much rather keep Diversity around instead of getting rank down tickets. I would love to rank down some champions I ranked up just for defense but I would much rather not have to fight IWIM, Medusa, Domino, Dormamu, 10x each war.

Bro spenders have and will have those ready and ranked up no matter what
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

Depending in rating:

400k+ rating
    1 feature 6 star crystal
    1 fearure 5 star crystal
    1 random awekening gem
    3 t4cc
    3 t4b

300+
    1 fearure 5 star crystal
    1 random awekening gem
    2 t4cc
    2 t4b

Below 200k
    1 feature 5 star crystal
    1 t4cc
    1 t4b

This is fair or gives us the 5 rank down tickets for 5 stars champs

Unfortunately I didn’t thoroughly read through @DNA3000 bit on the RDTs in recent posts...but working under the scenario that they hand out RDT/have some sale...considering kabam pulled this recent stunt, what makes you think they wouldn’t go back to diversity once everyone adjusts their roster to accommodate the same handful of champs? Something to consider...
    SantaGulk wrote: »

Depending in rating:

400k+ rating
    1 feature 6 star crystal
    1 fearure 5 star crystal
    1 random awekening gem
    3 t4cc
    3 t4b

300+
    1 fearure 5 star crystal
    1 random awekening gem
    2 t4cc
    2 t4b

Below 200k
    1 feature 5 star crystal
    1 t4cc
    1 t4b

This is fair or gives us the 5 rank down tickets for 5 stars champs

That's not a solution. Kabam is trying too hard to create a PAY TO WIN aw environment. It's not just about diversity. It's about how much you'll spend in the future aw.

It is not a solution, but nothing is. The fact is that we need some compensation because this is just not fair
  • SSGNick556SSGNick556 Posts: 26
    This is ridiculous and huge slap in the face to the community! While tall sit back and "monitor" wars to again make drastic unrealistic changes whaled are still going to buy wins! 100% maps will still happen. You did nothing but screw over those that were forced to diversify their roster with weak useless champs that are now irrelevant. This is not in the best interest of the players or the game.