**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

LAUNCHING JULY 15: Peak Milestones and Alliance Quests Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

We've just posted an Announcement on an exciting new feature coming to The Contest next week! Find out what you need to know about Peak Milestones in our post here, and then ask your questions!

So to confirm, we won’t get any rewards until the event ends? So for AQ for example, we’re not getting any glory or map crystals day by day anymore?

Also can you show some examples of non-AQ related events with peak milestones?

This is correct. While you won't be collecting small rewards along the way anymore, you will get a much bigger payout at the end of the event.

I will talk to the team about getting some Non-Alliance Quest examples, because we do have some of those coming too.

I guess I'm a little confused as why you would take this away. By taking milestones away(in regards to alliance quest) you take away glory you get throughout the week. I'm curious as to why and how you thought this would benefit players?

It appears this will mostly benefit the whales at the top.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I just want to know if we are still stuck with the tedious sentinel after sentinel fights
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    At first glance it looks good....then it start to not. I'm not sold on these changes. The map Crystals were a set thing....glory items scale up on price. Yea I'm not digging it
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Infantry wrote: »
    Our alliance walks away with 24 map 5 crystals at the end of aq and if I'm reading this right we will only get 9 now which gives t4b and t4cc I don't see how this is a better rewards system

You get 15 of those Crystals from doing the Map itself, which you'll still get.

Currently if you score 130,000,000 Points in the Expert Bracket during an AQ cycle, you get 9 Map 5 Crystals from Milestones 1-9, and 4 Map 6 Crystals from Milestones 10-13, alongside 2,030 Glory from Milestones 1-13.

If you ran the exact same thing in the upcoming Alliance Quest, you'll recieve the same amount fo Map 5 Crystals, 2 additional Map 6 Crystals, and an additional 570 Glory.
    Only better is glory.
  • RonildasRonildas Posts: 63
    I didn't like it.

The difference in rewards is almost none. I'm talking about interesting game resources to upgrade.

We have a system that only a few alliances have access to some resources. I'm talking anout T5b and T2a. This new system doesn't change this reality.

Both in AW seasons and AQ, it's not viable for a lower player to grow strong. If someone starts to play now, they won't ever be able to join a top positioned alliance.

So, the only real options are:

- "off" market of account sales get boosted.
    - 2 years buying all the offers available.

I'm sorry, but this is my feedback.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Will Peak Milestones enter Arena? I think it would be interesting like this.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Ronildas wrote: »
    Both in AW seasons and AQ, it's not viable for a lower player to grow strong. If someone starts to play now, they won't ever be able to join a top positioned alliance.

I've been playing the game for over three years, and I'm not in a "top positioned alliance." However, newer players progress far faster than we did back then. If someone started now and wanted to join a top alliance eventually, if they put in the same amount of effort as the people that are in those alliances they would eventually get within range of that level of performance.
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    botonox03 wrote: »
    Will there be any changes to map 6 in terms of rewards for completion (will there be return of battle chips and gold as in quests such as map 5)?

Also, will there be a cap on the amount of glory one can accrue over a number of alliance quests? If so, what will that be?

We don't have any plans to adjust the rewards for completion of Map 6 right now, but this is something that I will talk to the team about for our next season, as we are working on that right now.

There is a cap for Glory that has not changed since it was introduced, which is 15,000

@Kabam Miike
    Are you sure that the current glory cap is at 15k? I have in numerous occasions received notification that my glory cap is breached at 10k and therefore my new glory is forfeited.

By the way, there isn’t a mechanism for summoners to back track and clear excess glory before claiming the new when the in game message pings you that you have exceeded the cap. Any chance of rectifying that? Thanks
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    Thanks for the clarification if that's the case then this system will be better
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    I say it's better because you have the incorporated peak milestones reward which is what makes it better...yes it's catered to the whales but it's still better for peeons like me...lets get real here it's always gonna benefit the top alliances more than the peeons but I'm happy with it
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    So there's still back to back Sentinel fights I take it?
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    i feel the adjustment is good, most middle/upper class allys will get allot more, the reduction of t1a and t2a prices helps too. yes the weekly payout will mess up some planing for one week, but you can budget this weeks aq rewards to lessen the hit and after that you get more glory to spend on rankup mats or potions.
    you need to budget them over the whole week but with about 20% more glory to spend (lets say a 100mio/rank1300 is ally you got 2760 glory, now its 3550, thats a net of +29% even) and while prices of potions didnt drop, alphas did so you get more for the glory you dont spend on pots.
    also theres an increase in classcats (sure allot of us cant use those due to lack of t1/2a cats but still), while the old rank 1101-1400 got 2 greater glory (40% of a t4cc) now its 35 t4shard crystals (thats 70% of a t4cc).
    id love to see t5b and t1a in the rewards too, for the sake of aq staying the place where you get rankup materials but at least we get more now then before.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    I'm seeing a number of negative responses but this is a good change and definitely a step in the right direction. Those who want daily glory will still have this week before the changes take effect to earn it that way and will have to budget a little before the new systems first payout. More glory and lower cost on rankup materials will be beneficial for everyone. Even endgame players who use glory for potions and revives benefit from the increased glory payout. I just don't see how anyone can consider this a bad thing. Does it fix everything, of course not, but it's a solid start.

Since Im a intermediate/beginner level gamer I found the change useful.
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    It seems that this change is only a meaningful increase of rewards if you’re in a top 90 alliance. Outside that the rewards are hardly changed, for instance my alliance usually places around 350. We can look forward to 800extra prestige, 500 t2a (so in 4 years we can get one more r4 champ), and 1 extra map 6 crystal.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    So why isn't the cap for T4CC 1800 shards purchase also increased. Some of us can't get T4CC that easily.
    I've been waiting for around 3 months to get 2 more mutant cats and even with buying the shards every week I only got 1 cat in 3 months so far!
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    What if some officer of allaince kick summoner in middle of aq? Does he unable to have peak milestone rewards?
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Wow underwhelming. But good to see you are making sure the whales get at least 2 t2a a month while the middle class will only take 9 months to get 1. Solid thinking. How about you scrap AQ give the 1-30 a bunch a t2a and we move on. Or you could do some new content like 5v5 AQ like dungeons. Fresh thinking would be cool.

Exactly the first thing i noticed, its going to put the whales even further in front and any alliance that aspires to mingle with the top guys will no longer achieve it, they just hit a wall once getting so high, because of how much more rank up material the top alliances get from new AQ and AW every month
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    The rewards look great...for 2017. Could you please have the team relook at what veteran players really need? This is utterly underwhelming and disheartening.
    Will we still get the same completion, conquer and exploration rewards from each day?
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike Has the game team considered having AQ fixed on certain days, for example AQ every Monday - Friday?
    looking through the rewards we currently get and comparing them to the new format there is very little difference at our level, 500 T2A frags are not going to make any difference to alliances, The only alliances that benefit greatly are the whales at the top again
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

We've just posted an Announcement on an exciting new feature coming to The Contest next week! Find out what you need to know about Peak Milestones in our post here, and then ask your questions!

So to confirm, we won’t get any rewards until the event ends? So for AQ for example, we’re not getting any glory or map crystals day by day anymore?

Also can you show some examples of non-AQ related events with peak milestones?

This is correct. While you won't be collecting small rewards along the way anymore, you will get a much bigger payout at the end of the event.

I will talk to the team about getting some Non-Alliance Quest examples, because we do have some of those coming too.

1 big concern with this.
    Under current AQ, if I had an item (let’s say a T2a) expiring and I had 4 days to use it but needed 1 more T1a, I could buy that T1a after just the first milestone.
    With the new changes I would end up having the T2a expire.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike Has the game team considered having AQ fixed on certain days, for example AQ every Monday - Friday?

All for this.